Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? 15:02 - Feb 9 with 5147 viewsRancid

Judging by the players body language yesterday and Ash running over to Monk it does make you think.No Laudrup hangover from what i saw yesterday.
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:05 - Feb 9 with 3772 viewsDarran

Apparently there was only one player disappointed to see him go.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:06 - Feb 9 with 3765 viewsRancid

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:05 - Feb 9 by Darran

Pablo?
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:08 - Feb 9 with 3741 viewsDr_Winston

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:06 - Feb 9 by Rancid

Pablo?

Vasquez.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:10 - Feb 9 with 3706 viewsLiam12345

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:05 - Feb 9 by Darran

michu

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:11 - Feb 9 with 3686 viewsRancid

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:08 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

Vasquez.

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:11 - Feb 9 with 3677 viewsDarran

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:06 - Feb 9 by Rancid

Pablo?

Yes apparently.

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:15 - Feb 9 with 3625 viewsjacksinceever

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:11 - Feb 9 by Darran

Yes apparently.

Yes, you could tell that by the way he came on and sulked around the pitch. Looked really gutted - not.
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:19 - Feb 9 with 3600 viewsmax936

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:08 - Feb 9 by Dr_Winston

Vasquez.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:42 - Feb 9 with 3388 viewss1ackjack

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:15 - Feb 9 by jacksinceever

Yes, you could tell that by the way he came on and sulked around the pitch. Looked really gutted - not.

Clearly decided to turn on the style so that ML signs him at his next club.
In all seriousness MOM performance from Pablo, good to see him playing the way we all hoped he would. It obviously takes a player like Marvellous Marvin in competition to bring out the best in him.
Keep it up Pablo we need that sort of performance every game.

The real slackjack .... beware of imposters! They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery ......... Enough said!

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 15:45 - Feb 9 with 3352 viewsC_jack

It doesn't matter, it's a fresh start for everyone. Which is why I think Hernandez is really going to start to fulfil his potential

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 16:23 - Feb 9 with 3171 viewsduckling

To early to say really, it wasn't on the given day of the sack nor the moment the palyers were informed.

What the team need is confidence, 1 victory helps, yet more is needed. A change in staff being for the better time will tell.

It should be some are relieved while others are not.(THat's how it usually is anyway)
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 17:10 - Feb 9 with 3022 viewsaspas45

I cant’t see vasquez even making the bench from now until the end of season.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 17:13 - Feb 9 with 3005 viewsGeneration_Terrorist

Hopefully now that Garcia's 'training' and 'fitness' routines are gone, his injuries will lessen and he'll get a more frequent run of games.

"There's no cure for being a c**t."

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 18:21 - Feb 9 with 2772 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I would have thought that all those players that suffered from being totally ignored by their manager.
Passed over for his favourites regardless of how badly those favourites were playing.
Willing players flogged like dead horses regardless of what injuries they were carrying (even serious head ones).
Players continuously played out of position and finally those so pissed off they went and played for someone else were all quite happy to see him go.
I would also think that they would embrace a new Coach/manager (GM) who cared about them and the club and not just about personal glory winning cup matches and getting in to the European Competitions.
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 18:28 - Feb 9 with 2725 viewsicecoldjack

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 17:13 - Feb 9 by Generation_Terrorist

Hopefully now that Garcia's 'training' and 'fitness' routines are gone, his injuries will lessen and he'll get a more frequent run of games.

Is it a fact that his methods were extremely poor then ? i seem to remember nobody moaning about him when we lifted the cup and finished 9th .

Mybe he has also struggled to balance Euro league fixtures and fitness training, just a thought ?

Im honestly genuinely interested in this point ,its starting to become gospel almost like if you say something enough times it becomes true !

Are there any facts to back this u? genuine question .
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 18:30 - Feb 9 with 2711 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 18:21 - Feb 9 by A_Fans_Dad

I would have thought that all those players that suffered from being totally ignored by their manager.
Passed over for his favourites regardless of how badly those favourites were playing.
Willing players flogged like dead horses regardless of what injuries they were carrying (even serious head ones).
Players continuously played out of position and finally those so pissed off they went and played for someone else were all quite happy to see him go.
I would also think that they would embrace a new Coach/manager (GM) who cared about them and the club and not just about personal glory winning cup matches and getting in to the European Competitions.

Good post indeed. Michu's career could have been totally ended. We still don't know if he'll be able to get back to 100% fitness. If MM is upset at his sacking he should think long and hard about that.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 18:31 - Feb 9 with 2702 viewsDarran

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 18:28 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

Is it a fact that his methods were extremely poor then ? i seem to remember nobody moaning about him when we lifted the cup and finished 9th .

Mybe he has also struggled to balance Euro league fixtures and fitness training, just a thought ?

Im honestly genuinely interested in this point ,its starting to become gospel almost like if you say something enough times it becomes true !

Are there any facts to back this u? genuine question .

Our main injuries this season f*ck all to do with Garcia and if we hadn't gave been so unlucky with them we'd be further up the table with more points and Laudrup would still be here.

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 19:02 - Feb 9 with 2590 viewsicecoldjack

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 18:31 - Feb 9 by Darran

Our main injuries this season f*ck all to do with Garcia and if we hadn't gave been so unlucky with them we'd be further up the table with more points and Laudrup would still be here.

Well i have to say that people keep mentioning Garcia yet we didn't have a problem with the bloke last year, so im guessing that the stories of poor fitness and wrong training methods are just pure fantasy ??

I would honestly like to hear a genuine reason for Garcia getting stick, it all maybe true for all i know.

Darren i tend to agree with your words on this, we may well have been just a touch unlecky with injuries and nothing else .
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 19:05 - Feb 9 with 2565 viewsBloodyhills

It did look like they enjoyed playing yesterday, something I've not seen for some time.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 19:07 - Feb 9 with 2544 viewsJokeren1943

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 19:02 - Feb 9 by icecoldjack

Well i have to say that people keep mentioning Garcia yet we didn't have a problem with the bloke last year, so im guessing that the stories of poor fitness and wrong training methods are just pure fantasy ??

I would honestly like to hear a genuine reason for Garcia getting stick, it all maybe true for all i know.

Darren i tend to agree with your words on this, we may well have been just a touch unlecky with injuries and nothing else .

Clearly the board needed to justify their actions.

If they (board) were so sure they were morally right, why the need to bitch slap a manager. Lack of class.

Move on.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 19:15]
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 19:18 - Feb 9 with 2469 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 18:31 - Feb 9 by Darran

I agree about the main injuries, although Michu's was aggravated by playing too long with them, but what about all the soft tissue injuries, including the ones picked up during training in the first season?
Usually the main cause of those injuries are wrong or insufficient training and preparation. You have to admit the overall fitness of the players seemed to have dropped off, although you would never had known that yesterday as they played their hearts out for the whole time they were on the field.
Well all except one .
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 19:30 - Feb 9 with 2394 viewsicecoldjack

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 19:18 - Feb 9 by A_Fans_Dad

I agree about the main injuries, although Michu's was aggravated by playing too long with them, but what about all the soft tissue injuries, including the ones picked up during training in the first season?
Usually the main cause of those injuries are wrong or insufficient training and preparation. You have to admit the overall fitness of the players seemed to have dropped off, although you would never had known that yesterday as they played their hearts out for the whole time they were on the field.
Well all except one .

Well it may appear that way but what im getting at were we just unlucky with injuries this season, you could argue many things ,like moving from the glamorgan to our own training facility and the players getting use to a different surface may have had a bearing on soft tissue injury .

Ive heard a few times on PS that people talk about the training methods and what was wrong but is there any logic to back any of it up or is it their personal opinon or just rumour ??

As i said ,nothing was brought up on his first season here so i wonder why all of a sudden Garcia s methods are being held up as terrible.
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 20:01 - Feb 9 with 2268 viewsGiant_Penguins

Dont think that any of the "old" players miss ML. Think part of the problem was that they went down the hierarchy, compared to some of the new players. Especially ash looks like a new man again. Some of the Spanish players who were in the top with ML, might be missing him. (Just a theory)
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 20:04 - Feb 9 with 2246 viewsTokijo

Vasquez.

Is Vasquez still with us?
Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 20:10 - Feb 9 with 1891 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does anyone think the players are glad Laudrup has gone? on 19:07 - Feb 9 by Jokeren1943

Clearly the board needed to justify their actions.

If they (board) were so sure they were morally right, why the need to bitch slap a manager. Lack of class.

Move on.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2014 19:15]

The board have done nothing of the sort. Do you not remember Jenkins's statement in which he called for an end to unsavoury rumours and praised Laudrup's class and dignity?

Fact is that these stories will always appear when a manager leaves. Football fans tend to close ranks behind their club in times of adversity and that's what's happened this week, Stories like this, whether they're true or not (and let's face it, most of them probably aren't) quickly become accepted fact and revisionism is rife, especially on this forum. For me, Laudrup did and excellent job here for most of his tenure and doesn't deserve to be slated or denigrated now that he's gone. What I do know is that our board doesn't sack managers lightly and certainly doesn't spunk away millions of pounds in compensation without thinking that they have a bloody good reason for doing so. In this case they obviously did think there was reason for doing so. And frankly, that's good enough for me.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024