Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strange reaction as Bony walks off 17:46 - Sep 20 with 10976 viewsshingle

Bony get`s himself sent off, which probably costs us the game, as he walks off fans give him a standing ovation,what is the matter with these people.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2014 17:47]
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:12 - Sep 20 with 1444 viewsshingle

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:05 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

Seems like a little bitching lis coming into this thread.

Should the crowd have booed bony or chucked ns type insults at him.

I dm the type to be more inclined to boo those who shy away from contact.

You know whom

He`s done wonder`s for us so far, i would never boo him for what he did today, but i would certainly not give him a standing ovation either
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:13 - Sep 20 with 1441 viewsRancid

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:05 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

Seems like a little bitching lis coming into this thread.

Should the crowd have booed bony or chucked ns type insults at him.

I dm the type to be more inclined to boo those who shy away from contact.

You know whom

Done neither would have been better.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:16 - Sep 20 with 1428 viewsjackal

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:08 - Sep 20 by shingle

And i resent someone giving a standing ovation to a player who`s stupid behavior has quite possible cost us the game.

I must remember to seek your approval for any future applauding or booing that I choose do do in future.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:16 - Sep 20 with 1425 viewsStarsky

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:12 - Sep 20 by shingle

He`s done wonder`s for us so far, i would never boo him for what he did today, but i would certainly not give him a standing ovation either

Do you think you'll ever get over it?

It's just the internet, init.

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:18 - Sep 20 with 1422 viewsCatullus

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:42 - Sep 20 by bermudajack

I had no complaints from the ref today,
I hate Moss usually, but today he was forced into making the decisions he made, I never saw one straight red today, just a lot of petulant yellows and one very stupid Wilfried Bony who can have no complaints about his two yellows.

When Dyer and Fernandez hacked the two Southampton players, one after the other in front of the East, I thought the referee did an excellent job in "having a stern word" with them both and then rightly booking the Saints CB for gesturing for a card 👍 fantastic refereeing in my book.

The stick he took from our fans on almost every decision he gave against us was cringeworthy 😡

Mostly agree. The ref deserved some of the stick though.
And Bony's first yellow, not as bad a challenge as some make out. Both went for the ball, Bony held his ground. I've seen plenty worse not even get a talking to. Like cattermole on Dyer, remember that?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:19 - Sep 20 with 1416 viewsraynor94

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:21 - Sep 20 by jackal

I stood to applaud him off because I thought that it was harsh and I wanted to show my support. To be insulted by other Swans fans for doing this is strange.

Harsh? you are having a laugh two yellows all day long, he cost us the game today hope he is fined, on the other hand saints players were a disgrace with their histrionics

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:20 - Sep 20 with 1413 viewsPhil_S

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:18 - Sep 20 by Catullus

Mostly agree. The ref deserved some of the stick though.
And Bony's first yellow, not as bad a challenge as some make out. Both went for the ball, Bony held his ground. I've seen plenty worse not even get a talking to. Like cattermole on Dyer, remember that?

Bony didn't go for the ball in the first challenge
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:20 - Sep 20 with 1409 viewsmonmouth

Well I remember Bodde getting clapped off when he ferked up twice. headbutt vs Donny, OTT tackle vs Lids, so not really strange? Supporting your players when they f*ck up I suppose, and I wouldn't slag anyone for doing it, especially without the benefit of TV replays. Personally I thought it was outrageous that he made that tackle on a yellow and didn't clap, but I also thought that the ref could just as easily have said, '"look mush, make one more even slightly dubious tackle and you're toast" rather than spoil the game for what was not a straight red. But there we are, I think there are too many second yellow sendings off anyway, even though the ref was perfectly within his rights to give all those cards today, and we could have had a couple more.

Saints bloke should have walked too though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:24 - Sep 20 with 1391 viewsraynor94

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:20 - Sep 20 by Phil_S

Bony didn't go for the ball in the first challenge

He went straight through him whilst he was in the air! what game were you watching?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:27 - Sep 20 with 1373 viewsPhil_S

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:24 - Sep 20 by raynor94

He went straight through him whilst he was in the air! what game were you watching?

What post were you reading

Your apology will be accepted
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:28 - Sep 20 with 1371 viewsAndy1300

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:55 - Sep 20 by LeonisGod

Probably because in a lot of people's eyes he got sent off for only 1 genuine yellow card challenge. He was stupid for the second though. But that was a horrible cynical S'ton side. Any respect I had for what they achieved last year has gone.

Absolutely.

Number 1 team in Wales

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:32 - Sep 20 with 1350 viewsOldjack

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:58 - Sep 20 by shingle

Slow down relax and type more slowly or are you in your nineties, if that`s the case get your Nursing assistant to put you in bed. because as usual your dribbling all over these forums.

Fuk up you useless arsehole is it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:35 - Sep 20 with 1339 viewsNeath_Jack

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:05 - Sep 20 by Catullus

The second yellow, that challenge was crazy and it cost us dearly.
But, as said, the opportunity players were niggle dirty and got away with it.
Monks tactics second half didn't help though. We got deeper and deeper, we invited them in. It was only a matter of time. We should have defended the halfway line. We should have been looking for a breakaway, but we practically gave up attacking til they scored.

Monk was screaming at the players to stop sitting so deep, Gylfi then took up those orders and was urging his team mates up the pitch. So that can't be levelled at Monk.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:37 - Sep 20 with 1331 viewsAndy1300

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:41 - Sep 20 by Swanseajill

So has he been out of control since arriving at our club then? If you believe he is out of control can you point out to me when and where?

He plays for MY club, I pay to watch him and support him. I believe he was targeted by Southampton players from the off and the referee let too many fouls on him go with no action.

Yes but the precious ones on here won't have any of that.

Soton were cheats and so was the ref

Number 1 team in Wales

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:37 - Sep 20 with 1328 viewsNeath_Jack

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:27 - Sep 20 by Phil_S

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:39 - Sep 20 with 1324 viewsAndy1300

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:42 - Sep 20 by bermudajack

I had no complaints from the ref today,
I hate Moss usually, but today he was forced into making the decisions he made, I never saw one straight red today, just a lot of petulant yellows and one very stupid Wilfried Bony who can have no complaints about his two yellows.

When Dyer and Fernandez hacked the two Southampton players, one after the other in front of the East, I thought the referee did an excellent job in "having a stern word" with them both and then rightly booking the Saints CB for gesturing for a card 👍 fantastic refereeing in my book.

The stick he took from our fans on almost every decision he gave against us was cringeworthy 😡

Oh dear.....he was shite today and deserved all the stick he got

Number 1 team in Wales

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:39 - Sep 20 with 1321 viewsshingle

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:16 - Sep 20 by Starsky

Do you think you'll ever get over it?

Of course i will, a few more hours should do it.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:43 - Sep 20 with 1294 viewsshingle

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:32 - Sep 20 by Oldjack

Fuk up you useless arsehole is it

You seem to be upset, are you ok.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:43 - Sep 20 with 1292 viewsBonjour

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 17:49 - Sep 20 by Gowerjack

The 1st yellow was a nonsense.

The 2nd an avoidable mistake.

Disappointing really.

Probably been said but the first yellow was a yellow
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:47 - Sep 20 with 1270 viewsMagic_Michu

I applauded him off because in my opinion he was playing well, giving his all for the team and got sent off harshly... even if he was stupid to go in for that sort of challenge in the middle of the park when already (wrongly) carded.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 20:08 - Sep 20 with 1219 viewsJackbustard

I gave him a clap not for getting sent off but he looked distraught so was more a clap of support than anything else.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 20:13 - Sep 20 with 1204 viewsraynor94

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 19:27 - Sep 20 by Phil_S

Sorry Phil it was aimed at cattalus

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 20:53 - Sep 20 with 1123 viewseverytimeref

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 18:27 - Sep 20 by Shaky

First of all what exactly was Koeman doing on the touchline, and secondly how can anything that takes place off the pitch justify our players making potentially career threatening 'challenges'?

Nowhere did I say it justified a bad tackle. I was at the game so haven't seen the replays. Whatever they show, you have missed the point of my post. The OP was criticising the reaction in the ground . We weren't sitting in a detached,calm atmosphere with the benefit of endless replays from various angles. We were in the atmosphere that had been generated by Koeman gesticulating for a card every time his team lost a tackle , his players rolling around in pretend agony every time anyone went near them , other players then surrounding the referee baying for cards and a referee who didn't apply the same standards consistently to the opposition.

It's easy to criticise the crowd's reaction if you are only watching what the TV shows you, to understand the reaction you need to understand the context it came in. As I said the first time it was more support for the team in that context rather than support for Bony.
Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 20:59 - Sep 20 with 1113 viewsDarran

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 20:53 - Sep 20 by everytimeref

Nowhere did I say it justified a bad tackle. I was at the game so haven't seen the replays. Whatever they show, you have missed the point of my post. The OP was criticising the reaction in the ground . We weren't sitting in a detached,calm atmosphere with the benefit of endless replays from various angles. We were in the atmosphere that had been generated by Koeman gesticulating for a card every time his team lost a tackle , his players rolling around in pretend agony every time anyone went near them , other players then surrounding the referee baying for cards and a referee who didn't apply the same standards consistently to the opposition.

It's easy to criticise the crowd's reaction if you are only watching what the TV shows you, to understand the reaction you need to understand the context it came in. As I said the first time it was more support for the team in that context rather than support for Bony.

That's a fantastic post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Strange reaction as Bony walks off on 21:22 - Sep 20 with 1071 views3swan

Maybe a bit late to add to what's already been said but imo both yellows were deserved.

Frustration got the better of him today, and I hope he learns from it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024