Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew 18:15 - Oct 4 with 10430 viewsTrundle10

All the anti Pardew stuff I felt was cringe-worthy. Iam all for humour but i found this distasteful and it came back and bit us on the bum as i guessed it would.

Oh and by the way we very rarely sing on our own you clowns.
East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:23 - Oct 5 with 1384 viewsVetchitBack

I thought the atmosphere was decent. Maybe because where I was we got behind the team. If it wasn't by you then that's the fault of you and the others near you.

Ask not what atmosphere can do for you, ask what you can do for atmosphere.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:40 - Oct 5 with 1370 viewskopperburgjack

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 10:56 - Oct 5 by Andy1300

I sat, yes sat in a different place for the Rotherham game, bloody awful it was too, no singing, no atmosphere, people saying to sit down.

Give me the east stand singing section any day.

Bring in safe standing and watch the experience get better

This

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:41 - Oct 5 with 1369 viewskopperburgjack

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:23 - Oct 5 by VetchitBack

I thought the atmosphere was decent. Maybe because where I was we got behind the team. If it wasn't by you then that's the fault of you and the others near you.

And this! Two top posts

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:43 - Oct 5 with 1355 viewsBrynmill_Jack

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:41 - Oct 5 by kopperburgjack

And this! Two top posts

Looks like this thread is between the 15-25 year old vs everyone else

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:51 - Oct 5 with 1329 viewsLeonisGod

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:23 - Oct 5 by VetchitBack

Of course it was decent. We're in the NE corner - couldn't hear the away fans apart from after they scored their second and even then that didn't last for long. It's not our fault if our armchair fans missed out.
East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 12:58 - Oct 5 with 1312 viewsJackfath

I'd still like to know how the North stand is more enclosed than the East and therefore would be better for our fans.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 15:40 - Oct 5 with 1231 viewsSlugster664

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 18:38 - Oct 4 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The ironic thing is the away fans are usually louder than the 300 or so singing in the East Stand.

Really?!! Have you ever been to the LS when the Swans are playing? I appreciate that when you watch the game on MOTD it does seem like that, but that is very much down to the acoustics of the stadium.

I hope that when(if!) the stadium gets expanded they will consider moving the away section to the NE corner

STID

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 15:41 - Oct 5 with 1225 viewsJackfath

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 15:40 - Oct 5 by Slugster664

Really?!! Have you ever been to the LS when the Swans are playing? I appreciate that when you watch the game on MOTD it does seem like that, but that is very much down to the acoustics of the stadium.

I hope that when(if!) the stadium gets expanded they will consider moving the away section to the NE corner

Are the acoustics in the NE corner worse than any other part of the stadium?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Login to get fewer ads

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 15:47 - Oct 5 with 1224 viewsSlugster664

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 10:06 - Oct 5 by Jackfath

The North stand is more enclosed than the East?

How?

Off topic....but your other username is DYSS, correct?

STID

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 15:48 - Oct 5 with 1217 viewsJackfath

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 15:47 - Oct 5 by Slugster664

Off topic....but your other username is DYSS, correct?

Incorrect.

Not sure what that has to do with the statement you made and the question I asked?

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 16:49 - Oct 5 with 1189 viewsSlugster664

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 15:48 - Oct 5 by Jackfath

Incorrect.

Not sure what that has to do with the statement you made and the question I asked?

It has nothing to do with it, hence me stating off topic.

STID

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 16:50 - Oct 5 with 1188 viewsSlugster664

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 15:41 - Oct 5 by Jackfath

Are the acoustics in the NE corner worse than any other part of the stadium?

I'm not sure

STID

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 16:53 - Oct 5 with 1185 viewsJackfath

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 16:50 - Oct 5 by Slugster664

I'm not sure

Why are people suggesting we put the away fans in this corner then?

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:03 - Oct 5 with 1177 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The noise made by the away fans travels better around the stadium I have no doubt. I'm no expert but I'm guessing it has something to do with the North stand facing the entire length of the stadium where as the North-East corner noise just carries straight over to the North West of the stadium.

Even when there's only 500 or so away fans and they're all singing it is extremely loud from where I usually sit in the South, where as even when considerably more numbers are singing in the East it still doesn't sound quite as loud.

I agree that away fans should be kept out of the way and try to be made as irrelevant as possible. I'm struggling to think of an away game I have been to where away fans are given such a prominent position in the stadium.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:04 - Oct 5 with 1173 viewsJackfath

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:03 - Oct 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The noise made by the away fans travels better around the stadium I have no doubt. I'm no expert but I'm guessing it has something to do with the North stand facing the entire length of the stadium where as the North-East corner noise just carries straight over to the North West of the stadium.

Even when there's only 500 or so away fans and they're all singing it is extremely loud from where I usually sit in the South, where as even when considerably more numbers are singing in the East it still doesn't sound quite as loud.

I agree that away fans should be kept out of the way and try to be made as irrelevant as possible. I'm struggling to think of an away game I have been to where away fans are given such a prominent position in the stadium.

Thank you Dwight.

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:11 - Oct 5 with 1168 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:04 - Oct 5 by Jackfath

Thank you Dwight.

You're welcome.

My theory may be totally wrong but the fact most clubs have made considerable efforts to move away fans to a position in the stadium as 'out of the way' as possible suggests there is some logic to it.

People said we could never have home and away fans sit in the North Stand due to concourse designs etc yet we now regularly have the bottom of the North stand filled with an almost even split of home and away supporters, I'm sure there are ways to implement putting the away fans in a upper tier corner and have our 'singing section' directly behind one of the goals.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:33 - Oct 5 with 1157 viewsC_jack

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:03 - Oct 5 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I don't think sound travels in neat forward lines, Dwight, should you not hear the same from the East, as the North?

I'd wager it's more to do with 500 people in one concentrated area, as opposed to the rest of the ground, where it's more spread out.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:37 - Oct 5 with 1148 viewsJackfath

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:33 - Oct 5 by C_jack

I don't think sound travels in neat forward lines, Dwight, should you not hear the same from the East, as the North?

I'd wager it's more to do with 500 people in one concentrated area, as opposed to the rest of the ground, where it's more spread out.

So why would moving the away fans to the NW corner make them quieter?

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:39 - Oct 5 with 1147 viewsDarran

After going to Huddersfield away a few years ago it convinced me that the roof in the Liberty which is point upwards at a slight angle isn't good for the crowd acoustics.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 18:00 - Oct 5 with 1116 viewsQuakerJack

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 10:06 - Oct 5 by Jackfath

The North stand is more enclosed than the East?

How?

Sound bounces off the east and west from the north. From the east it escapes more.

I'm making this up. Sounds logical tho.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 18:02 - Oct 5 with 1112 viewsQuakerJack

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 17:39 - Oct 5 by Darran

After going to Huddersfield away a few years ago it convinced me that the roof in the Liberty which is point upwards at a slight angle isn't good for the crowd acoustics.

There's that as well.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 18:04 - Oct 5 with 1110 viewsNeath_Jack

Depends where you sit in relation to the "singing" areas, seeing as sound pressure obeys the inverse square law.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 18:11 - Oct 5 with 1098 viewsQuakerJack

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 18:04 - Oct 5 by Neath_Jack

Depends where you sit in relation to the "singing" areas, seeing as sound pressure obeys the inverse square law.

From where I sit in the south the away end sounds louder but then is that any surprise given it's directly opposite.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 18:13]

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 18:30 - Oct 5 with 1072 viewsJackfath

If the Ultras organised themselves better they could get groups to sing in different directions. Pods of Ultras facing the various areas which would help this situation.

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 18:43 - Oct 5 with 1054 viewsSlugster664

East Stand Boneheads Singing about Pardew on 16:53 - Oct 5 by Jackfath

Why are people suggesting we put the away fans in this corner then?

Because I, and presumably others, think the acoustics are possibly better in the north/south stands. By shoving them in the NW corner and putting our fans in the north it would take away the volume of the away fans and project the volume of our fans...possibly??? Out of curiosity, where do you sit?

STID

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024