Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Planet Swans Headlines 08:34 - Feb 3 with 6152 viewsPrivate_Partz

Many, including me, criticise the press for reporting unfounded rumours without any direct quotes or named sources. Why therefore is Planet Swans now doing the same with headlines quoting the Daily Mail and Twitter?
All rumours can have a damaging effect on the club and the press just feed further upon this. I don't feel this helping the team and the battle we have to pull away from the drop zone.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:42 - Feb 3 with 1358 viewsVetchitBack

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:26 - Feb 3 by Phil_S

IN fairness there are around 3/4 posters on here who are hysterical at best and incomprehensible most of the time with their views because they cannot articulate it or indeed come back with any logical debate when they are questioned on it

FOr people reading this weekend there were some good debates going on with some good posters who can accept that their view is just that and it may not be right or wrong but there are without a doubt some people that revel in us playing badly as they say nothing when we play well or indeed win. Interestingly this is not unique to football but almost a culture that we develop in the UK - you receive good customer service you say nothing, but they f**k one thing up and we are complaining and shouting like there is no tomorrow.

Our league position though is relevant at any point of the season (more so now then it was back in August) but the Hull game (or indeed the new one that established itself over the weekend your length of support) has no relevance

I will not waiver at this moment in time from my belief that we will stay up but for some reason the hysterical posters take that to mean that clearly I am saying everything is rosy (or happy clappy by all accounts)

I have no issue with people believing a different opinion and never will do when they can actually point to logic as to why they think that rather than just stating we are doomed.

Agree with that except I don't feel the current league position is relevant when discussing recent form for example where most of the points were gained before the described slump. It's necessarily relevant as an overall marker of course.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:46 - Feb 3 with 1348 viewsVetchitBack

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:34 - Feb 3 by Darran

When did I do that then?

I think I only mentioned you to say that singling you or anyone else out was unwise? Or as Mod are you taking personal responsibility for the "general culture" bit?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:07 - Feb 3 with 1322 viewsDarran

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:46 - Feb 3 by VetchitBack

I think I only mentioned you to say that singling you or anyone else out was unwise? Or as Mod are you taking personal responsibility for the "general culture" bit?

ah right I see thank you.
Just for the record the only thing I've ever said is some peoples expectations are far too high,someone on here yesterday reckoned he'd put a bet on in the summer for us to finish in the top six,I'm still finding it hard to believe it's true but if it is I rest my case.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:17 - Feb 3 with 1303 viewsShaky

Planet Swans Headlines on 14:46 - Feb 3 by Phil_S

To the first point I can't remember whether it was Saturday evening or Sunday morning when I was told that piece of information - I'd stake money on the former but it could easily have been the latter

In terms of whether it was me making an enquiry or the person volunteering the information not that I see it matters either way but it was nearer the former than the latter in so much as I did not go out of my way to ask 'Did Laudrup know about Emnes' merely it was the evolution of a conversation

I hope that helps your very odd line of questioning

Thanks Phil.

I was merely attempting to understand the probability of whether you had been subject to what is known in PR circles as a briefing.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:26 - Feb 3 with 1290 viewsBaker

Planet Swans Headlines on 15:09 - Feb 3 by Darran

It's got have a Scouce connection mun.

I will always see him in my mind like that now you bad, bad bastard!

Made my day this has!

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:28 - Feb 3 with 1284 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:17 - Feb 3 by Shaky

Thanks Phil.

I was merely attempting to understand the probability of whether you had been subject to what is known in PR circles as a briefing.

Ah right because of course I wouldn't have realised that had I been?

No I was having a conversation and nothing more if I went off and asked questions for every rumour or bit of supposition on here I would never get anything else done!!
Planet Swans Headlines on 16:35 - Feb 3 with 1270 viewsShaky

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:28 - Feb 3 by Phil_S

Ah right because of course I wouldn't have realised that had I been?

No I was having a conversation and nothing more if I went off and asked questions for every rumour or bit of supposition on here I would never get anything else done!!

I am not going to comment on your situation further, but I will say this; I have been involved in a couple of hostile acquisitions in the past involving PR campaigns, and know some of the practitioners of the black arts like my old mate Brian Basham.

As a poster I consider Private Partz is one of the best ones around. He sees a flurry of articles constituting a press campaign, whereas I see possible signs of a helping hand.

Nuff said.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 16:36]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:39 - Feb 3 with 1253 viewsRancid

It's there for all to see and has been for a while now.I TRUST Phil though and if he thinks it's time for him to go then that's fine with me.It ain't like we're all that naive and think that everything is hunky dory down there.
Login to get fewer ads

Planet Swans Headlines on 19:45 - Feb 3 with 1189 viewsShaky

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:39 - Feb 3 by Rancid

It's there for all to see and has been for a while now.I TRUST Phil though and if he thinks it's time for him to go then that's fine with me.It ain't like we're all that naive and think that everything is hunky dory down there.

Well that's certainly one perspective; Phil is closest to the management and has the best information, and is therefore best placed to take informed decisions.

However, I would have thought the whole bloody point of having a supporters organisation involed was to reflect their views in the decision making process.

And that according to a recent poll is to support the manger.

What's your view on that Phil?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Planet Swans Headlines on 21:07 - Feb 3 with 1141 viewsPrivate_Partz

Sorry to get back on my hobby horse, but would it not be a good idea to replace the current PS headline as Huw's recent quote to SSN has shown this to be incorrect?

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Planet Swans Headlines on 21:17 - Feb 3 with 1133 viewsexiledclaseboy

I rarely look at anything on this site other than the forum but I just had a look at the home page to see what the fuss was all about.

"Laudrup future under doubt?"

Notwithstanding the veracity or otherwise of the question being asked in the headline, it actually makes no sense anyway. Under doubt? What's that all about?

Poll: Tory leader

Planet Swans Headlines on 21:25 - Feb 3 with 1119 viewsPrivate_Partz

I head for the forum as well Exiled. Planet Swans however is considered the biggest and best Swans forum. Visitors (such as press and others with an agenda) who come on here will pick up on it.

Planet Swans Headlines on 06:27 - Feb 4 with 1074 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 16:35 - Feb 3 by Shaky

I am not going to comment on your situation further, but I will say this; I have been involved in a couple of hostile acquisitions in the past involving PR campaigns, and know some of the practitioners of the black arts like my old mate Brian Basham.

As a poster I consider Private Partz is one of the best ones around. He sees a flurry of articles constituting a press campaign, whereas I see possible signs of a helping hand.

Nuff said.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 16:36]

Strange conclusions to be drawn if that's the ones you have come to
Planet Swans Headlines on 06:28 - Feb 4 with 1073 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 21:17 - Feb 3 by exiledclaseboy

I rarely look at anything on this site other than the forum but I just had a look at the home page to see what the fuss was all about.

"Laudrup future under doubt?"

Notwithstanding the veracity or otherwise of the question being asked in the headline, it actually makes no sense anyway. Under doubt? What's that all about?

It was supposed to say under discussion which indeed it now does
Planet Swans Headlines on 06:31 - Feb 4 with 1072 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 21:07 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

Sorry to get back on my hobby horse, but would it not be a good idea to replace the current PS headline as Huw's recent quote to SSN has shown this to be incorrect?

Had I been around yesterday afternoon/evening and in a position to write an article then maybe it would have been

However, sitting here all day waiting to write articles is not a luxury I am afforded - the good part is though that you can add articles yourself if you so choose by becoming a blogger which affords you the ability to correct/debate any subject you choose in relation to the Swans/football

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/members/!/blogs/
Planet Swans Headlines on 07:40 - Feb 4 with 1044 viewsjacksinceever

Planet Swans Headlines on 09:00 - Feb 3 by Private_Partz

And I completely disagree Phil. If people want rumours they can go to News Now and see all the unsubstanciated press releases. Only recently we were quoting ML as a appearing to be a 'broken man'.
There are a lot of people out there who would love to see us fail. These are difficult times and unity by all is needed here. PS is not helping the cause.

it's a sad day when discerning football fans cannot read rumours, gossip, innuendo, and subjective views and take them at their value. The only time we should look for anything deeper is when the club releases statements of fact. Planet Swans is just a forum for fans to swap thoughts and ideas and chat about their favourite football team. Nothing more. Anyone who takes it as a fountain of truth of what is actually happening at SCFC is deluded
Planet Swans Headlines on 19:06 - Feb 4 with 1023 viewsPrivate_Partz

I deal in facts Jack and I think Planet Swans should do the same when it creates it's front page headlines. I am all for press freedom and forum freedom. In short' freedom of speech'.
These are difficult times as we are near to the drop zone. The Cardiff based and biased media are just looking to rack up the anti ahead of the Derby. Not just them - there are others. The Mirror and SWEP for example.
My opinion is simple. If you have nothing to back up your opinion then say eff all. This forum is viewed by many more than the the regular posters.

Planet Swans Headlines on 21:33 - Feb 5 with 998 viewsjacksinceever

Planet Swans Headlines on 19:06 - Feb 4 by Private_Partz

I deal in facts Jack and I think Planet Swans should do the same when it creates it's front page headlines. I am all for press freedom and forum freedom. In short' freedom of speech'.
These are difficult times as we are near to the drop zone. The Cardiff based and biased media are just looking to rack up the anti ahead of the Derby. Not just them - there are others. The Mirror and SWEP for example.
My opinion is simple. If you have nothing to back up your opinion then say eff all. This forum is viewed by many more than the the regular posters.

I understand that the underlying tone of what you are saying is that Planet Swans should only use facts in their headlines.
However that would lead one to a very wrong conclusion that they have the inside track to everything that happens at SCFC. I have no doubt that Phil Sumbler is very close to the top guys at Swans, however my guess is he doesn't know everything that is happening down there, and even if he did he is much too discreet to go publicising it on here.
Planet Swans is no different to any form of media and therefore has the freedom to speculate.
If certain readers of their articles haven't the sense to read between the lines and make up their own minds, that is their problem.
Obviously you and I can distinguish between fact & fiction, so it really isn't our problem.
Planet Swans Headlines on 07:00 - Feb 6 with 957 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 19:06 - Feb 4 by Private_Partz

This is pretty irrelevant now but the article you actually referred to did deal in facts - facts in terms of what the papers were saying. Has done it many many times in the 13 years I have run this site in whichever guise it was in.

If you read the article it never said 'the papers are right, we are in deep trouble' it merely stated that the papers were discussing matters.

And interestingly I did that without any inclination at the time that we were about to part company with the manager which of course you can choose to disbelieve if you feel it appropriate
Planet Swans Headlines on 07:59 - Feb 6 with 940 viewsjacksinceever

Planet Swans Headlines on 07:00 - Feb 6 by Phil_S

This is pretty irrelevant now but the article you actually referred to did deal in facts - facts in terms of what the papers were saying. Has done it many many times in the 13 years I have run this site in whichever guise it was in.

If you read the article it never said 'the papers are right, we are in deep trouble' it merely stated that the papers were discussing matters.

And interestingly I did that without any inclination at the time that we were about to part company with the manager which of course you can choose to disbelieve if you feel it appropriate

Your reply on hear pretty much reflects my belief in the way you use and disseminate information on this forum.
Planet Swans is for the most part a fun chat room for like minded people to exchange views.
Anyone who sees it as more than that is awarding it (and by that dictum every other social media, peer to peer website) too much importance.
I never believe everything I read, hear, see, in the media unless it is published as an official statement by SCFC
Planet Swans Headlines on 08:28 - Feb 6 with 926 viewsPrivate_Partz

The article was incorrect at the time. In fact Planet Swans (eventually) ran with Huw 's statement that ML's future was not discussed that weekend. It all went wrong (or right whichever way you look at it) on the Tuesday. We can all speculate. There is sometimes a 50% you could be right regardless. Freedom of the press and the forum is fine. I just feel PS headlines should only deal in facts not speculation. It just happens that this time the speculation proved to ultimately be correct. How often are mailonline or twitter rumours correct?

Planet Swans Headlines on 20:24 - Feb 6 with 894 viewsPhil_S

Planet Swans Headlines on 08:28 - Feb 6 by Private_Partz

The article was incorrect at the time. In fact Planet Swans (eventually) ran with Huw 's statement that ML's future was not discussed that weekend. It all went wrong (or right whichever way you look at it) on the Tuesday. We can all speculate. There is sometimes a 50% you could be right regardless. Freedom of the press and the forum is fine. I just feel PS headlines should only deal in facts not speculation. It just happens that this time the speculation proved to ultimately be correct. How often are mailonline or twitter rumours correct?

Nope the article was correct at the time as it just reported what was said in the press simple as
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024