Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season 14:49 - Apr 7 with 7127 viewsJokeren1943

The effect of sacking you manager in Premier League this season (so far)

[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 14:51]
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 14:51 - Apr 7 with 4412 viewsItchySphincter

Can you link? Screen shot too small.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 14:53 - Apr 7 with 4403 viewsDarran

The only effect is being in the Prem next season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 14:54 - Apr 7 with 4398 viewsWxmJax

I do like the Cardiff one.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 14:58 - Apr 7 with 4381 viewsJokeren1943

Beside Crystal Palace and Fulham the effect of changing coach have been none existence or negative.
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 15:04 - Apr 7 with 4358 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 14:58 - Apr 7 by Jokeren1943

Beside Crystal Palace and Fulham the effect of changing coach have been none existence or negative.

That table doesn't tell the whole story though. There is no way we would have stayed or bettered our placing of 12th if Laudrup had stayed. We were heading only in one direction and it wasn't up.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 15:46 - Apr 7 with 4279 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 14:53 - Apr 7 by Darran

The only effect is being in the Prem next season.

Talk sense Darran

ML was achieving at 96% of the PL points of last seasons like for like fixtures. Whilst dealing with a 50% higher fixture density and massive key injuries and keeping us in Europe and FA Cup

Garry is achieving at less than 65% even after Norwich win and with a fully fit squad

In the reverse fixtures this year ML also fared marginally better and if you look at a blunt points per game they both have achieved an average of 1 point per game. (Garry having the advantage of a fully fit squad and more time between games).

Neither was going to take this team down and Laudrup was not sacked for results. If he was Garry should be long gone.
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season (n/t) on 15:49 - Apr 7 with 4265 viewsItchySphincter

[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 15:49]

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 15:57 - Apr 7 with 4249 viewsDarran

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 15:46 - Apr 7 by Spratty

Talk sense Darran

ML was achieving at 96% of the PL points of last seasons like for like fixtures. Whilst dealing with a 50% higher fixture density and massive key injuries and keeping us in Europe and FA Cup

Garry is achieving at less than 65% even after Norwich win and with a fully fit squad

In the reverse fixtures this year ML also fared marginally better and if you look at a blunt points per game they both have achieved an average of 1 point per game. (Garry having the advantage of a fully fit squad and more time between games).

Neither was going to take this team down and Laudrup was not sacked for results. If he was Garry should be long gone.

What you mean talk sense as long as we're in this league next season most people couldn't give a f*ck if we're a couple of places below where we were the day Laudrup was sacked.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:01 - Apr 7 with 4240 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 15:04 - Apr 7 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

That table doesn't tell the whole story though. There is no way we would have stayed or bettered our placing of 12th if Laudrup had stayed. We were heading only in one direction and it wasn't up.

See my response to Darran and consider the effect now of a 50% less densely packed fixture list and a fully fit team after he had been struggling with massive key injuries.

Some of our football was still sparkling a lot pragmatic but what do you expect when up to 6 first pick players unavailable (inc. both Bony and Michu during one period).

We can throw in West Ham being the form team of the PL in Feb if you like. What do you expect when your Captain is not leading and according to a number on here they had be planning to get rid of ML for weeks and it was not for results.

I think we would have definitely been heading up points wise with a fully fit team and far less fixtures. I predicted a 10-12 finish and we were quite capable of that. Of course the Board needed to back him not undermine him.
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season (n/t) on 16:04 - Apr 7 with 4231 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season (n/t) on 15:49 - Apr 7 by ItchySphincter

[Post edited 7 Apr 2014 15:49]

Disputing any of the stats IS, or just stalking me again
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:14 - Apr 7 with 4212 viewsItchySphincter

You keep quoting me pal. Suppose I'm giving you all these minus points you're getting too.

As it happens, you just make me laugh.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:36 - Apr 7 with 4164 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:14 - Apr 7 by ItchySphincter

You keep quoting me pal. Suppose I'm giving you all these minus points you're getting too.

As it happens, you just make me laugh.

I was replying to Darran

You seem obsessed with minus points - I find people giving them to me quite amusing

Anyway excellent I make you laugh - it is good therapy
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:39 - Apr 7 with 4152 viewsItchySphincter

Good stuff, at least you're not going to melt down again then. Now let's not ruin another thread with your nonsense.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:46 - Apr 7 with 4135 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:39 - Apr 7 by ItchySphincter

Good stuff, at least you're not going to melt down again then. Now let's not ruin another thread with your nonsense.

You will know when I hit meltdown, I will breach the earth's core. Just cruising on lukewarm at the moment.

What would you like? An everyday post on obsessive parking and female weight lifters who have more testosterone and smaller tits than you. Particularly liked that one very insightful.

Now unless you have something of interest to add
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:53 - Apr 7 with 4113 viewsLeonisGod

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:01 - Apr 7 by Spratty

See my response to Darran and consider the effect now of a 50% less densely packed fixture list and a fully fit team after he had been struggling with massive key injuries.

Some of our football was still sparkling a lot pragmatic but what do you expect when up to 6 first pick players unavailable (inc. both Bony and Michu during one period).

We can throw in West Ham being the form team of the PL in Feb if you like. What do you expect when your Captain is not leading and according to a number on here they had be planning to get rid of ML for weeks and it was not for results.

I think we would have definitely been heading up points wise with a fully fit team and far less fixtures. I predicted a 10-12 finish and we were quite capable of that. Of course the Board needed to back him not undermine him.

Our football had been slowly deteriorating through the season and had descended into some of the worse I had seen for several years down here. Very little was sparkling. Notable exceptions were Valencia away (against 10 men), Newcastle home, Man C home. But in between there was a lot of dross creeping in. We were definitely heading down as a club - certainly in terms of standards, quality, fitness. Something had to be done.
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 17:07 - Apr 7 with 4087 viewsItchySphincter

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:53 - Apr 7 by LeonisGod

Our football had been slowly deteriorating through the season and had descended into some of the worse I had seen for several years down here. Very little was sparkling. Notable exceptions were Valencia away (against 10 men), Newcastle home, Man C home. But in between there was a lot of dross creeping in. We were definitely heading down as a club - certainly in terms of standards, quality, fitness. Something had to be done.

Which is of course, spot on.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 17:08 - Apr 7 with 4085 viewsLeonisGod

Interesting figure in the OP. When you see what happened at Norwich, you can't help to think that they must be mad to replace a proven manager with a rookie when there is so little time left to improve results...
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 17:22 - Apr 7 with 4042 viewssomersetsimon

I read an article a while ago about the new manager effect and how most positive effects are really just regression to the mean. I.e. teams have good runs and bad runs, so if you sack your manager when you are at the bottom of your slump, the odds are that you would have started improving anyway.
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 17:41 - Apr 7 with 4016 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 16:53 - Apr 7 by LeonisGod

I suppose where we differ is the effect of the massive key injuries and the pragmatic nature of some of the performances because of this (I went to most matches). In addition to some of the matches you mention, I particularly remember Man City away - certainly beaten but we played some beautiful fast one touch football. I actually posted that a ManC fan commented at the bottom of the match report that we were the best team that had visited that season and I think something like 93 agreed.

Issues of fitness would need to be objectively assessed but some is down to style. Why was this not sorted out earlier. Why did we even embark on this season at all with Laudrup if relationships were bad. The stats and returning fitness says there is no way we were going down so why not wait to the end of the season save souring a golden period in the clubs history and potential benefits of future relationships - not to mention potential compo and lost compo from ML moving on.

Who was saying our standards were slipping and by what measure. Dyer was playing at his very best just prior to his injury. Bony had become far more mobile and was integrated into the team to great effect. I know GM has a very high opinion of his opinion but is it right for us to allow players to undermine the manager. Like saying Sousa couldn't maintain second halves.

Is it better standards to accuse Angel Rangel of Cowardice on national TV. Does that motivate the players. Was that shameful loss against West Brom after the Cheltenham outing better standards. Or to bring on Lita when Bony could have saved us from dropping our of the FA CuP. Our manager apparently desperately asking the youth's coach advice on subs in full view of national TV. The much worse like for like results, results runs etc.

Of course it is the Boards decision but they should resolve issues in a timely manner and execute their decisions with forethought and professionalism and proper respect for the achievements of the person leaving. To do otherwise smacks of problems and agenda. They should also not be gambling with the future of our PL club at a critical time by bringing in an unqualified and massively inexperienced manager
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 09:03 - Apr 8 with 3845 viewsJackSomething

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 17:41 - Apr 7 by Spratty

I suppose where we differ is the effect of the massive key injuries and the pragmatic nature of some of the performances because of this (I went to most matches). In addition to some of the matches you mention, I particularly remember Man City away - certainly beaten but we played some beautiful fast one touch football. I actually posted that a ManC fan commented at the bottom of the match report that we were the best team that had visited that season and I think something like 93 agreed.

Issues of fitness would need to be objectively assessed but some is down to style. Why was this not sorted out earlier. Why did we even embark on this season at all with Laudrup if relationships were bad. The stats and returning fitness says there is no way we were going down so why not wait to the end of the season save souring a golden period in the clubs history and potential benefits of future relationships - not to mention potential compo and lost compo from ML moving on.

Who was saying our standards were slipping and by what measure. Dyer was playing at his very best just prior to his injury. Bony had become far more mobile and was integrated into the team to great effect. I know GM has a very high opinion of his opinion but is it right for us to allow players to undermine the manager. Like saying Sousa couldn't maintain second halves.

Is it better standards to accuse Angel Rangel of Cowardice on national TV. Does that motivate the players. Was that shameful loss against West Brom after the Cheltenham outing better standards. Or to bring on Lita when Bony could have saved us from dropping our of the FA CuP. Our manager apparently desperately asking the youth's coach advice on subs in full view of national TV. The much worse like for like results, results runs etc.

Of course it is the Boards decision but they should resolve issues in a timely manner and execute their decisions with forethought and professionalism and proper respect for the achievements of the person leaving. To do otherwise smacks of problems and agenda. They should also not be gambling with the future of our PL club at a critical time by bringing in an unqualified and massively inexperienced manager

In summation: They shouldn't have sacked the man I love.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 09:44 - Apr 8 with 3799 viewsjacksinceever

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 17:08 - Apr 7 by LeonisGod

Interesting figure in the OP. When you see what happened at Norwich, you can't help to think that they must be mad to replace a proven manager with a rookie when there is so little time left to improve results...

I think Norwich have the feeling they will gain the same results between now and the end of the season with or without Houghton in charge. Possibly they are hoping to scrape a couple more points, whilst relying on the three teams below them to do very little.
If so it's dangerous and could see them relegated in place of Fulham
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 09:54 - Apr 8 with 3789 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 09:44 - Apr 8 by jacksinceever

I think Norwich have the feeling they will gain the same results between now and the end of the season with or without Houghton in charge. Possibly they are hoping to scrape a couple more points, whilst relying on the three teams below them to do very little.
If so it's dangerous and could see them relegated in place of Fulham

It could very well do so.

Norwich desperately need a result at Fulham or they really are in a bad way. It's very hard to make a case for them getting anything at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or at home to Liverpool.

The only one they might have a chance in is Arsenal at home on the last day. IF Arsenal don't have anything to play for and they're in the cup final that could suit Norwich. Arsenal are a flaky team at the best of times.

Having said all that - remember Wigan two years ago? Won 7 of their last 9 including wins over Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle to save what looked like an impossible situation.

The roller coaster has a few laps to go yet.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 09:59 - Apr 8 with 3782 viewsperchrockjack

Did the Great Dane have a gay following

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:46 - Apr 8 with 3745 viewsSpratty

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 09:59 - Apr 8 by perchrockjack

Schmeichel?
The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 10:51 - Apr 8 with 3736 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The effect og sacking you manager in Premier League this season on 09:59 - Apr 8 by perchrockjack

Scooby Doo?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024