Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And The Results Are Now In 04:25 - Mar 17 with 3164 viewsexiled_dictator

And it would appear that 104.6% of Russians living in Crimea have voted to break away and become part of a Greater Union.
None of the native Ukrainians living in Crimea were eligible to vote, as they are seen as just bloody foreigners and trouble-makers.
Tea-break over; back to work, comrade.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

And The Results Are Now In on 04:49 - Mar 17 with 2401 views18StoneOfHoop

Non Russians,eligible but under severe intimidation and chose not to,innit Exiled?

Still that's a very impressive percentage turn out figure. In the December 4th 1938 plebiscite over the future of the Reich Gau Sudetenland,once part of sovereign Czechoslovakia, the NSDAP could only manage a paltry 97.42%
#That'sProgress?

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

And The Results Are Now In on 04:52 - Mar 17 with 2396 viewssmegma

Its like turkeys voting for christmas, yet they have
And The Results Are Now In on 06:23 - Mar 17 with 2368 viewszicoshoops

The Third World is closer than we think.
And The Results Are Now In on 06:25 - Mar 17 with 2366 viewsJAPRANGERS

Crimea is now Russian territory. Obama, Cameron etc will huff and puff but can do nothing about it. They don't want a 3rd world war now do they??
And The Results Are Now In on 08:10 - Mar 17 with 2295 viewsdoogi55

dit like the falklands and gibralter i suppose
And The Results Are Now In on 08:27 - Mar 17 with 2267 viewsexiled_dictator

And The Results Are Now In on 08:10 - Mar 17 by doogi55

dit like the falklands and gibralter i suppose

How very dare you!!

You also forgot Guantanamo Bay, New Mexico, Texas and all the other states that were invaded and stolen from their rightful owners.
But hey, let's not let facts get in the way of our argument eh?

Sorry, forgot about:
American Samoa
Guam
United States Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico
Northern Mariana Islands
Howland, Baker, and Jarvis Islands
Navassa Island
Johnston Island
Midway Atolls
Palmyra Atoll
Wake Islands
Kingman Reef
Republic of the Marshall Islands
Republic of Palau
Federated States of Micronesia

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

And The Results Are Now In on 10:30 - Mar 17 with 2199 viewsSomersetHoops

Obama has made bad choices over Ukrain and been badly advised. Did he really think Russia would accept a pro-western government where they have bases and Russian speaking citizens aligned to their mother country?

Nothing in the Ukrain is legitimate at the moment. The so called Ukrainian government has been put in place unelected after ousting the elected leader after encouragement and support from the west. This gives credence to the vote in Crimea made under severe Russian pressure.

It seems to me the only peaceful solution here is to partition Ukrain into part of Russia with the other part being independent with a properly elected government. If Obama and his advisers had done their homework they would know this would be the most likely outcome of their involvement, but its difficult now to see how they can resolve this without losing face and appearing powerless.

The best solution now would be to negotiate between the Ukrainians, Russia and the EU where the line of partition should be drawn. They should allow assisted re-location to those who need to move to be in the part they want and this should be done on a non-confrontational basis. I expect there will be a lot of talk about sanctions and other actions that Russia will veto where they can and ignore where they can't, so they might as well get on and sort it our in a sensible way.

Each part of the Ukrain will need massive financial support in the short term and I expect Russia will provide it for their part, so America and the EU will need to cough up to match that commitment. However it finishes up, America will be seen to have lost - a result that should have been obvious from the start.

Who's Next?

And The Results Are Now In on 10:43 - Mar 17 with 2180 viewsTHEBUSH

And The Results Are Now In on 06:25 - Mar 17 by JAPRANGERS

Crimea is now Russian territory. Obama, Cameron etc will huff and puff but can do nothing about it. They don't want a 3rd world war now do they??

Nor do I
Login to get fewer ads

And The Results Are Now In on 11:21 - Mar 17 with 2137 viewswillis1980

And The Results Are Now In on 10:30 - Mar 17 by SomersetHoops

Obama has made bad choices over Ukrain and been badly advised. Did he really think Russia would accept a pro-western government where they have bases and Russian speaking citizens aligned to their mother country?

Nothing in the Ukrain is legitimate at the moment. The so called Ukrainian government has been put in place unelected after ousting the elected leader after encouragement and support from the west. This gives credence to the vote in Crimea made under severe Russian pressure.

It seems to me the only peaceful solution here is to partition Ukrain into part of Russia with the other part being independent with a properly elected government. If Obama and his advisers had done their homework they would know this would be the most likely outcome of their involvement, but its difficult now to see how they can resolve this without losing face and appearing powerless.

The best solution now would be to negotiate between the Ukrainians, Russia and the EU where the line of partition should be drawn. They should allow assisted re-location to those who need to move to be in the part they want and this should be done on a non-confrontational basis. I expect there will be a lot of talk about sanctions and other actions that Russia will veto where they can and ignore where they can't, so they might as well get on and sort it our in a sensible way.

Each part of the Ukrain will need massive financial support in the short term and I expect Russia will provide it for their part, so America and the EU will need to cough up to match that commitment. However it finishes up, America will be seen to have lost - a result that should have been obvious from the start.

sounds like what happened with india and pakistan, which didnt turn out all that well
And The Results Are Now In on 13:21 - Mar 17 with 2046 viewsSomersetHoops

And The Results Are Now In on 11:21 - Mar 17 by willis1980

sounds like what happened with india and pakistan, which didnt turn out all that well

It might have been better if Ukrain had been left to sort out its own problems, but before the problems started Russia had increased its presence in Ukrain with some local support. If the division can be done fairly and financial and other support is provided, hopefully this area can settle back down to peaceful co-existence, although historically that doesn't seem to last for long here.

Who's Next?

And The Results Are Now In on 14:42 - Mar 17 with 1965 viewsHayesender

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-26188758

And closer to home

Poll: Shamima Beghum

And The Results Are Now In on 15:03 - Mar 17 with 1927 viewsSpiritofGregory

The Ukraine were too complacent. They should have moved lots of Ukranians to the Crimea. This would have diluted the ethnic Russian majority and removed Russia's influence.

They were also too slow with membership of the EU. Other countries such as Latvia and Estonia didn't hang around.
And The Results Are Now In on 20:09 - Mar 17 with 1839 viewsJuzzie

Exiled..... The native Crimeans were allowed to vote but they chose not to. This was for two reasons;

1. They were never going to out-vote the Russian inhabitants, there's just not enough of them. It would be like uk citizens trying to out-vote the Australians in Australia

2. By abstaining, it was showing it to the world as a protest.
And The Results Are Now In on 20:48 - Mar 17 with 1796 viewskensalriser

Russian population of Crimea is given as 60%, not 90 something.

Surpised at the amount of apologists for Russian military aggression and essentially the annexation of part of a neighbouring country in contravention of a treaty signed that involved Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons in return for the respect of its borders.

Would it be OK if the Poles in Ealing and Banglas in Tower Hamlets decided to hold their own elections to become part of their respctive Motherlands?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

And The Results Are Now In on 21:03 - Mar 17 with 1789 viewsconnell10

who cares, im not losing any sleep over it thats for sure!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

And The Results Are Now In on 21:09 - Mar 17 with 1781 viewsHollowayRanger

And The Results Are Now In on 20:09 - Mar 17 by Juzzie

Exiled..... The native Crimeans were allowed to vote but they chose not to. This was for two reasons;

1. They were never going to out-vote the Russian inhabitants, there's just not enough of them. It would be like uk citizens trying to out-vote the Australians in Australia

2. By abstaining, it was showing it to the world as a protest.

the vote was rigged as well

option 1. join russia

option 2. be closer to russia

some choice

how long before russia takes another bit of the ukraine and then another bit and then....

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

And The Results Are Now In on 22:05 - Mar 17 with 1739 viewsNortholt_Rs

More importantly how do you reckon we'll do tomorrow night at Sheffield Weds?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

And The Results Are Now In on 22:07 - Mar 17 with 1736 viewsAitch

Hmmm, so it's ok for Gibralter, Falklands and NI to remain part of UK. It's ok for Scotland and Venice to have a vote of self determination but not for Crimea?

I'd look to the EU sticking their unelected, expansionist noses into the Ukraine more than Putin. If only Cameron would stand up to the EU that way Putin has we wouldn't be in such a mess.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

And The Results Are Now In on 00:06 - Mar 18 with 1700 viewsJuzzie

And The Results Are Now In on 20:48 - Mar 17 by kensalriser

Russian population of Crimea is given as 60%, not 90 something.

Surpised at the amount of apologists for Russian military aggression and essentially the annexation of part of a neighbouring country in contravention of a treaty signed that involved Ukraine giving up its nuclear weapons in return for the respect of its borders.

Would it be OK if the Poles in Ealing and Banglas in Tower Hamlets decided to hold their own elections to become part of their respctive Motherlands?

I don't recall anything that says percentage of vote is reflective of population. You could have 99% Russians and 1% Ukraine but if no Russians voted at all and just 1 Ukrainian person voted then Ukraine would win by 100%

The polish/bengalese example is completely wrong. A better example would be should the scots be allowed to vote to become independent from the uk ..... Oh, hang on....

As for apologist, no I'm not one. As I said on the Question Time thread, I'm looking at this as objectively as I can. Unlike the spaniards who demand Gibralter is returned to them whilst conviniently forgetting about Cueta.

[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 0:14]
And The Results Are Now In on 00:10 - Mar 18 with 1695 viewsJuzzie

And The Results Are Now In on 21:09 - Mar 17 by HollowayRanger

the vote was rigged as well

option 1. join russia

option 2. be closer to russia

some choice

how long before russia takes another bit of the ukraine and then another bit and then....

Can you prove the vote was rigged or is that said just because you don't happen to agree with it?

Though I do agree about the concerns over Russia taking another bit and another bit and another....
And The Results Are Now In on 00:29 - Mar 18 with 1679 viewsLythamR

And The Results Are Now In on 00:10 - Mar 18 by Juzzie

Can you prove the vote was rigged or is that said just because you don't happen to agree with it?

Though I do agree about the concerns over Russia taking another bit and another bit and another....

It was the russian army that conquered the Crimea from the Turks and it was the russian army that fought to hold onto the crimea when the British and French tried to take it away from them

It is russian by right of conquest in the same way California is part of the USA by right of conquest

I say if Obama wants to show he is on the side of right then he should give California, Arizona Nevada New Mexico and Texas back to the Mexicans first then step up onto the moral high ground

Split ukraine up give the eastern half back to Russia and Give the western Side back to Poland and bingo the western ukranians are slap bang in the EU instantly. Everyone who doesnt want to be on the side they find themselves on get given a period of time to get across to the side they want
And The Results Are Now In on 00:40 - Mar 18 with 1664 viewsHollowayRanger

And The Results Are Now In on 00:10 - Mar 18 by Juzzie

ER ....if you are given two options

1.join russia
2.be closer to russia

what option do you pick if your a ukrain national

ITS like the english army flooding into scotland for the vote and the vote being

1.stay as it is part of uk
2.become closer to uk

putin is just another hitler in the making and if no one has balls to stand up to him now things will only get worse ,BEEN UKRAINE 3 times kiev and odessa twice ,NEVER HAD any TROUBLE THERE and they took great pride in being ukrains not russians

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

And The Results Are Now In on 00:41 - Mar 18 with 1665 viewsJuzzie

Europe and the Worlds borders have benn changing for hundreds/thousands of years. Doesn't make it right but if anyone thinks they will stay as they are for eternity then they'll be disappointed. That's politics.

http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=242c1c4864ab
And The Results Are Now In on 03:48 - Mar 18 with 1625 viewssmegma

Anyone who wants to annexe any part of Ukraine needs their heads tested as its the biggest khazi I've been to in the last 15 years. It was like turning the clocks back to 80s Russia before the Berlin Wall fell.
And The Results Are Now In on 07:24 - Mar 18 with 1594 viewsAlbRanger

And The Results Are Now In on 00:29 - Mar 18 by LythamR

It was the russian army that conquered the Crimea from the Turks and it was the russian army that fought to hold onto the crimea when the British and French tried to take it away from them

It is russian by right of conquest in the same way California is part of the USA by right of conquest

I say if Obama wants to show he is on the side of right then he should give California, Arizona Nevada New Mexico and Texas back to the Mexicans first then step up onto the moral high ground

Split ukraine up give the eastern half back to Russia and Give the western Side back to Poland and bingo the western ukranians are slap bang in the EU instantly. Everyone who doesnt want to be on the side they find themselves on get given a period of time to get across to the side they want

'Runaround....now'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024