Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ 00:04 - Aug 9 with 22043 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:55 - Aug 9 with 1915 viewsJethroJack

Garry adopts Plan Z.......to lull Utd into a false sense of security.
Fancy a draw @ OT
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:56 - Aug 9 with 1897 viewsPozuelosSideys

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:54 - Aug 9 by Zut_Alors

Thing is lads, say we're losing 1-0 in a week or so — back in our usual formation — first thing people will be calling for come around 70mins is for Gomis to come on. So what formation do we go for then? Because taking Bony off isn't gonna be popular. Trying another formation now isn't a bad thing at all, not learning from it if it didn't work out is. After all, people used to slate Rodgers for only having a plan A.

Yeh, thing is, its quite possible that todays tactics are actually Plan A when we are at home. I can understand playing two up front then, but it is clearly nowhere near where we need it to be.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:57 - Aug 9 with 1886 viewsDaggyjack

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:26 - Aug 9 by mongtero

Monk out!

No but seriously this is embarrassing. Hopefully the Argentine joins and Fabianski settles in. He's looked awful today.

Awful??
Fabianski has made a number of good saves.
Obviously not watching are you.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:57 - Aug 9 with 1858 viewsmongtero

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:34 - Aug 9 by Morganator100

Fabianski looked awful???? Are you for real. He's been left exposed by his defence.

The issue today is that our shape is all wrong.

Am I for real? Yeah even I could distribute the ball without it going straight for a throw pal.

Don't listen to the commentators who thought Routledge started out first attack. Fabianksi conceded three today. He looked like he was shitting himself whenever they took a shot. Dogshit.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:57 - Aug 9 with 1850 viewsA_Fans_Dad

One positive to come out of the game is that Gomis is very fast and fit, he has been running for balls the whole 92 minutes.
The right hand linesman has given him offside a couple of times when he wasn't because he is so fast.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:59 - Aug 9 with 1792 viewsjacw

With Britton , Dyer , and Routledge missing today , added to Michu ,Hernandez , JDG , Canas , and Pozuelo we looked a little light in midfield which suited Villareal down to the ground .
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:00 - Aug 9 with 1755 viewsphact0rri

Honestly with all those who are moaning, being critical of our club. Its not a bad thing for supporters to voice concerns. Its not having a laugh or anything. its because of the passion and commitment. we want to see the swans do well. But to voice concerns is only natural.

it's important I believe to look at things from both the positive and the negatives. but if things aren't working, we should be complaining. Because we care.

Today was not a good experiment... but lets steele ourselves for the swans flavour going into the premiere league! Next week it begins!

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:00 - Aug 9 with 1753 viewshammy

Well that went well; plenty for GM to work before next week's opener !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Login to get fewer ads

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:00 - Aug 9 with 1750 viewsicecoldjack

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:20 - Aug 9 by Davillin

Inasmuch as we still don't have a "Guesses" board, I'll put mine here.

Perhaps Monk is giving his "Plan B" a full-out roll-out against real competition?

That does make sense to me, rather than putting it on the pitch untested in a Premier League game.

I came to the same conclusion. Perhaps Monk didn't want to play his formation for the Utd game, he will know full well Man utd will study the match and look at what we were doing.

Positives.

Montero looks decent,needs to move the ball quicker though.

Gomis looks like he doesn't mind doing a shift, worked hard and looks a good player.

Fabianski got some much needed practice for next week!

We can't possibly play any worse than that!
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:02 - Aug 9 with 1688 viewsPawelAbbott

That was an horrendous performance, the worst thing about it was that until Amat came on we just hit long balls in hope of finding someone.
Ki might as well have not turned up, he is not a defensive midfielder, Shelvey just wants to play a 50 yard pass rather than try and keep the ball.
Gylfi was nowhere to be seen for most of the game. Until we went 3 down I'd be suprised if we had more than 20% possession.
After that I'd say we need a new defensive midfielder, 2 full backs and a Centre back.
I'd sell Bony for £20M and use the money to strength across the back and bring in a decent back up striker. There is no point having so much strength up front when we can clearly only play one of them at a time and the rest of the side is so weak.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:02 - Aug 9 with 1681 viewsUplandsJack

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:54 - Aug 9 by Zut_Alors

Thing is lads, say we're losing 1-0 in a week or so — back in our usual formation — first thing people will be calling for come around 70mins is for Gomis to come on. So what formation do we go for then? Because taking Bony off isn't gonna be popular. Trying another formation now isn't a bad thing at all, not learning from it if it didn't work out is. After all, people used to slate Rodgers for only having a plan A.

Good post!!!
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:03 - Aug 9 with 1649 viewsPozuelosSideys

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:00 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

I came to the same conclusion. Perhaps Monk didn't want to play his formation for the Utd game, he will know full well Man utd will study the match and look at what we were doing.

Positives.

Gomis looks like he doesn't mind doing a shift, worked hard and looks a good player.

Well, we cant play any worse than that, no. But we can, and will, play teams who are better and will punish us even more - especially next week.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:05 - Aug 9 with 1605 viewsStarsky

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:02 - Aug 9 by PawelAbbott

That was an horrendous performance, the worst thing about it was that until Amat came on we just hit long balls in hope of finding someone.
Ki might as well have not turned up, he is not a defensive midfielder, Shelvey just wants to play a 50 yard pass rather than try and keep the ball.
Gylfi was nowhere to be seen for most of the game. Until we went 3 down I'd be suprised if we had more than 20% possession.
After that I'd say we need a new defensive midfielder, 2 full backs and a Centre back.
I'd sell Bony for £20M and use the money to strength across the back and bring in a decent back up striker. There is no point having so much strength up front when we can clearly only play one of them at a time and the rest of the side is so weak.

Well I'm glad you've managed to completely work out our short comings with a 90 minute friendly with several key players to come back into the fold. Well done.

It's just the internet, init.

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:05 - Aug 9 with 1602 viewsskippyjack

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:56 - Aug 9 by PozuelosSideys

Yeh, thing is, its quite possible that todays tactics are actually Plan A when we are at home. I can understand playing two up front then, but it is clearly nowhere near where we need it to be.

Tactics particularly are not to be blamed.. We're clearly not sharp enough to play United yet.. We need more additions.. Dyer, Routledge and Britton were missing.. Montero, Gomis, Flappy are new.. I'd like us to find our main team at United.. And find some defensive solidity.. With Dyer and Montero breaking.. A disciplined display.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 17:17]

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:08 - Aug 9 with 1530 viewsPawelAbbott

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:05 - Aug 9 by Starsky

Well I'm glad you've managed to completely work out our short comings with a 90 minute friendly with several key players to come back into the fold. Well done.

Which key players are they? Apart from Britton, thats the best we have got.
Montero and Gylfi are better than Dyer and Routledge.
Montero looks a great signing so far.
We dont have better full backs or Centre backs available and one of Ki or Shelvey will have to play as we literally have no one else when Britton is back.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:12 - Aug 9 with 1436 viewsPozuelosSideys

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:05 - Aug 9 by skippyjack

Tactics particularly are not to be blamed.. We're clearly not sharp enough to play United yet.. We need more additions.. Dyer, Routledge and Britton were missing.. Montero, Gomis, Flappy are new.. I'd like us to find our main team at United.. And find some defensive solidity.. With Dyer and Montero breaking.. A disciplined display.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2014 17:17]

Well it depends which you put more emphasis on - quality of individual players or shape/tactics?

We've got by over the last few years by our whole being greater than the sum of our parts, and that has been down to the way we played. It seems now as though we have more quality, but the tactics are being moved around.

Great if it works, fcking disaster if it doesnt. Lets hope we go back to something more familiar when the real stuff starts.

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:13 - Aug 9 with 1417 viewsStarsky

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:08 - Aug 9 by PawelAbbott

Which key players are they? Apart from Britton, thats the best we have got.
Montero and Gylfi are better than Dyer and Routledge.
Montero looks a great signing so far.
We dont have better full backs or Centre backs available and one of Ki or Shelvey will have to play as we literally have no one else when Britton is back.

So Dyer & Routledge aren't key players? We have a new centre back on his way.
You're over reacting

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:16 - Aug 9 with 1353 viewsPawelAbbott

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:13 - Aug 9 by Starsky

So Dyer & Routledge aren't key players? We have a new centre back on his way.
You're over reacting

They arent first team players now unless we change formation. They cant be key players warming the bench.
They also arent the sort of players to control the way we play and that was 90 minutes of long balls into the channels, those 2 won't change that.
We need to strengthen the midfield and defence as soon as possible.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:16 - Aug 9 with 1352 viewsMorganator100

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:57 - Aug 9 by mongtero

Am I for real? Yeah even I could distribute the ball without it going straight for a throw pal.

Don't listen to the commentators who thought Routledge started out first attack. Fabianksi conceded three today. He looked like he was shitting himself whenever they took a shot. Dogshit.

Routledge wasn't even playing, your showing yourself up as a Scumdiff fan with these comments.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:18 - Aug 9 with 1330 viewsStarsky

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:16 - Aug 9 by PawelAbbott

They arent first team players now unless we change formation. They cant be key players warming the bench.
They also arent the sort of players to control the way we play and that was 90 minutes of long balls into the channels, those 2 won't change that.
We need to strengthen the midfield and defence as soon as possible.

You're first sentence...
Speechless here.

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:18 - Aug 9 with 1330 viewsjacw

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:16 - Aug 9 by Morganator100

Routledge wasn't even playing, your showing yourself up as a Scumdiff fan with these comments.

MONGtero hmmmm
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:19 - Aug 9 with 1316 viewsSwan91

I've just come back from the game.

Yes it was a poor performance but this was our time to see if that type of formation would work against a big side..... It doesn't.

The problem I saw was that because gomis and bony were in. The centre we lost our width so no balls were going that way and were just going to the left.

Gylfi was non existent in the game but Ki and Shelvey made some good passes (I think they're performance was about average)

I honestly thought that Bartley was better than Williams. Williams was just moping around and made some mistakes but Bartley was shouting to the other players, I honestly couldn't tell who was the captain with Williams being so quiet.

Gomis made some nice moves and his control looked pretty good. Bony should've scored and didn't seem to link up well with gomis but that needs time.

Our left side looked vulnerable and was our main area of weakness for the game.

Fabianski I can't really say much about him. He made some really nice saves could've easily been more goals conceded. I missed the first goal because they sold our seats to other people aswell so we couldn't get in the ground because our tickets were already used earlier in the afternoon. Finally we got in and were allocated different seats.

The free kick I don't think he could've done anything about that it was in a dangerous position and it was nicely taken. Was Williams fault for unnecessarily pushing him over.

Saw routledge walk past me at the end of the game was he injured or something?

We just didn't look fast enough on the attack but hopefully with players coming back from injury it might be better.

I would also like to say that the process of getting into the stadium was terrible
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:22 - Aug 9 with 1262 viewsQuakerJack

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 16:50 - Aug 9 by Starsky

Don't fret. New Centre half on his way

We still don't have three good enough to play that formation, nor a manager with a clue about how to implement it.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:22 - Aug 9 with 1247 viewsA_Fans_Dad

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:00 - Aug 9 by icecoldjack

Positives.

"We can't possibly play any worse than that! "
Now you have done it.
It is always possible to play worse, I know it would be hard in this case though.
⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:23 - Aug 9 with 1239 viewsPawelAbbott

⚽️ The official Swansea City V Villarreal match day thread ⚽️ on 17:18 - Aug 9 by Starsky

You're first sentence...
Speechless here.

Why? Is Dyer better than Montero has looked so far?
And if we are going to play with 2 strikers in Bony and Gomis who will be playing wide right? Gylfi or Routledge?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024