Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a British Lions footy team 23:50 - Jul 1 with 1576 viewsjackportis

Ferguson as Manager = giggs, gary neville and roy keane as national reps as assistant coaches. think this should be a serious consideration.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Time for a British Lions footy team on 23:57 - Jul 1 with 1561 viewsyescomeon

No way, would jeopardize the Welsh national team

Upthecity!

Time for a British Lions footy team on 23:59 - Jul 1 with 1558 viewsjackportis

Time for a British Lions footy team on 23:57 - Jul 1 by yescomeon

No way, would jeopardize the Welsh national team

And the problem would be?

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:01 - Jul 2 with 1545 viewsSwansNZ

Time for a British Lions footy team on 23:59 - Jul 1 by jackportis

And the problem would be?

it's not like any individual country actually does anything, right

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:04 - Jul 2 with 1538 viewsyescomeon

I like having a Welsh team to support. If you want a team britain then you can just as well support england because that is what it will be.

Upthecity!

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:07 - Jul 2 with 1529 viewsjackharris

British Team for the a World Cup! And home Nations for Euros!

We would have won the World Cup in the late 70's and 80's with the likes of Neville Southall, Ian Rush, Kenny Dalglish, Alan Hanson, Robbie James, Alan Curtis, Charlie Nicholas etc

Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey would have added an X factor to this tournament.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 0:15]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:14 - Jul 2 with 1510 viewsLM10

I'm all for people's opinions but I'm totally against this idea. Why would anyone want to take away the opportunity to support your national side in the sport I'm guessing you love the most? Crazy.

I'm all for Great Britain at the Olympics, but world stage football, wales for me should go alone. With English football declining and welsh football getting better from national side, age group sides coaching clinics and FAW courses, grass roots and also club football doing well, it would be crazy.

Bale Ramsey Allen Huws j.williams Davies John Matthews Lawrence all round, welsh football is looking bright.

Old JA.net user.... Back to see what the fuss is! Once a Jack..Always a jack

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:15 - Jul 2 with 1506 viewsyescomeon

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:14 - Jul 2 by LM10

I'm all for people's opinions but I'm totally against this idea. Why would anyone want to take away the opportunity to support your national side in the sport I'm guessing you love the most? Crazy.

I'm all for Great Britain at the Olympics, but world stage football, wales for me should go alone. With English football declining and welsh football getting better from national side, age group sides coaching clinics and FAW courses, grass roots and also club football doing well, it would be crazy.

Bale Ramsey Allen Huws j.williams Davies John Matthews Lawrence all round, welsh football is looking bright.

Im with this guy.

Upthecity!

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:20 - Jul 2 with 1475 viewsStarsky

I've been waiting for the bright new Wales football future since the 70s
Glockner, Jordan, Speedie, Bodin, Hughes & now Coleman will ensure I won't see it in my lifetime.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 0:22]

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:23 - Jul 2 with 1461 viewsepaul

This was done to the death during the Olympics

#welshnotbritish

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:24 - Jul 2 with 1454 viewsSwansNZ

take out Bale and maybe Ramsey from that list, and what are you left with? not a lot, eh!

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:30 - Jul 2 with 1439 viewsswans11

The lions don't play in world cup though just a couple matches every 4 years against the top teams. Was you suggesting a football version of the rugby lions or suggesting we have 1 team instead if 4 home nations
Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:33 - Jul 2 with 1438 viewsLM10

You've taken our best two players away. Ok let's try this, take messi and do Maria out of Argentina, they would be out. Take Neymar and Thiago silva out of Brazil, wouldn't be a great side.

I know what your saying but when you take players away teams get weaker, this isn't FIFA or champ man where this can happen. They will always be welsh and will play for wales in the competitive games. Wales have the foundations of a decent side, all you need is a decent side and some luck and you'll reach a tournament. Look at Greece and Bosnia, no superstars bigger than what we have and they have made it.

Old JA.net user.... Back to see what the fuss is! Once a Jack..Always a jack

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:48 - Jul 2 with 1413 viewsSwansNZ

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:33 - Jul 2 by LM10

You've taken our best two players away. Ok let's try this, take messi and do Maria out of Argentina, they would be out. Take Neymar and Thiago silva out of Brazil, wouldn't be a great side.

I know what your saying but when you take players away teams get weaker, this isn't FIFA or champ man where this can happen. They will always be welsh and will play for wales in the competitive games. Wales have the foundations of a decent side, all you need is a decent side and some luck and you'll reach a tournament. Look at Greece and Bosnia, no superstars bigger than what we have and they have made it.

Those players are key for their countries, but they still have a fair number of top international players. The same can't be said of Wales.

Who knows, we might manage to qualify, but we'd need a lot of luck - it's a bit of a catch 22 situation, in that because we always fail to qualify, we get a low seeding, and thus get good teams in our qualifying groups.

Time for a British Lions footy team on 06:19 - Jul 2 with 1348 viewsDr_Winston

You would be supporting your national side though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a British Lions footy team on 07:39 - Jul 2 with 1302 viewsepaul

32 teams qualify for the next euro's so hopefully with a bit of luck, we can make it and progress from there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Time for a British Lions footy team on 08:27 - Jul 2 with 1260 viewsLe_Swans

Time for a British Lions footy team on 07:39 - Jul 2 by epaul

32 teams qualify for the next euro's so hopefully with a bit of luck, we can make it and progress from there

24 qualify for France, but your point still stands, we've got a very good chance of getting out of the group.
Time for a British Lions footy team on 08:48 - Jul 2 with 1234 viewsDyfnant

They've expanded the tournament so more 'smaller' teams can compete, the logical move would've been to keep things the same but remove the qualifying group seedings.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Time for a British Lions footy team on 09:00 - Jul 2 with 1215 viewsepaul

Time for a British Lions footy team on 08:27 - Jul 2 by Le_Swans

24 qualify for France, but your point still stands, we've got a very good chance of getting out of the group.

I stand corrected, thats what I meant doh!
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 9:00]

Time for a British Lions footy team on 10:39 - Jul 2 with 1143 viewsscottishjack

To the OP, in all honesty, as a Scotsman, if there was a British team instead of the current 4 separate nations, there wouldn't be a single Scottish player in the squad. Or Northern Irish for that matter, so it's a no from me!
Time for a British Lions footy team on 13:24 - Jul 2 with 1061 viewsQuakerJack

Time for a British Lions footy team on 10:39 - Jul 2 by scottishjack

To the OP, in all honesty, as a Scotsman, if there was a British team instead of the current 4 separate nations, there wouldn't be a single Scottish player in the squad. Or Northern Irish for that matter, so it's a no from me!

You must have a centre half better than Jagielka? Forgive my ignorance but who are the Scottish Centre Half pairing?

Bale and Ramsey would be the first two names on the team sheet, for as long as I've followed Wales we've always had at least one player who would walk into a British team.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Time for a British Lions footy team on 13:31 - Jul 2 with 1055 viewssomersetsimon

Time for a British Lions footy team on 00:33 - Jul 2 by LM10

With the other 'weaker' teams, such as Bosnia and Greece, their players will go anywhere to get first team football. If British players can't get in a PL team, they just sit in the reserves. How many British players (outside the superstars) have ever played in other European leagues?
Time for a British Lions footy team on 13:37 - Jul 2 with 1040 viewsscottishjack

Time for a British Lions footy team on 13:24 - Jul 2 by QuakerJack

You must have a centre half better than Jagielka? Forgive my ignorance but who are the Scottish Centre Half pairing?

Bale and Ramsey would be the first two names on the team sheet, for as long as I've followed Wales we've always had at least one player who would walk into a British team.

I don't think Strachan has found a decent pairing yet to be honest, but Hutton, Mulgrew etc... Ashley Williams is head and shoulders above our current crop for a start.
Time for a British Lions footy team on 13:38 - Jul 2 with 1037 viewsQuakerJack

Time for a British Lions footy team on 13:31 - Jul 2 by somersetsimon

With the other 'weaker' teams, such as Bosnia and Greece, their players will go anywhere to get first team football. If British players can't get in a PL team, they just sit in the reserves. How many British players (outside the superstars) have ever played in other European leagues?

None, they're far too expensive.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Time for a British Lions footy team on 13:44 - Jul 2 with 1017 viewsjackportis

This is something that I have discussed with greg dyke. U would have 4 nations and from this select best team every 4 years. Have quality managment, on current formats the home nations are a million miles away from winning. I am sure if ferguson given this role would have been competitive in this world cup. Its a no brainer. Honestly could u see coleman being a world cup winning manager. Its almost as funny as my avatar.

Time for a British Lions footy team on 14:36 - Jul 2 with 965 viewsDavillin

Disclaimer: I am fully aware that this is none of my business.

If I were a citizen of any of the Home Nations, I'd resist a "British Lions" football team in favour of four "national" teams.

Perhaps it's because I'd care far more to watch my nation's team trying their damnedest to succeed, and not in the (perhaps remote) chance of seeing a British Lions team win a few games and possibly make it to the quarter-finals. As other posters have sad or implied, it'd be an English team anyway.

[p.s. Another disclaimer: This is from someone who doesn't follow his own country's international team.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024