Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gomis from Lyon? 13:10 - May 31 with 6751 viewsAustinHarris24

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/qpr-join-bafetimbi-gomis-chase/

Opinions?

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

Gomis from Lyon? on 13:28 - May 31 with 5530 viewsRangersDave

If he's over 30 and wants 100k a week to sit of the bench or just put in lack lustre displays then he's our man!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Gomis from Lyon? on 13:29 - May 31 with 5524 viewsTacticalR

There was some weird stuff last summer, when the Lyon chairman tried to use twitter to force Gomis out of the club (not necessarily any reflection on Gomis's playing abilities):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'The Bafétimbi Gomis saga is indicative of the club's predicament. The striker has been good for Lyon, hitting double figures in each of the past seven seasons, but the chairman Jean-Michel Aulas now wants him to leave because his salary of around £3m is a liability that Lyon can no longer afford, especially if they are to keep hold of the Argentina forward Lisandro López, as they are eager to do.

Not only are Lyon facing the same drop in television income and rise in taxes as all Ligue 1 clubs (except, of course, the financially enhanced Monaco), but construction of their new 58,000-capacity home is scheduled to begin later this summer after several delays. Given the need to belt-tighten, Aulas has been trying since last year to shift senior players who were given bumper contracts when the going was good and he succeeded with Kim Kallstrom, Anthony Réveillère and Aly Cissokho, as well as reluctantly accepting Tottenham's bid for Hugo Lloris, but striker Jimmy Briand rejected a move to Besiktas in January and now Gomis has become the focal point of Aulas's anxiety, which is becoming embarrassingly public.

Gomis's insistence on serving the remaining year of his contract unless something better comes along (apparently that does not include a move to Hull City) has led the chairman to regularly use Twitter to denounce him. The closer the transfer window draws, the louder the frustrated OL overlord calls for Gomis to go, especially with Schalke deciding against keeping another of the club's high-earners, Michel Bastos, after a year-long loan in the Bundesliga. Not even Aulas is expecting anyone to relieve him of the club's highest-paid player of all, the lingering flop that is Yoann Gourcuff.

Selling the centre-back Dejan Lovren to Southampton for a reported £6.8m seems a canny bit of business given the Croatian's disappointing displays last season but clearly it is not enough and the campaign to drive away Gomis seems to have led Aulas to try to turn supporters against the popular player. He has claimed Gomis's selfishness has forced the club to forego one of its top summer targets, the Sochaux defender Sébastien Corchia, and sell one of its hottest prospects, the exciting 17-year-old forward Anthony Martial, who was snapped up by Monaco. Instead of Corchia, Lyon made the underwhelming signing of Miguel Lopes on loan from Porto. Their only other recruit so far has been the 31-year-old midfielder Gaël Danic from Valenciennes.'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/jul/24/lyon-losing-face-french-foo
[Post edited 31 May 2014 13:29]

Air hostess clique

Gomis from Lyon? on 14:00 - May 31 with 5419 views08olesen

Surly if you get him instead of all those clubs that are in for him, you are gonna either be paying a high transfer fee or high wages. having said that, any striker who is worth perusing is most likely gonna have others interested in him and so at some point you will have to pay top some money out regardless of who you sign. If i was paying 10 million quid i would much rather go and get both McCormack and Rhodes who have over 200 goals between them since 2009

Poll: Who will the other play off

Gomis from Lyon? on 22:56 - Jun 4 with 5066 views08olesen

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/queens-park-rangers-open-tr

70 grand a week apparently.

But he would be a free transfer so actually not too bad.

Gomis from Lyon? on 04:01 - Jun 5 with 4912 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Seems quick and good on the ball.. not sure if he is a hold up player as well though. More of a Remy replacement?

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Gomis from Lyon? on 04:16 - Jun 5 with 4905 viewsjamois

I'm in. All over it. I can spare £2.50 a week.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Gomis from Lyon? on 10:12 - Jun 5 with 4650 viewsUplandsJack

You guys just haven't learnt any lessons from last time...
Shit £70k a week on a player who has no proven experience in the Premier League. ( I do think he can step up mind so not knocking his potential)
But why not try to bring players in that want to play for YOUR club, buy into your future plans and not just on increasing their already massive bank accounts...
I'm glad that figure is way out of our pay structure, as this guy is yet another example of the greedy pro footballer...
Gomis from Lyon? on 10:16 - Jun 5 with 4650 viewssimmo

Gomis from Lyon? on 10:12 - Jun 5 by UplandsJack

You guys just haven't learnt any lessons from last time...
Shit £70k a week on a player who has no proven experience in the Premier League. ( I do think he can step up mind so not knocking his potential)
But why not try to bring players in that want to play for YOUR club, buy into your future plans and not just on increasing their already massive bank accounts...
I'm glad that figure is way out of our pay structure, as this guy is yet another example of the greedy pro footballer...

We have not signed him and I doubt we will. We are going to be linked with every cnt that has an agent, unfortunately for us even when the players/wages discussed have no truth attached to them it still compunds our 'image' of a big spending load of tw@ts.

Let's see what we ACTUALLY do before people start talking about us making the same mistakes.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Gomis from Lyon? on 10:33 - Jun 5 with 4619 viewsTacticalR

Gomis from Lyon? on 10:16 - Jun 5 by simmo

We have not signed him and I doubt we will. We are going to be linked with every cnt that has an agent, unfortunately for us even when the players/wages discussed have no truth attached to them it still compunds our 'image' of a big spending load of tw@ts.

Let's see what we ACTUALLY do before people start talking about us making the same mistakes.

Which is not to say that we do not appreciate the attempts of Swansea fans to warn us about such greedy fellows. Now where did I put my friendship scarf?

Air hostess clique

Gomis from Lyon? on 10:40 - Jun 5 with 4599 viewsBrightonhoop

We'll go bust if we carry on like before. He's not worth £30,000 a week at that age.
Gomis from Lyon? on 10:46 - Jun 5 with 4582 viewsMaggsinho

Gomis from Lyon? on 10:40 - Jun 5 by Brightonhoop

We'll go bust if we carry on like before. He's not worth £30,000 a week at that age.

He's only 28, that's not too old surely?
Gomis from Lyon? on 11:09 - Jun 5 with 4546 viewsballbag

We should have a wage cap a la Blackpool.

Tenner a week and a free monthly Oyster card Zones 2-6.
Gomis from Lyon? on 11:19 - Jun 5 with 4528 viewsmikeygunn

Gomis from Lyon? on 11:09 - Jun 5 by ballbag

If its Blackpool, wouldnt it be an Oyston card?

I'll get my coat.
Gomis from Lyon? on 11:33 - Jun 5 with 4502 viewsTacticalR

Gomis from Lyon? on 11:09 - Jun 5 by ballbag

Why not ask them to play for nothing on work experience? That way we will find the players who really want play for our club.

Air hostess clique

Gomis from Lyon? on 12:00 - Jun 5 with 4467 views08olesen

Its all well and good saying, lets bring in championship strikers on low wages, but someone like Jordan Rhodes will cost at least 5 million and then be on 40k a week. That would put his total cost at 7 million for this first year.

Gomis would be 3,600,000 on 70k a week because he would have no transfer cost. So ask yourself would it not in fact be silly to bring in Jordan Rhodes, when he also has NO premier league experience either.

And for the bloke who says we should bring in premiership strikers! who does he mean? Darren Bent? It easy to say that we should go buy premiership strikers, but who is there to buy, and any big names that are available will want just as much as this Frenchy.

Also worth noting, that our last French acquisition didnt go too badly and we will have made a 4 million pound profit if he goes off to Arsenal or the Spuds for 10mill. Plus that Swansea bloke cant really talk seeing as they brought Michu and Boney who also had NO experience.

Gomis from Lyon? on 23:47 - Jun 28 with 4288 viewsTacticalR

Earlier in this thread Swansea fan UplandsJack told us about what a terrible signing Gomis would be.

Gomis has now signed for...Swansea
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/27/bafetimbi-gomis-swansea-signing-

Air hostess clique

Gomis from Lyon? on 12:06 - Jun 29 with 4024 viewsHooparoo

Why the hell do Swansea need Gomis when they have Bony?

Greedy cnts!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Gomis from Lyon? on 12:12 - Jun 29 with 4014 viewsrsonist

Gomis from Lyon? on 12:06 - Jun 29 by Hooparoo

Why the hell do Swansea need Gomis when they have Bony?

Greedy cnts!

Because if they play together well enough the club can grow and Bony may not leave so soon, and if Bony does go they have a replacement ready so they don't have to go shopping with everyone knowing what they need, how badly they need it, and how much they have available to spend to get it.
Gomis from Lyon? on 14:07 - Jun 29 with 3884 viewsJonDoeman

Gomis from Lyon? on 23:47 - Jun 28 by TacticalR

Earlier in this thread Swansea fan UplandsJack told us about what a terrible signing Gomis would be.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/27/bafetimbi-gomis-swansea-signing-

Funny he hasn't come back eh!!!

It Is What It Is !!

Gomis from Lyon? on 14:58 - Jun 29 with 3835 viewshoopstilidie

Gomis from Lyon? on 23:47 - Jun 28 by TacticalR

Last two points say a lot.
Didn't see Swansea as challenge enough to move to until he became a free agent and they offered him more money.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Gomis from Lyon? on 13:31 - Jan 6 with 3461 viewsTacticalR

Didn't look good against us last week. Not quite sure what's happened to him as I thought he was a good player for Lyon. It will be interesting to see if he comes good while Bony is away or is shipped out quicker than you can say 'Michu'.

Air hostess clique

Gomis from Lyon? on 13:41 - Jan 6 with 3409 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Gomis from Lyon? on 13:31 - Jan 6 by TacticalR

Didn't look good against us last week. Not quite sure what's happened to him as I thought he was a good player for Lyon. It will be interesting to see if he comes good while Bony is away or is shipped out quicker than you can say 'Michu'.

He wants away from Swansea now according to this...

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-s-Bafetimbi-Gomis-wants-Ast
Gomis from Lyon? on 14:07 - Jan 6 with 3311 viewsAntti_Heinola

Gomis from Lyon? on 12:00 - Jun 5 by 08olesen

Its all well and good saying, lets bring in championship strikers on low wages, but someone like Jordan Rhodes will cost at least 5 million and then be on 40k a week. That would put his total cost at 7 million for this first year.

Gomis would be 3,600,000 on 70k a week because he would have no transfer cost. So ask yourself would it not in fact be silly to bring in Jordan Rhodes, when he also has NO premier league experience either.

And for the bloke who says we should bring in premiership strikers! who does he mean? Darren Bent? It easy to say that we should go buy premiership strikers, but who is there to buy, and any big names that are available will want just as much as this Frenchy.

Also worth noting, that our last French acquisition didnt go too badly and we will have made a 4 million pound profit if he goes off to Arsenal or the Spuds for 10mill. Plus that Swansea bloke cant really talk seeing as they brought Michu and Boney who also had NO experience.

What's premier oeague experience got to do with anything? What does that guarantee? Hoilett, rio, zamora, park, bosingwa, SWP, anton etc etc all had the fabled 'premier league experience'. Austin had none. Neither did Costa. Or Torres. Or hundreds of other successful imports.

Bare bones.

Gomis from Lyon? on 14:11 - Jan 6 with 3289 viewsdaveB

Is he the Gomis who played against us last week? I thought he was crap
Gomis from Lyon? on 14:20 - Jan 6 with 3250 viewswhittocksRs

Gomis from Lyon? on 14:07 - Jan 6 by Antti_Heinola

What's premier oeague experience got to do with anything? What does that guarantee? Hoilett, rio, zamora, park, bosingwa, SWP, anton etc etc all had the fabled 'premier league experience'. Austin had none. Neither did Costa. Or Torres. Or hundreds of other successful imports.

Remember most pundits agreeing Charlie Austin had no hope without "Premier League experience", too.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 14:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024