Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
for the older swans fan 13:12 - Mar 7 with 8445 viewsdulaisjack

we have now left the vetch many years ago now and made our home at the liberty, for all you older fans what do you miss the most from the old vetch days.
Will start it off looking at the flood lights at an evening game hearing the north bank singing
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 13:13]
for the older swans fan on 14:38 - Mar 7 with 1844 viewsBaker

for the older swans fan on 14:34 - Mar 7 by Devz00

Standing on the North Bank and being next to the away fans for the first half with the Swans attacking left to right then going down the other end and standing near the East stand/terrance to be at the same end the Swans were attacking in the second half. Haha that is ridiculous when you think about it!

Loved the old club shop too. Popping in to see Myra and her going through a shoe box for your tickets if it was a cup game! Legend.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 14:38]

I used to do that down the lib a couple of years back when we were averaging 13k.

Pesky Prem football!

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

for the older swans fan on 14:39 - Mar 7 with 1839 viewsDevz00

for the older swans fan on 14:38 - Mar 7 by Baker

I used to do that down the lib a couple of years back when we were averaging 13k.

Pesky Prem football!

Selfish fans taking up valuable space. Bastards.

Edit - This is why we MUST expand!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 14:40]

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

for the older swans fan on 14:44 - Mar 7 with 1827 viewsdulaisjack

for the older swans fan on 14:38 - Mar 7 by Baker

Pesky Prem football!

now theres a difference in club shops what a sign of the times, run by myra and co small little room with a few programes and soveniors, they must have been the most respected ladies in swansea no one stepped out of line with these ladies more true swansea legends., we all had respect for them and them respect for everyone in return.
for the older swans fan on 14:47 - Mar 7 with 1820 viewsStarsky

for the older swans fan on 14:23 - Mar 7 by monmouth

The floodlit nights, pipe smoke smell and the sense of wonder of watching heroes like Dai Gwyther and Clive Slattery that only an 11 year old could have really.

Plus of course the mental mad crush of the last games in the promotion season(s) half pissed and all together with everyone on the bank. Score a goal end up 20 feet from starting position. Lost two pairs of specs, both because of Charlo.

We must be the same age.
Carl Slee (twinkle toes) at right back...

It's just the internet, init.

for the older swans fan on 14:48 - Mar 7 with 1819 viewsllangyfelach

for the older swans fan on 13:21 - Mar 7 by Baker

Being able to stand wherever you liked with your mates and The Garibaldi.

That's what I miss most.

This

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

for the older swans fan on 14:49 - Mar 7 with 1813 viewsllangyfelach

for the older swans fan on 14:11 - Mar 7 by swanny

Drinking in the Gari, getting absolutely rat arsed with my brother while my husband was working away, strangers in the ground pointing to where I usually stood when I was lost, walking back home to the Uplands via the Brunswick in some sort of mad/glad shouting crowd with just a sense of belonging, occasionally falling asleep in the bath afterwards. It was a Golden era.
I'm glad to have my husband working from home now - I have to say that in case he's lurking!

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

for the older swans fan on 15:25 - Mar 7 with 1769 viewsDyfnant

Sunny days in front of the Singleton/Gari pre match.
When you get first sight of the pitch when walking up the tunnel/slope under the north bank.
The roar being heard on Walters road when we hit a late goal just as my old mans opens the car door

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

for the older swans fan on 15:28 - Mar 7 with 1762 viewsoldcob

The stamping of feet from the double decker stand when we were attacking. unique noise. It lifted team and spectators alike.
Login to get fewer ads

for the older swans fan on 15:31 - Mar 7 with 1756 viewsCatullus

That's what I miss most.

Ditto, except I'd say the whole of the sandfields and it's pubs.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

for the older swans fan on 16:21 - Mar 7 with 1706 viewsmax936

That's what I miss most.

The Paxton was the place to be Mr Baker, I miss that boozer, the Clarence was another favorite.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

for the older swans fan on 16:23 - Mar 7 with 1705 viewsmax936

for the older swans fan on 13:26 - Mar 7 by builthjack

Macari's or Rossi's eh?

Macari's, not even a contest, then again the old Rossi's was a top chippie.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

for the older swans fan on 16:54 - Mar 7 with 1675 viewsBYMJacks

I miss the closeness to the bus station out of everything from the vetch field.
for the older swans fan on 16:56 - Mar 7 with 1675 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

for the older swans fan on 13:27 - Mar 7 by pencoedjack

The pasties / standing / pub crawl from train station down/ Turn up on day with mates and all be stood together/ Being a shite team/ Smoking in ground/ Loutish behaviour/ Lack of plastics/ Less women kids/ Back to Marthas/Ritzy/No H&S/ Blokes who have a florescent jacket not being do gooders.

Being younger and not suffering from the effects of all above ...

All of the above

& loved the Bovril drink .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

for the older swans fan on 17:05 - Mar 7 with 1664 viewsjackharris

1. Standing on the North bank in the same spot with all my mates altogether.
2. The North bank burgers
3. Drinking the Gari's £1 cans of Carling in the lane at the side soaking up the atmosphere.
4. Having a halftime pint in the bar underneath the North bank and watching the grand national or 1/2 time scores on 14inch box teles.
5. Going f*cking mental when we scored and ending up 20m from where you were standing a few seconds earlier.
6. Paying concession prices until I was about 23.
7. Leaving the pub at 2.59 and being in the ground by 2.59.47
8. Jackforever starting songs off.
9. The initimating atmosphere.
10. Being in the city centre was so much easier.
11. Getting pissed in the Vodka Bar.
12. Being able to swap ends in the North bank at halftime when the crowds were small.
13. Night games were immense when we had over 4,800.
14. Cyril the Swan getting naughty!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 17:06]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

for the older swans fan on 17:15 - Mar 7 with 1650 viewsVetchitBack

for the older swans fan on 14:44 - Mar 7 by dulaisjack

now theres a difference in club shops what a sign of the times, run by myra and co small little room with a few programes and soveniors, they must have been the most respected ladies in swansea no one stepped out of line with these ladies more true swansea legends., we all had respect for them and them respect for everyone in return.

...miss being served your away tickets by the club goalkeeper!

In the North Bank (or many terraces I'd imagine) you felt you were part of the match not just a spectator. I think many home and away players felt the same too!

Against Preston FA Cup the atmosphere was so potent I just knew even after going 1 nil down to a team one or two divisions above us that we'd win. I remember one of their players trying to take a corner in the Northwest corner and slipping out of nervousness. Maybe that shouldn't be celebrated but what a perfect example of a 12th man!

I'm only 27 by the way in regards to the thread title!

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

for the older swans fan on 17:34 - Mar 7 with 1559 viewsJennyLohnrose

for the older swans fan on 17:15 - Mar 7 by VetchitBack

In the North Bank (or many terraces I'd imagine) you felt you were part of the match not just a spectator. I think many home and away players felt the same too!

Against Preston FA Cup the atmosphere was so potent I just knew even after going 1 nil down to a team one or two divisions above us that we'd win. I remember one of their players trying to take a corner in the Northwest corner and slipping out of nervousness. Maybe that shouldn't be celebrated but what a perfect example of a 12th man!

Harry Griffiths bar for me.
for the older swans fan on 19:28 - Mar 7 with 1475 viewsbermudajack

for the older swans fan on 14:34 - Mar 7 by Devz00

Standing on the North Bank and being next to the away fans for the first half with the Swans attacking left to right then going down the other end and standing near the East stand/terrance to be at the same end the Swans were attacking in the second half. Haha that is ridiculous when you think about it!

Loved the old club shop too. Popping in to see Myra and her going through a shoe box for your tickets if it was a cup game! Legend.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 14:38]

I miss that place sooo much...

The Builders, pasties, atmosphere, standing, night matches, unity, spirit, expectations...

For one more South Wales derby under the lights at the Vetch... Oooohhhh yes please...

Poll: Priority for new manager?

for the older swans fan on 19:32 - Mar 7 with 1469 viewsRancid

for the older swans fan on 17:15 - Mar 7 by VetchitBack

I remember the Preston game well cos they had a few cardiff in there with a flag on the fencing.
for the older swans fan on 19:36 - Mar 7 with 1463 viewsGixerJack

for the older swans fan on 19:28 - Mar 7 by bermudajack

I miss that place sooo much...

The Builders, pasties, atmosphere, standing, night matches, unity, spirit, expectations...

For one more South Wales derby under the lights at the Vetch... Oooohhhh yes please...

Not the toilet though
for the older swans fan on 19:40 - Mar 7 with 1452 viewswaynekerr55

for the older swans fan on 17:05 - Mar 7 by jackharris

1. Standing on the North bank in the same spot with all my mates altogether.
2. The North bank burgers
3. Drinking the Gari's £1 cans of Carling in the lane at the side soaking up the atmosphere.
4. Having a halftime pint in the bar underneath the North bank and watching the grand national or 1/2 time scores on 14inch box teles.
5. Going f*cking mental when we scored and ending up 20m from where you were standing a few seconds earlier.
6. Paying concession prices until I was about 23.
7. Leaving the pub at 2.59 and being in the ground by 2.59.47
8. Jackforever starting songs off.
9. The initimating atmosphere.
10. Being in the city centre was so much easier.
11. Getting pissed in the Vodka Bar.
12. Being able to swap ends in the North bank at halftime when the crowds were small.
13. Night games were immense when we had over 4,800.
14. Cyril the Swan getting naughty!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 17:06]

14. "Cyril...DO A BECKHAM"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

for the older swans fan on 19:41 - Mar 7 with 1450 viewsairedale

for the older swans fan on 15:25 - Mar 7 by Dyfnant

When you get first sight of the pitch when walking up the tunnel/slope under the north bank.
The roar being heard on Walters road when we hit a late goal just as my old mans opens the car door

Someone will be along in a minute to talk to you about leaving early...........
for the older swans fan on 19:59 - Mar 7 with 1429 viewsDevz00

for the older swans fan on 15:25 - Mar 7 by Dyfnant

"When you get first sight of the pitch when walking up the tunnel/slope under the north bank."

Yes! Amazing.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

for the older swans fan on 20:02 - Mar 7 with 1422 viewsRancid

I used to love a full away end back in those days too.It always brought the best out in the NB.
for the older swans fan on 20:11 - Mar 7 with 1406 viewsgorseinonjack78

Westham in the cup was absolutely mental when psycho scored I must have shifted half way across the bank unable to catch my breath. Also laying down in the Exeter game on rugby international day Mark clode scored an absolute wonder goal I think there was about 2 thousand there . Happy days
for the older swans fan on 23:04 - Mar 7 with 1318 viewsbuilthjack

My first game, Hartlepool at home late 60s, aged 6. In the old wooden stand, everyone stamping their feet, he'll of a noise. North bank in full voice. Prisoners watching the game through their prison windows. Those were the days eh.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024