Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Club Record 08:22 - Jan 30 with 4154 viewsPhil_S

There were more home fans in the ground on Tuesday night than for any previous game at the Liberty

Reason being new seats added around the ground and us being able to sell the returns we got from Fulham to Swans fans
A Club Record on 13:13 - Jan 30 with 995 viewsDyfnant

A Club Record on 12:57 - Jan 30 by Dewi1jack

If it's only outline permission I don't think you can commence a build.
Could do with someone on here who understands the construction supply chain.
I'm guessing all the architects/ engineers and everyone elses' plans have been okay-ed.
Know there needed to be a travel plan approved as well, as there does for any major build.
About time someone forced through a rail station at Landore, I know it's only cost that is prohibiting such a build (Network Rail claiming the cost is around £5 million

No way the club should pay a penny towards public transport improvements.
£5M for network rail is chicken feed, no doubt government grants would be available as well.
They've just spunked around £100M on putting an extra track from Swansea to Llanelli and loughor bridge and those train are empty most of the time.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

A Club Record on 13:14 - Jan 30 with 995 viewswhiterock

A Club Record on 12:57 - Jan 30 by Dewi1jack

If it's only outline permission I don't think you can commence a build.
Could do with someone on here who understands the construction supply chain.
I'm guessing all the architects/ engineers and everyone elses' plans have been okay-ed.
Know there needed to be a travel plan approved as well, as there does for any major build.
About time someone forced through a rail station at Landore, I know it's only cost that is prohibiting such a build (Network Rail claiming the cost is around £5 million

Agreed that a halt should be built at Landore but can't see it happening as its price prohibitive.

Travel plan with a number of exceptions has been approved, other issues still need to be ironed out and that's why I don't think work will start this spring, planning is for 5 years, I would like to think it would all get done within that timescale.
A Club Record on 13:26 - Jan 30 with 933 viewsMattG

A Club Record on 13:13 - Jan 30 by Dyfnant

No way the club should pay a penny towards public transport improvements.
£5M for network rail is chicken feed, no doubt government grants would be available as well.
They've just spunked around £100M on putting an extra track from Swansea to Llanelli and loughor bridge and those train are empty most of the time.

That's not how it works, unfortunately.

If a development puts additional strain on the existing transport network then the Council can insist on a contribution towards the cost of improving the network so that it can cope - I believe they are referred to as Section 106 payments.

And I'm not sure what railway work was being referred to but, from experience, you don't get much for £5m when Network Rail are involved.
A Club Record on 13:29 - Jan 30 with 930 viewsDewi1jack

A Club Record on 13:05 - Jan 30 by JBT95

Is there any real need? You can catch the 1728 easily (for Saturday 1500 kick offs).

Gives a lot of fans the choice of travel.
There would be around 4,700 people using it per match day. More when there was a London team in town.
The rail operators would also consider a late train, going East after the evening games. Although consider and doing are 2 different things!
The transport Police were not happy at the possibility of our fans and the opposition being on the same train though.
Rail operators reckoned they could transport people cheaper than a return bus ticket from town and cheaper than the park and rides.
Council were happy as it took an estimated 1,400 cars off the road on match days
Did the study in the 2nd year of my degree. The club and the council helped us in return for the analysis of the surveys from us. Some of which is now in the travel plan for the expansion.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

A Club Record on 13:42 - Jan 30 with 902 viewsmonmouth

A Club Record on 10:07 - Jan 30 by perchrockjack

GOOD POST and if we have any ambition the stadium has to be bigger. I d also like to see it used for the bigger music acts instead of everyone having to traipse to Cardiff. Swansea needs to be regenerated and find its niche /its identity and that could be a music city

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A Club Record on 13:44 - Jan 30 with 894 viewsPhil_S

I've been told (and I suspect there are other that can confirm/dispute) that outlying planning permission means almost like an in principle planning permission but will have conditions attached that need to be worked through?

Phase 1 of the build is said to be £10m?
A Club Record on 13:48 - Jan 30 with 863 views_Kieran

A Club Record on 08:32 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

Sooner we get the expansion built and more season tickets sold the better.

Could do with the tix being slightly cheaper too I'm sure all us poor people will agree. x

We do have lots of fans in Blaen-Y-Maes and that* ... (*More than in the posh areas inirrrr)

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

A Club Record on 13:49 - Jan 30 with 865 viewsMattG

A Club Record on 13:44 - Jan 30 by Phil_S

I've been told (and I suspect there are other that can confirm/dispute) that outlying planning permission means almost like an in principle planning permission but will have conditions attached that need to be worked through?

According to the Government's "Planning Portal" :

Outline planning consent
Applications for outline planning permission seek to establish whether the scale and nature of a proposed development would be acceptable to the local planning authority, before a fully detailed proposal is put forward.
This type of planning application allows fewer details about the proposal to be submitted. Once outline permission has been granted, you will need to ask for approval of the details (“reserved matters”) before work can start. These details will be the subject of a “reserved matters” application at a later stage.

Reserved matters
Where outline permission has been granted, you may, within three years of the outline approval, make an application for the outstanding reserved matters, i.e. the information excluded from the initial outline planning application. This will typically include information about the layout, access, scale and appearance of the development.

From that, it looks as if the speed of the process will depend on the level of detail submitted with the outline application.
Login to get fewer ads

A Club Record on 13:51 - Jan 30 with 840 views_Kieran

A Club Record on 13:42 - Jan 30 by monmouth

F*ck knows why Swansea doesn't have 1 decent indoor venue even places like EXETER got 1.

Decent live tuneage, a few fight nights, Premier League Darts. #BringIt

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

A Club Record on 13:55 - Jan 30 with 828 viewswhiterock

A Club Record on 13:44 - Jan 30 by Phil_S

Correct Phil or as Robert Francis Davies said when some councillors wanted a deferral on the decision last week "its a bit like I own a garage at the side of my house, a neighbour wants to build an extention to his property but needs the land the garage is on, planning permission can be granted but not until the issue of who owns the garage is resolved.
A Club Record on 17:39 - Jan 30 with 734 viewsjohnlangy

A Club Record on 09:36 - Jan 30 by MattG

Start in March regardless, IMO, one phase at a time.

Any work needs to be complete (or at least as close to complete as possible) by the start of the following season - waiting until we're safe makes that much harder to achieve. There's money in the coffers so, even at the risk of putting a dent in the next dividend, we need to forge ahead.

By saying 'start in March provided we are confident of staying up' i'm quoting what HJ said at a Fans Forum.

I do agree though. If we're over 30 points get the diggers in.
A Club Record on 17:53 - Jan 30 with 723 viewsJBT95

A Club Record on 13:29 - Jan 30 by Dewi1jack

Gives a lot of fans the choice of travel.
There would be around 4,700 people using it per match day. More when there was a London team in town.
The rail operators would also consider a late train, going East after the evening games. Although consider and doing are 2 different things!
The transport Police were not happy at the possibility of our fans and the opposition being on the same train though.
Rail operators reckoned they could transport people cheaper than a return bus ticket from town and cheaper than the park and rides.
Council were happy as it took an estimated 1,400 cars off the road on match days
Did the study in the 2nd year of my degree. The club and the council helped us in return for the analysis of the surveys from us. Some of which is now in the travel plan for the expansion.

Do you actually use the train? As somebody living in Newport and travelling to most games by train (when it's possible) I do not really see the need of a station at Landore. There does however need to be a 2028 service when we kick off at 1730, and maybe even an extra service to Bristol after 1945/2000/2005 games as if there was I could get a train home.

There is little trouble on services back, that I've caught anyway, including when 3000 Arsenal fans visited us on a Sunday lunchtime.

Where would the station go anyway, on the viaduct? Steep steps when people have been drinking? Away/home fans merging in a smaller space right next to the ground?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2014 17:57]
A Club Record on 18:02 - Jan 30 with 706 viewsDr_Winston

There should be a few buses parked on the bypass at the end of games waiting to head off to Neath, Port Talbot, or anywhere else it's impossible to get to normally at the time evening games end.

Then again this is First and Swansea Council. Two organisations who fail to anticipate a surge in demand for public transport after 50,000 people descent on the seafront for an airshow and lay on extra buses.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A Club Record on 18:29 - Jan 30 with 674 viewsnantywatcher

Against Valencia - one of the best known names in European football the attendance was 17,000 - over 3,000 empty seats!! I do not blame the board for having serious reservations about filling those extra seats and no chance of doing that in the championship. Safety first!
A Club Record on 18:35 - Jan 30 with 661 viewsjackharris

A Club Record on 18:02 - Jan 30 by Dr_Winston

There should be a few buses parked on the bypass at the end of games waiting to head off to Neath, Port Talbot, or anywhere else it's impossible to get to normally at the time evening games end.

Then again this is First and Swansea Council. Two organisations who fail to anticipate a surge in demand for public transport after 50,000 people descent on the seafront for an airshow and lay on extra buses.

This post has been edited by an administrator

You've hit the nail right on the head Dr. The Ospreys used to do this and I remember it worked really well. The trouble was that the Ospreys didn't have the demand like we do. There was a full house v the Scarlets and the dual carriageway was full of coaches ready to take people to their different destinations.

We used to get the service from Waunarlwydd-> Gowerton -> Loughor -> Gorseinon -> Penllergaer -> Liberty Stadium. £3 return. There were services from the Swansea Valley, Neath/Port Talbot, and the Rec.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2014 18:37]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

A Club Record on 18:36 - Jan 30 with 644 viewsJBT95

A Club Record on 18:29 - Jan 30 by nantywatcher

Against Valencia - one of the best known names in European football the attendance was 17,000 - over 3,000 empty seats!! I do not blame the board for having serious reservations about filling those extra seats and no chance of doing that in the championship. Safety first!

The attendance was 17896, it came up on the board and is on UEFA's site, yet for some reason it shows 17000 on our site. 1000 or so seats were not available as they were for Valencia that they never sold.
A Club Record on 18:48 - Jan 30 with 627 viewsDyfnant

Any Landore stop would be heavily used by people coming from swansea west and further that direction. The main traffic issues on match days are through Hafod.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

A Club Record on 18:53 - Jan 30 with 622 viewsDr_Winston

A Club Record on 18:35 - Jan 30 by jackharris

You've hit the nail right on the head Dr. The Ospreys used to do this and I remember it worked really well. The trouble was that the Ospreys didn't have the demand like we do. There was a full house v the Scarlets and the dual carriageway was full of coaches ready to take people to their different destinations.

We used to get the service from Waunarlwydd-> Gowerton -> Loughor -> Gorseinon -> Penllergaer -> Liberty Stadium. £3 return. There were services from the Swansea Valley, Neath/Port Talbot, and the Rec.

You can't get a bus from town to Morriston after about 6pm on a Sunday yet hundreds maybe even thousands of people are supposed to travel from all over?

I'm not suggesting that the club subsidise the cost of it, but I think getting involved in the organisation is something that they could do as a little give back to the fans.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

A Club Record on 19:00 - Jan 30 with 611 views_Kieran

Our club is growing big time we'll be even bigger in 10 years even if we're in L1 I'm confident about that.

For both Wemberley trips there were 1000's and 1000's of kiddos there (Especially compared to Reading) Both memories to last a life time.

Back in the 1990's when I was in primary school I couldn't remember barely anyone following us, the Petty 'incident' + LEON/Robbie etc then Trundlemania kicked it off.

A Club Record on 19:02 - Jan 30 with 607 views_Kieran

MANCHESTER CITY (The second biggest urban area in the UK) got 25K and less for some of their Europa League ties. Should they forget about upgrading their stadium then.

Also, remember how buzzing it was when they had that game where everyone could go for a fiver ...

A Club Record on 19:09 - Jan 30 with 598 viewsStarsky

Oh FFS
See recent Fulham attendance and think a little bigger will you?

It's just the internet, init.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024