Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters 14:32 - Aug 8 with 8745 viewsDavillin

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters

First and foremost, I'm writing about a tiny minority of posters on PlanetSwans. There are dozens of posters who are always courteous even in contention, and who not only disagree with me, often vigorously, but teach me while doing so, and there is another huge block of posters who can and do remain courteous at all times, even when not contending.

But, oh, the madness of some posters on PlanetSwans. One poster insults or disparages another poster, or misrepresents another poster's words, and the poster so put-upon blocks him. And who gets blamed for -- what? being inconsiderate? -- not the insulter, but the insulted.

What is offensive here? Blocking one who can't be civil? Or letting it be known that someone has been blocked?

Why is there an "ignore" feature on PlanetSwans? As a condiment to be put on hot dogs, perhaps? To be cut out and hung on a Christmas Tree (with apologies for bringing religion into this)?

As hard as this might be for a few to understand, I do not post on here or read posts in order to watch human beings attacking each other like rabid dogs. I do so in order to share thoughts about the Swans, to be amused by Welsh humour, and to engage in some intelligent discussions about important matters.

I do not appreciate foul language replacing argument, or being treated discourteously, or having my words twisted and the dishonest "misinterpretation" being used as if I said it. Those are the basic reasons why I block someone. Not having to read them helps me to maintain my peace of mind -- probably the main goal of my life in these troubled days.

To be quite honest, I would be deeply grateful to all of those who have either an unkind, sometimes even hateful, attitude toward me, or who feel intimidated [which is their fault, not mine], just block me! Please.

Unlike a few on here who think ill of me for blocking, I will appreciate being blocked. Even being told. Especially being told.

How often recently have we read many posters expressing concern about the deterioration of the discourse on PlanetSwans? So, let's start another "campaign." Everyone block people who are discourteous and twist words.

There would be two worthwhile results: (1) peace of mind for the blocker, and (2) shut down the real offenders -- kinda like voting them out with the "ignore" button.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:23 - Aug 8 with 1191 viewsDavillin

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:17 - Aug 8 by dickythorpe

Dav needs to chill out.

Trust me, I'm always more chilled out than anyone you know. Including now.

You don't know me at all, certainly not well enough to tell me how to behave on PlanetSwans. Ice in my veins and an ice-cold heart.

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:25 - Aug 8 with 1183 viewsperchrockjack

Hope you not plagiarising hank there tone

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

On on 19:26 - Aug 8 with 1178 viewsllangyfelach

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:18 - Aug 8 by Davillin

Do you [or "did you" as appropriate] speak like that to your grandmothers?

[Sorry for putting you in a logical and ethical knight's fork, there.]

All my grandparents passed away before I got to know them, old bean. Clearly this has given me my "dockers mouth". Although I do know that Nanna Myfanwy knew a risqué song about a leek and a funny misunderstanding, but sadly the full content didn't get passed down the generations, which is why I improvise like a bastard I suppose
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 19:36]

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:27 - Aug 8 with 1178 viewsPhil_S

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:23 - Aug 8 by perchrockjack

Like a car crash phil is that attitude. You know you shouldn't but you do

Not if you have self control

Not criticising people that do place people on ignore I just dont see the point
On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:27 - Aug 8 with 1177 viewsDavillin

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:25 - Aug 8 by perchrockjack

Hope you not plagiarising hank there tone

Almost. You got me. He wrote "cold, cold," not "cold hard."

Proof ->

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:28 - Aug 8 with 1173 viewsperchrockjack

Of course but it was a fair trap

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:31 - Aug 8 with 1160 viewsDavillin

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:28 - Aug 8 by perchrockjack

Of course but it was a fair trap

I was just a teenager when that song first came out. Perhaps an unfair advantage sometimes, this old age thing.

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:35 - Aug 8 with 1154 viewsphact0rri

if Ignoring is what you have to do, thats fine. Creating a thread, to continue the onslaught of people complaining about other people that seems a bit much.

Granted seems to be more "I hate people" threads than threads about the football club. Which I think might speak volumes. Its like two fractions going at it.. with the rest of us just getting some quality entertainment from people who take things to seriously.

I mean its only sport. If it bothers one so much... there are better places to go for Swans news.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

On on 19:35 - Aug 8 with 1153 viewsdickythorpe

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 19:23 - Aug 8 by Davillin

Trust me, I'm always more chilled out than anyone you know. Including now.

You don't know me at all, certainly not well enough to tell me how to behave on PlanetSwans. Ice in my veins and an ice-cold heart.

See Dav, there you are telling me not to tell you how to behave, when all along you are trying to tell the rest of us how to post.

You get tremendously wound up on here, otherwise you wouldn't post as often as you do.

"You don't know me at all".....well old pal that works both ways.

I wish you a good day.
On on 19:40 - Aug 8 with 1133 viewsJackoBoostardo

On on 19:35 - Aug 8 by dickythorpe

See Dav, there you are telling me not to tell you how to behave, when all along you are trying to tell the rest of us how to post.

You get tremendously wound up on here, otherwise you wouldn't post as often as you do.

I wish you a good day.

I used to like Dav.

Now I think he's just condescending and arrogant in his posts. Which is a shame.

Sorry to say it dicky - but you're probably blocked too now.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

On on 19:44 - Aug 8 with 1131 viewsdickythorpe

On on 19:40 - Aug 8 by JackoBoostardo

I used to like Dav.

Now I think he's just condescending and arrogant in his posts. Which is a shame.

Sorry to say it dicky - but you're probably blocked too now.

I am sober at the mo. Dav doesn't realise ( just as probably most of us don't) who is just messing about.

Serious posts can be obvious, but tongue in cheek comments are taken tremendously seriously by him, as his standards must be met on here.

He becomes a target and can't work out why ( not just him either)

I bid all on here a pleasant evening and great weekend.

[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 19:45]
On on 19:48 - Aug 8 with 1127 viewsApeShit

I wish you a good day.

I was thinking the same thing, telling people how to behave on PlanetSwans and then saying don't tell him how to behave on PlanetSwans?!

I don't see the point in blocking people, if you don't like what people say just ignore them and keep it moving.
On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 20:31 - Aug 8 with 1096 viewsperchrockjack

Well he don't condescend. Me. He certainly don't insult any poster, no player, no manager and is able to speak from a varied life.

No wonder he s getting stick...

On on 20:37 - Aug 8 with 1086 viewsDavillin

I wish you a good day.

No. I am trying to tell people either how NOT to behave on a public forum, or how to post courteously.

Courtesy is lost on a fair few posters on here, and you know that.

It's my forum as much as it is anyone else's. I have a right to post what I want as long as I don't breach the rules of the site. I don't. Others shouldn't.

I'm not your "pal," and don't plan to be.

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 20:40 - Aug 8 with 1077 viewsperchrockjack

People have posted stuff consistently and persistently agiainst the rules and when it was pointed out Armageddon ensued.

On on 20:42 - Aug 8 with 1012 viewsdickythorpe

On on 20:37 - Aug 8 by Davillin

No. I am trying to tell people either how NOT to behave on a public forum, or how to post courteously.

Courtesy is lost on a fair few posters on here, and you know that.

It's my forum as much as it is anyone else's. I have a right to post what I want as long as I don't breach the rules of the site. I don't. Others shouldn't.

I'm not your "pal," and don't plan to be.

Lol.... " your not my pal and don't plan to be". Keep that ice in your veins from bubbling Dav.

Telling people how NOT to behave is still trying to enforce and dictate isn't it?

Dav, seriously think about your stress levels and who you are making your postings visible to.

Life is short. Shame we can't be pals. So much for your tolerance and superior wisdom.

As ever I wish you a good day.
On on 20:42 - Aug 8 with 1011 viewsDavillin

On on 19:48 - Aug 8 by ApeShit

I was thinking the same thing, telling people how to behave on PlanetSwans and then saying don't tell him how to behave on PlanetSwans?!

I don't see the point in blocking people, if you don't like what people say just ignore them and keep it moving.

I'd be very grateful if you would show me where I said not to tell me "how to behave on PlanetSwans."

You have every right to "just ignore them and keep it moving," just as I have every right to block whom I please, for reasons I choose. I don't see the point in having to read a post, or even part of a post, to decide whether I want to ignore it.

On on 20:43 - Aug 8 with 1007 viewsDavillin

On on 19:26 - Aug 8 by llangyfelach

All my grandparents passed away before I got to know them, old bean. Clearly this has given me my "dockers mouth". Although I do know that Nanna Myfanwy knew a risqué song about a leek and a funny misunderstanding, but sadly the full content didn't get passed down the generations, which is why I improvise like a bastard I suppose

Well played, "old bean."

On on 20:44 - Aug 8 with 1007 viewsdickythorpe

On on 20:42 - Aug 8 by Davillin

I'd be very grateful if you would show me where I said not to tell me "how to behave on PlanetSwans."

You have every right to "just ignore them and keep it moving," just as I have every right to block whom I please, for reasons I choose. I don't see the point in having to read a post, or even part of a post, to decide whether I want to ignore it.

Good night Dav. Chill out seriously.
On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 20:45 - Aug 8 with 1002 viewsperchrockjack

Dick.
With respect he s hardly boiling up.
Bear in mind who and what is posted on here in the name of wit

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 20:47 - Aug 8 with 999 viewsdickythorpe

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 20:45 - Aug 8 by perchrockjack

Dick.
With respect he s hardly boiling up.
Bear in mind who and what is posted on here in the name of wit

Rich.
I seriously am worried about him.
He is beginning to attack the poster and nOT tHE pOSt
On on 20:48 - Aug 8 with 995 viewsDavillin

On on 20:44 - Aug 8 by dickythorpe

Good night Dav. Chill out seriously.

For goddess' sake, block meE!

On on 20:50 - Aug 8 with 991 viewsdickythorpe

On on 20:48 - Aug 8 by Davillin

For goddess' sake, block meE!

Are you telling me how to "behave" or how NOT to behave?

Anyway here's some goddesses http://www.goddess-guide.com/goddess-names.html
On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 20:51 - Aug 8 with 988 viewsperchrockjack

Dick. Doubt it. He s good man

When the season starts I ll start a thread that will tempt those who are prone to post poison posts.

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 20:54 - Aug 8 with 983 viewsdickythorpe

On "Blocking" or "Ignoring" Posters on 20:51 - Aug 8 by perchrockjack

Dick. Doubt it. He s good man

When the season starts I ll start a thread that will tempt those who are prone to post poison posts.

I don't doubt it Perch.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024