Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange reaction as Bony walks off 17:46 - Sep 20 with 10896 viewsshingle

Bony get`s himself sent off, which probably costs us the game, as he walks off fans give him a standing ovation,what is the matter with these people.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:47]
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:23 - Sep 20 with 1645 viewsLeonisGod

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:18 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

Disagree with that. We were nowhere near as dirty as they were. It's pretty difficult when they are constantly going through the man not to get dragged into it a bit.

Anyway - I'm glad to see a bit of bite from us albeit that Bony went too far. Still should have evened up 5 minutes later though when Fonte should have gone.

Fonte's could easily have been a straight red. Straight in off the ground with studs up. Anyone other than routs or dyer would have struggled to jump over that 'challenge'. The lack of contact went in his favour, but that was as out of control as you'll ever see.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:27 - Sep 20 with 1631 viewsShaky

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:07 - Sep 20 by everytimeref

I think the reaction stemmed from the poisonous atmosphere stirred up by Koeman's disgraceful antics on the sideline, their players rolling around at every tackle and hounding the referee for cards. Add to that the referee booking Bony for his only two fouls while not doing the same for their players and the reaction was more a response to that than a show of support for Bony.

First of all what exactly was Koeman doing on the touchline, and secondly how can anything that takes place off the pitch justify our players making potentially career threatening 'challenges'?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:30 - Sep 20 with 1612 viewsSwanseajill

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:27 - Sep 20 by Shaky

First of all what exactly was Koeman doing on the touchline, and secondly how can anything that takes place off the pitch justify our players making potentially career threatening 'challenges'?

Constantly harassing the fourth official, on all decisions.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 1601 viewsperchrockjack

And that is why officials need to be man enough to jump all over these managers who try to intimidate

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 1602 viewsshingle

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:17 - Sep 20 by Swanseajill

I agree, having been mauled for the first 35 minutes, and not a reaction from the ref, even when he was being fouled by three at a time S/ton players, reaction from the ref? ...nil.

Sheer frustration from Bony, sick of being elbowed in the back. For me, he has fire in his belly and I applauded him off.

Well let`s hope that other teams do not use the same tactics because if Bony or any other of our players react to these tactics the same way as Bony did today you will no doubt be giving plenty of standing ovations to our sent off players as they walk off fire belly is no good if you can not control it.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:32 - Sep 20 with 1596 viewsEdmundo

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:07 - Sep 20 by everytimeref

I think the reaction stemmed from the poisonous atmosphere stirred up by Koeman's disgraceful antics on the sideline, their players rolling around at every tackle and hounding the referee for cards. Add to that the referee booking Bony for his only two fouls while not doing the same for their players and the reaction was more a response to that than a show of support for Bony.

That pretty much why so many people were miffed at Bonys sending off, at least one Southampton player should have walked but Moss ruined the game for me.

Southampton spoiling, diving, cheating barstewards!

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:34 - Sep 20 with 1586 viewsShaky

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:30 - Sep 20 by Swanseajill

Constantly harassing the fourth official, on all decisions.

Well it seems to me that few people including myself would dispute that the ref had something of a shocker.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:34 - Sep 20 with 1583 viewsperchrockjack

Well chelski have plenty of fire in belly but they are better at it, subtle, posturing manager too who works the head..

Bony will win us more games that he loses.

Login to get fewer ads

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 1568 viewsDarran

I don't think it was a strange reaction myself especially from lots of people that weren't happy with the ref who's a pr*ck.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 1568 viewsVetchitBack

Not strange at all. Bony isn't a dirty player and ref responded to Soton's theatrics.

Just cos the second WAS a yellow and lacked guile doesn't change that.

Give me that sort of thing rather than silence or groans anyday.
'

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:37 - Sep 20 with 1567 viewswaynekerr55

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:49 - Sep 20 by Gowerjack

The 1st yellow was a nonsense.

The 2nd an avoidable mistake.

Disappointing really.

this

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:38 - Sep 20 with 1564 viewsshingle

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:21 - Sep 20 by jackal

I stood to applaud him off because I thought that it was harsh and I wanted to show my support. To be insulted by other Swans fans for doing this is strange.

If you thought it was harsh then you need to watch the match highlights later, guess it goes over your head about the tackle for the second yellow being committed whilst on a yellow, no matter if the first yellow was deserved or not you do not go and commit a stupid tackle whilst on a yellow card end off, if you do you get sent off and put your team in trouble.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 18:39]
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:40 - Sep 20 with 1546 viewsC_jack

Yeah you've f**ked up Wilf, but don't get cut up about it, s**t happens.

Nothing wrong with it at all

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:41 - Sep 20 with 1542 viewsicecoldjack

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:54 - Sep 20 by shingle

But why did so many of our fans give him a standing ovation as he walked off.???

Because at the end of the day its about supporting your players on the field of play right or wrong, nothing wrong for clapping his overall contribution which was very good, apart from the two daft challenges he made of course.

Bony has been here for a season and a bit and been pretty much the ultimate professional every step of the way.

Didn't moan when he never got picked, worked his socks off in his own time to get fitter, scored massive goals to ease our relegation worries and didn't moan once in the summer or angle for a move in the papers when interest was shown from bigger clubs.

He was totally stupid today but it happens to every player at some point, a rush of blood to the head etc,etc since he has been at the Swans he has been nothing short of immense .

Thats probably why fans felt the need to clap him off, perhaps their way of telling him "yeah you fooked up but we still love and respect you for the job you've done for us so far "

Lets not go into overkill about it, he was stupid and it cost us the game , he has won us alot more than he has lost us thats for sure!

Done and dusted, we move on and Bony will learn alot from it as all top professionals do.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:41 - Sep 20 with 1542 viewsSwanseajill

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:32 - Sep 20 by shingle

Well let`s hope that other teams do not use the same tactics because if Bony or any other of our players react to these tactics the same way as Bony did today you will no doubt be giving plenty of standing ovations to our sent off players as they walk off fire belly is no good if you can not control it.

So has he been out of control since arriving at our club then? If you believe he is out of control can you point out to me when and where?

He plays for MY club, I pay to watch him and support him. I believe he was targeted by Southampton players from the off and the referee let too many fouls on him go with no action.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:42 - Sep 20 with 1532 viewsbermudajack

I had no complaints from the ref today,
I hate Moss usually, but today he was forced into making the decisions he made, I never saw one straight red today, just a lot of petulant yellows and one very stupid Wilfried Bony who can have no complaints about his two yellows.

When Dyer and Fernandez hacked the two Southampton players, one after the other in front of the East, I thought the referee did an excellent job in "having a stern word" with them both and then rightly booking the Saints CB for gesturing for a card 👍 fantastic refereeing in my book.

The stick he took from our fans on almost every decision he gave against us was cringeworthy 😡

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:43 - Sep 20 with 1526 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

He's a bit thick .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:43 - Sep 20 with 1523 viewsOldjack

I TOO APPLAUDING HIM OFF because he's one of ours no matter what ,apart from cheating i don't like that at all, after seeing the replays off you go you dozy tw*t of that there is no doubt

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:47 - Sep 20 with 1501 viewsRancid

For such a physical player his discipline is excellent and hardly gets into trouble.Today was a blip and we excuse it, just.He owes us a goal or 2 on his return now though
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:52 - Sep 20 with 1468 viewsshingle

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:41 - Sep 20 by Swanseajill

So has he been out of control since arriving at our club then? If you believe he is out of control can you point out to me when and where?

He plays for MY club, I pay to watch him and support him. I believe he was targeted by Southampton players from the off and the referee let too many fouls on him go with no action.

Stop making thing`s up and being over dramatic about being out of control since arriving at our club, who has said that, we are discussing today`s game mun, a game that Bony antics cost us dearly, he`s now a marked man some refs will protect him others will not, that`s football.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:58 - Sep 20 with 1437 viewsshingle

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:43 - Sep 20 by Oldjack

I TOO APPLAUDING HIM OFF because he's one of ours no matter what ,apart from cheating i don't like that at all, after seeing the replays off you go you dozy tw*t of that there is no doubt

Slow down relax and type more slowly or are you in your nineties, if that`s the case get your Nursing assistant to put you in bed. because as usual your dribbling all over these forums.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:00 - Sep 20 with 1425 viewsjackal

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:38 - Sep 20 by shingle

If you thought it was harsh then you need to watch the match highlights later, guess it goes over your head about the tackle for the second yellow being committed whilst on a yellow, no matter if the first yellow was deserved or not you do not go and commit a stupid tackle whilst on a yellow card end off, if you do you get sent off and put your team in trouble.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 18:39]

I haven,t seen the replay. It looked harsh at the time. I showed my support for our player. I resent being insulted for doing it.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:05 - Sep 20 with 1387 viewsCatullus

The second yellow, that challenge was crazy and it cost us dearly.
But, as said, the opportunity players were niggle dirty and got away with it.
Monks tactics second half didn't help though. We got deeper and deeper, we invited them in. It was only a matter of time. We should have defended the halfway line. We should have been looking for a breakaway, but we practically gave up attacking til they scored.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:05 - Sep 20 with 1386 viewsperchrockjack

Seems like a little bitching lis coming into this thread.

Should the crowd have booed bony or chucked ns type insults at him.

I dm the type to be more inclined to boo those who shy away from contact.

You know whom

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:08 - Sep 20 with 1377 viewsshingle

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:00 - Sep 20 by jackal

I haven,t seen the replay. It looked harsh at the time. I showed my support for our player. I resent being insulted for doing it.

And i resent someone giving a standing ovation to a player who`s stupid behavior has quite possible cost us the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024