Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Riga speaks and it is telling 20:54 - Aug 7 with 9556 viewshertfordseasider

Just watched the Sky Sports review of the new season and they had Jose on live. He came across very very well, but it was obvious that he has been completely had over by the utter hunt in charge. He said he hadn't got any of his original targets and refused to be drawn on his relationship with Karl but couldn't help smiling.

For those of you getting ll dewy eyed about the new season, wipe those eyes and then open them. Karl has hamstrung Jose and the club, he is clearly just getting on with it as well as he can, nd if he is still manager by the end of August I will eat my computer!

We have bought in a rag tag of players compared to other teams and although some may sound good, we have injury concerns with some, attitude problems with others. I am sure Riga will get them playing nicely but he should have been allowed to sign the players he really wanted.

I can't stick KO and I hate what he has done to our club, I won't be happy now until he is removed along with his old man, from the club, until then I will support the team and manager of course but my heart has had a red hot knife thrust and twisted in it by this odious family in charge.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 20:57 - Aug 7 with 7434 viewsOldSkool

Well said Hertford. A good description of his body language and what was said.

The club is just an Oyston business milking the club.
Return the Cash Cow to the community.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 20:59]
Riga speaks and it is telling on 21:11 - Aug 7 with 7350 viewsrockbriggs

Riga speaks and it is telling on 20:57 - Aug 7 by OldSkool

Well said Hertford. A good description of his body language and what was said.

The club is just an Oyston business milking the club.
Return the Cash Cow to the community.

[Post edited 7 Aug 2014 20:59]

Hertford. With you 100% hate oyston but bfc is my life
Riga speaks and it is telling on 21:28 - Aug 7 with 7278 viewsPoolSupporter

Riga speaks and it is telling on 21:11 - Aug 7 by rockbriggs

Hertford. With you 100% hate oyston but bfc is my life

You'll be eating that computer for sure
Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:00 - Aug 7 with 7196 viewsBlackpoolRBack

Do you want fries with that computer Herts?

Just watched the Riga interview and he is one determined, thoughtful guy. The only way he will leave is when some club pots their manager and pays compo to take him off us. More cash for the Oystains and the multitude of fictitious companies
Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:26 - Aug 7 with 7100 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Well you are entitled to your opinion Pete. It's a shame you feel the need to lecture everyone else about how they interpret his remarks, and how they feel about the year ahead. Your opinion about the players may be proved to be right, but I think it's illuminating that you choose to focus on perceived negatives in their make up. Would it kill you to be hopeful, or even upbeat ?

I think you've boxed yourself into a corner over the manager's position, haven't you? I'd love to watch you eat your computer even if it is only an appetiser.

As for that last paragraph - ridiculously over the top. You and I have been over this ground before, but really…..

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:42 - Aug 7 with 7043 viewsOsbourne

hertfordseasider,
I enjoyed your piece.
I agreed with maybe 90% of what you said.
It's fantastic to hear from Jose Riga.
One has got to feel for him!

I think we are going to win at Forest, I really do.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:50 - Aug 7 with 7009 viewshertfordseasider

Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:26 - Aug 7 by basilrobbiereborn

Well you are entitled to your opinion Pete. It's a shame you feel the need to lecture everyone else about how they interpret his remarks, and how they feel about the year ahead. Your opinion about the players may be proved to be right, but I think it's illuminating that you choose to focus on perceived negatives in their make up. Would it kill you to be hopeful, or even upbeat ?

I think you've boxed yourself into a corner over the manager's position, haven't you? I'd love to watch you eat your computer even if it is only an appetiser.

As for that last paragraph - ridiculously over the top. You and I have been over this ground before, but really…..

I don't feel upbeat though Robbie, not at all, so why should i say I do if I don't. I do have hope though, hope that we have new owners sometime this season.

I have never felt so deflated before a season started. It's not the players, I will always support the players, and we may have some good ones, it is the last 24 months, month after month after month of KO destroying the club, you may not agree with that but for me its as clear as the nose on your face and I have had enough of him.

I don't see the last paragraph as OTT at all, it is how I feel. I can't stand them and I don't want them in charge of the club I have supported for 43 years.

I have my reasons for feeling like this but I can't put them on here.

I also don't think I am alone in interpreting his remarks as I did am I, but you seem to have chosen me to pick up on.

I will be posting on the old site from now on, this isn't a patch on it I am afraid, but good luck with it.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:53 - Aug 7 with 6996 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

Yep - Basil avftt isn't my thing either.

Back to the old site. Far busier than this ghost town.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

Login to get fewer ads

Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:54 - Aug 7 with 6984 viewsLytham_FY8

I think the last paragraph is quite restrained, my feelings for the owners of this club are far, far worse.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:19 - Aug 7 with 6904 viewsRusty2Stands

Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:50 - Aug 7 by hertfordseasider

I don't feel upbeat though Robbie, not at all, so why should i say I do if I don't. I do have hope though, hope that we have new owners sometime this season.

I have never felt so deflated before a season started. It's not the players, I will always support the players, and we may have some good ones, it is the last 24 months, month after month after month of KO destroying the club, you may not agree with that but for me its as clear as the nose on your face and I have had enough of him.

I don't see the last paragraph as OTT at all, it is how I feel. I can't stand them and I don't want them in charge of the club I have supported for 43 years.

I have my reasons for feeling like this but I can't put them on here.

I also don't think I am alone in interpreting his remarks as I did am I, but you seem to have chosen me to pick up on.

I will be posting on the old site from now on, this isn't a patch on it I am afraid, but good luck with it.

Good post herts. I can't disagree with anything you said.
And no I don't think your last paragraph was over the top at all.
As someone just mentioned over on the 'real' forum, they should rename this forum AVFTM...........Another View From The Moderator.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:35 - Aug 7 with 6870 viewsjuniorbents_clogs

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:19 - Aug 7 by Rusty2Stands

Good post herts. I can't disagree with anything you said.
And no I don't think your last paragraph was over the top at all.
As someone just mentioned over on the 'real' forum, they should rename this forum AVFTM...........Another View From The Moderator.

'I can't stick KO and I hate what he has done to our club, I won't be happy now until he is removed along with his old man, from the club, until then I will support the team and manager of course but my heart has had a red hot knife thrust and twisted in it by this odious family in charge.'

Fully agree with your sentiments herts. You missed out odious t.wats though.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:50 - Aug 7 with 6846 viewsrealistic

hertfordseasider

Firstly you do well to carry yourself as you do, under the constant riducule and attacks from a bloke who clearly enjoys taunting you.

As you can see, the majority agree with you, and you are entitled to your opinion and it doesn't read as you are lecturing all and sundry either.

This is a decent forum, and may take a little getting used too, but the actions of a certain individual could well alianate and kill it off before it has a chance to get started.

My sympathy would lie with the individuals who have put time, money and effort into this new forum, with the hope of making a small return, as you have an individual employed, who is intent on upsetting and peddling his often nasty and vindictive agenda.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 0:22]

''quod saveris metes''

Riga speaks and it is telling on 01:05 - Aug 8 with 6772 viewsTangiverse

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:50 - Aug 7 by realistic

hertfordseasider

Firstly you do well to carry yourself as you do, under the constant riducule and attacks from a bloke who clearly enjoys taunting you.

As you can see, the majority agree with you, and you are entitled to your opinion and it doesn't read as you are lecturing all and sundry either.

This is a decent forum, and may take a little getting used too, but the actions of a certain individual could well alianate and kill it off before it has a chance to get started.

My sympathy would lie with the individuals who have put time, money and effort into this new forum, with the hope of making a small return, as you have an individual employed, who is intent on upsetting and peddling his often nasty and vindictive agenda.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 0:22]

Ignore BRB Hearts everyone else does. His stance is about as convincing as KOKO's explanation of why he paid Daddy £11m.

“Squires Gate is, as has been well documented, inadequate in its current form. It’s unlikely there’s anything we could do there that would make that place fit for our purpose” KO 2004

Riga speaks and it is telling on 01:07 - Aug 8 with 6770 viewsmrmagoo

Riga speaks and it is telling on 01:05 - Aug 8 by Tangiverse

Ignore BRB Hearts everyone else does. His stance is about as convincing as KOKO's explanation of why he paid Daddy £11m.

Transcript for those who can't view the video

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s608
Riga speaks and it is telling on 06:26 - Aug 8 with 6699 viewsHooleys

Riga speaks and it is telling on 01:07 - Aug 8 by mrmagoo

Transcript for those who can't view the video

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s608

Every manager wants a pre season!!
A telling statement!
He's working under a man who seems to put saving money ahead of building and preparing properly for the season!I really do wish he would put football first its not a lot to ask surely. We(99% of us)don't want us to spend loads just to make an attempt to move the club forward!
For a buiseness man I find it strange that he's got us to a level ,but doesn't really try to too hard (or at all)to aim higher.

That said I think riga sounds like he'll be around longer than August!
And even under the financial restraints he's working under,theres a hint of optimism (more so if Orlandi signs and stays fit)

Its such a shame that under different stewardship we could possibly have had a better last 24 months, Karl said he had learnt from mistakes,but to me it looks like he's getting worse not better.probably saved a lot of money this summer.but at what cost!
I actually think he's employed a good manager and had he backed him properly we could of had an exciting season. We may still ,all clubs have a pre season,and have it for a reason (you hear top players say how important it is to have a good preseason to make sure youre fit and stay fit)with the players injury records and appearances over recent years I hope the lack of preseason doesnt come back to haunt us!time will tell.

I actually would of preferred season tickets at £400 and players in early. And Joses targets .
Riga speaks and it is telling on 07:29 - Aug 8 with 6649 viewsPoolSupporter

Riga speaks and it is telling on 06:26 - Aug 8 by Hooleys

Every manager wants a pre season!!
A telling statement!
He's working under a man who seems to put saving money ahead of building and preparing properly for the season!I really do wish he would put football first its not a lot to ask surely. We(99% of us)don't want us to spend loads just to make an attempt to move the club forward!
For a buiseness man I find it strange that he's got us to a level ,but doesn't really try to too hard (or at all)to aim higher.

That said I think riga sounds like he'll be around longer than August!
And even under the financial restraints he's working under,theres a hint of optimism (more so if Orlandi signs and stays fit)

Its such a shame that under different stewardship we could possibly have had a better last 24 months, Karl said he had learnt from mistakes,but to me it looks like he's getting worse not better.probably saved a lot of money this summer.but at what cost!
I actually think he's employed a good manager and had he backed him properly we could of had an exciting season. We may still ,all clubs have a pre season,and have it for a reason (you hear top players say how important it is to have a good preseason to make sure youre fit and stay fit)with the players injury records and appearances over recent years I hope the lack of preseason doesnt come back to haunt us!time will tell.

I actually would of preferred season tickets at £400 and players in early. And Joses targets .

Riga is just getting on with it and being a thorough professional and he will be here for the duration - no question as the players coming in have signed as a result of him and Noel Blake's enthusiasm and knowledge of the game and that's very positive.

The Oyston's are not leaving either though and people can wish,hope or protest until they are blue in the face but nothing is changing at the top anytime soon.
Karl is Karl and he won't be budged - I don't like him but it's his father who, for me, is the most culpable - it's still his business and his less than savoury image tarnishes the good name of Blackpool Football Club.
Riga and his new staff and team deserve our full support because despite the pathetic lack of preparation and last minute dealings, this new set up is far better than the one in place 12 months ago. Paul Ince was a dreadful appointment and that was totally down to Karl, but the shocking football was down to the manager, as was the almost total destruction of form and attitude in his son. Thankfully that horror show on display at Bloomfield Road has long gone and this new team could be very successful with 4 or so additions.
It's a pity some people on here are that fed up they end up sounding as if they want it to fail on the pitch just to prove Oyston wrong and themselves right.
I want a successful and entertaining team to be proud of much more than I despise the Oyston's and my rallying call would be to not let them stop you from enthusing about what could be a good side in Tangerine !!!

UTMP
Riga speaks and it is telling on 07:56 - Aug 8 with 6618 viewsSouthshorepool

Riga speaks and it is telling on 07:29 - Aug 8 by PoolSupporter

Riga is just getting on with it and being a thorough professional and he will be here for the duration - no question as the players coming in have signed as a result of him and Noel Blake's enthusiasm and knowledge of the game and that's very positive.

The Oyston's are not leaving either though and people can wish,hope or protest until they are blue in the face but nothing is changing at the top anytime soon.
Karl is Karl and he won't be budged - I don't like him but it's his father who, for me, is the most culpable - it's still his business and his less than savoury image tarnishes the good name of Blackpool Football Club.
Riga and his new staff and team deserve our full support because despite the pathetic lack of preparation and last minute dealings, this new set up is far better than the one in place 12 months ago. Paul Ince was a dreadful appointment and that was totally down to Karl, but the shocking football was down to the manager, as was the almost total destruction of form and attitude in his son. Thankfully that horror show on display at Bloomfield Road has long gone and this new team could be very successful with 4 or so additions.
It's a pity some people on here are that fed up they end up sounding as if they want it to fail on the pitch just to prove Oyston wrong and themselves right.
I want a successful and entertaining team to be proud of much more than I despise the Oyston's and my rallying call would be to not let them stop you from enthusing about what could be a good side in Tangerine !!!

UTMP

I think you're wrong about Riga Pete. He'll see out this season I reckon.
Realistic. Nice defence but they are part of the same group of friends.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Riga speaks and it is telling on 08:15 - Aug 8 with 6586 viewsCurryman

Riga speaks and it is telling on 07:56 - Aug 8 by Southshorepool

I think you're wrong about Riga Pete. He'll see out this season I reckon.
Realistic. Nice defence but they are part of the same group of friends.

I think we have a good top manager in the hot seat, his comment saying I have never been relegated and don't intend to start this season (rough quote) says it all for me.

Watch us go not him.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Riga speaks and it is telling on 08:28 - Aug 8 with 6558 viewsdaveclayt

Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:26 - Aug 7 by basilrobbiereborn

Patronising, pathetic, snivelling and utterly cringeworthy.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 08:34 - Aug 8 with 6541 viewsanexmanager

Riga speaks and it is telling on 08:28 - Aug 8 by daveclayt

Patronising, pathetic, snivelling and utterly cringeworthy.

I'd rather die on my feet Than keep living on my knees

Riga speaks and it is telling on 09:09 - Aug 8 with 6499 viewssteve_g

Riga speaks and it is telling on 08:34 - Aug 8 by anexmanager

Dave - "Patronising, pathetic, snivelling and utterly cringeworthy"

What are you referring to? Be surprised if that's about Riga - I thought he came across very well. Actually sounded like a proper manager after the last 3 numpties we've had on board!

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Riga speaks and it is telling on 09:14 - Aug 8 with 6485 viewsanexmanager

Riga speaks and it is telling on 09:09 - Aug 8 by steve_g

What are you referring to? Be surprised if that's about Riga - I thought he came across very well. Actually sounded like a proper manager after the last 3 numpties we've had on board!

You have no idea how this works have you steve !

I'd rather die on my feet Than keep living on my knees

Riga speaks and it is telling on 09:47 - Aug 8 with 6444 viewsWindyMiller

Riga speaks and it is telling on 09:14 - Aug 8 by anexmanager

You have no idea how this works have you steve !

Riga is the one thing that has kept my hopes alive over summer and I get the feeling if not for the O's but for the fans and his own pride he'll make sure this won't fail.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

Riga speaks and it is telling on 10:48 - Aug 8 with 6384 viewsdaveclayt

Riga speaks and it is telling on 09:09 - Aug 8 by steve_g

I was most definitely referring to the post from basilrobbiereborn, not the interview.

Edit to add: It's not that post alone, it's every post he makes that seems to be picking fights with anyone that dares say anything negative about the Oystons.

Our club has been thrown into the spotlight due to this family blatantly and unapologetically asset stripping and strangling the life out of it, giving the squad (which is still weak, by the way) a worse chance than the other 23 in the league of competing, especially in the early games. All to save a few bob. How does this not upset him? How can he deem it acceptable?

Further edit: The quote function on this new site is for quoting the post you're referring to. If your reply is intended for the OP or just the general thread, then you should click reply on the OP
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 11:58]
Riga speaks and it is telling on 11:19 - Aug 8 with 6354 viewsalberttatlock

Riga speaks and it is telling on 10:48 - Aug 8 by daveclayt

I was most definitely referring to the post from basilrobbiereborn, not the interview.

Edit to add: It's not that post alone, it's every post he makes that seems to be picking fights with anyone that dares say anything negative about the Oystons.

Our club has been thrown into the spotlight due to this family blatantly and unapologetically asset stripping and strangling the life out of it, giving the squad (which is still weak, by the way) a worse chance than the other 23 in the league of competing, especially in the early games. All to save a few bob. How does this not upset him? How can he deem it acceptable?

Further edit: The quote function on this new site is for quoting the post you're referring to. If your reply is intended for the OP or just the general thread, then you should click reply on the OP
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 11:58]

i agree the post from bazgobbie is spiteful and actually shows why the club is in a mess,people like him are oneeyed when it comes to oyston . as long as he has is day out in the poc

'envy of the league' - idiot

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024