Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suarez. 18:45 - Jun 24 with 13467 viewslifelong

Not again, surely?
Suarez. on 09:38 - Jun 25 with 1304 viewsMusical_Swan

Suarez. on 09:25 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

Could be classed as overstepping the rules? Aye just a bit mate. So in the heat of the moment, you're accepting that an elbow to the jaw is ok'ish, but a bite on the shoulder isn't.

If i had the choice of a busted jaw/nose/broken leg on the football field, or a bit of broken skin on my shoulder, i know what i pick every time.

As i said, there's no place in football for biting, but lets see players who have deliberately smashed someone in the jaw with similar bans.

I agree there are worse things that happen on a football pitch, but to the best of my recollection I don't think anyone has reapetedly done the same thing after already having two sizeable bans for it. The biting is bad, doing it a third time and at a world cup, is just madness.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Suarez. on 09:40 - Jun 25 with 1303 viewsNeath_Jack

Suarez. on 09:35 - Jun 25 by SwansNZ

It's the intent, or in Suarez case, indent.

IMHO, the act of biting someone is worse than swinging an elbow at them

The intent is there when some players try to take another's off with their elbow.

I disagree, trying to physically hurt someone, with whatever part of your body is wrong. Some may be seeing it in the context of a fight, where biting someone isn't deemed "fair" IMO, and not the actual injury being caused. All equal, just one is frowned upon as not being the right thing to do.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Suarez. on 09:41 - Jun 25 with 1300 viewsNeath_Jack

Suarez. on 09:38 - Jun 25 by Musical_Swan

I agree there are worse things that happen on a football pitch, but to the best of my recollection I don't think anyone has reapetedly done the same thing after already having two sizeable bans for it. The biting is bad, doing it a third time and at a world cup, is just madness.

I don't disagree with you. I think he has a serious mental problem myself.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Suarez. on 09:46 - Jun 25 with 1289 viewsMusical_Swan

Suarez. on 09:40 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

The intent is there when some players try to take another's off with their elbow.

I disagree, trying to physically hurt someone, with whatever part of your body is wrong. Some may be seeing it in the context of a fight, where biting someone isn't deemed "fair" IMO, and not the actual injury being caused. All equal, just one is frowned upon as not being the right thing to do.

Just curious, but how would you feel towards Suarez if 'biting' was substituted with 'spitting'?

No physical damage to opposition, but still wrong and pretty disgusting. I know I'd be pretty mad if he wasn't harshly dealt with after his third offence.

Suarez. on 09:47 - Jun 25 with 1282 viewsMusical_Swan

Suarez. on 09:41 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

I don't disagree with you. I think he has a serious mental problem myself.

Yep, the guy's definately got issues.

Suarez. on 09:49 - Jun 25 with 1278 viewsSwansNZ

Suarez. on 09:40 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

Who knows what diseases you could catch off him biting you

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Suarez. on 09:51 - Jun 25 with 1274 viewsSwansNZ

Suarez. on 09:46 - Jun 25 by Musical_Swan

Just curious, but how would you feel towards Suarez if 'biting' was substituted with 'spitting'?

No physical damage to opposition, but still wrong and pretty disgusting. I know I'd be pretty mad if he wasn't harshly dealt with after his third offence.

I agree

He needs the book thrown at him

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Suarez. on 09:51 - Jun 25 with 1270 viewsNeath_Jack

Suarez. on 09:46 - Jun 25 by Musical_Swan

Same, he would need to be banned.

My point is people are acting like he's some kind of monster, like he took to the field with a machete and chased half the Italian players around the pitch. When in fact he barely broke the skin of another players shoulder. But lets see some parity in that any player found deliberately found guilty of going out to injure another player, by whatever means, gets the same punishment.

Login to get fewer ads

Suarez. on 09:53 - Jun 25 with 1262 viewsNeath_Jack

Suarez. on 09:49 - Jun 25 by SwansNZ

I doubt he's be playing football if he had any sort of disease that could be passed on by blood/bodily fluids mate.

Suarez. on 09:54 - Jun 25 with 1258 viewsJackSomething

The funniest things about this so far are Uruguayans (team, manager, media) attempting to play this down and blaming the British press for it, and Liverpool fans across the internet attempting to defend the indefensible. To be fair, they've had plenty of practice at it over the last few years.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Suarez. on 09:55 - Jun 25 with 1252 viewsperchrockjack

A great striker in the modern era who can do it at the highest level.
However as a human being and sportsman he is base.
Its not so much the biting but the way in which he tries to deflect blame.
Its the worst from of cheating, it stinks and Liverpool should do the right thing and rid the Premier League of this stain on humanity.
Uruguayan papers are claiming he s a victim.
Here we go again

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Suarez. on 09:58 - Jun 25 with 1239 viewsJackSomething

Suarez. on 09:55 - Jun 25 by perchrockjack

A great striker in the modern era who can do it at the highest level.
However as a human being and sportsman he is base.
Its not so much the biting but the way in which he tries to deflect blame.
Its the worst from of cheating, it stinks and Liverpool should do the right thing and rid the Premier League of this stain on humanity.
Uruguayan papers are claiming he s a victim.
Here we go again

Agree with all of that Perch.

I know you've got a soft spot for Liverpool, living up there, must be incredibly frustrating that a player with so much talent is also so self-destructive.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Suarez. on 10:01 - Jun 25 with 1230 viewsCygnus

Suarez. on 09:51 - Jun 25 by Neath_Jack

Same, he would need to be banned.

My point is people are acting like he's some kind of monster, like he took to the field with a machete and chased half the Italian players around the pitch. When in fact he barely broke the skin of another players shoulder. But lets see some parity in that any player found deliberately found guilty of going out to injure another player, by whatever means, gets the same punishment.

The problem we have here is that of influence,especially on younger people.
They may mimic or copy the actions of their sports heroes because that's what they do.

If it was a lower league match not so bad but the World Cup FFs? You can't get a bigger stage than that...FIFA MUST ACT NOW as he is bringing the game into disrepute.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 10:03]
Suarez. on 10:04 - Jun 25 with 1214 viewsperchrockjack

I do after they appeared to sort him out. Now he s back to type or so it seems and he will cause the club a lot of grief. LIKE OUR CLUB its always club first not player . I d suggest many Reds fans are in despair but most will back him -mainlyu because he is so vital for them
What they have t ask is whether the stench he brings to the pitch and the consequent abuse to the club is it worth it. Madrid were reported to be offering mega mega money for him so maybe John Henry will have the guts to say, we re selling Suarez because he brings our great club into disrepute, I wont hold my breath.
Anyway, I m only concerned about Wilf staying and having Gomis as his chum

Suarez. on 10:09 - Jun 25 with 1204 viewsperchrockjack

"perch on edge" ? Not really skippy la. Wrong again eh.

How does it feel? with apo9logies to John Lennon

Suarez. on 10:38 - Jun 25 with 1157 viewsepaul

Suarez. on 10:04 - Jun 25 by perchrockjack

I do after they appeared to sort him out. Now he s back to type or so it seems and he will cause the club a lot of grief. LIKE OUR CLUB its always club first not player . I d suggest many Reds fans are in despair but most will back him -mainlyu because he is so vital for them
What they have t ask is whether the stench he brings to the pitch and the consequent abuse to the club is it worth it. Madrid were reported to be offering mega mega money for him so maybe John Henry will have the guts to say, we re selling Suarez because he brings our great club into disrepute, I wont hold my breath.
Anyway, I m only concerned about Wilf staying and having Gomis as his chum

Spot on Richie, club before player every time. Lets be fair as much as I don't like Liverpool, the name is revered worldwide and him being linked to it is dragging it into the gutter

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Suarez. on 10:59 - Jun 25 with 1133 viewsairedale

Assuming he kicked you as well during the game, Foot and Mouth is a strong possibility!
Suarez. on 11:23 - Jun 25 with 1099 viewstf_jack

I got bitten on the thumb playing rugby in 1962.Was in Cattrick hospital for 4 weeks.High doses of anubiotics and youth helped me.

Tough times don't last. Tough people do.

Suarez. on 11:58 - Jun 25 with 1052 viewsCatullus

Brynnie makes a good point. Biting is a foul, disgusting thing and Suarez deserves a lengthy ban.
But anyone who sets out to deliberately hurt another player deserves a lengthy ban too.
Lets face it, the FA, FIFA and any other governing body should be cracking down on this at every level.
But they are a bunch of cowards. Every week of the season we see serious foul play, cheating and players badgering the referee.
It needs to be stopped, for the good of the game, for the good of the people who play it and mostly for the good of impressionable kids who imitate their idols.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Suarez. on 12:16 - Jun 25 with 1036 viewsperchrockjack

I was bitten several times during my job but for a footballer to do it to a fellow pro is the most insulting thing after spitting. Its not the injury it causes but the insult.
A butt , a kick the odd scratch is part of the game-or used to be- but biting in football ffs.
Used to be a problem with rugby front rows but brutal bans and TV cameras everywhere sorted that out
South Americans are clearly into insulting their fellow man and frankly they are the lower end of humanity

Suarez. on 12:43 - Jun 25 with 1007 viewssully49

Suarez. on 08:35 - Jun 25 by SwansNZ

Yes, it is worse.

He's no better than a rabid animal.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2014 8:36]

It's his third occasion, a fine is meaningless it, that's just pocket money to him. It will be unmissable when someone attempts to defend his actions, good luck with that.
With all the furore being alleged with the 2022 tournament, FIFA will, and should, throw the book at him. This couldn't have come at a better time for them.
Once is bad, twice is stupid but three is unbelievable.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Suarez. on 12:49 - Jun 25 with 997 viewsairedale

One thing has just struck me about his biting. We are all [rightly] horrified that Suarez has bitten another victim, yet when we hear about boxers or rugby players doing it no-one seems to bat an eyelid.

Odd.
Suarez. on 12:51 - Jun 25 with 991 viewsscottishjack

Suarez. on 12:49 - Jun 25 by airedale

One thing has just struck me about his biting. We are all [rightly] horrified that Suarez has bitten another victim, yet when we hear about boxers or rugby players doing it no-one seems to bat an eyelid.

Odd.

I don't know, I seem to remember Tyson having a few issues with the media when he munched on Holyfield?
Suarez. on 12:56 - Jun 25 with 985 viewsCatullus

Suarez. on 12:49 - Jun 25 by airedale

Odd.

I disagree. I am always horrified when someone stoops so low!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Suarez. on 14:08 - Jun 25 with 924 viewsDJack

Suarez. on 09:51 - Jun 25 by SwansNZ

I agree

He needs the book thrown at him

As long as it is not a cook-book...

This is his third offence and he has done it in front of the world. He deserves the highest sanction that FIFA can give within their rules.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024