Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
afroman 18:23 - Nov 23 with 12068 viewsdazbaz70

What a really funny guy. And you know if what he says is true then I hope this board takes note and distances itself from those running (or ruining) our club. That is all.
afroman on 16:30 - Nov 24 with 1857 viewswespens

Frequent both boards but it seems to me, whilst admittedly there is maybe half the posts, that there seems little need for moderation on here whereas I often squirm at some of the posts on the other board. We all know what certain people are like, we all know what position the club is in and we all know that there are different views amongst our fans .. BUT .. why do some people need to make their point of view with abusive, threatening and vile messages. Doesn't make sense to me.

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

afroman on 19:35 - Nov 24 with 1805 viewsBloodtangerine

afroman on 16:30 - Nov 24 by wespens

Frequent both boards but it seems to me, whilst admittedly there is maybe half the posts, that there seems little need for moderation on here whereas I often squirm at some of the posts on the other board. We all know what certain people are like, we all know what position the club is in and we all know that there are different views amongst our fans .. BUT .. why do some people need to make their point of view with abusive, threatening and vile messages. Doesn't make sense to me.

It isnt even that, I can understand any fan being revved up and I understand the frustration, the hatred etc........its the massive repetition x 10,000 of the exact same themes endlessly put up as a fresh thread and everyone comes on again to say exactly the same things they have said a thousand times........and you bang up a decent Ant and Dec thread and you get crucified!!

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

afroman on 19:54 - Nov 24 with 1793 viewsWizaard

afroman on 19:35 - Nov 24 by Bloodtangerine

It isnt even that, I can understand any fan being revved up and I understand the frustration, the hatred etc........its the massive repetition x 10,000 of the exact same themes endlessly put up as a fresh thread and everyone comes on again to say exactly the same things they have said a thousand times........and you bang up a decent Ant and Dec thread and you get crucified!!

I'm a celebrity has gone too far when they start crucifying the stars
afroman on 20:43 - Nov 24 with 1768 viewsBloodtangerine

afroman on 19:54 - Nov 24 by Wizaard

I'm a celebrity has gone too far when they start crucifying the stars

Wiz, likening Ant and Dec to Jesus?...mmmhh, I can see uour point mate tbh

Voice of the two scarfers..UTMP

afroman on 21:27 - Nov 24 with 1751 viewsterminallytangerine

afroman on 20:43 - Nov 24 by Bloodtangerine

Wiz, likening Ant and Dec to Jesus?...mmmhh, I can see uour point mate tbh

Never watch it but it sounds from your description that it is now Ant and Decking.
afroman on 23:11 - Nov 24 with 1706 viewsCurryman

afroman on 20:44 - Nov 23 by Wizaard

Do any of you actually read what's posted on this Board? I can't say I've seen anything praising the Oystons since it started.

Just because people aren't begging to be brought to court as some kind of martyr doesn't mean they approve of the club's policies. Just read Currymans blogs for starters.

Fansonline seem to think that if it's not abusive then it doesn't count. I'd prefer a more measured dissection as done by ODB for example. That makes me an apologist over there.

'Just because people aren't begging to be brought to court as some kind of martyr doesn't mean they approve of the club's policies. Just read Currymans blogs for starters.'

I am really looking forward to the day that I can write a blog about something positive, but, at the present time it seems nigh impossible due to the continued unbelievable adsurdity and senselessness of the policies forced on successive managers by you know who.

Love Blackpool, not the O's
Poll: Whi is responsiblke for our current mess?
Blog: Trust

afroman on 12:49 - Nov 25 with 1653 viewsThe_Ghost

afroman on 23:11 - Nov 24 by Curryman

'Just because people aren't begging to be brought to court as some kind of martyr doesn't mean they approve of the club's policies. Just read Currymans blogs for starters.'

I am really looking forward to the day that I can write a blog about something positive, but, at the present time it seems nigh impossible due to the continued unbelievable adsurdity and senselessness of the policies forced on successive managers by you know who.

It's zero tolerance over there.......for whatever imaginary pigeon hole they want to put you in.
The sad thing is, there are some good debates there, but you always get some people starting threads purely for a reaction, or just to have a go at our own fans.

Robbie, apparently you fell on your own sword according to some passive aggressive nutjob over there.
It happened to me once, I was walking funny for a while.
afroman on 13:23 - Nov 25 with 1622 viewsdazbaz70

afroman on 12:49 - Nov 25 by The_Ghost

It's zero tolerance over there.......for whatever imaginary pigeon hole they want to put you in.
The sad thing is, there are some good debates there, but you always get some people starting threads purely for a reaction, or just to have a go at our own fans.

Robbie, apparently you fell on your own sword according to some passive aggressive nutjob over there.
It happened to me once, I was walking funny for a while.

Lala - 'so I'm from the other side'. Sums it up really. Well, I'm a Blackpool fan, and if you are the other side, does that make you something otherelse? Curious. Clubs gone to shit and you know it.
Login to get fewer ads

afroman on 13:32 - Nov 25 with 1612 viewsLala

afroman on 13:23 - Nov 25 by dazbaz70

Lala - 'so I'm from the other side'. Sums it up really. Well, I'm a Blackpool fan, and if you are the other side, does that make you something otherelse? Curious. Clubs gone to shit and you know it.

Well you lay yourself open for it 'dazbaz' when you come on here telling 'this board,' what we should and shouldn't do.

I'm not sure whether I am something ' otherelse,' I will get back to you when I find out what that means.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

afroman on 13:37 - Nov 25 with 1607 viewstangerinemoss

afroman on 13:32 - Nov 25 by Lala

Well you lay yourself open for it 'dazbaz' when you come on here telling 'this board,' what we should and shouldn't do.

I'm not sure whether I am something ' otherelse,' I will get back to you when I find out what that means.

Hmmmm, except that there are plenty on here quite happy to tell the other board, both on here and over there, what they should and shouldn't do.

And as for this smug "we don't abuse people, we have rational debate", how does that fit in with BRB calling somebody an idiot?

They are both Blackpool message boards, both have great threads and idiots, both have those open to debate and just plain abusive, and a few pretending to be squeaky clean who have real history as verbal abusers of the highest order.

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

afroman on 13:41 - Nov 25 with 1601 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

afroman on 13:37 - Nov 25 by tangerinemoss

Hmmmm, except that there are plenty on here quite happy to tell the other board, both on here and over there, what they should and shouldn't do.

And as for this smug "we don't abuse people, we have rational debate", how does that fit in with BRB calling somebody an idiot?

They are both Blackpool message boards, both have great threads and idiots, both have those open to debate and just plain abusive, and a few pretending to be squeaky clean who have real history as verbal abusers of the highest order.

tangerine moss

I agree with you that there is some great debate on both sites. I hope that continues.

I'm just a bit surprised that you've picked up on me calling someone an idiot, but managed to overlook the relentless abuse I'm subjected to every day, on a site I no longer post on.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

afroman on 13:47 - Nov 25 with 1594 viewsLala

afroman on 13:37 - Nov 25 by tangerinemoss

Moss

I disagree that there are plenty of people from here starting posts on the other board telling people what to do. That simply is not the case.

However the obsession with Robbie on the other board is really quite concerning and it often spills over to here. Robbie called someone an 'idiot' after this particular poster has continually, a multitude of times, x 10, been slating him on any board he can manage to stay on for more than 5 minutes. It's ridiculous if I'm honest.

I am not a Robbie hanger on, never met the fella, nor am I an Oystonite, I just say what I see. Robbie has left the other site and he rarely dignifies any of the abuse he gets with a reply........so calling someone 'an idiot' after months of tolerance is light-weight if you ask me.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

afroman on 13:49 - Nov 25 with 1591 viewstangerinemoss

afroman on 13:41 - Nov 25 by basilrobbiereborn

tangerine moss

I agree with you that there is some great debate on both sites. I hope that continues.

I'm just a bit surprised that you've picked up on me calling someone an idiot, but managed to overlook the relentless abuse I'm subjected to every day, on a site I no longer post on.

BRB, I don't actually know you in person, can't remember you from school, but on the other site, you were the biggest wind up merchant on there, and, I suspect, were quite proud of that. You moved over here, cut ties, and have been trying to persuade everyone that this site is all civilised, intellectual debate. The point I made, and you cannot refute, is that there is abuse over here, and there is a hangover from those who took it to an artform over there and now, on here, are pretending it is nothing to do with them. That is hypocrisy of the highest order.

afroman on 13:53 - Nov 25 with 1588 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

afroman on 13:49 - Nov 25 by tangerinemoss

BRB, I don't actually know you in person, can't remember you from school, but on the other site, you were the biggest wind up merchant on there, and, I suspect, were quite proud of that. You moved over here, cut ties, and have been trying to persuade everyone that this site is all civilised, intellectual debate. The point I made, and you cannot refute, is that there is abuse over here, and there is a hangover from those who took it to an artform over there and now, on here, are pretending it is nothing to do with them. That is hypocrisy of the highest order.

moss

I have always just posted opinions. Some find favour, some don't. If people allow themselves to get wound up over them, that says far more about them than it does me.

I don't remember you from school either.

afroman on 13:58 - Nov 25 with 1583 viewsHertsseasider

afroman on 13:53 - Nov 25 by basilrobbiereborn

moss

I have always just posted opinions. Some find favour, some don't. If people allow themselves to get wound up over them, that says far more about them than it does me.

*Psssst Robbie. 08.57 from St P

Thats all.

"Schools Out London"

afroman on 13:59 - Nov 25 with 1445 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

afroman on 13:58 - Nov 25 by Hertsseasider

*Psssst Robbie. 08.57 from St P

Thats all.

Pssst. Thanks. I think we should start off as planned in the ST, at least as long as it takes for the South Shore Possee to get there, as they've gone that route especially.

afroman on 14:00 - Nov 25 with 1445 viewstangerinemoss

afroman on 13:53 - Nov 25 by basilrobbiereborn

moss

Robbie, I credit you with knowing exactly what you were doing, and even in your reply, have a pop by saying "it says far more about them than it does me". According to whom?

afroman on 14:06 - Nov 25 with 1434 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

afroman on 14:00 - Nov 25 by tangerinemoss

Robbie, I credit you with knowing exactly what you were doing, and even in your reply, have a pop by saying "it says far more about them than it does me". According to whom?

According to me, of course. It's another of those pesky opinions.

Dealing with your substantive point, we all post to elicit a reaction, don't we? Otherwise, what would be the point?

afroman on 14:09 - Nov 25 with 1432 viewstangerinemoss

afroman on 14:06 - Nov 25 by basilrobbiereborn

According to me, of course. It's another of those pesky opinions.

Dealing with your substantive point, we all post to elicit a reaction, don't we? Otherwise, what would be the point?

To elicit a reaction, perhaps, or how about to learn, to hear new views, to modify our own views in debate?

afroman on 14:15 - Nov 25 with 1423 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

afroman on 14:09 - Nov 25 by tangerinemoss

To elicit a reaction, perhaps, or how about to learn, to hear new views, to modify our own views in debate?

Well it's reassuring that you are prepared to learn from me.

afroman on 15:08 - Nov 25 with 1398 viewstangerinemoss

afroman on 14:15 - Nov 25 by basilrobbiereborn

Well it's reassuring that you are prepared to learn from me.

About whom was it said "The ego has landed?"

afroman on 15:09 - Nov 25 with 1393 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

afroman on 15:08 - Nov 25 by tangerinemoss

About whom was it said "The ego has landed?"

(robbie takes hold of the rod, that must have been a nibble)

afroman on 15:26 - Nov 25 with 1377 viewsMephistopheles

afroman on 15:09 - Nov 25 by basilrobbiereborn

(robbie takes hold of the rod, that must have been a nibble)

God it's full of gaylords this forum.

afroman on 15:28 - Nov 25 with 1375 viewsoneswallow

afroman on 15:26 - Nov 25 by Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles - you just outed yourself
afroman on 15:31 - Nov 25 with 1366 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

afroman on 15:26 - Nov 25 by Mephistopheles

Meph

I've just re-read my last post, and I make you quite right.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024