Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Tweets 06:33 - Feb 21 with 14815 viewsPinnerR

Tony Fernandes ‏@tonyfernandes 4h
It's a big few weeks for QPR. Time for Harry and the boys to stand up and be counted. As owners we have done all that was asked.
Tony Tweets on 13:49 - Feb 21 with 1816 views08olesen

I think bringing back Warnock as a mediator between the two is the best plan. He always said he eventually wanted to do that role somewhere, why not now at QPR. I think the next couple of games are crucial, but Harry should be given the whole season to get us up or keep us here. The buck stops with him. This squad has had enough changes this season.

5 step plan

1. Get us up with the squad and manager we have now, easier said than done but we have the players and the manager so no excuses.

2. Hire Malkey and shift off the old planks who are out of contract.

3. Bring in young hungary players like Rhodes Ings and Hughes (very difficult). Wont break the bank and use Remy money.

4. Financially stabalise in prem

5. Allianz Areana tuesday night in 2018

If Carlsburg did football clubs......

Poll: Who will the other play off

Tony Tweets on 13:51 - Feb 21 with 1803 viewsLoft1979

Tony Tweets on 10:05 - Feb 21 by simmo

I like this Tweet.

Well timed
Tony Tweets on 13:52 - Feb 21 with 1800 viewsWeaverQPR

Not sure Warnock would come back and work for TF.

@WeavQPR

Tony Tweets on 14:01 - Feb 21 with 1780 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What's worrying me at the moment is what happens next. I wonder (as Fernandes should have before he tweeted) how Redknapp will feel about this, as that dictates how he will react.

I think he may well feel hurt and betrayed, feeling that his boss has hung him out in public. If he does, then his pride will be injured and he may very well want to hit back. That will invariably be in public.

Redknapp is hardly a private man and fights his battles in the public eye, aided by his friends in the media. I can see how any manager would want to answer a public parry with a public riposte. With Redknapp it's a given.

This could get messy, and Fernandes doesn't have the same amount of media friends as Redknapp does. I wonder how considered that tweet actually was.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Tony Tweets on 14:09 - Feb 21 with 1750 viewsWeaverQPR

Redknapp knows he is under pressure he aint daft. So why does TF need to crank it up a few notches ahead of a crucial game?
Surely you come out and back your man to the hilt in public.

@WeavQPR

Tony Tweets on 14:13 - Feb 21 with 1736 viewshoof_hearted

H looks so bored all the time. Generously I'm saying his knee hurts so things aren't funny for him but he relies on being a chirpy chappie as part of his management style.

I think a younger coach is badly needed. Maybe even shift H upstairs to save face.

Uwe Rosler was my favourite but too late for him. Malkie may be getting sounded out already and word's reached H through his media mates.. There is absolutely something rumbling.
Tony Tweets on 14:17 - Feb 21 with 1724 viewsToast_R

Tony Tweets on 13:52 - Feb 21 by WeaverQPR

Yeah he would.

At the end of the season if TF went to his house in Cornwall and said

"Neil, I f*cked up, you were right, it was a big mistake to let you go and that f*cking arsehole Hughes and his complete scumbag advisor really took me and the Tuneup boys to the cleaners. Here's a signed Charlie Austin shirt for your boy. It's XXL but shouldn't bee too snug. And look, he even trimmed some of his beard growth, it's sellotaped to the label inside.

Now we want...no sorry what I meant was, We need you back. I'll do whatever it takes, whatever you want, clean slate,big budget within the these f*cking FairPlay rules, I'll even sanction Diouffy for you. Come on, whad'ya say? Lets get the old team back together again!"

"Oh here's a ticket to Marakesh, lets bring our boy home"
Tony Tweets on 14:18 - Feb 21 with 1721 viewsWeaverQPR

Gianfranco Zola.
Unemployed - Check
High Profile - Check

@WeavQPR

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Tweets on 14:21 - Feb 21 with 1706 viewsdaveB

Tony Tweets on 13:37 - Feb 21 by WeaverQPR

Who exactly at the club is our Gary Monk/Tim Sherwood?

Steve Gallen is the only one now Bircham has gone but we have people at the club like Hill, Dunne, Barton and O'Neil who could go on to be coaches and have a lot to offer if we invest in them say to them look your main job is performing on a match day but in your spare time if this is something you want to do when you retire we'll help you with it.

In fairness this may already be happening as I know Barton takes training sessions with the kids some nights but it's something I think the club could be doing more with, a small thing but breeds loyalty with the players as they know you give a shit about them as people rather than just commodities.
Tony Tweets on 14:24 - Feb 21 with 1696 viewsdaveB

Tony Tweets on 13:45 - Feb 21 by hoof_hearted

Gerry Francis to over see. He's shown he's not interested in day to day management any more so no threat to the manager but just a good advisor to all parties. Intelligent and knows football from all angles.

End of (for me) but somehow feels unlikely that H would enjoy it!

Francis did this role before and under his watch we spent the budget on the likes of Sammy Koejoe and loan players whilst shutting the academy down, great player and top manager 20 years ago and as a coach with the kids he's a good shout but no thank you to a director of football role
Tony Tweets on 15:49 - Feb 21 with 1574 viewsQPRDave

Tony that tweet really doesn't help
Tony Tweets on 15:57 - Feb 21 with 1560 viewswombat

Tony Tweets on 15:49 - Feb 21 by QPRDave

Tony that tweet really doesn't help

Ive actually no problem atall with the tweet , first time tonys actually put any pressure on anyone whos been in charge since the new board came in

its a results game we aren't getting that many good results so why not tell harry to pull finger out , if harry walks

malkay Is aval
Warnock is aval
both would get us over the line

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Tony Tweets on 16:12 - Feb 21 with 1527 viewsQPR1882

Tony Tweets on 15:57 - Feb 21 by wombat

Ive actually no problem atall with the tweet , first time tonys actually put any pressure on anyone whos been in charge since the new board came in

its a results game we aren't getting that many good results so why not tell harry to pull finger out , if harry walks

malkay Is aval
Warnock is aval

Michael Laudrup would gets us there as well
Tony Tweets on 16:13 - Feb 21 with 1521 viewsQPRDave

Tony Tweets on 15:57 - Feb 21 by wombat

malkay Is aval
Warnock is aval

Fair points wombat. Yeah i think you're right it is the 1st time Tony has demanded
more from any manager or team since he took over.
The most important thing in all this is QPR and getting results i do agree
Tony Tweets on 16:20 - Feb 21 with 1508 viewsstansleftfoot

Clint Hill, Richard Dunne, Gary O'Neil are the Harry Redknapps of the next generation. I don't agree with Neil, Football is all about opinion, some peoples opinion carry, in spite, of never getting results, Harry Redknapp runs the football club, not TF/PB/AB, our performances are down to Harry and the Players, TF pays the bills. There are very few real professionals in Football, they are limited to doctors, physio's, lawyers, most others are licensed by trade organisations, ref's, coaches. Their technical skills are limited and are based on theory, or opinion. Most of these pro's are unsuccessful in their chosen jobs, some win competitions, most never do. Good opinions win matches.
Tony Fernandes told us he would communicate by Tweet, and he's doing that. If it acts as a reminder to Harry Redknapp to step up, all well and good. It is PR! Talking to the Public!
If hidden somewhere in the tweet is a verbal warning of the sack, that's for Harry Redknapp to recognise and deal with.
Harry Redknapp is at the tiller here, why should anybody else be taking the blame, he bought Phillips and Austin, he failed with Hooper, he stated he wanted premiership experience to push for safety or promotion. Results have gone his way from Sheffield Wednesday onwards until he's come across better prepared, fitter, younger, more commited sides, 1.2 Points per game against the top 11, 2.53 ppg against the bottom 12.
Tony tweets are a good thing, there is no hidden agenda, Harry Redknapp and his hand picked squad's season will be measured against the next 16 games!
The idiom in use here is simple, it declares that time is running out, Harry and the players have had support from the businessmen behind the Club and they now have an opportunity to have their performance measured. I know that's my opinion, it's Kranjcar's and many other's, I would hope it's most supporters otherwise they have completely missed something.
Some might dislike the way it's delivered but it's now a fact that's totally correct.
Harry should be good enough, the fixture list gives QPR a slight advantage, we play two of our nearest competitors, the board have given Harry Redknapp (on his request) one of Englands great young talents until the season ends. Opinion is one thing, Results over the length of the season are true measure of Football, it won't be long now!
Tony Fernandes is showing that he recognises that he shares exactly the same opinion that I do! CoyRrrrrs!
Tony Tweets on 16:22 - Feb 21 with 1498 viewsBklynRanger

TF has written that before. Last season if I remember correctly, and we couldn't exactly say it helped then.

I don't know what the reasoning is behind it this time, obviously. Last time it was at a point when we were really in the shit but had maybe a slight chance of survival.

This time we're at the other end of a different table, but I still don't exactly see the point. Other than it being some kind of hierarchical PR type comment along the lines of "we've given him the tools to do the job" etc etc.

It's probably only going to wind HR up and not do a lot of good.
Tony Tweets on 16:24 - Feb 21 with 1487 viewswombat

Tony Tweets on 16:13 - Feb 21 by QPRDave

Fair points wombat. Yeah i think you're right it is the 1st time Tony has demanded
more from any manager or team since he took over.
The most important thing in all this is QPR and getting results i do agree

the boards put here money where there mouths are from day one
why shouldn't they ramp the pressure on esp with us being in a pretty false postion all season so far . and now starting to fall away a bit I the last few matches.

Tf wants promotion this seson we have 14 players out of contract come june
stay in the chamopionship harry goes we rebuild hopefully with younger players few old heads and give it a go with the hope some of the championship players are good enough to step up to the prem

go up this seaso 14 players out of contract getid rebuild properly fo the prem with younger better playerswho will be hopefully good enough to keep us there

Tony Tweets on 16:31 - Feb 21 with 1472 viewsPinnerPaul

Tony Tweets on 13:52 - Feb 21 by WeaverQPR

He was invited back to club as a guest recently, so I think he would (Not that he will be asked)
Tony Tweets on 16:47 - Feb 21 with 1433 viewsBklynRanger

I can't even imagine either Warnock or Redknapp tolerating each other's presence in this situation.

I'm not having a go at Wally Downes, because we know fcuk all about what goes on really, but I don't see what contribution he's made to us.

They'd have been better off getting Bardsley in, especially since he was publicly looking to come to us at about that time.
Tony Tweets on 16:54 - Feb 21 with 1419 viewswombat

Tony Tweets on 16:47 - Feb 21 by BklynRanger

I can't even imagine either Warnock or Redknapp tolerating each other's presence in this situation.

I'm not having a go at Wally Downes, because we know fcuk all about what goes on really, but I don't see what contribution he's made to us.

They'd have been better off getting Bardsley in, especially since he was publicly looking to come to us at about that time.

downes is supposed to be a highly respected coach in football , althought think joey was maybe having a dig about his training methods a few months ago or it may have been banter not sure

our overall fitness is awful this season that pretty obvious player fitness is terrible so something isn't quite right behind the scenes

Tony Tweets on 16:57 - Feb 21 with 1416 viewsWeaverQPR

Tony Tweets on 16:20 - Feb 21 by stansleftfoot

Clint Hill, Richard Dunne, Gary O'Neil are the Harry Redknapps of the next generation. I don't agree with Neil, Football is all about opinion, some peoples opinion carry, in spite, of never getting results, Harry Redknapp runs the football club, not TF/PB/AB, our performances are down to Harry and the Players, TF pays the bills. There are very few real professionals in Football, they are limited to doctors, physio's, lawyers, most others are licensed by trade organisations, ref's, coaches. Their technical skills are limited and are based on theory, or opinion. Most of these pro's are unsuccessful in their chosen jobs, some win competitions, most never do. Good opinions win matches.
Tony Fernandes told us he would communicate by Tweet, and he's doing that. If it acts as a reminder to Harry Redknapp to step up, all well and good. It is PR! Talking to the Public!
If hidden somewhere in the tweet is a verbal warning of the sack, that's for Harry Redknapp to recognise and deal with.
Harry Redknapp is at the tiller here, why should anybody else be taking the blame, he bought Phillips and Austin, he failed with Hooper, he stated he wanted premiership experience to push for safety or promotion. Results have gone his way from Sheffield Wednesday onwards until he's come across better prepared, fitter, younger, more commited sides, 1.2 Points per game against the top 11, 2.53 ppg against the bottom 12.
Tony tweets are a good thing, there is no hidden agenda, Harry Redknapp and his hand picked squad's season will be measured against the next 16 games!
The idiom in use here is simple, it declares that time is running out, Harry and the players have had support from the businessmen behind the Club and they now have an opportunity to have their performance measured. I know that's my opinion, it's Kranjcar's and many other's, I would hope it's most supporters otherwise they have completely missed something.
Some might dislike the way it's delivered but it's now a fact that's totally correct.
Harry should be good enough, the fixture list gives QPR a slight advantage, we play two of our nearest competitors, the board have given Harry Redknapp (on his request) one of Englands great young talents until the season ends. Opinion is one thing, Results over the length of the season are true measure of Football, it won't be long now!
Tony Fernandes is showing that he recognises that he shares exactly the same opinion that I do! CoyRrrrrs!

Nothing wrong with a kick up the R's but why so public? A taste of HR own medicine?

@WeavQPR

Tony Tweets on 16:58 - Feb 21 with 1409 viewsTheBlob

Tony Tweets on 16:12 - Feb 21 by QPR1882

Michael Laudrup would gets us there as well

Good shout.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tony Tweets on 17:03 - Feb 21 with 1396 viewsWeaverQPR

Di Matteo if you can see past the fact he won Chelsea the biggest trophy in club football, although i suspect he may have his sights higher.

Freedman done a decent job at CP before bailing out, not really worked at BW but a good young manager who will come again.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 17:04]

@WeavQPR

Tony Tweets on 19:34 - Feb 21 with 1285 viewsbarbicanranger

Tony Tweets on 12:28 - Feb 21 by Antti_Heinola

no, we should have stuck with warnock and taken relegation, if it came, and rebuilt more sensibly with a new manager in the summer. IMO.

this is where it all went wrong. should have taken our medicine gone down. come back stronger following season with warnock and tony still sat with his powder dry.
Tony Tweets on 19:36 - Feb 21 with 1280 viewsYorkRanger

Tony Tweets on 11:34 - Feb 21 by Neil_SI

I agree with that.

I think this is another PR move — or someone who is back in the same place he's found himself before and not learning from his past mistakes or the lessons he needs to.

Fernandes doesn't know a lot about football, yet he's already onto his third manager in his short reign and most likely will be onto his fourth in the nearish future.

All he has proven to date is that money talks, and that any sign of trouble, he'll panic and press the red button as he did with Neil Warnock, which was premature, and then Mark Hughes, albeit with Hughes he gave him a little more time as he was his man, before eventually conceding.

I've always found him easy to read. The way he openly *thought* about what to do with Warnock on Twitter before getting rid of him was disgusting, but then, after being so active on Twitter after signing Hughes, he then became very silent just prior to Hughes' removal, which was also poor form, albeit better than publicly making comments on the situation.

This time — he's once again tweeting from afar — he's not even referring to QPR as "us', or "ours", etc, like he's done plenty of times in the past... he refers to us simply as "for QPR", and it makes me feel like he's trying to absolve himself of blame.

It's no way to run a football club. The buck stops with him, end of story.

This view is too narrow Neil IMO. I agree the timing of the tweet may be unhelpful but he will be looking on undoubtedly hugely frustrated (like most of us) that the significant investment that has been made is not reaping the rewards it should (see Jeff's excellent post on another thread re the underwhelming football we are experiencing).

The buck may ultimately stop with TF but the responsibility of HR before that point is reached is significant and currently falling well short of where it should
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024