Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? 02:23 - Sep 3 with 14121 viewsDavillin

Polling closed. See new thread for results.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2014 0:00]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 15:51 - Sep 3 with 1094 viewsDavillin

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 10:04 - Sep 3 by Parlay

I like them both, both for different reasons. Therefore, didn't vote. to talk swansea city T2C is the one to go to, davs interests seems more widespread, which is no bad thing.

One thing that goes against Dav, through no fault of his own of course, i find it tue curlingly cringe-able at times how people interact with him and turn into pseudo intellectuals.

Perchy could ask "do we control our feelings considering it is our brain that releases the chemicals" and people would laugh at him and tell him to shut up. Dav could ask the same question and people would turn into Plato and Aristotle with their contributions.

If what you wrote "goes against you," you're unwittingly [I truly hope it's unwitting] taking the line of T2E. He can't stand his own pervasive feelings of inferiority. And to a YANK!

p.s. If you do not think that's true, consider the several posts in which he says why he does what he does to me. He lays it all out in black and white.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 15:57 - Sep 3 with 1073 viewsDavillin

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 10:07 - Sep 3 by JackSomething

I'd like to officially join this camp.

One question for Dav: You say you took T2C off ignore because it meant he could carry on insulting you unchecked. How would you leaving the site altogether be any different?

You're not my cup of tea at times, but you're hardly alone in that. You obviously take pleasure in being on this board, so why not put him on ignore and try to forget he exists?

I must respond to a few points.

You wrote, "You say you took T2C off ignore because it meant he could carry on insulting you unchecked." I said nothing remotely like that at all.

"How would you leaving the site altogether be any different?" The question has no meaning, given the misstatement above.

"why not put him on ignore and try to forget he exists? " May I assume that you have not read the several statements I have made in answer to that question.

It is not whether or not I can read them, but whether about 4,000 other registered users can read them. And, I add, have his warped chracterization of me to guide them.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 15:58 - Sep 3 with 1072 viewsWolfie

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 15:39 - Sep 3 by Davillin

Thanks for voting, but please explain to me how you knew the poll was up there if you had me on "ignore." Please don't leave me hanging, or worse, make me guess.

Becasue my precious little flower, if I visit the site on my wife's iPad it doesn't reconise me and treats me as a guest, thus not picking up my prefernce settings.

I must say the urge to un-ignore you was too strong given what's at stake here.

Poll: What is your favourite colour on a pie chart?

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:09 - Sep 3 with 1047 viewsDavillin

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 10:09 - Sep 3 by SwansNZ

36-21 against Dav. Not going to plan, I think

Why must you take such a biased tack and most illogically assume that I would, even more illogically," put up a simple two-choice poll, planning that I would be somehow vindicated?

I put the poll up to present a choice [which in my very personal opinion affects the future of PlanetSwans] -- a choice that I said I will abide by..

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:12 - Sep 3 with 1035 viewsSwan91

Why is this on the football section of the forum....... it should be moved to non-football
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 16:13]
Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:14 - Sep 3 with 1040 viewsStarsky

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:12 - Sep 3 by Swan91

Why is this on the football section of the forum....... it should be moved to non-football
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 16:13]

Did you vote yet sunshine?

It's just the internet, init.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:14 - Sep 3 with 1034 viewsJackoBoostardo

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:09 - Sep 3 by Davillin

Why must you take such a biased tack and most illogically assume that I would, even more illogically," put up a simple two-choice poll, planning that I would be somehow vindicated?

I put the poll up to present a choice [which in my very personal opinion affects the future of PlanetSwans] -- a choice that I said I will abide by..

You better had abide by it Davillin. You're stirring up a lot of sh1t here!

And Illogically assume you would do this as a narrow minded plot to try and vindicate yourself?

Nothing illogical about it - it's a fact. Only your plan has backfired.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:16 - Sep 3 with 1031 viewsSwan91

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:14 - Sep 3 by Starsky

Did you vote yet sunshine?

Not that I care at all about this childish thread (hence why it should be on non football.... or we could have a childish section of the forum for these type of threads) I did vote..... but like i said, I don't care.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 16:17]
Login to get fewer ads

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:19 - Sep 3 with 1009 viewsPhil_S

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 15:23 - Sep 3 by Davillin

Ha ha ha. In my day, old people were more RESPECTED.

Second, how can you consider it "tragic" that "an elderly gentleman [is] involved with threads like this" and not consider it "tragic" that someone can be viciously disrespectful to someone else?

It's my ox that has been gored. As I wrote to Mr Sumbler above, the issue is not whether I can read his sh!t, but whether you can.

And please tell me why you have the right to tell others what they can or cannot read and what they should get upset by

For gods sake we even have people threatening legal teams on here today - that one is pure genius
Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:21 - Sep 3 with 991 viewsStarsky

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:19 - Sep 3 by Phil_S

And please tell me why you have the right to tell others what they can or cannot read and what they should get upset by

For gods sake we even have people threatening legal teams on here today - that one is pure genius

Phil. Do you think we can ease the situation by sending our senior posters on a yellow smiley awareness course?

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:22 - Sep 3 with 984 viewsDavillin

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 10:48 - Sep 3 by Uxbridge

I'm not voting but Dav's only got himself to blame when he loses this vainglorious vote.

I would think that, democrat as you are, that you would never consider voting "vainglorious." Unless of course you consider me vainglorious for putting it up . . . .

Do remember that I had no inkling about how it will turn out. And still don't.

It continues to bemuse me when anyone says that "Dav's only got himself to blame."

As a basic principle of a happy life, I never feel sorry for myself, and never wish for anything too much.

Will I miss not being on PLanetSwans? Two answers:

(1) Not as long as any poster is allowed to engage in vicious ad hominem posts.

(2) I have missed PlanetSwans for quite some time now, as the tenor of the discourse has steadily deteriorated, and shockingly, to the level to which T2E has brought it, and more shockingly, that this has been tolerated when it is in direct violation of the now impliedly defunct rules..

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:23 - Sep 3 with 979 viewsPhil_S

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:21 - Sep 3 by Starsky

Phil. Do you think we can ease the situation by sending our senior posters on a yellow smiley awareness course?

I did wonder but not sure if it would make a difference

Let me try these two

Hey Starsky Five Bellies...

Hey Starskey Five Bellies

Which one felt better to you?
Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:26 - Sep 3 with 957 viewsStarsky

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:23 - Sep 3 by Phil_S

Let me try these two

Neither baldy

Neither baldy...

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:29 - Sep 3 with 941 viewsJackoBoostardo

Can we rename this thread "The Great Planet Swans War of the Keyboard Warriors" - I'm sure this will be one of many so you may want to give it a number too!

Unlike most other wars though - there is no righteous side as both are as bad as eachother.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:29 - Sep 3 with 945 viewsDavillin

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 12:10 - Sep 3 by monmouth

They do say in court that you should never ask a yes/no question unless you're sure of the answer. As foot shots go, this one is a case study in how assumptions, nay, presumptions can spectacularly backfire. Or maybe, if some (penlan) latin is appropriate, never let your ars gratia artis hang out, as it might get kicked.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 12:21]

You are making an unkind and invalid presumption that I already knew the answer. I did not. I do want to know what the answer is, however.

There are several other, and far more interesting, reasons for putting up the poll, and in that language, and some of them would be more accurate.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:30 - Sep 3 with 935 viewsJackfath

I just want a quiet life without any hassles.

I guess others on here have yet to experience real hassle in their life which is why they are continually bickering on here.

Life really is too short.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:32 - Sep 3 with 931 viewsStarsky

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:30 - Sep 3 by Jackfath

I just want a quiet life without any hassles.

I guess others on here have yet to experience real hassle in their life which is why they are continually bickering on here.

Life really is too short.

You're too short also, I'm led to believe?

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:32 - Sep 3 with 927 viewsJackfath

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:32 - Sep 3 by Starsky

You're too short also, I'm led to believe?

lol

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:39 - Sep 3 with 907 viewsStarsky

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:32 - Sep 3 by Jackfath

lol

I can feel the subtle sarcasm in that lol. Lol

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:40 - Sep 3 with 901 viewsJackfath

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:39 - Sep 3 by Starsky

I can feel the subtle sarcasm in that lol. Lol

That's the beauty of it.

That's what people don't get.

Now add a "smilie" in for them to help their paranoia and everything in the world is rosy.

Life's too short man.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:48 - Sep 3 with 882 viewsswanduck

Why not put the guy on ignore and forget about it? If others are as offended and outraged by his posts as you are they can follow suit.

Getting offended on behalf of a group where the majority probably couldn't care less is pointless and this poll is just pathetic.
Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:53 - Sep 3 with 869 viewsDavillin

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:19 - Sep 3 by Phil_S

Classic: "And please tell me why you have the right to tell others what they can or cannot read . . . ."

O.K., I will as soon as you tell me the following:

1. Why T2E has the right to tell you -- successfully -- to remove Darran as a mod.

2. Why T2E has the right to repeatedly and viciously break the former rules of this forum and without meaningful action taken.

3a. How else I can stop T2E from insulting me and two others unabated so that about 4,000 registered poster can read it.

[To refresh your memory, I tried putting him on "ignore": I tried using the "report abuse" button; I tried bringing his rule-breaking to mods' attention in responsive posts; and I tried it in a private communication with you -- and all to no avail. I even foolishly believed that responding in kind -- but without the vile language -- would reach him, "foolishly" because he is too crude to figure that out. None of those attempts had any effect whatsoever, as he continues as before.]

3b. I am not even remotely trying to "to tell others what they can or cannot read...."

To the contrary, I have been desperately trying to get you to enforce the former rules and make T2E stop violating them and spreading his hatred for not just me, but two others as well, to about 4,000 registered posters.

It continues to astound me that I am the one primarily blamed, when all of this revolves around one poster's unacceptable bad manners.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:54 - Sep 3 with 860 viewsJackfath

T2C also bleated for weeks about the forum and how it needed to change.

It was changed by Phil soon after.

There are patterns emerging here.

This could be the beginning of the end.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:57 - Sep 3 with 851 viewsDavillin

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:23 - Sep 3 by Phil_S

Let me try these two

Clever, but one of the hoary ancient ways to insult someone and then uninsult him is to add "just kidding."

Putting a silly 'smilie" after an insult is nothing more nor less than using "just kidding."

Only a raving fool would not see through that.

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:58 - Sep 3 with 851 viewsPhil_S

Which of these two should be banned permanently from PlanetSwans? on 16:26 - Sep 3 by Starsky

Neither baldy

Neither baldy...

You're right it makes no difference

Both made me chuckle in equal measure
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024