Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunday papers this morning... 11:08 - May 25 with 7978 viewsDrewster

They really hate us don't they?
How dare QPR win that game when derby were so much better and their players so much younger.
The journos and every other team are just going to be waiting for us to struggle next season and the minute we do they'll be straight at us.
Get over it, we did a smash and grab.
Sunday papers this morning... on 14:47 - May 25 with 1886 viewsSydneyRs

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:10 - May 25 by Discodroid

up until the point where oniel took one for the team, and reduced us to ten men, i thought it was even..derby seem to forget the really good chance that austin had, and imo, should have put away.

green was called upon to make some good saves after this , but none which i wouldnt expect a good solid competent keeper to make.

if you read the papers listen to the bbc this morning he was the the love child of gorgon banks and lev yashin!!!!.

a lot was made of us being a dads army and derby being the nearest thing to the dutch team of 1974.

bollocks to that!

isnt world class defending part of the game , just as much as will hughes harkonnen hairstyle??. btw what a moany in your face ref bastard he was.

in the sun yesterday , in the betting section...i quote "hoops have obsecenely paid players allover the pitch, and to miss out on auto promotion was shamefull..so dont cry too many tears for them".

the bloke who writes the article looks like one of those turds baking on the pavement , in the hot 1976 sunshine that some toddler has stuck 'funny feet' ice cream lolly sticks in for eyes and a mouth.
[Post edited 25 May 2014 12:14]

The papers hate us, but they will all be on the dole soon.

Even game until the red, scrappy and few chances for either team. Then we parked the bus. Derby could not come up with anything and you could see the belief drain from their players and fans. With about 5 mins to go they all looked terrified when you would think with the prospect of extra time to wear us down they should have been confident. I just felt we need one chance near the end........

As for the goal, Austin's chance that he missed was fairly similar. Zamora's composure to stick it away the way he did was utter class. What a bloody finish.
Sunday papers this morning... on 14:49 - May 25 with 1883 viewsN12Hoop

Any team who plays with 10 men for half hour and wins deserves it in my view. For all their possession they werent exactly laying siege. Ultimately we had 2 of the best chances: Austin's and Bobby's. The Italian's won this way for years. It may not be pretty, but it got me a win at Wembley and that will stay with me forever.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Sunday papers this morning... on 15:12 - May 25 with 1853 viewsTGRRRSSS

If you substitute Derby for Italy in a few weeks time. QPR for England.
and Zamora and Hoilett for Sterling and Rooney, O'Neill for say... Lampard
With Italy doing the same to England as Derby apparently did to us you'll get.
10 Brave Lions, backs to the wall, Churchillian etc etc etc.
They'll even suggest a Knighthood for Lampard's supreme sacrifice.

Incredible.
I felt Derby edged it first half 55-45%
WE were starting to get into the game when the red card struck, which was the one chance Derby created to get through which started from Onuhua on this occasion giving the ball away needlessly when he should have cleared it properly.
Then Austin had that one good chance then of course we did the thing that wins games of football, it's called put the cnt in the net, it aint boxing with points decisions going this way and that.
No prizes for passes to your man, amount of ball you have in the other sides territiory, and nothing for how many times you work the oppos goalkeeper.
Each player basically has to jobs to do, one is score if he can, the other is prevent the other team doing so basically by any means.
Oh and Derby went down all over the shop, never a penalty, one I saw clearly from my position Johnson (I think) dived when he'd lost the ball and secondly even if there was "contact" that doesn't under the rules of the game all pundits, pleyers, ands and referees the world over appear to have forgotten constitute a foul.
As for the journalists, they spout nonsense and push their agenda often in the face of other evidence.
Under the rules of football only one thing really counts how many goals you score these journalists need to remember that very key point especially on a day like yesterday when its winner takes all and the game itself in a way is irrelevant in terms of performance.
Sunday papers this morning... on 15:20 - May 25 with 1835 viewsfrancisbowles

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:53 - May 25 by jonno

Derby were only the better side for the last 30 mins once we were down to ten men and you would expect that. Most people - including journos - only remember the last 30 mins of games and that is what you are doing. We started off the game the better side and probably just shaded the first half without either team looking like scoring. Second half up until the sending off it was about even, but we had the only clear cut chance when Austin should have hit the target. At that point I thought they looked a bit shaky at the back and we could certainly get a goal if we attacked them in a sustained fashion. The sending off then happened straight after which meant we could no longer do that - we could not hold the ball up front and get men forward to support so naturally Derby were well on top. But I said to one of my mates, if we can just get players forward once or twice we could nick a goal here. They then lost concentration at the back as they had been on top and were waiting for extra time and the rest is history.

Absolutely SPOT ON!
Sunday papers this morning... on 16:45 - May 25 with 1773 viewsDrewster

Derby were only the better side for the last 30 mins once we were down to ten men and you would expect that. Most people - including journos - only remember the last 30 mins of games and that is what you are doing. We started off the game the better side and probably just shaded the first half without either team looking like scoring. Second half up until the sending off it was about even, but we had the only clear cut chance when Austin should have hit the target. At that point I thought they looked a bit shaky at the back and we could certainly get a goal if we attacked them in a sustained fashion. The sending off then happened straight after which meant we could no longer do that - we could not hold the ball up front and get men forward to support so naturally Derby were well on top. But I said to one of my mates, if we can just get players forward once or twice we could nick a goal here. They then lost concentration at the back as they had been on top and were waiting for extra time and the rest is history.

Pretty much how I described it to the other half this afternoon. She has no understanding of the game and said well if you scored and they didn't, what does it matter what happened during the game? Simple.
The press just like to have a cheap pop at us.
Surprised though by The Sun today, pretty balanced report and scored us virtually the same as Derby.
Sunday papers this morning... on 16:57 - May 25 with 1755 viewskysersosaqpr

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:50 - May 25 by kensalriser

Thing is, the agenda is set before the game and the media decides the 'angle'. In this case, Derby's young guns go up and at Rangers' old guard and triumph in a goal bonanza.

The truth doesn't make for nearly such good copy; a dull game of few opportunities in which Derby's attack is smothered by Rangers' defensive play and the latter win despite playing with 10 men for 30 minutes thanks to a defensive error exploited by one of the decrepit old guard.

I agree,
By the way anyone else noticed that bloke in a three cornered hat and a black horse shouting "stand and deliver"?

Uuuuuurrrrrrssss

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Sunday papers this morning... on 17:53 - May 25 with 1709 viewsdavman

Sunday papers this morning... on 12:44 - May 25 by PhilmyRs

I've seen it many times over the years where we've been the better side and had it stolen from us so I feel like it was deserved yesterday. In terms of play, we struggled to string 3 consecutive passes together, even with 10 men I felt we could have kept the ball a lot better, that's what I meant by outclassed. We just gave the ball away repeatedly and played it long, never looked like scoring with 10 men on the pitch until they gifted us the chance. Although credit the Manager as that was clearly the tactic, keep it goalless and see if we can catch a lucky break. I also agree Derby had no clear chances, although had Garry g not brought their guy down they would have. Dunne by far and way best player, solid defensive shape, but never did I feel first 10 apart, that we were the better team. I can understand why though, play offs are horrible games to be involved in and rarely will they be a great footballing spectacle. All I care is we won.

Strange this post got negative views seeing as it is spot on....

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sunday papers this morning... on 18:18 - May 25 with 1672 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree mostly Jonno. We were better for the opening 20, then felt they were better until half time. 2nd half started even, we did have the better chance, but then they got into the ascendancy and of course saying they didn't create a chance is a little disingenuous - they had the best opening of the game, it's just that O'Neil stopped them!
Personally felt before the game and still do that a timid team selection would see us struggle. A more ambitious team selection and we'd have won more comfortably IMO.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Sunday papers this morning... on 19:59 - May 25 with 1605 viewsYorkRanger

Sunday papers this morning... on 14:37 - May 25 by stansleftfoot

Phil and Jonno describe the game perfectly, we've watched this QPR side all year, we were no better or worse than usual yesterday, except Dunne lifted his game to its early season level. Derby played their game to suit Dunne, get around his feet and he's done for, he'll head the ball all day! The penalty appeal was the clue, the young Derby side didn't see it, neither did wally sans brolly either...no journ's analysis mentions this and that's because SM has paid his media dues.
This long season has proved us to be very hard to beat with our best side out. One way to beat QPR is to play little balls into the box around Hill, Onouha and Dunnes ankles, don't sling endless crosses in with two much height on them. Elementary! Schteve should have seen it, he should have been on the touchline not on the phone.
Derby had played their best football relentlessly to get to third place, they couldn't get better.....if we could defend as we knew we could, then given time either Austin or Zamora would get a chance...There's a slightly different story to be told of an old fashioned man manager taking on a new wave football coach with Schteve missing his chance and Harry taking it.
Redknapp and QPR have undergone a huge change, we've got our result, Redknapp will stay next year, its how Fernandes and Beard manage Harry that will be the telling factor relating to whether we can stay up...these modern Journo's don't know their Football, Brian Glanville wrote his stuff on Fleet Street and played his Football for the Chelsea Casuals on Gunnersbury, Wormwood Scrubs, he would have understood what QPR have been through this year. These modern Journo's are more interested in the celebrity of players and managers, there are many debts repaid in the papers.

Glanville was pretty disparaging this morning as well in the ST...

But who cares, Zamora's goals was one of my greatest moments as a QPR fan and when the Premier League fixtures come out we will feature not Derby....
Sunday papers this morning... on 20:50 - May 25 with 1563 viewssupahoopsa

Sunday papers this morning... on 13:16 - May 25 by TheBlob

Do these journos actually watch the game?
We'd dominated the first 25,then lost Niko and had a man sent off.
"Hoilett started the day on the left" didn't see that one Brian F*cking Glanville.I used to like your reports but it's back to the care home whence you came.And as for Rod Liddle......On the off chance you go walking down a dark alleyway in Aberystwyth,take a big stick.

I too was gobsmacked when I read this....Hoilett on the left, they even had this on their team layout picture. Was he actually at the match or even watch the game on sky. Did he not see Niko and Traore? Did he not see Juonior's trickey (which as usual came to nothing early on as he ALWAYS seems to cut inside)?? Why do these pricks write with such authority when they cannot even get the very simply basics of the difference between left & right correct.

As for Ron Liddle, another one who couldn't possibly have watched the match if he thought Gary O'Neil was captain,

Last time I ever read the Times.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Sunday papers on 23:06 - May 25 with 1487 viewsRangerJim

I made this today

http://tinypic.com/r/f37xvq/8

I am 34
[Post edited 25 May 2014 23:11]
Sunday papers on 23:32 - May 25 with 1463 viewsPommyhoop

Sunday papers on 23:06 - May 25 by RangerJim

I made this today

http://tinypic.com/r/f37xvq/8

I am 34
[Post edited 25 May 2014 23:11]

Cool. Here I put it up for you Sonny..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024