Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Riga speaks and it is telling 20:54 - Aug 7 with 9582 viewshertfordseasider

Just watched the Sky Sports review of the new season and they had Jose on live. He came across very very well, but it was obvious that he has been completely had over by the utter hunt in charge. He said he hadn't got any of his original targets and refused to be drawn on his relationship with Karl but couldn't help smiling.

For those of you getting ll dewy eyed about the new season, wipe those eyes and then open them. Karl has hamstrung Jose and the club, he is clearly just getting on with it as well as he can, nd if he is still manager by the end of August I will eat my computer!

We have bought in a rag tag of players compared to other teams and although some may sound good, we have injury concerns with some, attitude problems with others. I am sure Riga will get them playing nicely but he should have been allowed to sign the players he really wanted.

I can't stick KO and I hate what he has done to our club, I won't be happy now until he is removed along with his old man, from the club, until then I will support the team and manager of course but my heart has had a red hot knife thrust and twisted in it by this odious family in charge.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 12:09 - Aug 8 with 1045 viewsBlade01

Riga speaks and it is telling on 11:19 - Aug 8 by alberttatlock

i agree the post from bazgobbie is spiteful and actually shows why the club is in a mess,people like him are oneeyed when it comes to oyston . as long as he has is day out in the poc

I think the Oyston's missed a massive opportunity.

Most football fans if they are like me, don't really care who is the Chairman and are pretty blase about how they got their money in the first place. In business there's rarely much black and white, more shades of grey.

All the average football fan wants is whoever is in charge to back the Manager and sign players suitable to the job. There is plenty of middle ground between spending nothing and bankrupting the club.

I have no coaching badges, no professional experience with any club. What I do have is 35 years of watching football and being immersed in its many aspects. that all leads me to the opinion that signing players last minute and not having a proper pre-season is at best a high risk strategy, at worst a recipe for disaster.

I find it puzzling that a family who deal in property, cannot see the value in investing in decent training facilities (not to mention signs that are spelt right!) Done properly it can present a decent long term income stream, and a valuable community asset.

Casting a glance at your signings, there are some good ones. But preperation is everything.

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

Riga speaks and it is telling on 12:15 - Aug 8 with 1042 viewsa_view_from_the_sofa

Good o/p, it is clear what the Oystons intentions are, if you cannot see it by now you are not an optimist, you are a deluded fool. It seems Riga has worked out the o's quite quickly but seems to have a stubborn streak himself. For me though it is only a matter of time before Karl pushes him too far and he walks.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 12:37 - Aug 8 with 1018 viewshertfordseasider

Riga speaks and it is telling on 12:15 - Aug 8 by a_view_from_the_sofa

Good o/p, it is clear what the Oystons intentions are, if you cannot see it by now you are not an optimist, you are a deluded fool. It seems Riga has worked out the o's quite quickly but seems to have a stubborn streak himself. For me though it is only a matter of time before Karl pushes him too far and he walks.

I never said he would walk or give in, htere are other ways he could go, which I think is more likely.

I hope he stays.

As for Robbie, I have known him for many years, he doesn't offend me in any way, we will discuss it all face t face soon, no doubt.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:10 - Aug 8 with 1006 viewsclappers

Riga speaks and it is telling on 12:09 - Aug 8 by Blade01

I think the Oyston's missed a massive opportunity.

Most football fans if they are like me, don't really care who is the Chairman and are pretty blase about how they got their money in the first place. In business there's rarely much black and white, more shades of grey.

All the average football fan wants is whoever is in charge to back the Manager and sign players suitable to the job. There is plenty of middle ground between spending nothing and bankrupting the club.

I have no coaching badges, no professional experience with any club. What I do have is 35 years of watching football and being immersed in its many aspects. that all leads me to the opinion that signing players last minute and not having a proper pre-season is at best a high risk strategy, at worst a recipe for disaster.

I find it puzzling that a family who deal in property, cannot see the value in investing in decent training facilities (not to mention signs that are spelt right!) Done properly it can present a decent long term income stream, and a valuable community asset.

Casting a glance at your signings, there are some good ones. But preperation is everything.

Blade, anyone who has ever worked for the Oystons will confirm what a rag-tag-and-bobtail outfit they are. EVERYTHING is done on a shoestring wherever possible, with underpaid, overworked employees treated like expendable disposable assets....witness the no attempts whatseoever to keep a manager that had proven he could work miracles with next to nothing finance wise.

They haven't a clue what to do other than TAKE. The Oystons have brought shame and chaos to a club that should be enjoying the fruits of Holloways labour and looking to the future with excitement. Instead we get Karl Oyston defending the indefensible with STUPID arguments that its either bankruptcy or Arkwright style expenditure levels.

This club will NEVER be right until they have been HOUNDED out. And they really do need hounding out.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:16 - Aug 8 with 998 viewsrealistic

Riga speaks and it is telling on 07:56 - Aug 8 by Southshorepool

I think you're wrong about Riga Pete. He'll see out this season I reckon.
Realistic. Nice defence but they are part of the same group of friends.

If I see someone being bullied, I'll do my best to defend them, thanks for the compliment though.

With friends like that, who needs enemies, it's constant attack and ridicule of hertfordseasider, but in fairness he takes it well.

Lets hope Riga stays for the long haul.

''quod saveris metes''

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:24 - Aug 8 with 991 viewsSouthshorepool

Riga speaks and it is telling on 12:37 - Aug 8 by hertfordseasider

I never said he would walk or give in, htere are other ways he could go, which I think is more likely.

I hope he stays.

As for Robbie, I have known him for many years, he doesn't offend me in any way, we will discuss it all face t face soon, no doubt.

Pete. You at Millwall?

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:46 - Aug 8 with 976 viewsBlade01

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:24 - Aug 8 by Southshorepool

Pete. You at Millwall?

I know Clappers mate, I just don't see why it has to be like it is. I'd just like to think if it was me, it'd be a little bit more than just about the bottom line. At some point even with all that money, I'd still care what people thought about me.

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:52 - Aug 8 with 970 viewsclappers

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:46 - Aug 8 by Blade01

I know Clappers mate, I just don't see why it has to be like it is. I'd just like to think if it was me, it'd be a little bit more than just about the bottom line. At some point even with all that money, I'd still care what people thought about me.

I think they did care until Owen's public shame. Now they couldn't care less. Hides of a rhino.

If you have the urge to stand and shout...it has to be for OYSTON OUT!

Login to get fewer ads

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:54 - Aug 8 with 964 viewsRusty2Stands

Riga speaks and it is telling on 11:19 - Aug 8 by alberttatlock

i agree the post from bazgobbie is spiteful and actually shows why the club is in a mess,people like him are oneeyed when it comes to oyston . as long as he has is day out in the poc

The two posts above go a long way to explaining why a lot of posters prefer to stay on the old site.
It's now self moderated and it's a far more pleasant environment without all the pompous and spiteful remarks flying around.
Most people don't appreciate being spoken down to and patronised.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:58 - Aug 8 with 964 viewsBlade01

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:52 - Aug 8 by clappers

I think they did care until Owen's public shame. Now they couldn't care less. Hides of a rhino.

But surely you would think there'd be a measure of redemption (at least in their own minds) if they could get things going again?

Other people who have had similar convictions, and far worse, have been welcomed back into the game. The rights or wrongs of that are another debate for another time, but the fact is they did come back.

Riga speaks and it is telling on 14:44 - Aug 8 with 949 viewshertfordseasider

Riga speaks and it is telling on 13:46 - Aug 8 by Blade01

Yes Mark, but I am hoping to come to the Blackburn game next weekend if I can.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 14:48 - Aug 8 with 943 viewsSouthshorepool

Riga speaks and it is telling on 14:44 - Aug 8 by hertfordseasider

Good stuff. I' ll be able to bore you to death on how good bands like 'dinosaurs are shit dragon's are.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Riga speaks and it is telling on 14:49 - Aug 8 with 942 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Riga speaks and it is telling on 14:44 - Aug 8 by hertfordseasider

The question has to be asked why did he travel to a Manchester studio for a multi billion pound sports network and yet couldn't be bothered talking to the local journos.

Now .. where's the cash smilie!

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Riga speaks and it is telling on 15:00 - Aug 8 with 930 viewsBlade01

Riga speaks and it is telling on 14:49 - Aug 8 by Happy_Satsuma

The question has to be asked why did he travel to a Manchester studio for a multi billion pound sports network and yet couldn't be bothered talking to the local journos.

Now .. where's the cash smilie!

Rusty, I'm not seeing where I spoke down to or patronised anyone. If I did it was totally unintentional.

Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:47 - Aug 8 with 912 viewsMr_Brightside

Riga speaks and it is telling on 15:00 - Aug 8 by Blade01

Rusty, I'm not seeing where I spoke down to or patronised anyone. If I did it was totally unintentional.

Did someone say that Riga was on Radio Wave this morning .. anyone hear it and if so what did the great man have to say?

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:43 - Aug 8 with 878 viewsbrassedoff

With regards to the original targets, I wonder if we'll ever find out who they were and how good they were. It seems to me that he has brought in more European players than any previous manager and it would be interesting to know how far down his list he had to go.

Riga's silence would suggest that we'll never know and that may or may not work to his advantage.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:48 - Aug 8 with 874 viewsstu

Almost forgot there's an ignore button.

Tangerine is the new black

Riga speaks and it is telling on 07:45 - Aug 9 with 848 viewsRusty2Stands

Riga speaks and it is telling on 15:00 - Aug 8 by Blade01

Blade, not aimed at you mate. Far from it, you're a good poster imo.
My post ended up further down the page then I anticipated.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 10:23 - Aug 9 with 838 viewsSTHolder

Hertford - that last line of your post sums it up for me perfectly

I can't stick KO and I hate what he has done to our club, I won't be happy now until he is removed along with his old man, from the club, until then I will support the team and manager of course but my heart has had a red hot knife thrust and twisted in it by this odious family in charge.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 11:46 - Aug 9 with 831 viewsrealistic

Riga speaks and it is telling on 10:23 - Aug 9 by STHolder

Hertford - that last line of your post sums it up for me perfectly

Most agree with this and what hertford said, only the obvious ones still defend and want to see the Oyston family do well.

''quod saveris metes''

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:02 - Aug 9 with 800 viewshertfordseasider

Riga speaks and it is telling on 22:26 - Aug 7 by basilrobbiereborn

Well you are entitled to your opinion Pete. It's a shame you feel the need to lecture everyone else about how they interpret his remarks, and how they feel about the year ahead. Your opinion about the players may be proved to be right, but I think it's illuminating that you choose to focus on perceived negatives in their make up. Would it kill you to be hopeful, or even upbeat ?

I think you've boxed yourself into a corner over the manager's position, haven't you? I'd love to watch you eat your computer even if it is only an appetiser.

As for that last paragraph - ridiculously over the top. You and I have been over this ground before, but really…..

My end of August prediction doesn't seem so strange now does it? Not after today's shenanigans!

KO doesn't want Riga her but he would rather get him to walk than sack him. He has sold the season tickets off the back of his appointment and he is surplus to requirements now.

In fact I would say my post was a lot more balanced than your condescending bull 5hit!
Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:07 - Aug 9 with 799 viewsBFC_Tim

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:02 - Aug 9 by hertfordseasider

My end of August prediction doesn't seem so strange now does it? Not after today's shenanigans!

KO doesn't want Riga her but he would rather get him to walk than sack him. He has sold the season tickets off the back of his appointment and he is surplus to requirements now.

In fact I would say my post was a lot more balanced than your condescending bull 5hit!

Hertford - I think we are entering a period of massive uncertainty - if Riga gets in a few extra players and we start to win games and he gains plaudits then I reckon he'll stay, try and get a name for himself as someone who has pulled this club in disaster to a good position and then get himself another job as soon as one comes up.

However, if he realises that he has a dead duck on his hands and isn't getting the results then I agree he'll bale!

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:09 - Aug 9 with 795 viewsrealistic

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:02 - Aug 9 by hertfordseasider

Very well said herts, the guy is a buffoon, and I am afraid his attitude and aloof personality have caught up on him.

Don't let him bully you into not putting your very well made points across.

''quod saveris metes''

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:26 - Aug 9 with 788 viewstde74

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:09 - Aug 9 by realistic

Very well said herts, the guy is a buffoon, and I am afraid his attitude and aloof personality have caught up on him.

Don't let him bully you into not putting your very well made points across.

This is your first and only warning to let it go and cease any personal attacks.

You were banned, from memory... 19? 20? times from the old place. Don't think everything you've said over the last couple of days has gone unnoticed. This is an opportunity to turn over a new leaf and let bygones be bygones. Your choice.

If you wish to reply, PM me so the thread isn't derailed further.
Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:33 - Aug 9 with 776 viewshertfordseasider

Riga speaks and it is telling on 23:26 - Aug 9 by tde74

This is your first and only warning to let it go and cease any personal attacks.

You were banned, from memory... 19? 20? times from the old place. Don't think everything you've said over the last couple of days has gone unnoticed. This is an opportunity to turn over a new leaf and let bygones be bygones. Your choice.

If you wish to reply, PM me so the thread isn't derailed further.

Who are you talking too??
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024