Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wizz, BRR and Curryman 19:45 - Sep 3 with 5025 viewsPoolman

Now you are all posting over here - I think we miss those old heads and sense of perspective - what is your take on the current situation at Bloomfield Road. Where do you feel we can go from here. Any chance of starting a decent rational debate on the subject because have looked elsewhere and can only see a baying mob!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 18:18 - Sep 7 with 925 viewsWizaard

Straiters

Going through the squad, our current two keepers are at least a match for last season, when for much of it, Gilks wasn't at his best. I'll always praise him for his good spells but last season he was rooted to the spot for numerous goals.

At full back, we at least have some players of our own at left back, an improvement on last season. McMahon is steady Eddie, adn won't let you down.

Centre half - anyone is an improvement on Broadfoot and Mackenzie in their depressed state from around September. Clarke isn't as young as he was, but he organises, something we've lacked for a long time. Daniels looks like he can be a real player.

Midfield. Technically, we're streets ahead of last season, but we also are lacking a ball winner to enable them to flourish. Osbourne and Basham against Orlandi and Lundstram? No contest.

Up front, Miller is Fuller from six years ago, Davies missed most of last season, Ranger is looking like he wants to prove a point. What we do lack is real pace out wide.

All in all, cause for cautious optimism. IMO
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 20:04 - Sep 7 with 883 viewsFixitian

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 14:42 - Sep 5 by seasider13

Thank goodness for the fortnight but with Bart packing up and heading home isnt going to help what is an already dire situation.

Is Lytham bragging again re where he lives? We cant all live down Rooney street.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 09:01 - Sep 8 with 858 viewsstraightatthewall

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 18:18 - Sep 7 by Wizaard

Straiters

Going through the squad, our current two keepers are at least a match for last season, when for much of it, Gilks wasn't at his best. I'll always praise him for his good spells but last season he was rooted to the spot for numerous goals.

At full back, we at least have some players of our own at left back, an improvement on last season. McMahon is steady Eddie, adn won't let you down.

Centre half - anyone is an improvement on Broadfoot and Mackenzie in their depressed state from around September. Clarke isn't as young as he was, but he organises, something we've lacked for a long time. Daniels looks like he can be a real player.

Midfield. Technically, we're streets ahead of last season, but we also are lacking a ball winner to enable them to flourish. Osbourne and Basham against Orlandi and Lundstram? No contest.

Up front, Miller is Fuller from six years ago, Davies missed most of last season, Ranger is looking like he wants to prove a point. What we do lack is real pace out wide.

All in all, cause for cautious optimism. IMO

Wiz,

too early for me to judge, but I think you're being a little over optimisitic with some of them. I certainly don't buy this 'Clarke organises' business as a plus. What we're lacking is quality, not organisation. Too many League 1 players - and for once, I think that tag is justified.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 22:01 - Sep 8 with 847 viewstangerinedom

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 09:01 - Sep 8 by straightatthewall

Wiz,

too early for me to judge, but I think you're being a little over optimisitic with some of them. I certainly don't buy this 'Clarke organises' business as a plus. What we're lacking is quality, not organisation. Too many League 1 players - and for once, I think that tag is justified.

Wizz - we are better than last season but not as much better as I'd like - bear in mind the last 4 months of last season we didn't win much and there's the problem in that the Championship is much better and we're only slightly better.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 23:26 - Sep 9 with 815 viewsMr_Brightside

The question of 'what should happen now and what have you made of this weeks events' is one I'd now like to hear the views of these three on?

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 11:59 - Sep 11 with 775 viewsWizaard

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 23:26 - Sep 9 by Mr_Brightside

The question of 'what should happen now and what have you made of this weeks events' is one I'd now like to hear the views of these three on?

Why? Thought we were deluded idiots, so why the interest?

Anyway, the shambles continues. It's gone from a joke to a farce and through to tragedy.

In any row between Chairman and manager there is only one winner. How people think this will all see the departure of Oyston simply beggars belief.

Riga will go. When, I'm not sure, but in the interim, the club is being irreparably harmed. Oyston has played his cards incredibly badly but he will win because he has the ultimate power of hiring and firing.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 16:12 - Sep 11 with 737 viewsLytham_FY8

I wouldn't be so sure Wizz, I'm clinging to that hope.

Even if he wins this one, his days are numbered.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 16:47 - Sep 11 with 731 viewsWizaard

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 16:12 - Sep 11 by Lytham_FY8

I wouldn't be so sure Wizz, I'm clinging to that hope.

Even if he wins this one, his days are numbered.

Sorry, but for me, that hope is misplaced.

You can't have the argument that he's comfortable in League One and happy to be there and then expect him to sell up when we're on the way there. Surely, what crowds will remain will be those happy to go along to any game as long as one team are wearing tangerine?

Meanwhile, just where is the business sense in selling when the asset is losing value by the minute? The time to sell was when the'brand' was at its highest, or even when we were losing to West Ham in the play off Final. The club had real value then, with potential if someone came in and invested only moderately.

Now, it's in the headlines for all the wrong reasons, with a disenchanted customer base, a team rooted to the bottom of the league and complete war between the manager and Chairman. Who would want ot invest in that at the price Oyston will want?

I just don't see the logic. Riga will go as and when Oyston has someone lined up, with the new man in place while tortuous negotiations ensue between the sacked Riga and Karl to pay him off with the minimum outlay possible. Oyston will then think he's won.
Login to get fewer ads

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 19:30 - Sep 12 with 697 viewsLytham_FY8

'You can't have the argument that he's comfortable in League One and happy to be there and then expect him to sell up when we're on the way there.'

I said Joffrey's days were numbered, not that Owen would sell up.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 21:51 - Sep 12 with 674 viewsWizaard

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 19:30 - Sep 12 by Lytham_FY8

'You can't have the argument that he's comfortable in League One and happy to be there and then expect him to sell up when we're on the way there.'

I said Joffrey's days were numbered, not that Owen would sell up.

Karl won't step aside but Owen remain in control.
Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 08:37 - Sep 13 with 650 viewsLytham_FY8

Why?

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 10:53 - Sep 13 with 633 viewsWizaard

Wizz, BRR and Curryman on 08:37 - Sep 13 by Lytham_FY8

Why?

They're an intransigent family. Owen won't get rid of his son and the son won't walk
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024