Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch 11:29 - Aug 20 with 6420 viewsZut_Alors

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/fernandez-joins-1837182.aspx

Swansea City are delighted to confirm the signing of Napoli and Argentina defender Federico Fernandez for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The 25-year-old passed his medical on Monday before putting pen to paper on a four-year deal at the Liberty today.

The arrival of Fernandez, who will wear 33, bolsters Garry Monk’s options at centre-back, which currently include captain Ashley Williams, Jordi Amat and Kyle Bartley.

He is expected to go straight into the squad, subject to receiving international clearance, for Saturday’s home fixture with Burnley as the Swans look to build on the opening Barclays Premier League win at Manchester United.

Fernandez helped Napoli to the Coppa Italia last season, while they finished third in Serie A. He also featured in their Champions League and Europa League campaigns — though he missed both legs against the Swans.

The 26-cap Argentina international made four appearances in his nation’s World Cup campaign, starting the four matches as Alejandro Sabella’s side were beaten in the final by Germany.

Fernandez started his career with Estudiantes in his homeland before a 3million Euros move to Napoli in July 2011, while he also spent time on loan at Spanish club Getafe in La Liga.

[Post edited 20 Aug 2014 11:32]
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:32 - Aug 20 with 5184 viewsthomasJack

nice

Poll: Next signing

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:33 - Aug 20 with 5170 viewsSwansNZ

Great news.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:33 - Aug 20 with 5167 viewsJackfath

Good stuff.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:37 - Aug 20 with 5112 viewslonglostjack

More quality added !!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:37 - Aug 20 with 5108 viewsmax936

Welcome Federico

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:40 - Aug 20 with 5066 viewstarel

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:37 - Aug 20 by max936

Welcome Federico

About time :D Welcome
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:43 - Aug 20 with 5025 viewsJackoBoostardo

We'll shake up The Premier League this season... I feel it!

Big things will happen, and it's an exciting time to be a swans supporter!!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:48 - Aug 20 with 4954 viewsSwanjaxs

Monk will never be able to attract top quality player see!!!!

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:51 - Aug 20 with 4914 viewsHuw57

Fantastic addition!

Poll: Do you want the Irish to get through?

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 12:02 - Aug 20 with 4810 viewsepaul

Welcome to the newest #JB

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 12:03 - Aug 20 with 4789 viewsBig_Phil

Had a great conversation last night with my mate from uni (way back when) who now lives in Naples.

Conversation went something like this...

''Taff (bless him....) the natives are restless over here as they think you have just signed a world class defender for half the price United will play for his 'poorer relation'. The only reason he's gone is that Benitez doesn't fancy him for whatever reason'

They believe he is a £20M defender who is 'by far better than the £50M David Luiz'

I am very excited by this signing, a commanding CH is gold dust these days, these happy days!!!
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 12:06 - Aug 20 with 4760 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:48 - Aug 20 by Swanjaxs

Always hated the old "ONLY CAME HERE BECAUSE OF LAUDRUP" nonsence

On a side note - another undisclosed fee.....sneaky sneaky

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 12:07 - Aug 20 with 4749 viewsMusical_Swan

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 12:02 - Aug 20 by epaul

Welcome to the newest #JB

At last!! This photo's taken its time coming!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 12:44 - Aug 20 with 4522 viewsorion3016

Absolutely splendid, really exciting

Be over there now after

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:13 - Aug 20 with 4317 viewsTom1912

I was extremely concerned going into the United game without Chico or a replacement.

Instead our young centre back Amat put in an excellent composed performance, we won 2-1 and 4 days later signed an Argentinian centre back, with 26 caps, from Napoli.

This has been a fine few days for Swansea City Football Club. I am delighted.
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:13 - Aug 20 with 4316 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Is "International clearance" merely a formality, or is that ever a problem?

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:15 - Aug 20 with 4293 viewsjudgejonevs

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:13 - Aug 20 by Tummer_from_Texas

Is "International clearance" merely a formality, or is that ever a problem?

With so long left in the transfer window it shouldn't be a problem

Life is too short !!!!!!!!! Swansea til I die...........

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:16 - Aug 20 with 4274 viewsdgt73

But when are we going to sign anyone decent.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:25 - Aug 20 with 4210 viewsSilverSurfer

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:16 - Aug 20 by dgt73

But when are we going to sign anyone decent.

don't know but in the mean time we have to settle for players who can only do things like this...

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:43 - Aug 20 with 4095 viewsDrizzy

I was shot down all summer for suggesting we should upgrade on the mediocre Chico.

What a signing this lad could be. He's the perfect defender for us and still has time on his side.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:47 - Aug 20 with 4077 viewsperchrockjack

Makes no difference drizz if you were or not.

Fact is dross has been binned and replaced with quality.

Sadly Chico was termed as a jack which seems to have had its definition radically altered

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:47 - Aug 20 with 4073 viewsHubert

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 12:06 - Aug 20 by PatchesOHoulihan

Always hated the old "ONLY CAME HERE BECAUSE OF LAUDRUP" nonsence

On a side note - another undisclosed fee.....sneaky sneaky

This is still true, but with the twist that they only come here because Laudrup left !
World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:51 - Aug 20 with 4046 viewssully49

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 13:13 - Aug 20 by Tom1912

I was extremely concerned going into the United game without Chico or a replacement.

Instead our young centre back Amat put in an excellent composed performance, we won 2-1 and 4 days later signed an Argentinian centre back, with 26 caps, from Napoli.

This has been a fine few days for Swansea City Football Club. I am delighted.

Here, here. I hope he is cleared to play on Saturday, he is without doubt a fantastic addition. All hail to GM, and the board for making so much money to strengthen the squad.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:19 - Aug 20 with 3956 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Our signing of the summer in my eyes.

Good luck FF .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 14:20 - Aug 20 with 3951 viewsPrivate_Partz

World Cup runner-up Fernandez completes Swans switch on 11:48 - Aug 20 by Swanjaxs

I think we will always be an attraction as long as we are a Premier League side. Having said that there is no doubt the standing of the club and the manager can be a big attraction for players.
If things go well for Gary he will be ranked up there with Martinez and Rodgers in a couple of years time no doubt. Another good season in the Prem and I also think we can be ranked as and established top flight club as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024