Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Tweets 06:33 - Feb 21 with 14819 viewsPinnerR

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 4h
It's a big few weeks for QPR. Time for Harry and the boys to stand up and be counted. As owners we have done all that was asked.
Tony Tweets on 10:05 - Feb 21 with 2195 viewssimmo

I like this Tweet.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tony Tweets on 10:15 - Feb 21 with 2165 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another ill-advised tweet from Fernandes, I believe.

What benefit has this produced that couldn't have been produced by conversations internally? Rightly or wrongly, this will lead to public speculations of disunity, impatience and division, and it's easy to see why. The first image that crossed my mind is of Pontius Pilate washing his hands, and we all know what happened to Jesus afterwards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tony Tweets on 10:18 - Feb 21 with 2156 viewsQPR442

Tony Tweets on 10:05 - Feb 21 by simmo

I like this Tweet.

So do I because that performance/results against Derby and Reading last week was not acceptable. Harry was too negative at Derby and we let an average team, in Reading, out fight/play us at home.
Tony and the board has supported him with money and tbh he did not get in the right players needed (Striker to help out Austin). He has wasted too much time waiting for 'Bobby' and 'Aj' and neither are up for it or are always injured.
Send out Adel on loan was stupid and shows us that he puts personal feelings ahead of results. Adel was exactly what we needed as bringing in RM proves. The panic buying of the strikers (who I think collectively are not the answer) was a mistake.
No wonder TF would not spend on Rhodes.
Tony Tweets on 10:24 - Feb 21 with 2130 viewsqprdan

I don't think it was well advised as a rule but, in the current situation where he is bombarded with anti Redknapp tweets on a daily basis he has chosen to let the fans know he is aware of the situation.
In the Press conference Redknapp was asked about this and went ultra defensive saying that he has done all he can....we will see how this develops
Tony Tweets on 10:46 - Feb 21 with 2079 views08olesen

Its not tony fault at all. Hughes and Warnock perchased bad players, and Harry has just got too many. Its not his job to run the team, all he can do is what he has done. We should be fully behind him. IMO he sacked the other two at the right times, and anyone who says they didnt want Warnock to go, i ask them to try and go back and read the old post (if possible) and see that 95% of us, thought he was out of his depth. Tony isnt a manager, so cant be blamed for on field issues

Poll: Who will the other play off

Tony Tweets on 10:52 - Feb 21 with 2058 viewsPinnerPaul

Tony Tweets on 10:18 - Feb 21 by QPR442

So do I because that performance/results against Derby and Reading last week was not acceptable. Harry was too negative at Derby and we let an average team, in Reading, out fight/play us at home.
Tony and the board has supported him with money and tbh he did not get in the right players needed (Striker to help out Austin). He has wasted too much time waiting for 'Bobby' and 'Aj' and neither are up for it or are always injured.
Send out Adel on loan was stupid and shows us that he puts personal feelings ahead of results. Adel was exactly what we needed as bringing in RM proves. The panic buying of the strikers (who I think collectively are not the answer) was a mistake.
No wonder TF would not spend on Rhodes.

Adel has become the new Norwich I've decided.

Hardly a thread goes by without someone mentioning Adel.
Tony Tweets on 11:09 - Feb 21 with 2011 viewsQPR442

Hardly a thread goes by without someone mentioning Adel.

What does that tell you?
Tony Tweets on 11:27 - Feb 21 with 1962 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don't have any problem with that tweet. fact is, they DO need to stand up. The board are wasting money on 3 loans every week. They gave him over £10m to spend in the summer. They even allowed him to sign Benayoun who everyone knew would be a waste of time. That's it now. He's got his squad, ok, with unfortunate injuries, but he still has a large squad and has never had to resort to using our own youth players like every other club in the division has to do. So get on and sort it out.
Sometimes the Chairman needs to show some teeth. and yes, publicly, too. He hasn't slagged anyone off. He's just said it's time to take responsibility. If Harry he can't handle that, and I'm sure he can, because he's had much worse, he knows what he can do.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Tweets on 11:34 - Feb 21 with 1940 viewsNeil_SI

Tony Tweets on 10:15 - Feb 21 by BrianMcCarthy

What benefit has this produced that couldn't have been produced by conversations internally? Rightly or wrongly, this will lead to public speculations of disunity, impatience and division, and it's easy to see why. The first image that crossed my mind is of Pontius Pilate washing his hands, and we all know what happened to Jesus afterwards.

I agree with that.

I think this is another PR move — or someone who is back in the same place he's found himself before and not learning from his past mistakes or the lessons he needs to.

Fernandes doesn't know a lot about football, yet he's already onto his third manager in his short reign and most likely will be onto his fourth in the nearish future.

All he has proven to date is that money talks, and that any sign of trouble, he'll panic and press the red button as he did with Neil Warnock, which was premature, and then Mark Hughes, albeit with Hughes he gave him a little more time as he was his man, before eventually conceding.

I've always found him easy to read. The way he openly *thought* about what to do with Warnock on Twitter before getting rid of him was disgusting, but then, after being so active on Twitter after signing Hughes, he then became very silent just prior to Hughes' removal, which was also poor form, albeit better than publicly making comments on the situation.

This time — he's once again tweeting from afar — he's not even referring to QPR as "us', or "ours", etc, like he's done plenty of times in the past... he refers to us simply as "for QPR", and it makes me feel like he's trying to absolve himself of blame.

It's no way to run a football club. The buck stops with him, end of story.
Tony Tweets on 11:44 - Feb 21 with 1911 viewsWeaverQPR

TF far too wishy washy all the time. Says one thing propmtly does another. In the summer states wants young hungry players, yet sanctions umpteen deals for 30+ years old players, wants stability but signs 50 players in 3 years with 3 managers?

Who knows what he is thinking with this tweet, why not keep this stuff in house ffs?

@WeavQPR

Tony Tweets on 11:45 - Feb 21 with 1901 viewsLowerloftLad

Talk about passing the buck oh we went down because we signed all the players you asked for I don't think park boswinga Ferdinand and co where on anyone's list that sounds like the very first tweets of someone who is going to jump ship
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 11:46]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Tony Tweets on 11:46 - Feb 21 with 1897 viewsTHEBUSH

Tony Tweets on 11:34 - Feb 21 by Neil_SI

I agree with that.

I think this is another PR move — or someone who is back in the same place he's found himself before and not learning from his past mistakes or the lessons he needs to.

Fernandes doesn't know a lot about football, yet he's already onto his third manager in his short reign and most likely will be onto his fourth in the nearish future.

All he has proven to date is that money talks, and that any sign of trouble, he'll panic and press the red button as he did with Neil Warnock, which was premature, and then Mark Hughes, albeit with Hughes he gave him a little more time as he was his man, before eventually conceding.

I've always found him easy to read. The way he openly *thought* about what to do with Warnock on Twitter before getting rid of him was disgusting, but then, after being so active on Twitter after signing Hughes, he then became very silent just prior to Hughes' removal, which was also poor form, albeit better than publicly making comments on the situation.

This time — he's once again tweeting from afar — he's not even referring to QPR as "us', or "ours", etc, like he's done plenty of times in the past... he refers to us simply as "for QPR", and it makes me feel like he's trying to absolve himself of blame.

It's no way to run a football club. The buck stops with him, end of story.

So what he's tweeting from afar, that's where he earns his money, what's wrong with that ?

As you say, the buck stops with him, so if he can't do it his way, what way should he do it, your way ?
Tony Tweets on 11:48 - Feb 21 with 1886 viewsNeil_SI

Tony Tweets on 11:44 - Feb 21 by WeaverQPR

TF far too wishy washy all the time. Says one thing propmtly does another. In the summer states wants young hungry players, yet sanctions umpteen deals for 30+ years old players, wants stability but signs 50 players in 3 years with 3 managers?

Who knows what he is thinking with this tweet, why not keep this stuff in house ffs?

Totally.

Robert Green, Richard Dunne, Clint Hill, Andy Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jermaine Jenas, Joey Barton, Aaron Hughes, Karl Henry, Luke Young, Bobby Zamora, Yossi Benayoun, Gary O'Neill, Brian Murphy, Kevin Doyle and Benoit Assou Ekotto (birthday next month) are all 30 or over.

That's sixteen players, which is astonishing, and then you've Niko Krancjar at 29 and 30 in the summer, along with Julio Cesar and Ji-Sung Park who are past 30 too. Eighteen or nineteen players overall, it's unbelievable.

Obviously a large chunk of them are also out of contract in the summer, so expect plenty of changes either way yet again. The risks associated with all of this whatever the division is high.

We badly need somebody on the shop floor running the show, who's around to look after QPR 24/7, day in, day out, and who understands football and most importantly, understands the club, from a boardroom/director level.
Tony Tweets on 11:49 - Feb 21 with 1882 viewsNeil_SI

Tony Tweets on 11:46 - Feb 21 by THEBUSH

So what he's tweeting from afar, that's where he earns his money, what's wrong with that ?

As you say, the buck stops with him, so if he can't do it his way, what way should he do it, your way ?

See my post above, if he can't be around, fine, but he needs someone around to do the football job that's required on a daily basis. A club like QPR needs that kind of tlc, it's sorely lacking.
Tony Tweets on 11:57 - Feb 21 with 1849 viewsWeaverQPR

Tony Tweets on 11:48 - Feb 21 by Neil_SI

Totally.

Robert Green, Richard Dunne, Clint Hill, Andy Johnson, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Jermaine Jenas, Joey Barton, Aaron Hughes, Karl Henry, Luke Young, Bobby Zamora, Yossi Benayoun, Gary O'Neill, Brian Murphy, Kevin Doyle and Benoit Assou Ekotto (birthday next month) are all 30 or over.

That's sixteen players, which is astonishing, and then you've Niko Krancjar at 29 and 30 in the summer, along with Julio Cesar and Ji-Sung Park who are past 30 too. Eighteen or nineteen players overall, it's unbelievable.

Obviously a large chunk of them are also out of contract in the summer, so expect plenty of changes either way yet again. The risks associated with all of this whatever the division is high.

We badly need somebody on the shop floor running the show, who's around to look after QPR 24/7, day in, day out, and who understands football and most importantly, understands the club, from a boardroom/director level.

And that person at the moment is HR! Harry says jump TF says how high!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 11:58]

@WeavQPR

Tony Tweets on 12:00 - Feb 21 with 1641 viewsNeil_SI

Tony Tweets on 11:57 - Feb 21 by WeaverQPR

And that person at the moment is HR! Harry says jump TF says how high!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 11:58]

Yeah, that's been the problem since they walked through the door, they've never had a person like that in place for Warnock, Hughes or Redknapp. They need it, the lack of expertise means the gap is too wide for them to bridge themselves.

Some people may take my comments as negative versus positive, it's not like that, it's just what the situation is. They can turn these things into positives and improve on them, but for whatever reason, perhaps ego related, perhaps they know no better, but they haven't made those kind of moves yet.
Tony Tweets on 12:02 - Feb 21 with 1631 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Neil, you're talking sense as usual. If you were a woman I'd have proposed by now.

Tony Tweets on 12:04 - Feb 21 with 1619 viewsTHEBUSH

Tony Tweets on 11:49 - Feb 21 by Neil_SI

See my post above, if he can't be around, fine, but he needs someone around to do the football job that's required on a daily basis. A club like QPR needs that kind of tlc, it's sorely lacking.

Whether you like Harry Redknapp or not, he's one of the most experienced football people around, if he can't give advice to TF, who can ?

As far as I can see, HR is the football manager of QPR, not only the first team coach !!
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 12:05]
Tony Tweets on 12:08 - Feb 21 with 1595 viewsdanehoop

Brian,

I think you'll find that Neil being male is no longer an impediment for your proposal..

Never knowingly understood

Tony Tweets on 12:08 - Feb 21 with 1591 viewsbaz_qpr

Dont think Warnock was premature, we had lost something like 8 on the bounce, the team were not responding he'd bought absolute shite in the previous window, threw out what got us up in the first place, and we were in the next transfer window.
When Hughes took over in the first game he put out the oldest average age team ever to play in the championship, so nothing has changed from Warnock to Hughes to Redknapp we've shifted some older players and brought in some more, we brought in some younger players they were no successful and shifted on again.

Balance has been wrong for 3-4 years prior to TF and with all three managers.
Tony Tweets on 12:12 - Feb 21 with 1580 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tony Tweets on 12:04 - Feb 21 by THEBUSH

Whether you like Harry Redknapp or not, he's one of the most experienced football people around, if he can't give advice to TF, who can ?

As far as I can see, HR is the football manager of QPR, not only the first team coach !!

I agree with Neil and also think that there should be someone on the Board or representing the Board who understands football and can work for the club's long-term future, matching it against the short-term concerns and wishes of the manager, who is almost certainly required by pressure of fans, media and sometimes by the express terms of his contract to concentrate on instant results for the first team.

Tony Tweets on 12:14 - Feb 21 with 1571 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Tony Tweets on 12:08 - Feb 21 by danehoop

Brian,

I think you'll find that Neil being male is no longer an impediment for your proposal..

True, but my happiness might be compromised. I mean I've seen pictures an' all, and no offence, and each to their own... but....Christ, what have I started....

Tony Tweets on 12:18 - Feb 21 with 1550 viewsWeaverQPR

Tony Tweets on 12:04 - Feb 21 by THEBUSH

But Redknapps got an agenda he is the manager, of course he wants more players bigger budget etc etc. You need someone there to say 'No Harry'.
Theres more to backing a manager then just letting him sign everyman and his dog.
HR done a very good job, January transfer window and last 2 games all look abit messy.

@WeavQPR

Tony Tweets on 12:18 - Feb 21 with 1547 viewsTacticalR

Tony Tweets on 10:15 - Feb 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Didn't he get away with a crucifixion?

Air hostess clique

Tony Tweets on 12:19 - Feb 21 with 1543 viewsHarbour

clearly a communcation problem between TF and HR been goin on for a while the pants down comment etc etc strange timing but who can say their boss has never said pull your finger out no excuses i expect better from you.....shame he said it in public just before a big game....will see what happens on sat
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024