Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. 21:23 - Feb 4 with 8004 viewsJokeren1943

I have been working a crappy lot these days.

But the news in the last 24-48 hours was that Monk should take a job as assistent coach. Clearly an board/Jenkins idea.

Can Laudrup have told Jenkins/board that he would leave if they did that. - and then Jenkins sacked him.

Or what
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:27 - Feb 4 with 6698 viewsWhiterockin

Why would he have been sacked if he said he was leaving?

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:28 - Feb 4 with 6634 viewsWatchman

The long term objective of SCFC is to be self sufficient! that is not a secret! the only player ML shook hands with on the arrival of players and staff at the start of this season was Gary Monk!
ML has made some monumental mistakes this year. This was the first club that gave him everything he wanted and so his agent could not rescue him via the media. Does ML have the dog in him for a fight when the going gets tough my thoughts are he doesnt

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:35 - Feb 4 with 6460 viewsRobRecordeFan

Translation of Huw quotation in Danish media (so likely going the English-Danish-English roundabout)

"It is a decision we have made reluctantly. But it is made in the best interests of the club and supporters.

I had a meeting with Michael today to make a last attempt at supporting him and find a way to improve the team so we could ensure the results we need in the last 14 Premier League matches.

But after prolonged thought, I felt that it was not likely that we could create a stable environment in the club that would let us return to basics and ensure the stable level which has served Swansea so well the latest years."
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 21:38]
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:37 - Feb 4 with 6393 viewsJokeren1943

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:27 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Why would he have been sacked if he said he was leaving?

I just wonder why, the board wanted Monk to be assistant manager (and keep Laudrup as lead manager) yesterday and then 24 hours later the board sack Laudrup.
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:38 - Feb 4 with 6337 viewsWhiterockin

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:37 - Feb 4 by Jokeren1943

I just wonder why, the board wanted Monk to be assistant manager (and keep Laudrup as lead manager) yesterday and then 24 hours later the board sack Laudrup.

IMO the board pushed him into a corner and he refused to leave. The board then had to sack him and pay any compensation due.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:39 - Feb 4 with 6271 viewsWarwickHunt

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:35 - Feb 4 by RobRecordeFan

Translation of Huw quotation in Danish media (so likely going the English-Danish-English roundabout)

"It is a decision we have made reluctantly. But it is made in the best interests of the club and supporters.

I had a meeting with Michael today to make a last attempt at supporting him and find a way to improve the team so we could ensure the results we need in the last 14 Premier League matches.

But after prolonged thought, I felt that it was not likely that we could create a stable environment in the club that would let us return to basics and ensure the stable level which has served Swansea so well the latest years."
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 21:38]

Allow me, I speak Forked Tongue -

"We tried everything, even signing a donkey and sacking his mates, but he wouldn't f*ck off.
I had a meeting today to try and persuade him to resign but he laughed at me so I had to sack him or I'd look like a c*nt."
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:41 - Feb 4 with 6222 viewsskippyjack

I think he was sacked for..

his backroom staff were f*cking up.
he was playing with the team in training too much (playing the through balls we've been craving.. just a guess)
didn't handle bony well.
making us concede goals.
not motivating his players.
making strange tactical decisions.
and i think his priorities was the cups instead of the league.
playing players who were injured and needed operations.. Michu, Vorm
and injuries were caused because the backroom team were not preparing players.

This is just a guess.. a genuine prediction.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:42 - Feb 4 with 6168 viewsraynor94

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:39 - Feb 4 by WarwickHunt

"We tried everything, even signing a donkey and sacking his mates, but he wouldn't f*ck off.
I had a meeting today to try and persuade him to resign but he laughed at me so I had to sack him or I'd look like a c*nt."

Brilliant interpretation

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:43 - Feb 4 with 6141 viewsPozuelosSideys

Lmfao. Post of the day

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:43 - Feb 4 with 6134 viewsborinifanclub

spot on Warwick!

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:52 - Feb 4 with 5924 viewsHugeEnkins

Superb. Get your CV in mate.
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:57 - Feb 4 with 5794 viewsRobRecordeFan

Original seems to be here: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26042067

Or better yet http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/ml-leaves-1340293.aspx :D

"It is a decision we have taken reluctantly," Jenkins told the club's website.

"But it's a decision made in the best interests of Swansea City football club and our supporters."

"It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael's long-term future with us.
Play media

Laudrup's final interview as Swans boss

"I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games.

"However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.

"Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future."
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 22:01]
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:58 - Feb 4 with 5739 viewsaspas45

Lets be honest results have been piss poor since march 13 nearly a year ago...

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 22:05 - Feb 4 with 5587 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Any chance it went like this

HJ: Look Micky, are you staying here next year or what??

ML: Don't know, not bothered either way. Shall we wait and see?

HJ: ok but for us, we dont want to be fecked so if you're thinking about it can we get Monk onto the coaching staff to try to get a bit of continuity should you decide to feck off and leave us

ML: No

HJ: Well does that mean you will commit to staying?

ML: Depends on what turns up

HJ: Right just to safeguard us I'd like to insist that he at least gets onboard with a bit of coaching, you know just to help us out

ML: No, I don't want him

SACKED

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 22:09 - Feb 4 with 5499 viewsSwansNZ

A likely scenario.

Abuse reported - who the f**k reported this post and why?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 22:09]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 03:01 - Feb 5 with 4939 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Seems a bit like the Sousa situation, but they must have decided that we were going down if we waited.

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 05:33 - Feb 5 with 4733 viewsThaiJack

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 22:09 - Feb 4 by SwansNZ

A likely scenario.

Abuse reported - who the f**k reported this post and why?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 22:09]

Your post is an insult to donleys I guess.
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 05:50 - Feb 5 with 4694 viewsThaiJack

We can spin it any way we like. For ML against HJ or opposite - think it is neither way and sometimes in a work relationship you can be in a conflict and both can be right. There is not one way to run a football club there is not one right way to manage a team. Often it is a conflict between short term needs and long term concerns.

I personally feel extreemly sad about what has happened. I admit before this season I hoped that ML would stay for several years. But something happened over the summer sending off Tutumlu was weird - i was so relieved when finally they signed Bony. And maybe at this point both HJ and ML decided that this was the last year anyway. Now results have not been good - but they are not that bad either. Performances have also been good and bad. But the general mood from the club and from the fans have been on a constant downward spiral.

I do not really think this is good for Swansea though or for ML either.
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 06:06 - Feb 5 with 4630 viewsTheFranchise

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 05:50 - Feb 5 by ThaiJack

We can spin it any way we like. For ML against HJ or opposite - think it is neither way and sometimes in a work relationship you can be in a conflict and both can be right. There is not one way to run a football club there is not one right way to manage a team. Often it is a conflict between short term needs and long term concerns.

I personally feel extreemly sad about what has happened. I admit before this season I hoped that ML would stay for several years. But something happened over the summer sending off Tutumlu was weird - i was so relieved when finally they signed Bony. And maybe at this point both HJ and ML decided that this was the last year anyway. Now results have not been good - but they are not that bad either. Performances have also been good and bad. But the general mood from the club and from the fans have been on a constant downward spiral.

I do not really think this is good for Swansea though or for ML either.

He wasn't playing Leon often enough and played Tiendalli over Rangel far too often. Surely that's enough for the sack?

Thanks for the cup win and the great football in the first 6 months of his management, but everything else was a bit crap.
Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 07:30 - Feb 5 with 4412 viewswaynekerr55

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 21:41 - Feb 4 by skippyjack

I think he was sacked for..

his backroom staff were f*cking up.
he was playing with the team in training too much (playing the through balls we've been craving.. just a guess)
didn't handle bony well.
making us concede goals.
not motivating his players.
making strange tactical decisions.
and i think his priorities was the cups instead of the league.
playing players who were injured and needed operations.. Michu, Vorm
and injuries were caused because the backroom team were not preparing players.

This is just a guess.. a genuine prediction.

Who'd have thought after Schecter gate last year that me and you would be singing from the same hymn sheet!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 07:54 - Feb 5 with 4296 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I think since the Tutulumu situation in the summer it's been noticeable that ML has become disconnected with firstly the board and secondly the players. We've heard rumblings of discontent coming from sources around the club but you always hope things aren't as bad as they're being portrayed.

Obviously now they were.

If Michael Laudrup has gone into a strop over Tutumulu's treatment and has effectively gone into a "couldn't care less" mode then he simply HAD to go. The club always comes first and it's obvious that we just couldn't drift headlong I to a relegation battle so the board had very little option. The timing is indeed questionable, given the window shut only days ago but at least the air will clear over the club now he's gone and hopefully we'll see that good dressing room spirit come back .

As for Laudrup, if it's true that his attitude and commitment changed after Tutumulu's banishment then he should take a long hard look at himself. He doesn't come out of this very well and his professionalism and commitment should have matched the very good salary he was picking up. His attitude if true is a massive disrespect to the club and it's supporters .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 07:58 - Feb 5 with 4258 viewspencoedjack

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 08:11 - Feb 5 with 4177 viewsmonmouth

1st class indeed

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 08:38 - Feb 5 with 4035 viewsllangyfelach

Who the f*ck reported Warwicks post? Get a f*cking grip for f*cks sake

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Reason why Laudrup was sacked. on 08:50 - Feb 5 with 3965 viewsheadcleaner

It all smacks of the end of paulo. Players lacking motivation from their manager and not training and then I think Monk was the most vocal and doing extra training on his todd. It's a shame in some ways because under Laudrup we'd never had such a high profile and we won things. but there were always flaws to the man and his myth.

Sure he was a supreme talent as a player but when his country needed him what did he do? he turned his back on them and did what was best for Michael. The same at some of his previous clubs as a player and a manager. There will be many of us who weren't really that shocked when the news broke last night and the possible reason that Van de Vart and co didn't sign last month is the board wouldn't give ML the clubs kitty to splurge on players when they had no faith in his abilities or the fact he was going to be here next season anyway.

Ultimately we must stay up and we will be a cracking proposition for some hungry manager next season. Were not a basket case and we can shove two fingers up to the doubters. people blame HJ but there is a board at the club and I doubt he pulls all the strings all the time. Good on them I say in not pandering to LAudrup and letting him drift on not caring if we stay up or go down.
STID
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024