Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony Speculation Rumbles On 07:46 - Aug 4 with 12840 viewsPhil_S

So yesterday former Swans manager Jan Molby was next in line to have a viewpoint on Swansea striker Wilfried Bony and he believes that the Swans are 'making noises about cashing in'

Full story at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/35593/bony-speculation-ru
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:04 - Aug 5 with 1886 viewsTom1912

£25m will be our biting point, in my opinion.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:09 - Aug 5 with 1865 viewsJACKARSE

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:02 - Aug 5 by max936

If Bony goes, all we've got is Gomis, it'll be a tall order to get a suitable player in to support him the closer it gets to the close of the window, I really hope to can keep hold of him, and we could probably do with another striker in any case.

NJ, I can't believe we're short of funds for the Stadium extension, we've been planning on doing it for at least 3 season's, surely the funds are already there.?

We've got Donnelly mun after his op ....
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:32 - Aug 5 with 1788 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 12:21 - Aug 5 by ItchySphincter

I thought we paid 12M for him - and at the time that was considered a gamble with many writing him of like many dutch league imports before him. I know 15M has been written a lot lately but when did that become fact? I doubt we've even got close to paying the full 12M yet.

Anyhow, a gamble it was and for that reason the top clubs that kept their hands in their pockets yet covet him now should pay a massive premium if they want him.

It was £15m. The press have run with £12m but it's more. No doubt it's in installments but it's still £15m.

Even if it was £12m, selling for £19m wouldn't be a sufficient return on investment IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:50 - Aug 5 with 1731 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 08:37 - Aug 5 by Neath_Jack

The more i hear, the more i suspect that Gomis has been bought as a direct replacement for Bony, and we are now waiting for the right bid to come in. I don't expect another big name signing if/when he does go, but someone of the ilk of Deeney. We need the money for the extension funding (we really don't have millions laying around in the bank), and after October's board meeting there will be some firm announcements on it. All in my humble of course.

If this expansion is going to be at the expense of the team then they can forget it

No point having a nice stand in the Championship
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:54 - Aug 5 with 1718 viewscockneyswan

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:50 - Aug 5 by TenkosBlondeWig

If this expansion is going to be at the expense of the team then they can forget it

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:59 - Aug 5 with 1689 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:50 - Aug 5 by TenkosBlondeWig

No point having a nice team if noone can get in to watch it.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:01 - Aug 5 with 1678 viewsStarsky

I thought we had a £14million profit last year..
I can't imagine we've got cash flow problems

It's just the internet, init.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:02 - Aug 5 with 1665 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:01 - Aug 5 by Starsky

I thought we had a £14million profit last year..
I can't imagine we've got cash flow problems

Profit <> Cash

Login to get fewer ads

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:02 - Aug 5 with 1664 viewsraynor94

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:59 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

Exactly, the expansion has to go ahead, it's vital before we lose anymore of our next generation of support

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:06 - Aug 5 with 1635 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:02 - Aug 5 by raynor94

Exactly, the expansion has to go ahead, it's vital before we lose anymore of our next generation of support

Given that Fairwood is close to completion, I hope it's next on the list. It seems to be.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:27 - Aug 5 with 1564 viewswaynekerr55

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 10:52 - Aug 5 by waynekerr55

Careful now Mr Hunt the daggers and down arrows will be out for you

And right on cue I get one

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:30 - Aug 5 with 1551 viewsStarsky

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:27 - Aug 5 by waynekerr55

I told you ages ago if you mention the arrows... And I gave Warwick one as well... Because he's my kind of kunt.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:32 - Aug 5 with 1527 viewsAnotherJohn

I am getting very nervous already with the number of (actual and rumoured) departures from the squad. If Bony moves on, I'd say it will be touch and go as to whether we survive in this league. Unless there is a definite intention to sell, I come back to my point of some days ago that Huw's interview wasn't so clever.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:39 - Aug 5 with 1489 viewsStarsky

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:32 - Aug 5 by AnotherJohn

I am getting very nervous already with the number of (actual and rumoured) departures from the squad. If Bony moves on, I'd say it will be touch and go as to whether we survive in this league. Unless there is a definite intention to sell, I come back to my point of some days ago that Huw's interview wasn't so clever.

I totally disagree, we've already got a squad good enough for mid table wether Bony stays or not.
The money would be spent on replacements anyway.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:45 - Aug 5 with 1441 viewsAnotherJohn

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:39 - Aug 5 by Starsky

I totally disagree, we've already got a squad good enough for mid table wether Bony stays or not.
The money would be spent on replacements anyway.

It is sadly the case that we rarely agree about much. With so many changes it will be intriguing to see whether the team can knit together. As for reinvesting the money at this stage of the window, I can't say I am convinced we would find what we are looking for.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 14:47]
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:50 - Aug 5 with 1419 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 13:59 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

No point having a nice stand with a rubbish side more like! Let's look at Cardiff as an example! I want at least one new stand, however, why would we want to do a Cardiff or Wolverhampton Wanderers?

We haven't even sold the Burnley game out yet!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:50 - Aug 5 with 1414 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:50 - Aug 5 by jackharris

No point having a nice stand with a rubbish side more like! Let's look at Cardiff as an example! I want at least one new stand, however, why would we want to do a Cardiff or Wolverhampton Wanderers?

We haven't even sold the Burnley game out yet!

If only there was a happy medium that could be reached ...

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:00 - Aug 5 with 1381 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:02 - Aug 5 by raynor94

It's a very fine line. There is no way in the world Swansea City would sell it's best player to fund a new stand, especially if it could cost us a place in the Premier League.

As I have mentioned the Burnley game as not sold out yet and tickets are on general sale.

The stand would be financed with our TV money. We need to increase capacity. I think the club have done a good job so far introducing the extra seats to increase the FOOTBALL capacity from 19,800 v Nottingham Forest (play-off semi) to 20,729 v Arsenal.

We have removed seats to gain a greater capacity and filled in the nooks and crannies. This with very little capital outlay.

Safe standing would expand the Stadiums capacity if it is allowed at some point.

Another factor is TV revenue far outweighs the need to build a stand at the moment. Although I agree I would love to see the stadium increased up to around 28,000. With cheaper seats, but this needs to be with Premier League football!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:05 - Aug 5 with 1352 viewsjackharris

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:50 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

If only there was a happy medium that could be reached ...

Yes definitely!

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:07 - Aug 5 with 1343 viewsMagicDaps

Can't believe some people are taking this article, and rather than regarding it as rubbish are assuming we've got financial problems.

Financially, we've got nothing to worry about and never will do under our current owners, that should go without saying.

The expansion is starting in January, we've got money aside for that from the huge profits since we've reached the Premier League. We don't have to sell our best player to fund it.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 15:08]

Poll: Has Marvin Emnes Earned A Long Term Deal?

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:08 - Aug 5 with 1340 viewsUxbridge

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:00 - Aug 5 by jackharris

It's a very fine line. There is no way in the world Swansea City would sell it's best player to fund a new stand, especially if it could cost us a place in the Premier League.

As I have mentioned the Burnley game as not sold out yet and tickets are on general sale.

The stand would be financed with our TV money. We need to increase capacity. I think the club have done a good job so far introducing the extra seats to increase the FOOTBALL capacity from 19,800 v Nottingham Forest (play-off semi) to 20,729 v Arsenal.

We have removed seats to gain a greater capacity and filled in the nooks and crannies. This with very little capital outlay.

Safe standing would expand the Stadiums capacity if it is allowed at some point.

Another factor is TV revenue far outweighs the need to build a stand at the moment. Although I agree I would love to see the stadium increased up to around 28,000. With cheaper seats, but this needs to be with Premier League football!

I'd agree but it's flawed logic to say we don't need to extend because we haven't sold out the least attractive game of the season 3 weeks beforehand. We could sell 5-10,000 more tickets at least half the time pretty easily, more even, and that's without even discussing the long overdue reduction in ticket prices.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:12 - Aug 5 with 1318 viewsWarwickHunt

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 14:27 - Aug 5 by waynekerr55

Two.

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:15 - Aug 5 with 1301 viewswaynekerr55

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:12 - Aug 5 by WarwickHunt

Two.

What a c*ntpipe

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:50 - Aug 5 with 1227 viewsjacw

For what it's worth a close friend of mine who has no interest in the swans met Bony in his restaurant recently , and when asked what he thought of Monk as a manager he said , it didn't matter what he thought as he doesn't expect to be playing here this season . Please don't shoot the messenger I'm just posting what I heard and have no reason to disbelieve him.
Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:56 - Aug 5 with 1202 viewsTom1912

Bony Speculation Rumbles On on 15:08 - Aug 5 by Uxbridge

I'd agree but it's flawed logic to say we don't need to extend because we haven't sold out the least attractive game of the season 3 weeks beforehand. We could sell 5-10,000 more tickets at least half the time pretty easily, more even, and that's without even discussing the long overdue reduction in ticket prices.

Previous offers such as Kids for a Quid aren't possible anymore. I believe the director's are keen to bring back that kind of thing once the expansion is in place.

Excess capacity will help the board hook more fans in for the future. The results won't always be immediate but it will be worth it in the long run.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024