Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
and it's goodnight from him 18:00 - Aug 8 with 3895 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Just a quick post from me to say that I've asked AVFTT to take me off the moderator roster with immediate effect.

I've been doing it for a bit over three years now and whilst it's been a pleasure for most of that time, in the last few months it has become less so as the club's support has become riven by different factions.

It's also clear that my personal style of moderating has become an issue for some people. I've sonly ever tried to represent the interests of the decent (and often silent) majority, but it is obviously a problem for some. I don't want my status to be an inhibiting factor for this new board, so in the interests of the forum as a whole I'm stepping down. As the saying goes, it will allow me more time to spend with my rather marvellous family.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 21:31]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

and it's goodnight from him on 18:03 - Aug 8 with 3310 viewsKoppite

Seeya

"What Goes Around Comes Around " & Oyston Will Get What He's Due!

and it's goodnight from him on 18:04 - Aug 8 with 3297 viewsAlfHooker

BRB,

I hope you didn't take things personal; it's all about opinions and you know the old saying.

Thanks for your troubles and enjoy the extra time you will now have..
and it's goodnight from him on 18:08 - Aug 8 with 3282 viewsBISONS

Its been a long time coming though hasn't it? Lets hope Oyston follows your splendid example of knowing when you're beaten.

Toodle pip!
and it's goodnight from him on 18:11 - Aug 8 with 3272 viewsOneDaveBamber

and it's goodnight from him on 18:08 - Aug 8 by BISONS

Its been a long time coming though hasn't it? Lets hope Oyston follows your splendid example of knowing when you're beaten.

Toodle pip!

Enjoy the extra free time.

Hopefully bump into you at an away match at some point.
and it's goodnight from him on 18:15 - Aug 8 with 3245 viewsseasider13

Thanks for your time and service robbie, i hope we will still get the match reports please.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

and it's goodnight from him on 18:15 - Aug 8 with 3239 viewsKoppite

and it's goodnight from him on 18:08 - Aug 8 by BISONS

Toodle pip!

Don't forget to properly log out from your Basbob (member status) username, before attempting to apply your mod skills, as you will need to re-log in using the AVFTT username (mod status) to apply your unique moderation talent!

"What Goes Around Comes Around " & Oyston Will Get What He's Due!

and it's goodnight from him on 18:18 - Aug 8 with 3223 viewsCurryman

and it's goodnight from him on 18:15 - Aug 8 by Koppite

Don't forget to properly log out from your Basbob (member status) username, before attempting to apply your mod skills, as you will need to re-log in using the AVFTT username (mod status) to apply your unique moderation talent!

There you are Robbie, you can now buy all your mates a pint without being accused of favouritism.

Shall i start the queue.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

and it's goodnight from him on 18:20 - Aug 8 with 3219 viewsbfc_bfc_bfc

I'm trying to avoid posting on here, but I'm afraid this one merits it IMO.

Not a great deal of class being shown on this thread so far as far as I can see.

You don't particularly need my support or probably want it Robbie, but as far as I'm concerned, your efforts to moderate our forum under very trying conditions were very much appreciated.

It's an shame that you have felt the need to make this decision for the benefit of others and as I said on the other forum, I think that shows exactly which way you roll.

Fair play to you mate...A respected poster and a proper Blackpool fan[Thumbs up Smiley]
Login to get fewer ads

and it's goodnight from him on 18:21 - Aug 8 with 3206 viewshirstian

Hi Robbie - I don't blame you. I've viewed the recent OTT vitriol with a degree of concern and there seem to be a lot of paranoid conspiracy theorists amongst some of the posters - the idea that you are making millions of bucks from moderating a fans board, seems a little bit fanciful to say the least....I was wondering why anybody would put themselves through this - life is too short.

Anyhow matey - good decision for your own sanity and hope to see you in a pub before the Millwall game.
and it's goodnight from him on 18:22 - Aug 8 with 3201 viewsLytham_FY8

and it's goodnight from him on 18:20 - Aug 8 by bfc_bfc_bfc

I'm trying to avoid posting on here, but I'm afraid this one merits it IMO.

Not a great deal of class being shown on this thread so far as far as I can see.

You don't particularly need my support or probably want it Robbie, but as far as I'm concerned, your efforts to moderate our forum under very trying conditions were very much appreciated.

It's an shame that you have felt the need to make this decision for the benefit of others and as I said on the other forum, I think that shows exactly which way you roll.

Fair play to you mate...A respected poster and a proper Blackpool fan[Thumbs up Smiley]

Amen.

I barely agree with him on anything, but the personal abuse he receives from people who have been signed up for five minutes is ridiculous. Talking as someone who's flounced himself, I've no idea how he put up with idiots like me for so long.

Long live Bazzle.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 18:25]

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

and it's goodnight from him on 18:37 - Aug 8 with 3137 viewsFountain

and it's goodnight from him on 18:22 - Aug 8 by Lytham_FY8

Amen.

I barely agree with him on anything, but the personal abuse he receives from people who have been signed up for five minutes is ridiculous. Talking as someone who's flounced himself, I've no idea how he put up with idiots like me for so long.

Long live Bazzle.

As i said elsewhere it's a thankless task doing the modding and overall Brr got more right than wrong.

So i thank you for that.

Apart from matchdays and fish he posts utter bilge, but hey ho

slap me on the patio

and it's goodnight from him on 18:37 - Aug 8 with 3136 viewsBfcDanny

Enjoy every moment with your family, and well..........meh......I will soon find a new mod to dislike.

Now you are no longer a mod I think I shall enjoy your musings.

Nowt queer as folk eh!!
and it's goodnight from him on 18:39 - Aug 8 with 3128 viewsbottle

and it's goodnight from him on 18:22 - Aug 8 by Lytham_FY8

Amen.

Long live Bazzle.

Thanks for the time you have spent doing the neigh on impossible - and perhaps only something that should be done by a faceless moderator who just ensures that lines are not stepped over - must be hard to have your own opinion and still try to stay balanced. You may have been at odds with a lot of people but I would say you were always fair.

I've always enjoyed your reports and the thought that goes into what you say and your sense of humour is second to none - something that's hard to get across in the written word. I cannot fault you undying support for the team and I've said it before, I've never met you I don't know you but I would happily sit and nurse a pint or two and listen to your stories Jackanory!

Please continue to contribute from the back benches and voice your opinion, nil illigitimus carborundum!
and it's goodnight from him on 18:50 - Aug 8 with 3083 viewsPoolman

Is this an attempt to get the first ton on AVFTT?!

It's a real shame that more haven't followed so far because this is a really excellent website and I'm sure your decision Robbie is partly down to the fact that there doesn't seem much need for moderation.

I have now made the move and having flicked between the two am getting nothing on the other board which has descended in to an unruly mess that posters here aren't supplying. I hope your 'Just got back' posts will continue as they are a highlight of post-match!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

and it's goodnight from him on 18:52 - Aug 8 with 3073 viewsTwelveAngryMen

and it's goodnight from him on 18:39 - Aug 8 by bottle

Thanks for the time you have spent doing the neigh on impossible - and perhaps only something that should be done by a faceless moderator who just ensures that lines are not stepped over - must be hard to have your own opinion and still try to stay balanced. You may have been at odds with a lot of people but I would say you were always fair.

I've always enjoyed your reports and the thought that goes into what you say and your sense of humour is second to none - something that's hard to get across in the written word. I cannot fault you undying support for the team and I've said it before, I've never met you I don't know you but I would happily sit and nurse a pint or two and listen to your stories Jackanory!

Please continue to contribute from the back benches and voice your opinion, nil illigitimus carborundum!

You've had a good innings at the crease Robbie - to use a Bloodism
Thankless task
Enjoy your retirement - I'll buy you a pint of real ale if I see you tomorrow
UTMP

#footballfirst

and it's goodnight from him on 19:01 - Aug 8 with 3045 viewsWizaard

It's been a very divisive couple of years and I think you've done your best in trying circumstances. It can't be easy to moderate when people are understandably emotive on the subject and therefore don't see what they might post be seen as libellous.

There are a lot of preconceptions that have been regurgitated once again on this thread.

Far too many have got that obsessed with Oyston they've forgotten about the football.

Keep posting as I know many appreciate your insight on the club.
and it's goodnight from him on 19:01 - Aug 8 with 3042 viewsHertsseasider

and it's goodnight from him on 18:52 - Aug 8 by TwelveAngryMen

You've had a good innings at the crease Robbie - to use a Bloodism
Thankless task
Enjoy your retirement - I'll buy you a pint of real ale if I see you tomorrow
UTMP

A good decision my friend. Take a break and come back err, reborn. See you in the morning.

"Schools Out London"

and it's goodnight from him on 19:02 - Aug 8 with 3041 viewsRusty2Stands

Rarely agree with anything you say Robbie, we've had one or two spats!
But thanks for doing what is a very difficult job and enjoy your time with the family.
and it's goodnight from him on 19:03 - Aug 8 with 3032 viewsgjr69

Thank you.
and it's goodnight from him on 19:26 - Aug 8 with 2963 viewsThe_Ghost

I suppose having been a poster for many years before becoming a moderator, you were always likely to gain some disapproval. I thought the moderating on the other board was a little harsh at times, but I think you did a decent job. Hope you enjoy your retirement.

Hirstian is exactly right when he pointed out the paranoid conspiracy theories and it's nice to see Realistic at least try to hide his contempt.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2014 19:27]
and it's goodnight from him on 19:30 - Aug 8 with 2949 viewsOdinsRaven

All the best and thanks for banning me for doing nothing at all whilst letting Phil re register about twenty times. If you had been more fair you would have more respect.

However as one human to another I applaud your decision to spend time with your family as its important.

Rags
and it's goodnight from him on 19:33 - Aug 8 with 2939 viewshertfordseasider

Your choice robbie. A thankless task in my opinion so enjoy your new formed time.

As I am now back at work full time, it is nice to be able to not check the board out until about 6pm, I was on here far too much.

I will hopefully see you in the POC a week tomorrow
and it's goodnight from him on 19:36 - Aug 8 with 2924 viewsAllezBlackpool

and it's goodnight from him on 19:33 - Aug 8 by hertfordseasider

Your choice robbie. A thankless task in my opinion so enjoy your new formed time.

As I am now back at work full time, it is nice to be able to not check the board out until about 6pm, I was on here far too much.

I will hopefully see you in the POC a week tomorrow

Please keep contributing with your fish threads Robbie

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

and it's goodnight from him on 21:17 - Aug 8 with 2796 viewsbfc1974

Could I remind all posters that personal slants on users past or present are uncalled for. Whatever your feelings/views on a particular user they are exactly that (keep them to yourself!).

If you post in a public forum the affected party has every right to follow this up in the real world. I have removed a post tonight to protect all parties both poster and affected user and would hope that users will see the fairness in this approach.

For the benefit of everyone please refrain from personal slants - obviously we can all take some mickey take but its knowing when to stop.

Before anyone says I was not approached by AVFTT to mod I asked to be a mod and like to think that I am neutral in all things BFC. That said I am human and will get things wrong!

UTMP
BFC1974

Illegitimi non Carborundum
Poll: Season tickets: Which did you buy? [if at all]

and it's goodnight from him on 21:25 - Aug 8 with 2778 viewsBloodtangerine

and it's goodnight from him on 21:17 - Aug 8 by bfc1974

Could I remind all posters that personal slants on users past or present are uncalled for. Whatever your feelings/views on a particular user they are exactly that (keep them to yourself!).

If you post in a public forum the affected party has every right to follow this up in the real world. I have removed a post tonight to protect all parties both poster and affected user and would hope that users will see the fairness in this approach.

For the benefit of everyone please refrain from personal slants - obviously we can all take some mickey take but its knowing when to stop.

Before anyone says I was not approached by AVFTT to mod I asked to be a mod and like to think that I am neutral in all things BFC. That said I am human and will get things wrong!

UTMP
BFC1974

Baz, end of an era.

Anytime you need a pint (even if that sh*** you lot drink) at an away game..it's on me

You have had a tough job on your hands for a long while and I imagine like most things you will be firstly relieved to be rid of the role, then miss it, then realise your first impulse was right!

Enjoy watching the Pool surprise a few this season hopefully....see you about big man x

This post has been edited by an administrator

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024