Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans Headlines 08:34 - Feb 3 with 6151 viewsPrivate_Partz

Many, including me, criticise the press for reporting unfounded rumours without any direct quotes or named sources. Why therefore is Planet Swans now doing the same with headlines quoting the Daily Mail and Twitter?
All rumours can have a damaging effect on the club and the press just feed further upon this. I don't feel this helping the team and the battle we have to pull away from the drop zone.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:29 - Feb 3 with 1339 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:21 - Feb 3 by Darran

Great comeback hypocrite.

Nothing hypocritical in what I've said, I've had my doubts over Laudrup & his tactics for some time.

Therefore, I fail to see what you’re on about other than trying to give your life some purpose by arguing with a computer screen.

Poll: What would you rather see.....

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:31 - Feb 3 with 1331 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:29 - Feb 3 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Nothing hypocritical in what I've said, I've had my doubts over Laudrup & his tactics for some time.

Therefore, I fail to see what you’re on about other than trying to give your life some purpose by arguing with a computer screen.

So it's ok for you to start negative threads on this forum but we can't have negative headlines on this forum?
Yeah ok bye.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:32 - Feb 3 with 1329 viewsperchrockjack

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:29 - Feb 3 by Dull1Thomas

But there are people on this site who know something is wrong and Huw is about to sack Laudrup

Somethig has been wrong for some time but question is whether to do it now whilst there is still time to save our status.
Its a tough call as the window has gone and our fate lies in the hands of the players we ve got.
Personally, I d like Laudrup to stay and show some spirit and motivate in the real sense all who can get results-which doesn't included members of planet swans

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:38 - Feb 3 with 1309 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:31 - Feb 3 by Darran

So it's ok for you to start negative threads on this forum but we can't have negative headlines on this forum?
Yeah ok bye.

If you or Phil want to run negative articles on the manager than that’s your prerogative, just makes you both look fickle.

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:39 - Feb 3 with 1303 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:38 - Feb 3 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

If you or Phil want to run negative articles on the manager than that’s your prerogative, just makes you both look fickle.

Fickle.

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:46 - Feb 3 with 1280 viewsField_Of_Dreams_II

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:39 - Feb 3 by Darran

Fickle.

According Phil there's nobody out there that can take us further than Laudrup, or at least that's what he thought a little over a month ago. I seem to believe you felt the same way.

Fickle? Hmmm.

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:46 - Feb 3 with 1279 viewsjacabertawe

I know the WM has its critics on here (usually those who take a brief look at the website and delve no further), but here is Chris Wathan's take on our situation. I have to say that he sums matters up succinctly, in my opinion

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/chris-wathan-honesty-s

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:58 - Feb 3 with 1272 viewsPrivate_Partz

I only read a bit of it but it is more negativity as far as bi am concerned. The two big disappointments for me this season are Cardiff away and West Ham away. I found Villa and Southampton away frustrating as we should have got more. Stoke was robbery. All other results were to be expected in view of the teams we have played.
If we lose to Cardiff and Stoke and end up in the bottom 3 then Wathan's comments will be taken a bot more seriously by me.
I hope he expresses as much concern for Cardiff City.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans Headlines on 12:09 - Feb 3 with 1244 viewsLaudrup

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:17 - Feb 3 by monmouth

Huw has come out and said that Laudrup's position has 'categorically' not been discussed (or so radio Wales said). So perhaps we could just kill all the pointless speculation until after Saturday now.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26013937

Swansea City chairman rejects Michael Laudrup rumours

Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins has rejected claims the club have discussed manager Michael Laudrup's future.

I hate signatures

Planet Swans Headlines on 12:17 - Feb 3 with 1227 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:46 - Feb 3 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

According Phil there's nobody out there that can take us further than Laudrup, or at least that's what he thought a little over a month ago. I seem to believe you felt the same way.

Fickle? Hmmm.

I've stated on here for nearly a year that I don't like the fella and most of all I don't line his ways.
I've also stated this very week that they'd be queuing around the world to take this job and I've also been stating for many months the name of the guy I'd go for to be out new manager.
So what else to you believe I feel?

Planet Swans Headlines on 12:32 - Feb 3 with 1203 viewsperchrockjack

Just wish we could end this Physics lesson . LETS BIN THESE TWO WORDS-POSITIVE/NEGATIVE.
People are slipping into categories which stifles debate.

I thought you loved Laudrup but we can all fall out of love-sometimes forever sometimes just temporarily

Planet Swans Headlines on 12:36 - Feb 3 with 1193 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 12:32 - Feb 3 by perchrockjack

Just wish we could end this Physics lesson . LETS BIN THESE TWO WORDS-POSITIVE/NEGATIVE.
People are slipping into categories which stifles debate.

I thought you loved Laudrup but we can all fall out of love-sometimes forever sometimes just temporarily

Perhaps you should actually read posts for what they say instead of reading them with your eyes shut.

Planet Swans Headlines on 12:42 - Feb 3 with 1181 viewsperchrockjack

Planet Swans Headlines on 12:36 - Feb 3 by Darran

Perhaps you should actually read posts for what they say instead of reading them with your eyes shut.

perhaps perhaps perhaps.

Doris Day wasn't it.

Planet Swans Headlines on 12:45 - Feb 3 with 1170 viewsStanners

Planet Swans Headlines on 08:47 - Feb 3 by Phil_S

Completely disagree - the point of the article is clearly to state that there are two differing reports within several hours of each other thus suggesting that most of what is written is guesswork.

The rumours are out there I would agree with you if they were being made up in the article

This post has been edited by an administrator

Planet Swans Headlines on 14:40 - Feb 3 with 1114 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:46 - Feb 3 by Field_Of_Dreams_II

Fickle? Hmmm.

I don't think I ever said that, that may be what you assumed but I don't recall those words passing my lips (or on this occasion my keyboard)
Planet Swans Headlines on 14:43 - Feb 3 with 1048 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 10:28 - Feb 3 by Parlay

You seem to get quite high and mighty over anyone stating the situation doesnt look good. It seems odd you now take this stance after spending all weekend sneering at such notions.

Not at all - again that is how you have taken the situation. What I have taken issue with is the people who cannot actually claim that there is anything constructive in their criticism and can only say "We are shit" or "we are clearly going down" - massive difference

And I am not really sure what my stance is that has changed - there is nothing in the article to my knowledge that says 'Laudrup is shit' or indeed 'Laudrup should stay' so the stance has actually not changed it is merely a report that says there are conflicting arguments in two different papers today one saying he will stay, the other suggesting that he may not.

It's as simple as that - I can't be held accountable for people who read it in a different way.
Planet Swans Headlines on 14:46 - Feb 3 with 1041 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:36 - Feb 3 by Shaky

Also Phil, without revealing the source of your information could you perhaps tell us whether you received it as a result of an enquiry from you, or whether it was volunteered.

To the first point I can't remember whether it was Saturday evening or Sunday morning when I was told that piece of information - I'd stake money on the former but it could easily have been the latter

In terms of whether it was me making an enquiry or the person volunteering the information not that I see it matters either way but it was nearer the former than the latter in so much as I did not go out of my way to ask 'Did Laudrup know about Emnes' merely it was the evolution of a conversation

I hope that helps your very odd line of questioning
Planet Swans Headlines on 14:58 - Feb 3 with 1023 viewsPhaedrus

Planet Swans Headlines on 14:43 - Feb 3 by Phil_S

Not at all - again that is how you have taken the situation. What I have taken issue with is the people who cannot actually claim that there is anything constructive in their criticism and can only say "We are shit" or "we are clearly going down" - massive difference

And I am not really sure what my stance is that has changed - there is nothing in the article to my knowledge that says 'Laudrup is shit' or indeed 'Laudrup should stay' so the stance has actually not changed it is merely a report that says there are conflicting arguments in two different papers today one saying he will stay, the other suggesting that he may not.

It's as simple as that - I can't be held accountable for people who read it in a different way.

What has taken me aback is the new proclamation that if you aren't being negative, you are not a true supporter. Its kind of crazy.

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:02 - Feb 3 with 1013 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 14:58 - Feb 3 by Phaedrus

What has taken me aback is the new proclamation that if you aren't being negative, you are not a true supporter. Its kind of crazy.

We should all go to the last home in fancy dress ,we could all dress as someone negative.
It would look something like this.

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:06 - Feb 3 with 1007 viewsPhaedrus

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:02 - Feb 3 by Darran

We should all go to the last home in fancy dress ,we could all dress as someone negative.
It would look something like this.

Some of those are smiling though.
This is my archetypal internet grump

And what is good Phaedrus, and what is not good. Need we ask anyone to tell us these things?

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:09 - Feb 3 with 1002 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:06 - Feb 3 by Phaedrus

Some of those are smiling though.
This is my archetypal internet grump

It's got have a Scouce connection mun.

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:13 - Feb 3 with 989 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 14:58 - Feb 3 by Phaedrus

Agreed. 100%

Or indeed you get accused of not caring is another one!
Planet Swans Headlines on 15:20 - Feb 3 with 983 viewsVetchitBack

To be fair it hasn't been just been Phil or Darran or any singular poster but there was a general culture on here earlier in the season to attack anyone expressing doubts about our form.

They'd point to things like the current league position, our Capital One Cup victory and some of the more childish posters would bring up THAT Hull game, the fact that we're little ole Swansea and then call you a **** for daring to have a different opinion to their own.

These things are all to varying degrees irrelevant.

Interesting that many of these have stopped doing this as more can see what a few could earlier on. In some cases those described above have even expressed the same sorts of opinions they criticised as negative and clichéd not two months ago!
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 15:21]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:26 - Feb 3 with 962 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:20 - Feb 3 by VetchitBack

To be fair it hasn't been just been Phil or Darran or any singular poster but there was a general culture on here earlier in the season to attack anyone expressing doubts about our form.

They'd point to things like the current league position, our Capital One Cup victory and some of the more childish posters would bring up THAT Hull game, the fact that we're little ole Swansea and then call you a **** for daring to have a different opinion to their own.

Interesting that many of these have stopped doing this as more can see what a few could earlier on. In some cases those described above have even expressed the same sorts of opinions they criticised as negative and clichéd not two months ago!

IN fairness there are around 3/4 posters on here who are hysterical at best and incomprehensible most of the time with their views because they cannot articulate it or indeed come back with any logical debate when they are questioned on it

FOr people reading this weekend there were some good debates going on with some good posters who can accept that their view is just that and it may not be right or wrong but there are without a doubt some people that revel in us playing badly as they say nothing when we play well or indeed win. Interestingly this is not unique to football but almost a culture that we develop in the UK - you receive good customer service you say nothing, but they f**k one thing up and we are complaining and shouting like there is no tomorrow.

Our league position though is relevant at any point of the season (more so now then it was back in August) but the Hull game (or indeed the new one that established itself over the weekend your length of support) has no relevance

I will not waiver at this moment in time from my belief that we will stay up but for some reason the hysterical posters take that to mean that clearly I am saying everything is rosy (or happy clappy by all accounts)

I have no issue with people believing a different opinion and never will do when they can actually point to logic as to why they think that rather than just stating we are doomed.
Planet Swans Headlines on 15:34 - Feb 3 with 944 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:20 - Feb 3 by VetchitBack

When did I do that then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024