Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony Speculation Rumbles On 07:46 - Aug 4 with 12841 viewsPhil_S

So yesterday former Swans manager Jan Molby was next in line to have a viewpoint on Swansea striker Wilfried Bony and he believes that the Swans are 'making noises about cashing in'

Full story at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35593/bony-speculation-ru
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:54 - Aug 5 with 1697 viewsJACKARSE

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:17 - Aug 5 by oh_tommy_tommy

The only reason we would sell him is if he's asked to go.

If he has then f@ck him .

Multi millionaire Wilf takes his ball home .......
I'd like to think he is more of a pro than that. IF there is a release clause then Wilf and his agent would have been party to that when he signed. Nobody currently thinks he is worth that as there has been no bid yet. He is worth more to Swansea than £19M this season.

If he is that unhappy then put in a formal transfer request and lets get it all sorted out in the open or come out and say you are focused on playing for the Swans and scoring another 20+ this season and then see them queuing next summer.

HJ needs to openly say that either Wilf is categorically staying or that he would look at a substantial bid if Wilf was happy to go BUT with a deadline of 15th August after which they can all feck off ......
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:00 - Aug 5 with 1672 viewsPrivate_Partz

I thought I read a quote from GM that Wilf is even more focused on the job in hand than he was last season.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:02 - Aug 5 with 1669 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:48 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

As do I, but that's a separate point. We might sell, and we might be forced to sell depending on whether a clause is real and its specific nature, however I would be staggered if we sold for less than £19m. It makes no sense.

A £19m clause for a player costing £14-15m is bonkers mental. Selling below that beggars belief...
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:50 - Aug 5 with 1592 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:02 - Aug 5 by WarwickHunt

A £19m clause for a player costing £14-15m is bonkers mental. Selling below that beggars belief...

We will see. I'm still filing this under tabloid nonsense.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:52 - Aug 5 with 1584 viewswaynekerr55

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:02 - Aug 5 by WarwickHunt

Careful now Mr Hunt the daggers and down arrows will be out for you

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:16 - Aug 5 with 1537 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:52 - Aug 5 by waynekerr55

Careful now Mr Hunt the daggers and down arrows will be out for you

I see dailew's carer has switched on his computer for him this morning.

Bless his little cotton socks.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:16 - Aug 5 with 1537 viewsSkipTheJack

The only reason I can think of for selling Bony is if we're trying to do a deal for Borini in return (say, Borini + £10m for example).

Bony and Gomis played very well together at Reading, but it's clear that we'd need to switch to an unfamiliar 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 system to accommodate them both. Perhaps we're instead planning to play Gomis up front with Borini behind him. Borini would certainly give us more pace than Bony, and pace seems to be what we're basing our attack on this season.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:19 - Aug 5 with 1527 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:16 - Aug 5 by SkipTheJack

The only reason I can think of for selling Bony is if we're trying to do a deal for Borini in return (say, Borini + £10m for example).

Bony and Gomis played very well together at Reading, but it's clear that we'd need to switch to an unfamiliar 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2 system to accommodate them both. Perhaps we're instead planning to play Gomis up front with Borini behind him. Borini would certainly give us more pace than Bony, and pace seems to be what we're basing our attack on this season.

We're in crackpipe territory now.
Login to get fewer ads

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:24 - Aug 5 with 1505 viewsNeath_Jack

Wow.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:26 - Aug 5 with 1497 viewsDarran

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:24 - Aug 5 by Neath_Jack

Wow.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:34 - Aug 5 with 1452 viewsJACKARSE

Blimey .... I'll have a pint of whatever your on .....
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:41 - Aug 5 with 1427 viewsSkipTheJack

Does anyone actually want to offer any counter arguments instead of brainless one-liners, or is that too much to hope on this site?

It should have been obvious to anyone who was at Reading that Bony and Gomis can't play together without us fundamentally changing our preferred formation after 7 years of success.

I'm not suggesting we sell Bony. I'm simply trying to make sense of the rumours suggesting that we're about to.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 1403 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:41 - Aug 5 by SkipTheJack

Does anyone actually want to offer any counter arguments instead of brainless one-liners, or is that too much to hope on this site?

It should have been obvious to anyone who was at Reading that Bony and Gomis can't play together without us fundamentally changing our preferred formation after 7 years of success.

I'm not suggesting we sell Bony. I'm simply trying to make sense of the rumours suggesting that we're about to.

Yes.

We are short of funds for the extension. And i could give many more reasons as to why we may sell him, and none of them would include the name Fabio Borini. Oh and to say Gomis/Bony can't play together, is frankly ludicrous.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:49 - Aug 5 with 1377 viewsshandyjack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:45 - Aug 5 by Neath_Jack

Yes.

We are short of funds for the extension. And i could give many more reasons as to why we may sell him, and none of them would include the name Fabio Borini. Oh and to say Gomis/Bony can't play together, is frankly ludicrous.

Looked like they played well together on sat. Maybe we are going to play the diamond ala Liverpool last season

Poll: Expectation for the season

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:50 - Aug 5 with 1375 viewsSkipTheJack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:45 - Aug 5 by Neath_Jack

Yes.

So you're saying that we wouldn't want Fabio Borini back given the opportunity?

Righto......
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:51 - Aug 5 with 1345 viewsshandyjack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:50 - Aug 5 by SkipTheJack

Righto......

to replace Bony.... No chance

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:55 - Aug 5 with 1329 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:50 - Aug 5 by SkipTheJack

Righto......

Did you see us falling over ourselves to try and sign him when Sunderland were close to getting him?

Righto......

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:57 - Aug 5 with 1314 viewsSkipTheJack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:49 - Aug 5 by shandyjack

Looked like they played well together on sat. Maybe we are going to play the diamond ala Liverpool last season

They did indeed play very well together, but doing so in the Premier League would be severely weakening our midfield. Bony and Gomis are both out-and-out strikers who will not support the midfield at all. I'd wager that there's no way we'll start the two of them together at Old Trafford unless we have some severe injuries.

The diamond formation uses wingbacks, and there's no way we're planning to do that with the likes of Dyer and Montero on our books.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 12:02 - Aug 5 with 1282 viewsSkipTheJack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:55 - Aug 5 by Neath_Jack

Did you see us falling over ourselves to try and sign him when Sunderland were close to getting him?

Righto......

For £14m cash! No chance - way out of our league.

But as part of a player exchange (especially if we feel we might lose Bony anyway) I'm certain we'd be interested. Seems to me to be exactly Garry Monk's kind of player.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 12:07 - Aug 5 with 1264 viewsshandyjack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:57 - Aug 5 by SkipTheJack

They did indeed play very well together, but doing so in the Premier League would be severely weakening our midfield. Bony and Gomis are both out-and-out strikers who will not support the midfield at all. I'd wager that there's no way we'll start the two of them together at Old Trafford unless we have some severe injuries.

The diamond formation uses wingbacks, and there's no way we're planning to do that with the likes of Dyer and Montero on our books.

id wager at home and most away games we would go with

ki/britton

gylfi shelvey wayne

Bony Gomis

With Dyer or Jeff coming into the equation for such games as Utd away and the like

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 12:08 - Aug 5 with 1264 viewsMagicDaps

I don't think anyone is expecting that we get £30 million plus for him, however that's how much I would hold out for him and ultimately he'd be playing for us next season.

I find it odd that anyone would even think for a moment that this may be accurate, given the track record of the mirror on us this summer.

If we sold Wilfried Bony for a few million more than we paid for him, of course you'd have to question the club but that's a massive if that just isn't going to happen.

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 12:09 - Aug 5 with 1258 viewsMattG

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 11:57 - Aug 5 by SkipTheJack

From what I saw at the game, they didn't both play as out-and-out strikers at the same time - they rotated with one as the striker and the other more in the #10 role alongside Gylfi.

I can see us playing them both in a 4-4-1-1 or 4-3-2-1 system against quite a few teams although I agree it's unlikely at United in the first game.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 12:21 - Aug 5 with 1230 viewsItchySphincter

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 09:11 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

Given we paid £15m for Bony and he was a success last year, I find the theory that we'd willingly sell him for close to his purchase price rather hilarious.

Mind you, as we know the Daily Mirror adhere to the highest journalistic standards, maybe there is some credence to the story. Or not.

I thought we paid 12M for him - and at the time that was considered a gamble with many writing him of like many dutch league imports before him. I know 15M has been written a lot lately but when did that become fact? I doubt we've even got close to paying the full 12M yet.

Anyhow, a gamble it was and for that reason the top clubs that kept their hands in their pockets yet covet him now should pay a massive premium if they want him.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 12:40 - Aug 5 with 1193 viewsNeath_Jack

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 12:02 - Aug 5 by SkipTheJack

For £14m cash! No chance - way out of our league.

But as part of a player exchange (especially if we feel we might lose Bony anyway) I'm certain we'd be interested. Seems to me to be exactly Garry Monk's kind of player.

Irrespective of the quoted price, if he was "exactly Garry Monk's kind of player", don't you think we would have made an approach by now, even if it was to test the water?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:02 - Aug 5 with 1143 viewsmax936

If Bony goes, all we've got is Gomis, it'll be a tall order to get a suitable player in to support him the closer it gets to the close of the window, I really hope to can keep hold of him, and we could probably do with another striker in any case.

NJ, I can't believe we're short of funds for the Stadium extension, we've been planning on doing it for at least 3 season's, surely the funds are already there.?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024