Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conor McGregor 09:39 - Sep 28 with 18152 viewsshingle

Ireland have a new superstar on there hands, the Americans love him, and the MGM in Vegas was packed out with Irish fans and All the pubs in Dublin stayed open last night to watch him fight.
Conor McGregor on 10:21 - Jul 12 with 2371 viewsperchrockjack

We disagree.

I was commenting in relation to lifeys post.

I don't.

Have a pleasant day

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Conor McGregor on 10:24 - Jul 12 with 2372 viewslifelong

Conor McGregor on 09:57 - Jul 12 by Dr_Winston

Because consenting adults enjoy both watching and participating?

I agree with Perchy, consenting adults enjoy watching and participating in many things, some of which are not legal for public display.

This cage fighting is a backward step IMO, what next? Legal dog fighting etc.
Conor McGregor on 10:28 - Jul 12 with 2367 viewsDarran

Am I the only one that's never heard of him?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Conor McGregor on 10:29 - Jul 12 with 2364 viewsperchrockjack

Consenting adults is a tap in really.

Now really, consenting adults?

FFS

Anyway, off to fookn Wales, Rog- again.

Conor McGregor on 10:38 - Jul 12 with 2343 viewsblueytheblue

Conor McGregor on 10:24 - Jul 12 by lifelong

I agree with Perchy, consenting adults enjoy watching and participating in many things, some of which are not legal for public display.

This cage fighting is a backward step IMO, what next? Legal dog fighting etc.

Good grief...

So a well regulated sport is somehow morally equivalent to dog fighting. Wow. Just... wow.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Conor McGregor on 10:42 - Jul 12 with 2333 viewsDr_Winston

Conor McGregor on 10:29 - Jul 12 by perchrockjack

Consenting adults is a tap in really.

Now really, consenting adults?

FFS

Anyway, off to fookn Wales, Rog- again.

Do you even know what point it is you're trying to make?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Conor McGregor on 10:44 - Jul 12 with 2333 viewslifelong

Conor McGregor on 10:38 - Jul 12 by blueytheblue

Good grief...

So a well regulated sport is somehow morally equivalent to dog fighting. Wow. Just... wow.

What's well regulated about a sport when you can kick an apponent in the head?
Conor McGregor on 10:53 - Jul 12 with 2325 viewsDr_Winston

Conor McGregor on 10:44 - Jul 12 by lifelong

What's well regulated about a sport when you can kick an apponent in the head?

If it's in the rules that you can do it and all participants are happy with that then it's well regulated.

You appear to be confusing your dislike for something with an actual argument for why it's a disreputable sport.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Conor McGregor on 11:21 - Jul 12 with 2295 viewsJonnyTheJack

I probably would have agreed with those saying it's barbaric when the UFC first started in the 90s. It was pretty bad and there was literally no rules. That's how they built their reputation. They have had several legal battles and still do. (It's still not legal in New York)

Today though there is a lot of rules. No one has been seriously injured during a fight. It's safety record is great. There's more serious injuries in American football. And it's safer than boxing.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2015 11:21]
Conor McGregor on 11:36 - Jul 12 with 2281 viewsTheFranchise

Conor McGregor on 11:21 - Jul 12 by JonnyTheJack

I probably would have agreed with those saying it's barbaric when the UFC first started in the 90s. It was pretty bad and there was literally no rules. That's how they built their reputation. They have had several legal battles and still do. (It's still not legal in New York)

Today though there is a lot of rules. No one has been seriously injured during a fight. It's safety record is great. There's more serious injuries in American football. And it's safer than boxing.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2015 11:21]

The outraged masses are out then.

Safer than boxing, rugby, american football and i'd even say the football we enjoy. At the elite level, fighters are the best athletes in the world in regards to conditioning. Boxing has gloves to protect the hands and as a consequence 2 people can keep hitting each other for round after round opening themselves up to concussion issues, in MMA you can't do that.

Look at the deaths in cricket recently. I'd rather take a single punch than a cricket ball to the side of the head.
Conor McGregor on 11:40 - Jul 12 with 2279 viewslifelong

Conor McGregor on 10:53 - Jul 12 by Dr_Winston

If it's in the rules that you can do it and all participants are happy with that then it's well regulated.

You appear to be confusing your dislike for something with an actual argument for why it's a disreputable sport.

The only thing I'm confused about is how this brutal, so called, sport is legal.
Conor McGregor on 11:47 - Jul 12 with 2273 viewslifelong

Conor McGregor on 11:36 - Jul 12 by TheFranchise

The outraged masses are out then.

Safer than boxing, rugby, american football and i'd even say the football we enjoy. At the elite level, fighters are the best athletes in the world in regards to conditioning. Boxing has gloves to protect the hands and as a consequence 2 people can keep hitting each other for round after round opening themselves up to concussion issues, in MMA you can't do that.

Look at the deaths in cricket recently. I'd rather take a single punch than a cricket ball to the side of the head.

Don't you think that comparing a couple of tragic accidents in cricket to cage fighting is a bit silly?
Conor McGregor on 11:54 - Jul 12 with 2263 viewsNeath_Jack

Never mind that, this sorts the men out from the boys.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Conor McGregor on 12:00 - Jul 12 with 2253 viewsDarran

Boys seriously you need to remember here that Lifey and Scouce are OAPs so cut them some slack like.

Conor McGregor on 12:01 - Jul 12 with 2251 viewsTheFranchise

Conor McGregor on 11:47 - Jul 12 by lifelong

Don't you think that comparing a couple of tragic accidents in cricket to cage fighting is a bit silly?

Used to highlight that even the least aggressive sports have safety issues. My point is valid even if it's a little harsh.

Because of the nature of the sport, MMA is the most regulated. Fighters are given better medicals than any other sport in the world. If there is even the slightest issue, they're not allowed to compete.

Those that know about the sport know that boxing is more brutal because the gloves allow heavier and more frequent punches to the head.

There is a real threat from concussions in rugby and football and there is a big movement in America right now to get that risk reduced to a point where games like football, american football and rugby are going to get destroyed in the courts.

You think my comment is silly and the deaths were tragic accidents but they did happen.

Every sport has considerable risks involved, MMA is doing a lot of good in reducing the risks.

I would only wish that those of you that are ignorant to such things because it's not something you enjoy do a bit more research before making judgement.
Conor McGregor on 12:03 - Jul 12 with 2012 viewsDr_Winston

Conor McGregor on 12:01 - Jul 12 by TheFranchise

Used to highlight that even the least aggressive sports have safety issues. My point is valid even if it's a little harsh.

Because of the nature of the sport, MMA is the most regulated. Fighters are given better medicals than any other sport in the world. If there is even the slightest issue, they're not allowed to compete.

Those that know about the sport know that boxing is more brutal because the gloves allow heavier and more frequent punches to the head.

There is a real threat from concussions in rugby and football and there is a big movement in America right now to get that risk reduced to a point where games like football, american football and rugby are going to get destroyed in the courts.

You think my comment is silly and the deaths were tragic accidents but they did happen.

Every sport has considerable risks involved, MMA is doing a lot of good in reducing the risks.

I would only wish that those of you that are ignorant to such things because it's not something you enjoy do a bit more research before making judgement.

Wasting your time Dave.

Conor McGregor on 12:20 - Jul 12 with 1989 viewsDarran

Snookers not very risky.

Conor McGregor on 12:26 - Jul 12 with 1987 viewsJonnyTheJack

Great post. I couldn't have put it better.

Agree about them being the best athletes in the World too.

The 'UFC: Fighting for a Generation' documentary is a great watch to learn about the history of the Company and the sport.
Conor McGregor on 12:34 - Jul 12 with 1982 viewsTheFranchise

Conor McGregor on 12:20 - Jul 12 by Darran

Snookers not very risky.

it's not a sport
Conor McGregor on 12:38 - Jul 12 with 1979 viewsDarran

Conor McGregor on 12:34 - Jul 12 by TheFranchise

it's not a sport

Fair point.

Conor McGregor on 13:04 - Jul 12 with 1955 viewsperchrockjack

I mean
fook off like

Whinging etc.

Comparisons with cricket, rugby?

Well, a world away and your aggressive contemptuous replies are interesting.

We re comparing cage fighting with cricket and calling it safer?

I ll leave it to you .

And Darren,I hope youre as sprightly as me and Rog when you get to 65.

It aint old mate and its all about looking after the body the Good Lord gave you.

Conor McGregor on 13:16 - Jul 12 with 1943 viewsexiledclaseboy

I usually find cage fighting a bit boring. I much prefer the scripted pro-wrestling stuff. But I wouldn't ban it. I'm not a fan of banning stuff that two people choose freely to do and get paid well for.

Poll: Tory leader

Conor McGregor on 13:25 - Jul 12 with 1938 viewsTheFranchise

Conor McGregor on 13:04 - Jul 12 by perchrockjack

I mean
fook off like

Whinging etc.

Comparisons with cricket, rugby?

Well, a world away and your aggressive contemptuous replies are interesting.

We re comparing cage fighting with cricket and calling it safer?

I ll leave it to you .

And Darren,I hope youre as sprightly as me and Rog when you get to 65.

It aint old mate and its all about looking after the body the Good Lord gave you.

Just trying to educate you and help with your ignorance.

I don't want to get to 65 if I end up as bitter as you.
Conor McGregor on 13:40 - Jul 12 with 1932 viewslifelong

Conor McGregor on 13:25 - Jul 12 by TheFranchise

Just trying to educate you and help with your ignorance.

I don't want to get to 65 if I end up as bitter as you.

Perhaps you can educate me how kicking somebody,as hard as you can,to the head should be regarded as sport and not dangerous?
Conor McGregor on 13:42 - Jul 12 with 1930 viewsTheFranchise

Conor McGregor on 13:40 - Jul 12 by lifelong

Perhaps you can educate me how kicking somebody,as hard as you can,to the head should be regarded as sport and not dangerous?

So it's all fight sports you don't agree with?

I don't recall saying it wasn't dangerous.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2015 13:44]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024