Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wizz, BRR and Curryman 19:45 - Sep 3 with 5024 viewsPoolman

Now you are all posting over here - I think we miss those old heads and sense of perspective - what is your take on the current situation at Bloomfield Road. Where do you feel we can go from here. Any chance of starting a decent rational debate on the subject because have looked elsewhere and can only see a baying mob!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 15:38 - Sep 5 with 925 viewsWizaard

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 14:13 - Sep 5 by Lytham_FY8

Wizz, comparing the squad to last years is clutching at straws, I could wander outside and find eleven random people who would make up a better team than last seasons.

Lytham

Not clutching at straws at all. They were woeful last season and still stayed up.

We're 5 games into a 46 game season. To say we're doomed already is assuming too much too soon.

Obviously, it's all been an utter omnishambles, but there is still time to turn it round. I'm not giving up on the team just yet.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 18:17 - Sep 5 with 900 viewsLytham_FY8

They weren't woeful at this stage, we were top. So like for like, we're f***ed.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 21:39 - Sep 5 with 878 viewshertfordseasider

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 08:13 - Sep 5 by Wizaard

For me, the questions would be how many of the current squad would you take over last season, and wouldn't they look so much better for a full pre-season?

For the first, I'd take nearly all of them. Man for man they're better technically and as a unit. I can't say I've mourned the deaprture of any of last season's squad.

We haven't had any level of pre-season at all, so to then go into a spate of Saturday/Tuesday games was always going to be a write off.

We're now in a fortnight's grace period. I expect us to return in better shape, physically and tactically.

Wiz, I think that is your heart ruling your head. You want them to be, but are they? Are they really?? I don't think so.

The team has got worse year by year since we were relegated from the PL. It took time to get rid of our heroes, but get rid we did. we replaced tham with cheap cast offs so we now have no players worth a bean on the re-sale market.

This is not Riga's team/squad, it is cobbled together on the cheap by a non football man. You only have to read what De Roover says, who joins a growing list of unhappy ex employees. They can't all be wrong and next to go, in fact probably already gone is Riga himself. The place is like a poisonous wasteland, toxic and ugly. The pestilence is still hanging over it, but like all things they eventually dissipate and then it takes time to reclaim the land and make it fresh and vibrant again.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 22:37 - Sep 5 with 862 viewsWizaard

Lytham

And people were queuing up to say it didn't count as we were rubbish.

By the same token you can't read everything into 5 defeats.

Pete

No, we're not worse than last season and even now I don't think Karl is scouting and signing players. Might well be Blake, having said that.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 23:49 - Sep 5 with 849 viewshertfordseasider

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 22:37 - Sep 5 by Wizaard

Lytham

And people were queuing up to say it didn't count as we were rubbish.

By the same token you can't read everything into 5 defeats.

Pete

No, we're not worse than last season and even now I don't think Karl is scouting and signing players. Might well be Blake, having said that.

This time last season we still had Ince, Matty P, Fergie, we haven't got anyone near them in ability, or Fuller!
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 10:28 - Sep 6 with 839 viewsWizaard

Ince and Phillips were injured and then transferred.

It's all about how you look at it and I prefer to see the positives in what we have rather than look at what we don't have.

That's not ignoring the current shambolic situation which looks like it might get worse, but seeing that we're a month in and that's no time to throw in the towel.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 10:33 - Sep 6 with 835 viewsLytham_FY8

'And people were queuing up to say it didn't count as we were rubbish'

Yep, I was one of them and I was right, just like I'm right this time.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 12:14 - Sep 6 with 817 viewsWizaard

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 10:33 - Sep 6 by Lytham_FY8

'And people were queuing up to say it didn't count as we were rubbish'

Yep, I was one of them and I was right, just like I'm right this time.

We'll see.

As I've just said on another thread, we'll at least be there to see it unfold.
Login to get fewer ads

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 19:11 - Sep 6 with 795 viewsvoyeur

Fault on both sides. Bejehsus. Pathetic analysis.

I am a nutter. I come from the sea.

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 19:40 - Sep 6 with 791 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 19:11 - Sep 6 by voyeur

Fault on both sides. Bejehsus. Pathetic analysis.

Just basing my opinion on what I know and what I've been told - as indeed I've always done.

I'm not sure I need lectures from someone who walked away from the club ages ago and has only recently returned, like a ghoul to the feast.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2014 19:54]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 21:08 - Sep 6 with 768 viewsvoyeur

Lecture? 7 words. The thing is Robbie, you often lecture people, and often it's about standards of behaviour. But have never seen you apply the same values to the Oystons. And, even now, you just say there's fault in both sides. Which, actually, is pathetic. Double standards.

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 21:15 - Sep 6 with 768 viewsvoyeur

Lecture? 7 words. The thing is Robbie, you often lecture people, and often it's about standards of behaviour. But we have never seen you apply the same values to the Oystons. And, even now, you just say there's fault on both sides. Which, actually, is pathetic. Double standards. Weak. Avoidance of a shocking state of affairs and the reasons behind it.

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 21:18 - Sep 6 with 768 viewsvoyeur

Lecture? 7 words. The thing is Robbie, you often lecture people, and often it's about standards of behaviour. But we have never seen you apply the same values to the Oystons. And, even now, you just say there's fault on both sides. Which, actually, is pathetic. Double standards. Weak. Avoidance of commenting on a shocking state of affairs and the reasons behind it. Laying equal blame on Jose Riga. That is pathetic.

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 22:46 - Sep 6 with 749 viewsHappy_Satsuma

Despite there being fewer posts over here, you don't get decent threads like this on the otter board. Carry on debating chaps.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 23:14 - Sep 6 with 740 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 21:18 - Sep 6 by voyeur

Lecture? 7 words. The thing is Robbie, you often lecture people, and often it's about standards of behaviour. But we have never seen you apply the same values to the Oystons. And, even now, you just say there's fault on both sides. Which, actually, is pathetic. Double standards. Weak. Avoidance of commenting on a shocking state of affairs and the reasons behind it. Laying equal blame on Jose Riga. That is pathetic.

I like what you did there voy, if it was intentional it was quite funny.

Back on topic ; the OP specifically asked me what I thought about things generally, and I replied on the basis of what I know and what people close to the club have told me. You were the one who barged in to tell me I was pathetic.

In any case, you've got a touch of myopia there, haven't you? I was pretty critical of the chairman in the same paragraph, but you seem to have missed that.

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 08:29 - Sep 7 with 671 viewsstraightatthewall

Nice thread this.

Wiz - who do you think is better in the current squad compared to last year?

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 08:34 - Sep 7 with 668 viewsCurryman

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 23:14 - Sep 6 by basilrobbiereborn

I like what you did there voy, if it was intentional it was quite funny.

Back on topic ; the OP specifically asked me what I thought about things generally, and I replied on the basis of what I know and what people close to the club have told me. You were the one who barged in to tell me I was pathetic.

In any case, you've got a touch of myopia there, haven't you? I was pretty critical of the chairman in the same paragraph, but you seem to have missed that.

It seems to me that no one knows what is going on at the club, and I could no doubt include the owners in that statement. The last 24 hours are a prime example of an Alice in Wonderland scenario. Who wrote the script for it is another matter, although it has been suggested that Lewis Carrol was a druggy!

One moment we have Riga fired and Coyle taking over until the end of the season; next we have Riga arriving at Bloomfield Road and all bets on who is the manager suspended!

Reports of car chases and general confusion.

During all this chaos, add to that the Bart departure, not a peep from the club, it is quite honestly like supporting the Masons Football Club:

Who's in the team? - It's a secret;
Who's the manager? - It's a secret;
Who took the training today? - It's a secret;
What happened to the Brett Money? - It's a secret
Continue ad nauseam.

This does not bode well for our future and I, for one, am greatly concerned.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 08:36 - Sep 7 with 666 viewsstraightatthewall

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 08:34 - Sep 7 by Curryman

It seems to me that no one knows what is going on at the club, and I could no doubt include the owners in that statement. The last 24 hours are a prime example of an Alice in Wonderland scenario. Who wrote the script for it is another matter, although it has been suggested that Lewis Carrol was a druggy!

One moment we have Riga fired and Coyle taking over until the end of the season; next we have Riga arriving at Bloomfield Road and all bets on who is the manager suspended!

Reports of car chases and general confusion.

During all this chaos, add to that the Bart departure, not a peep from the club, it is quite honestly like supporting the Masons Football Club:

Who's in the team? - It's a secret;
Who's the manager? - It's a secret;
Who took the training today? - It's a secret;
What happened to the Brett Money? - It's a secret
Continue ad nauseam.

This does not bode well for our future and I, for one, am greatly concerned.

It certainly is Wilf.

One common denominator. And he doesn't come from Belgium.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 10:15 - Sep 7 with 651 viewsvoyeur

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 08:36 - Sep 7 by straightatthewall

It certainly is Wilf.

One common denominator. And he doesn't come from Belgium.

Come on lads, there's fault on both sides here. Please could you balance your remarks with some criticism of Riga and De Roover. Cheers..

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 14:37 - Sep 7 with 632 viewsseasider81

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 10:15 - Sep 7 by voyeur

Come on lads, there's fault on both sides here. Please could you balance your remarks with some criticism of Riga and De Roover. Cheers..

If people haven't worked out that Oyston is the reason for a rapid decline, they never will. How many managers need to come and go before people start to realise?

You know certain people will still be saying exactly the same thing when we are in the bottom half of League One playing in front of 5,000 fans.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 17:29 - Sep 7 with 619 viewsOdinsRaven

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 14:37 - Sep 7 by seasider81

If people haven't worked out that Oyston is the reason for a rapid decline, they never will. How many managers need to come and go before people start to realise?

You know certain people will still be saying exactly the same thing when we are in the bottom half of League One playing in front of 5,000 fans.

The mushrooms are flourishing here...
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 17:42 - Sep 7 with 614 viewsLytham_FY8

'I'm not sure I need lectures from someone who walked away from the club ages ago and has only recently returned, like a ghoul to the feast. '

Oh how we've missed that misdirected arrogance over on the real site.

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 17:44 - Sep 7 with 608 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm not feeling the love this afternoon.

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 17:46 - Sep 7 with 607 viewsLytham_FY8

That can't come as a huge surprise.

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 17:54 - Sep 7 with 603 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

FY8

when it's the usual suspects, no, not really.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024