Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat 10:57 - Mar 16 with 10021 viewsswancity

Is laughable.

Suddenly, following the narrowest of defeats, an unlucky one at that, the players are heartless, gutless, clueless, the manager doesn't know what he is doing, the chairman is interfering too much and the tea lady isn't doing her job properly.

We played quite well in the first half yesterday and were undone by two moments of quality from sessegnon and mulumbu was it? It was a game of few chances, may be quite even and certainly neither keeper was involved too often. A draw would have been a fair result but football doesn't work like that. We certainly delivered over 30 crosses into their defensive area and on another day would have been clear by half time.

We will bounce back. The concern of course is that one point from the two home games v palace and Albion has meant that we are in trouble. So are 10 other clubs.

For 11 seasons we have been used to winning and progressing. It's now a case of steadying the ship and steady it we will. It's not a time for hysteria. And neither is it justified.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:13 - Mar 17 with 1133 viewsouttolunch

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:29 - Mar 17 by A_Fans_Dad

I have just watch the Video of that goal a few times and this is what happened.
Michu tried to pass back to Britton, but missed, Ash under pressure from an attacker kicked the ball straight to Mulumbu, Michu was closest to him on his left and was too slow to tackle him, Britton was on his right and slightly in front and went the wrong way and was wrong footed but tried to catch him, JDG was standing still on his left and just jogged alongside him. Rangel was also in front but much nearer the goal and on his left and basically just watched him running in.
Ash who was directly in front of him went to his left tracking the other attacker instead of tackling Mulumbu leaving a massive hole for him to run in to with just Amat left between him and the goal.
So there were 6 players between him and the goal and no tackle or attempted block from anybody.
Perhaps they thought he couldn't score from that distance even though Sessegnon had just done basically the same thing.

Monks fault then it seems !!!! He should have ran on and rugby tackled him as the 6 players around malumbu stood and clapped.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:24 - Mar 17 with 1112 viewsCatullus

JDG jogging alongside players but not putting tackles in has been a regular occurrence for ages. he did improve briefly but he's back to old tricks now.
Our midfield triangle should be any three from Leon, Canas, Shelvey or Hernandez and I think I'd opt for Canas on the bench. Dyer and Routledge out wide, we have little choice but to start Bony.
Michu is obviously some way off being match fit and first choice, even if he does learn to play with Bony. But Hernandez can, and we should persevere with him.
Judging by some of the reactions on here, you'd think we were down already.
I said a long while back we were in a relegation battle and only a few agreed. But we are still in a better position than several other teams.

One more thing, all those who booed the team off should be ashamed of themselves.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:32 - Mar 17 with 1099 viewsmonmouth

I didn't and don't boo, but the combination of that performance, the shock and the disappointment, there's not many crowds, if any, that wouldn't have been roundly derisive. The agitation during the game was more worrying as it communicates itself in a vicious circle between players and crowds.....you can almost smell the fear.

As some have said, I think we may be better playing away for a while with more concentrated and committed supporters than we have at the Liberty.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:57 - Mar 17 with 1078 viewsLord_Bony

I think sometimes.i ve been at some matches at the Liberty and been surrounded by mams and kids with not much singing or shouting going on around me. To start singing by myself in amongst more quiter elements would make me feel a bit daft really.
I m not a ST holder this year so I get to sit wherever the best available at the time. I m sure there's lots of others like this. When fans are amongst other rowdy,singing supporters though it s a different kettle of fish.

This is why it s more enjoyable sometimes to travel with other fans away but at the end of the day I'm there to watch a good game and to give as much support as I can but not to shout sing,scream ball and clap every minute.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 14:09 - Mar 17 with 1050 viewsperchrockjack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 12:24 - Mar 17 by max936

Great post Richie, the holiday has worked wonders, but you can't go around wanting to kill all the England fans
[Post edited 17 Mar 2014 12:37]

Yes Steve but you really shouldn't be singing negro spirituals when you've enslaved half the world. I got cross and my missus gave me a seeing too later.
Kev was class though as was his delightful missus and showed me how to behave in public when things are not going well.
There again Wales were an utter disgrace

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 14:29 - Mar 17 with 1036 viewsmax936

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 14:09 - Mar 17 by perchrockjack

Yes Steve but you really shouldn't be singing negro spirituals when you've enslaved half the world. I got cross and my missus gave me a seeing too later.
Kev was class though as was his delightful missus and showed me how to behave in public when things are not going well.
There again Wales were an utter disgrace

Kev as no option when the boss is around Richie, she'll chop his knacks off otherwise, haha she wants to see him in the Alma scoffing on match days she does, they run out of sausages, chips and crisps on Saturday by fuk he can eat.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2014 14:32]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 15:02 - Mar 17 with 989 viewsperchrockjack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 14:29 - Mar 17 by max936

Kev as no option when the boss is around Richie, she'll chop his knacks off otherwise, haha she wants to see him in the Alma scoffing on match days she does, they run out of sausages, chips and crisps on Saturday by fuk he can eat.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2014 14:32]

He was looking a lot better when we saw him and he seems to have put weight back on.
He looked better for it whereas I ,being athletic, still fret over the extra two inches I have gained

on my waist line . Iam now 88 feckn kilos

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 15:26 - Mar 17 with 971 viewsmax936

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 15:02 - Mar 17 by perchrockjack

He was looking a lot better when we saw him and he seems to have put weight back on.
He looked better for it whereas I ,being athletic, still fret over the extra two inches I have gained

on my waist line . Iam now 88 feckn kilos

Thats all the weights ur lifting mun, top guy is Kev though good mate as is Jarv

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 15:29 - Mar 17 with 962 viewsperchrockjack

yeah ,good friends are those whom although you don't see much you always feel comfortable with. Its like slipping in to an old glove

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 17:49 - Mar 17 with 881 viewsOldjack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 11:27 - Mar 16 by icecoldjack

No. we were masters of our own downfall yet again IMO.

Once the second half starts and tactical adjustments are made Monk is fooked,not his fault but thats the way it is.

I try to be balanced about the opposition and of course they deserved the win because they scored more goals but we were also awful and helped them along the way .

Its quite tragic that for some reason we have gone from being a solid team with a few teething problems to being totally toothless and dis interested.

Huw and the board thought they were being clever cnts by doing another martinez type appointment,problem is its the fookin premier league not L1 and all involved in that decision have made themselves look right a- holes in putting Monk in charge while paying £4m to Laudrup for the pleasure of doing it.

Very high levels of muppetry im afraid to say.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2014 11:35]

oi i bet you didn't think that way up until our last two games ,up until our last two games there was a massive improvement in the team under Monks ,what happened last Saturday was a bit of Mike rubbing off onto Monks [fuk knows why],tempo to slow and not a lot of fire down below, and i still can't believe what i witnessed , it's truly baffling

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 18:39 - Mar 17 with 857 viewsJBG

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 15:29 - Mar 17 by perchrockjack

yeah ,good friends are those whom although you don't see much you always feel comfortable with. Its like slipping in to an old glove

Ahh i'm touched

tvvats
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 18:59 - Mar 17 with 832 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 13:13 - Mar 17 by outtolunch

Monks fault then it seems !!!! He should have ran on and rugby tackled him as the 6 players around malumbu stood and clapped.

Spot on.
Is it allowed, or would he have got a Red Card?
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 19:33 - Mar 17 with 806 viewslibertine

the point is we've got some brilliant players and hopefully michu will be back to his old self soon,

but as far as ML is concerned we knew we were in for a tough time Alan head butt had been banging on about the unfairness of the europa league and its pressure upon the players i'm not talking about the extra game time but the travel hassle sitting in airports squashing onto planes waiting for the baggage, time differences etc etc how does it make anyone feel normally the first day of a holiday you feel knackered.

So what effect is it going to have on a really small squad like ours, at the start of the season we knew it was going to get sticky, so why not spend money then???

Then when January comes around and things have gone sticky, why not spend money then????

We've blamed a brilliant manager for the situation which was not of his making the only thing he did wrong was take us to Wembley and hand over the league cup.

I hope these undying optimistic s are not going to be saying in a few weeks we got in the premier league once we can do it again.

Garry needs tactical help right now!! I don't know how this can be achieved, but there must be a way

As i've blabbed several times john hartson said if you want to beat swansea press them high up the field.

Surely its not as simple as that. long balls in and we're in panic mode

Looking back at goals on sunday highlights we had so many opportunities but failed to finish we should have been 4 up at half time. but once again failed to.
The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 20:17 - Mar 17 with 770 viewsOldjack

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 19:33 - Mar 17 by libertine

the point is we've got some brilliant players and hopefully michu will be back to his old self soon,

but as far as ML is concerned we knew we were in for a tough time Alan head butt had been banging on about the unfairness of the europa league and its pressure upon the players i'm not talking about the extra game time but the travel hassle sitting in airports squashing onto planes waiting for the baggage, time differences etc etc how does it make anyone feel normally the first day of a holiday you feel knackered.

So what effect is it going to have on a really small squad like ours, at the start of the season we knew it was going to get sticky, so why not spend money then???

Then when January comes around and things have gone sticky, why not spend money then????

We've blamed a brilliant manager for the situation which was not of his making the only thing he did wrong was take us to Wembley and hand over the league cup.

I hope these undying optimistic s are not going to be saying in a few weeks we got in the premier league once we can do it again.

Garry needs tactical help right now!! I don't know how this can be achieved, but there must be a way

As i've blabbed several times john hartson said if you want to beat swansea press them high up the field.

Surely its not as simple as that. long balls in and we're in panic mode

Looking back at goals on sunday highlights we had so many opportunities but failed to finish we should have been 4 up at half time. but once again failed to.

if that had been one of the top sides in the league i bet we would have got something out of the game, Monk needs to start using the big stick and no more fannying around with the unfashionable clubs ,if he can't get this over to the players asap we're fuked imo ps did i mention Bony has the first touch of a sledge hammer plus Leon MUST start looking up field

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 20:39 - Mar 17 with 747 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The hysterical over reaction to a defeat on 20:17 - Mar 17 by Oldjack

if that had been one of the top sides in the league i bet we would have got something out of the game, Monk needs to start using the big stick and no more fannying around with the unfashionable clubs ,if he can't get this over to the players asap we're fuked imo ps did i mention Bony has the first touch of a sledge hammer plus Leon MUST start looking up field

Funny when I said that about Bony and the fact he is too slow off the mark for through balls I got slated.
His shots are powerful as are his headers, he is like a rock against defenders when holding up the ball and quite fast once he gets going.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024