Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Under 21 sunk again 21:54 - Sep 15 with 5206 viewscyril

Time for a change at management level of the under 21s, results are not good enough, we seem to be losing all the time, and to top it off it was against Scumdiff
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 21:57]

The devil is in the detail

Under 21 sunk again on 21:57 - Sep 15 with 3987 viewsthejack1912

About development as much as results, but it is a results business I guess

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Under 21 sunk again on 21:59 - Sep 15 with 3956 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Under 21 sunk again on 21:57 - Sep 15 by thejack1912

About development as much as results, but it is a results business I guess

I agree, and losing against grossly inferior teams suggests we're not developing these players as much as we should be doing.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Under 21 sunk again on 22:01 - Sep 15 with 3955 viewscyril

Under 21 sunk again on 21:59 - Sep 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I agree, and losing against grossly inferior teams suggests we're not developing these players as much as we should be doing.

Well said, just seems Llewelyn has a book of excuses, time for change me thinks

The devil is in the detail

Under 21 sunk again on 22:31 - Sep 15 with 3833 viewsKilkennyjack

We have not produced many of the players in our side. And Its early days with so many new players coming in from elsewhere. Needs more time perhaps ? Sadly not too many like joe and ben coming through any time soon. Our 'swansea way' has been stalled.

Beware of the Risen People

Under 21 sunk again on 06:58 - Sep 16 with 3597 viewsblaine_scfc

18s lost to Barnsley in the week also. We are putting a fair bit of investment in to youth, and the results have been shocking.
Under 21 sunk again on 07:10 - Sep 16 with 3574 viewsTheFranchise

people on here are painfully short sighted, we've only had the academy a year.
Under 21 sunk again on 07:49 - Sep 16 with 3524 viewsNOTRAC

The results of our development teams mean nothing as far as it's position in our overall structure is concerned.
The chances of any youngsters coming into any Premiership team are limited to no more than one person every two years at the best.
In the four years that we have been in the Premiership only two Joe Allen, and Ben Davies have successfully made that step up.Jazz Richards could be included but not to the same extent obviously.
The financial rewards for finding that elusive nugget, make it all worthwhile however.The 25m received in transfer fees for the above named more than compensate for the hundred s of hopefuls who unfortunately never make it.
It would be interesting to see the percentage of Academy players from all clubs that eventually become professional footballers
Unfortunately the percentage that become Premiership players is minuscule.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Under 21 sunk again on 07:56 - Sep 16 with 3512 viewsDr_Winston

Under 21 sunk again on 07:10 - Sep 16 by TheFranchise

people on here are painfully short sighted, we've only had the academy a year.

It will take time to properly produce quality talent on a regular basis. We need to be absolutely sure the best people available to us are in charge of developing it though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Under 21 sunk again on 08:20 - Sep 16 with 3466 viewswhiterock

Swansea are better than Barnsley as a first team so it goes without saying we are better than Barnsley at U21, unfortunately, it doesn't work that way, We've only recently changed the structure and are moving at a rate of knots towards Academy 1 status, results will come
Under 21 sunk again on 08:26 - Sep 16 with 3449 viewsPrivate_Partz

Under 21 sunk again on 07:49 - Sep 16 by NOTRAC

The results of our development teams mean nothing as far as it's position in our overall structure is concerned.
The chances of any youngsters coming into any Premiership team are limited to no more than one person every two years at the best.
In the four years that we have been in the Premiership only two Joe Allen, and Ben Davies have successfully made that step up.Jazz Richards could be included but not to the same extent obviously.
The financial rewards for finding that elusive nugget, make it all worthwhile however.The 25m received in transfer fees for the above named more than compensate for the hundred s of hopefuls who unfortunately never make it.
It would be interesting to see the percentage of Academy players from all clubs that eventually become professional footballers
Unfortunately the percentage that become Premiership players is minuscule.

I agree in part but, as we have no adequate reserve competition, then the U21s are our only option. Last night we had 3 or 4 players who are knocking on the 1st team door so the chances are not minuscule for everyone.
We have invested heavily in the team as well and performances and results really should reflect this.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Under 21 sunk again on 08:34 - Sep 16 with 3434 viewsPrivate_Partz

Under 21 sunk again on 07:56 - Sep 16 by Dr_Winston

It will take time to properly produce quality talent on a regular basis. We need to be absolutely sure the best people available to us are in charge of developing it though.

I agree and the worry for me is that may not be the case at the moment. We need a young hungry up and coming coach well versed in the passing game we play. Chris Llewelyn may very well be the man and KOL has only recently been 'promoted'. Perhaps it is too early to be calling for change, and things could be on the up, but results are a concern for me.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Under 21 sunk again on 11:18 - Sep 16 with 3270 viewsA_Fans_Dad

We have had this discussion before and just about everybody said I was wrong. Well a lot more people saw it for themselves yesterday, instead of a couple of hundred it was more like a thousand watching the Swans U21s loose.
If the team carries on losing the way it has been doing the Players will become demoralised.
The better ones, those with ambition will be looking to leave like Scott did.
He obviously wasn't happy with the setup at Swansea or he would still be here instead of going to Leicester where he will probably not get a Prem start for them either.

The idea that the only reason for the Acadamy is to provide the Swans with the occassional first team player is NOT what acadamies are supposed to be about. They are supposed to be giving Youngsters (especially locals) the training necessary to make them in to professional footballers.
To say that winning is not important to their "development" is too short sighted to beleive. If that is what modern coaching is about then something is wrong. Winning is the only thing that counts in any sport, learning how to lose instead of learning how to win is a recipy for disaster.
Under 21 sunk again on 11:23 - Sep 16 with 3256 viewsraynor94

Under 21 sunk again on 11:18 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

We have had this discussion before and just about everybody said I was wrong. Well a lot more people saw it for themselves yesterday, instead of a couple of hundred it was more like a thousand watching the Swans U21s loose.
If the team carries on losing the way it has been doing the Players will become demoralised.
The better ones, those with ambition will be looking to leave like Scott did.
He obviously wasn't happy with the setup at Swansea or he would still be here instead of going to Leicester where he will probably not get a Prem start for them either.

The idea that the only reason for the Acadamy is to provide the Swans with the occassional first team player is NOT what acadamies are supposed to be about. They are supposed to be giving Youngsters (especially locals) the training necessary to make them in to professional footballers.
To say that winning is not important to their "development" is too short sighted to beleive. If that is what modern coaching is about then something is wrong. Winning is the only thing that counts in any sport, learning how to lose instead of learning how to win is a recipy for disaster.

Ah, well then Barcelona must be doing it wrong, their mantra from the youngest age groups is its about techniques and performance before results

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Under 21 sunk again on 11:44 - Sep 16 with 3227 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Under 21 sunk again on 11:23 - Sep 16 by raynor94

Ah, well then Barcelona must be doing it wrong, their mantra from the youngest age groups is its about techniques and performance before results

"youngest age groups is its about techniques and performance before results " except they don't loose do they?
To compare the "La Cantera" with Swansea's Academy is the biggest joke I have ever heard. Do you know the difference or are you just quoting something you have heard?

Can you point me to that part of their philosphy?

They literally live and breathe Football.
Let me just quote to you a few things
"Unlike in England, where size, strength and the ability to throw your weight around is highly prized by many scouts, Barcelona apply different criteria.
'Size is not important,' says Capellas. 'Most important is that the player has talent, that they can play with the ball, not that they are the strongest or tallest.'
'From the age of seven to the age of 15 everything is about working with the football,' says Capellas.
'With the very small boys, the most important thing is to control the ball very well, to have the ability to run with the ball and to think very quickly and execute their passes very well. We spend so much time on passing and on tactics, to understand our style of play, which is the same from the eight-year-olds to the first team.'
Over in England, talk of tactics is not introduced at such an early age.

How would you say Swansea compares to that exactly?
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 11:53]
Under 21 sunk again on 11:49 - Sep 16 with 3213 viewsWarwickHunt

Under 21 sunk again on 11:44 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

"youngest age groups is its about techniques and performance before results " except they don't loose do they?
To compare the "La Cantera" with Swansea's Academy is the biggest joke I have ever heard. Do you know the difference or are you just quoting something you have heard?

"Unlike in England, where size, strength and the ability to throw your weight around is highly prized by many scouts, Barcelona apply different criteria.
'Size is not important,' says Capellas. 'Most important is that the player has talent, that they can play with the ball, not that they are the strongest or tallest.'
'From the age of seven to the age of 15 everything is about working with the football,' says Capellas.
'With the very small boys, the most important thing is to control the ball very well, to have the ability to run with the ball and to think very quickly and execute their passes very well. We spend so much time on passing and on tactics, to understand our style of play, which is the same from the eight-year-olds to the first team.'

"They literally live and breath Football"

No they don't. They'd be f*cking dead, you plum.
It's "breathe", anyway.
Under 21 sunk again on 11:52 - Sep 16 with 3207 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Under 21 sunk again on 11:49 - Sep 16 by WarwickHunt

"They literally live and breath Football"

No they don't. They'd be f*cking dead, you plum.
It's "breathe", anyway.

Thank you for correcting my spelling mistake.
Under 21 sunk again on 11:58 - Sep 16 with 3191 viewsScoobyWho

Sorry mate, but size strength and being able to throw yourself around is not how Swansea play football, and never has been during the last ten years. So, you need to reconsider that.

Britton, Routledge, Carroll, Dyer to name a few prove this currently.

What we have in Swansea is a 'way' of training these specific standards that we hope will give the squad some future ability and hope. The first team as an example train in a certain way, this bleeds downwards, we all know that, compare it with what you like, Ajax or Barca,it doesn't matter, could be Lyon ? What does matter is this standard is now led by coaching staff headed by Monk train in this way and the results are there for all to see. Couple this with a board sourcing players with Monk and you get a good example of how to do it, and how it works. You just need to understand whats happening before it becomes an issue on here with people looking to evaluate and discuss Swansea matters.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Under 21 sunk again on 11:58 - Sep 16 with 3191 viewsWarwickHunt

Under 21 sunk again on 11:52 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

Thank you for correcting my spelling mistake.

You still don't get it it. How can you "literally" breathe football FFS?
Under 21 sunk again on 12:19 - Sep 16 with 3161 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Under 21 sunk again on 11:58 - Sep 16 by WarwickHunt

You still don't get it it. How can you "literally" breathe football FFS?

God are you so ignorant that you have never heard of an idiom, the definition of to live and breathe something
if you live and breathe an activity or subject, you spend most of your time doing it or thinking about it because you like it so much

If you mean the use of Literally, try this from the Oxford Dictionary
"informal Used for emphasis while not being literally true:"
"In recent years an extended use of literally (and also literal) has become very common, where literally (or literal) is used deliberately in non-literal contexts, for added effect"
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 12:40]
Under 21 sunk again on 13:23 - Sep 16 with 3063 viewsWarwickHunt

Under 21 sunk again on 12:19 - Sep 16 by A_Fans_Dad

God are you so ignorant that you have never heard of an idiom, the definition of to live and breathe something
if you live and breathe an activity or subject, you spend most of your time doing it or thinking about it because you like it so much

If you mean the use of Literally, try this from the Oxford Dictionary
"informal Used for emphasis while not being literally true:"
"In recent years an extended use of literally (and also literal) has become very common, where literally (or literal) is used deliberately in non-literal contexts, for added effect"
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 12:40]

Yet another sign of dumbing down. The Oxford Dictionary's inclusion to also mean 'not literally' because it was used by dullards was widely criticised.

Senior OED editor Fiona MacPherson told BBC Radio 5 live's Breakfast: "If enough people use a word in a particular way... it will find its way into the dictionary."

It doesn't stop you sounding like a tw@t though.

"In his youth, Michael Owen was literally a greyhound." Jamie Redknapp. Woof!
Under 21 sunk again on 13:51 - Sep 16 with 2973 viewsMillJack

In all of that piece about Barcelona's famed academy, where does it say anything about results being important?
Under 21 sunk again on 13:59 - Sep 16 with 2959 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

To the people putting the poor results down to us not being academy 1 yet - neither are our opposition.

The opposition we play are vastly inferior in terms of squad talent and facilities available.

Do you think the likes of Sheffield United, Birmingham and co have many talented youngsters when most Premier League big boys with the academy 1 are a 90 minute drive from them?

We have vastly superior squads, with players earning a week what the likes of the Barnsley U21's earn as a squad a week yet we struggle every game and most often than not lose.

What happens if we do get promoted to the big boys U21 league? We'll get absolutely destroyed. The teams we're playing now are crap and we're crap with them.

It's not good enough.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Under 21 sunk again on 14:06 - Sep 16 with 2952 viewsGreatBritton

Under 21 sunk again on 13:23 - Sep 16 by WarwickHunt

Yet another sign of dumbing down. The Oxford Dictionary's inclusion to also mean 'not literally' because it was used by dullards was widely criticised.

Senior OED editor Fiona MacPherson told BBC Radio 5 live's Breakfast: "If enough people use a word in a particular way... it will find its way into the dictionary."

It doesn't stop you sounding like a tw@t though.

"In his youth, Michael Owen was literally a greyhound." Jamie Redknapp. Woof!

It's an argot called footballer speak. Compare: "For me he's went down too easily." (For YOU, personally, you mean?) Also, WENT as a past participle!

I can't stand 'absolutely' for simple concurrence either - "Are you going to the cinema?' 'Absolutely.' 'What, every bit of you?'

But, as Ms McPherson realises, it doesn't really matter. Worse things happen, like Amat getting injured.
Under 21 sunk again on 15:27 - Sep 16 with 2903 viewsDafyddHuw

Marvellous Marv painfully short of match practice. Ruled offside almost every time he had the ball and missed a tap-in from 6 inches which my gran could have scored, and she's dead. I know he needs the match time, but we'd have been better off with 10 men.
Then again, Barrow on for 1st half and scored a goal- exact copy of what happened 2 weeks ago at Landore against B'ham. Rest of forward line had no guile at all.

Then again, must have been a crowd of about 4/5K. Wasn't that long ago that that would have been an impressive attendance at a league match down the Vetch.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2014 15:28]
Under 21 sunk again on 16:53 - Sep 16 with 2812 viewsScoobyWho

Under 21 sunk again on 13:59 - Sep 16 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

To the people putting the poor results down to us not being academy 1 yet - neither are our opposition.

The opposition we play are vastly inferior in terms of squad talent and facilities available.

Do you think the likes of Sheffield United, Birmingham and co have many talented youngsters when most Premier League big boys with the academy 1 are a 90 minute drive from them?

We have vastly superior squads, with players earning a week what the likes of the Barnsley U21's earn as a squad a week yet we struggle every game and most often than not lose.

What happens if we do get promoted to the big boys U21 league? We'll get absolutely destroyed. The teams we're playing now are crap and we're crap with them.

It's not good enough.

Someone said last night Barrow is on 7k a week. Not bad bunce for what he does. I make that 28k a month. Sounds even better.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024