 | News Comment | Ten Mill Will kills QPR's unbeaten start - Report at 15:35:27
Well done Tom - always difficult to detail a defeat, and especially one on another day we could have drawn. We may not have millions on the pitch but we do have Jeff beck! ;) |
 | News Comment | A concert six months from now – Report at 22:05:19
Thanks Clive for this! It was immensely frustrating to watch. all that effort and skill in bringing the ball forward into dangerous areas was for nowt. I may be wrong but I think I remember Kone having the same problem with finishing last season until he got a simple one. After that he was the business! Though I should say others had chances: Vale, Saito & Dunne failed to score - even Chair. A bad day at the office for our forwards. Must do better and will do! |
 | News Comment | Up for the cup? – Preview at 16:07:15
Many true words spoken in jest Clive - in other words yet another great article! Coming back from a pre-season my QPR shirt was spotted by a Millwall supporter who DID claim we were to blame for his side not getting promoted! It will be our strongest side possible and hopefully we will see some good football (well at least from one side)! |
 | News Comment | Low risk high reward? QPR roll the dice on Tariq Lamptey – Signing at 11:39:50
It is a gamble by the club to see if his injuries are largely behind him, so I hope the contract has some caveat regarding him being fit to play for a certain number of games per season. He looks good when fit and can only hope he does not become a salary paid in the Medical Centre. |
 | News Comment | End of Term Report 25/26 – Goalkeepers at 10:29:42
I am not a fan of Nardi but did appreciate he has been 'used' this last season and wish him well going forward. Hamer provided that essential cover we needed when Walsh broke his wrist and, despite his lack of competitive games, he did OK. That leaves us with Walsh, who offers little above Nardi in my opinion. Both are good on the line, and both distribute the ball erratically and do not dominate THEIR area. When you add in Nardi's better composure with the ball at his feet, then Walsh comes out second best. I personally do not feel he will improve, but I am happy for a tough loan spell to prove me wrong! Meanwhile - new goalkeeper please!! |
 | News Comment | A different ball game - Preview at 11:00:40
These are two sides that almost don't want the ball (and I suspect in our case wonder what to do with it when we do have the ball)! Stephan has to push for a more aggressive hunting of the ball and far better ball retention when we do have it (passing better)! Then the only problems we face are shooting and scoring. I am hoping Kone gets that winning goal and we all can smile if from W12. |
 | News Comment | Fearsomely in-form Boro too hot for QPR to handle – Report at 12:54:10
Cheers Clive! Why did we lose? all of the above applies in this case I feel: the wrong Starting Xi and tired/out-of-form players. I would not have tried to go toe-to-toe with Boro - they will always manage to score more than us, partly because of their interchanging of attacking positions. This was the time for a 3-man midfield, and once it became apparent Saito was having an off day he should have been hooked for Morgan or Heyden. It does seem with Stephan there is the high road or nothing.... Boro showed why they are a Top 2 side, and why I expect them to be back in the PL next season. We showed our better squad depth of quality was just not enough to rest jaded players it seems. |
 | News Comment | QPR take their ‘adaptable’ approach to Disneyland – Preview at 11:12:39
Thanks Clive! If we do not move the ball out from the back (and who would with Walsh in situ) then we do become predictable. I do feel we must vary our playing out, and I really liked the sneaky sprint back by a Charlton defender to accept the 'long ball' in their otherwise empty half! We should also bear in mid that QPR's forwards are not in that preferred PL height/weight category that Clive mentioned - they are far shorter and slighter. So, long balls to them as they battle tall CBs or midfielders means you are often dependent upon securing those 'second balls' to advance! |
 | News Comment | Danish Jesus spurns the cross for shot at early Easter resurrection – Report at 09:19:58
Thanks Clive - always easier to report a win! Two things: 1. Can a side afford to have a Dembele in the side who does not defend and leaves an area so exposed as a result; and, 2. how come Andersen, Madsen and Ashby are now (at last) playing as we hoped (what should Marti have done before to get this to happen)? |
 | News Comment | The hand of fortune – Report at 12:05:16
Thanks for the report and hope you get press-ganged again! ;) We were exactly alongside where the penalty incident was called and nobody there saw it like tie ref (who was behind them). It just looked like a clumsy coming together by both players, with one choosing to go down. Other than that, I thought the ref did a good job. Chair was far better in the 'false 10' role; Paal played a lotter better than previously; and Ronne was indeed a deserved MotM! Finally, am I the only reader who is struggling to read this report because it overspills onto the blue margin? Is it saved in 'Landscapte'? [MS Edge user]. |
 | News Comment | QPR slump to dead last after Pompey implosion – Report at 11:31:45
I notice in the post-match comments from Marti he (rightly) assumes the blame for starting Fox, a player that had only just come back from injury and was (as it proved) not quite there to do his job. It was a gamble aimed at protecting JCS, allowing him to start against Coventry, but it did not work. However, we must also look at how the midfield failed to defend adequately and failed to get most 'second balls' as Nardi went long. Without dominance (or at least parity) in the midfield you are asking for repeated onslaughts - and that is what we got! |
 | News Comment | Sluggish start for Hatters on Championship return - Oppo profile at 19:22:16
Neither side will be keen to meet twice in a week, with neither wanting to demonstrate on the pitch how they will set up and play. Then there is the big question of how many from the usual Starting XI you rest for a cup match. Too many Dev players and the fans are howling, but equally will be mad if a key player gets injured or is tired for the second fixture. Who would be a manager! |
 | News Comment | I hear you’re a set piece team now father – Analysis at 10:08:10
Nice one Dan! I think it is worth pointing out that Marti's primary objective was to stop the goals leaking at the back. Once that was done he moved onto getting the squad to play in the same way. So, that means he has really not devoted that much time to improving the attacking, but he has indeed done a lot with our dead-ball plays. Now I expect the focus to be upon attack-play, and set plays will be frequently reviewed and refined I expect. |
 | News Comment | Prestige performance puts QPR back in the hunt - Report at 14:51:05
I was impressed with Jimmy Dunne's performance at RB too. It just shows what a professional player can achieve after weeks of doing well in training but not getting picked. Is he now the alternate to Cannon at RB in Marti's eyes? I also feel Chair deserved the MotM award, but was delighted that JCS, Willock or Hayden could stake a claim to that accolade too. Onwards to the Millers! |
 | News Comment | New boys inspire QPR’s first win at Blackburn for 25 years – Report at 21:10:12
Great report Saffa, especially liked the bit about the stickers - very inventive of them! I think I am right that at the end of 90+10 Chair was too exhausted to even join in the celebrations. He gave his all and is an example to others in the squad. Now let's do it all again on Saturday by knocking the Canaries off their perch! |
 | News Comment | Surprise reinforcements lead QPR to Blackburn – Preview at 12:29:38
I agree with your prediction of a 1-1 draw Dave, so that probably ensures it fails... The new arrivals are largely in midfield (1 x DM & 2 x AM (if Andersen joins too)), but much rests on the shoulders of Frey! There is little point in getting up to the final third and squandering chances, whether through inexperience or just poor finishing. Michael Frey will have a lot resting on his shoulders! |
 | News Comment | Light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming towards us? – Analysis at 12:24:07
A really informative article Andrew - and timely from my perspective. Most of this we, as observers, have noted; but it is very good to see it confirmed in these well presented stats. Finding out we are better in attack in games where we had less possession was a revelation though! It is also noticeable that we are using more targeted long balls now to catch opponents unprepared. Perhaps Cifuentes has realised this too...? The priority was indeed the defence, and hopefully currently the dead-ball scenarios and attacking in the final third. We all know we are better than 23rd but that elevation does not happen because of merit - we do need to get scoring more goals and fast! |
Please log in to use all the site's facilities |  | kingfisher6404
|
Site Scores| Prediction League: | 0 | | TOTAL: | 0 |
|