Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Wilfried. 23:41 - Jan 19 with 5342 viewsMagic_Michu

Best striker we've ever had.

Discuss.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Our Wilfried. on 23:43 - Jan 19 with 3593 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our Wilfried. on 23:44 - Jan 19 with 3595 viewsTokijo

Looking good last 3-4 games and starting to show his class.
Our Wilfried. on 00:00 - Jan 20 with 3536 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bob Latchford.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Our Wilfried. on 00:15 - Jan 20 with 3502 viewsDull1Thomas

Our Wilfried. on 23:43 - Jan 19 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Thanks - enjoyed that.

But I'd have to go with Jason Scotland - can only judge on the level they played.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Our Wilfried. on 01:48 - Jan 20 with 3423 views_Kieran

Eeeeeeeeeeez a triffic lad, a top, top playaaa.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Our Wilfried. on 02:09 - Jan 20 with 3397 viewsMatlock_Jack

I always thought Jimmy Gilligan and Terry Connor were pretty exciting.

Jack
Our Wilfried. on 03:50 - Jan 20 with 3347 viewsDanishDuck

Slowest strike ru had i would guess.
Makes it 1-3 not 1-0.
Our Wilfried. on 05:11 - Jan 20 with 3309 viewsLohengrin

Our Wilfried. on 02:09 - Jan 20 by Matlock_Jack

I always thought Jimmy Gilligan and Terry Connor were pretty exciting.

Jack

So did I at the time, mate.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Our Wilfried. on 06:11 - Jan 20 with 3285 viewsDr_Winston

I've said it elsewhere, but put him upfront for Man City and people would be raving over him like they are Negredo. Could do with an extra yard of pace, but he's got everything else.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our Wilfried. on 07:52 - Jan 20 with 3156 viewsUxbridge

No room for the middle ground is there ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Our Wilfried. on 08:07 - Jan 20 with 3116 viewswaynekerr55

Our Wilfried. on 03:50 - Jan 20 by DanishDuck

Slowest strike ru had i would guess.
Makes it 1-3 not 1-0.

Aye he's no Schecter is he?

If only he could be as good as Alvaro

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Our Wilfried. on 08:29 - Jan 20 with 3072 viewsWhiterockin

Our Wilfried. on 00:00 - Jan 20 by Joe_bradshaw

Bob Latchford.

Spot on and we had him when he was little past his best.
Our Wilfried. on 09:55 - Jan 20 with 2919 viewsperchrockjack

He must our most lonesome striker

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our Wilfried. on 10:16 - Jan 20 with 2878 viewsymaohyd

The problem I have with him (and it isn't Bony's fault) is that we've spent too long trying unsuccessfully fitting him into our system, we've looked clueless going forward and have starved him,( as many on here have pointed out) of decent ball.

ML has failed miserably this season and during the summer with his signings. A large part of that hasn't been his fault with the injuries. But having survived our second season we should have been recruiting far better last summer.

Bony is without doubt the best signing, however, if ML had developed the team around Bony, we'd be a good 6 points to the better and not in the s**t that we're in now.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Our Wilfried. on 10:18 - Jan 20 with 2868 viewswaynekerr55

Our Wilfried. on 10:16 - Jan 20 by ymaohyd

The problem I have with him (and it isn't Bony's fault) is that we've spent too long trying unsuccessfully fitting him into our system, we've looked clueless going forward and have starved him,( as many on here have pointed out) of decent ball.

ML has failed miserably this season and during the summer with his signings. A large part of that hasn't been his fault with the injuries. But having survived our second season we should have been recruiting far better last summer.

Bony is without doubt the best signing, however, if ML had developed the team around Bony, we'd be a good 6 points to the better and not in the s**t that we're in now.

I think the "not his fault" comment regarding injuries is a bit of a cop out TBH, I'd agree if they were a spate of impact injuries (like Dyer). We have a higher competition load so the training plan should have been tailored to cope with this.

A multitude of minor muscle strains indicates a deeper problem with conditioning and recovery strategies IMO

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Our Wilfried. on 21:43 - Jan 20 with 2706 viewstherealme

If you supported the Swans when Magic Daps was performing then you're a disgrace for putting Wilfried ahead of him

If you weren't then I'll forgive you

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Our Wilfried. on 21:46 - Jan 20 with 2685 viewsAl_Bundy

Sean McCarthey - best haircut of all time.
Our Wilfried. on 21:51 - Jan 20 with 2668 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Wilfried. on 21:43 - Jan 20 by therealme

If you supported the Swans when Magic Daps was performing then you're a disgrace for putting Wilfried ahead of him

If you weren't then I'll forgive you

I think Wilfried would be more effective in this PL than Trundle at his fittest and best. Wilf can bang them with both feet for a start

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Wilfried. on 22:03 - Jan 20 with 2611 viewsbuilthjack

Over a season it has to be latch ford, but over a few seasons magic daps.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Our Wilfried. on 22:05 - Jan 20 with 2604 viewstherealme

Our Wilfried. on 21:51 - Jan 20 by Brynmill_Jack

I think Wilfried would be more effective in this PL than Trundle at his fittest and best. Wilf can bang them with both feet for a start

Oh absolutely. As much as I loved him at the time, Trunds was never a Premier League player in my opinion (same with Scotland). But when you are talking about the best striker we've ever had, you have to take into account the impact that man had, on and off the pitch.

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

Our Wilfried. on 22:32 - Jan 20 with 2528 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our Wilfried. on 22:05 - Jan 20 by therealme

Oh absolutely. As much as I loved him at the time, Trunds was never a Premier League player in my opinion (same with Scotland). But when you are talking about the best striker we've ever had, you have to take into account the impact that man had, on and off the pitch.

Absolutely . He was a massive factor in our rise and a real folk hero. His love for the club now is as great now as it ever was and for that I salute him

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our Wilfried. on 22:57 - Jan 20 with 2461 viewsDr_Winston

Trundle's not fit to look at Bony's boots, never mind lace them.

Like comparing Atomic Kitten to The Supremes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Our Wilfried. on 23:47 - Jan 20 with 2389 viewsJJ08

If he don't score in the next 5 games it will be like the "Bony waste of money" thread a few weeks ago.... I will go through all the threads to find it if you like but it shows how fickle some fans are.
Our Wilfried. on 01:02 - Jan 21 with 2327 viewsCatullus

Our Wilfried. on 23:47 - Jan 20 by JJ08

If he don't score in the next 5 games it will be like the "Bony waste of money" thread a few weeks ago.... I will go through all the threads to find it if you like but it shows how fickle some fans are.

Not just some!!

Latchford was our best in my opinion. But big Bob got far better service from better wide men back then. Leighton May be a crap pundit/manager/journo but he was a fine winger!!
If Bony got that service I think he'd soon cruise past Latch.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our Wilfried. on 01:10 - Jan 21 with 2322 viewsMolliemick

Our Wilfried. on 23:47 - Jan 20 by JJ08

Bony's improvement over the past say four games has been a revelation compared to the lumbering muscle bound oaf who could not control a football. The early criticism of him was justified and may have contributed to his improved fitness and mobility. But the jury is still out on whether he is worth £12 million plus add ons.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024