Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hitchcock released? 19:21 - Jun 25 with 5216 viewsAustinHarris24

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9361482/transfer-news-rotherham-un

Would be a shame looked promising but he wouldn't get a chance in the premier league if we wouldn't even play him in the championship

Poll: Who is better Barkley or wilshere

Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:04 - Jun 26 with 1520 viewsdanehoop

I agree that he does look like a real talent and natural goal scorer, so if we do release him that may well be one of those we look back on and regret. However, I do temper that a little, when I think at this point, despite that apparent potential, he hasn't quite made it that next step and cemented a first team starting place at any of the clubs he has played at (despite doing well at some). I have a feeling that if he is released by us and joins one of the lower division sides on a permanent move he may fair better than as a loanee in that respect.

One who may surprise us all and become a prolific goal scorer at a higher level.

Never knowingly understood

Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:18 - Jun 26 with 1504 viewskysersosaqpr

Tom Hitchcock released? on 08:14 - Jun 26 by Discodroid

i know im on my own here in rating him, but is kevin doyle still here??.

Nope, I like Doyle too - cover for Austin - doesn't score as well, but wins fair share in the air and links play.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:34 - Jun 26 with 1487 viewsPinnerPaul

Tom Hitchcock released? on 22:01 - Jun 25 by bosh67

Hitchcock released
Remi to be sold
Adel to be sold
AJ released
Zamora possibly released
Maiga thankfully back at West Ham
Keane back at Utd
Niko not retained as yet
Skapetis went to Stoke
Sharif released

... That leaves Charlie up front with... err.....

Okay, okay. Balanta. I think he is still with the club?

Here we go, same every year, its June folks, season starts in August!
Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:36 - Jun 26 with 1486 viewsPinnerPaul

Tom Hitchcock released? on 23:11 - Jun 25 by connell10

yep rangers are with the big boys now , we move on to bigger and better players than young tom, who will ever forget the signings of swp, anton f and bosswanker to name a few! oh yes we are far to good now for the likes of young tom!

Love this logic.

Recently I have read on here that Rio Ferdinand isn't good enough for the Premier League, but now you're trying to tell me that Tom Hitchcock is?!!!!!!!

Nonsense!
Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:44 - Jun 26 with 1462 viewstoboboly

Tom Hitchcock released? on 21:23 - Jun 25 by WeaverQPR

If HR didnt pick him last year then the lad has no chance this year. Nearly 22 would you have used up a space in the 25 on him? Thought not.

Do 22 year olds count towards the 25?

Edit: if they are 21 when the season starts?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 9:56]

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:54 - Jun 26 with 1450 viewssimmo

Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:44 - Jun 26 by toboboly

Do 22 year olds count towards the 25?

Edit: if they are 21 when the season starts?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2014 9:56]

Yeah, it's under 21's that don't.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:57 - Jun 26 with 1436 viewstoboboly

Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:54 - Jun 26 by simmo

Yeah, it's under 21's that don't.

Edited my question :)

Tom Hitchcock released? on 10:04 - Jun 26 with 1432 viewsdaveB

Good Luck to him, hope he does well but probably the right decision for his career as I can't see him breaking into a Premier League team
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hitchcock released? on 12:50 - Jun 26 with 1359 viewswhittocksRs

Well, Redknapp clearly didn't like him even after scoring that Ipswich winner. Whether or not he was good enough, his story is a sad indictment of the philosophy this football club takes toward young players.

No doubt we can expect Defoe is being lined up for an extortionate final pay-off. As Clive always says, more blood, always more blood.
Tom Hitchcock released? on 13:27 - Jun 26 with 1332 views18StoneOfHoop

Ah the mystical search for the Holy Grail of buying young under-25 players and/or - even better - setting up a productive QPR homegrown Youth Academy.

Even if Tony & the board throw loadsofmoney at the problem, according to this recently broadcast excellent yet depressing 27 minute Face The Facts BBC 4 radio documentary, it's very unlikely with the unfit-for-purpose current system that we'll have anyone coming through our own academy any time soon:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b047wfym

[sigh]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Tom Hitchcock released? on 13:30 - Jun 26 with 1318 viewstoboboly

Tom Hitchcock released? on 13:27 - Jun 26 by 18StoneOfHoop

Ah the mystical search for the Holy Grail of buying young under-25 players and/or - even better - setting up a productive QPR homegrown Youth Academy.

Even if Tony & the board throw loadsofmoney at the problem, according to this recently broadcast excellent yet depressing 27 minute Face The Facts BBC 4 radio documentary, it's very unlikely with the unfit-for-purpose current system that we'll have anyone coming through our own academy any time soon:

[sigh]

Heard that yesterday over lunch. Dyke didn't fill me with confidence when, despite lots of coaches saying the system wasn't working, he said he thought it was fine.

Should leave kids in school and county teams until they hit 16 and then clubs should be allowed to sign them up to academies. That way at least the kids will get a bit of decent education as well.

Tom Hitchcock released? on 13:31 - Jun 26 with 1322 viewsJonDoeman

Tom Hitchcock released? on 13:27 - Jun 26 by 18StoneOfHoop

[sigh]

Petrasso is going to make it with us.

It Is What It Is !!

Tom Hitchcock released? on 18:42 - Jun 26 with 1260 viewsderbyhoop

On the surface, it seems very harsh. But, there really cannot be any room for sentiment. After a decent spell with Crewe, Tom went to Rotherham who were barely out of the top 6 all season. The fact that he couldn't hold down a regular starting place at that level probably confirmed to the football people at QPR, that he probably wasn't going to be good enough for the level we were at. The fact is we are now a level higher and his chances with us would be miniscule.

It may come back to bite us. A more likely scenario is that he turns into a decent striker and regular scorer at L1/L2 level. In that case, it may be of passing interest and that's all.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:07 - Jun 26 with 1230 viewsTGRRRSSS

Lambert has done alright after finally getting chance in PL.
Shame this franklly, some players never get a chance to improve and develope, he scored a fair few goals last season and who knows had he been given chance last season we might have done even better.
A certain Charlie Austin was rejected by Reading ended up playing in the equivalent of about Division 10, and rose up ranks to er finally getting chance of PL this season.
Far too many discarded I am sure and therefore never play the best technical players both at a club and in top games to really develope their craft.
Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:17 - Jun 26 with 1224 viewsconnell10

Tom Hitchcock released? on 09:36 - Jun 26 by PinnerPaul

Love this logic.

Recently I have read on here that Rio Ferdinand isn't good enough for the Premier League, but now you're trying to tell me that Tom Hitchcock is?!!!!!!!

Nonsense!

yeah and i bet you were creaming ya pants when we signed the likes of swp! god no wonder other fans think we are arrogant tossers!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:20 - Jun 26 with 1212 viewsJamie

Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:07 - Jun 26 by TGRRRSSS

Shame this franklly, some players never get a chance to improve and develope, he scored a fair few goals last season and who knows had he been given chance last season we might have done even better.
A certain Charlie Austin was rejected by Reading ended up playing in the equivalent of about Division 10, and rose up ranks to er finally getting chance of PL this season.
Far too many discarded I am sure and therefore never play the best technical players both at a club and in top games to really develope their craft.

Austin was released by Reading at 15. Hitchcock is coming up on 22. When Austin was Hitchcocks age, he had 40 L1 goals to his name. When Lambert was Hitchcocks age he had 60 appearances under his belt at the equivalent of Championship level.

While there is clearly a very valid discussion to be had about the non-existent opportunities QPR offer young players, in my humble opinion Hitchcock is not the player to be centring it around.

Appendexed to that is a sincere good luck to Hitchcock and if he comes back to bite us by scoring for fun at L1, Championship & PL level then well done to him.
Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:21 - Jun 26 with 1211 viewsTGRRRSSS

How can you compare them, one is at the end of a very successful career, but 35 and had back problems for 2-3 years now.
The other is a young lad who might do very well if given the chance.
The other an ageing very injury prone player, who I think is a true pro and maybe if this had more of a coaching role might be more attractive.
I think they are different arguments
Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:31 - Jun 26 with 1201 viewsMaggsinho

Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:17 - Jun 26 by connell10

yeah and i bet you were creaming ya pants when we signed the likes of swp! god no wonder other fans think we are arrogant tossers!

As badly as the likes of SWP turned out for us the answer to that problem isn't to go and compete with the likes of Fleetwood, Rochdale and MK Dons for a player that's probably not good enough.

The likes of Ince, Redmond and Bryson are the middle and probably correct way for us to go here.
Tom Hitchcock released? on 22:38 - Jun 26 with 1148 viewsRangersDave

Bizarrely he scored against Ipswich but was dropped for the next game, then scored a hattrick for Scunthorpe and was dropped the next game!

Hitch not good enough or not given enough opportunity in a stable team?

Just asking.

Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Tom Hitchcock released? on 22:49 - Jun 26 with 1139 viewsWeaverQPR

Tom Hitchcock released? on 22:38 - Jun 26 by RangersDave

Bizarrely he scored against Ipswich but was dropped for the next game, then scored a hattrick for Scunthorpe and was dropped the next game!

Hitch not good enough or not given enough opportunity in a stable team?

Just asking.

Dave

His chance should of been when CA was injured but HR didnt rate him and his time at QPR is now done.

@WeavQPR

Tom Hitchcock released? on 23:20 - Jun 26 with 1126 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:07 - Jun 26 by TGRRRSSS

The squad/age rule, while stopping teams from collecting players, also means young home grown players will only get a chance if they're extremely good at a young age. Some of ours simply aren't up to premier league standard so aren't likely to get a place in the squad so we buy old has beens and cheap imports and the nations game gets ever weaker
Tom Hitchcock released? on 15:21 - Jun 27 with 1056 viewsPinnerPaul

Tom Hitchcock released? on 20:17 - Jun 26 by connell10

Old = past it only here for the money, no good

Young = Brilliant under used player

Not that simple as Richard Dunne and other numerous examples on other threads have proved.

Harry never has used kisd in the Premier League, there was a "Alan Hansen like quote by him to that effect whne he was there.

As I said before HR decision, HR responsibility.

Nothing wrong with having an opinion though.
Tom Hitchcock released? on 17:45 - Jul 1 with 995 viewsJamie

Joined Maccy Ds.

[Post edited 1 Jul 2014 17:46]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024