Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Footballers and commuting 22:56 - Apr 9 with 3497 viewsStudiousDale

I recently read a BBC story with Gary Dicker discussing Crawley's poor form. I clicked a relevant link to the one about Dicker when he signed for Crawley, and in it said

"It's a great move for me personally because my family are down here and it has been hard commuting," he said."

and then goes on to say

"Dicker, who is based in Steyning, says footballing reasons were among his decision to join the club."

Surely he wasn't commuting the 4.5 hours each way from Steyning to Dale each day, any idea what was going on? I'm guessing he went back on rest days or something to see his family. Anyone who travels long journeys regularly will know how tired they can be, seems strange in this modern age of sport science a player would be allowed to travel that far regularly.

Do we have any current players who commute far?
Footballers and commuting on 23:15 - Apr 9 with 3451 viewsTVOS1907

I read an interview with him after he joined Crawley which implied he was based in the North-West for most of his time with Dale, although his family were still down south, meaning he had to fit in visits to see them whenever training/match commitments allowed.

EDIT: Here it is: http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/dicker-s-delight-south/story-20518752-detail/story.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2014 23:21]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Footballers and commuting on 12:58 - Apr 10 with 3095 views1907

Letting Dicker go in January paved the way for Allen to have a real run in the team
Footballers and commuting on 14:01 - Apr 10 with 3026 viewszxcvbnm

Stanton used to commute from Scunthorpe. Kennedy commutes from Middlesbrough?

Poll: Best loanee keeper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024