Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it a Swansea fan thing 08:27 - Nov 30 with 4742 viewsdgt73

That every time the team doesn't play to its absolute maximum, there seems to be some kind of mental break down and everything takes a hammering from players to refs to fans allegedly not creating a good atmosphere. My second question is do Swansea fans understand the expression "keeping things in perspective" ??????????????????????????. Answers on a postcard please.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 08:43 - Nov 30 with 2566 viewsJackfath

I normally avoid things you say on here like ebola.

However on this point you are 100% correct. Case in point yesterday was a few touches after Bony scored the goal, people were slating him for his touch. It's incredible that some are so blinkered that they expect a 100% performance every minute.

As I have said numerous times before, many of our "fans" are spoiled rotten with what they witness.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 08:52 - Nov 30 with 2530 viewsswanny

It's why I'm rarely here any more - I can't bear it

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 08:54 - Nov 30 with 2525 viewsJackfath

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 08:52 - Nov 30 by swanny

That's a shame as you're my favourite female poster.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:15 - Nov 30 with 2496 viewsjack247

First question - no it's just a football fan thing.

Second question - I know where you are coming from on this, we 'should' be beating Palace at home, but you are never going to beat every team you are better than. People who moan at results like this tend to forget the points we have picked up where we were expected to lose, Man U, Everton and Arsenal.
Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:35 - Nov 30 with 2447 viewsJackToff

Ever was it thus

However there recently seems to be a second group who will allow no debate about anything that went wrong without a similarly massive overreaction, like a touchy parent on parents evening
Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:41 - Nov 30 with 2419 viewsoldcob

Its not exclusive to Swansea, its fans everywhere. They sometimes forget there's a team playing against us.
Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:43 - Nov 30 with 2417 viewsmonmouth

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 08:52 - Nov 30 by swanny

This is more about the people at the liberty though isn't it? The numpties in the stadium make the numpties on here seem well balanced. Sure I heard a few cries of 'get him off' reappearing yesterday....in the first half...and one I'm sure directed at Bony......

As to this site, I wish you would post more too.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:50 - Nov 30 with 2394 viewsdgt73

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:35 - Nov 30 by JackToff

Ever was it thus

However there recently seems to be a second group who will allow no debate about anything that went wrong without a similarly massive overreaction, like a touchy parent on parents evening

Debate is one thing, flying off the handle because someone made a wrong decision is something else. If you put even decision under the microscope, just because we didn't win is just pointless and to be honest i didn't think we played that badly yesterday and give palace some credit.

Login to get fewer ads

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:51 - Nov 30 with 2390 viewsVetchitBack

Agree about the atmosphere point.

They were happy being one all to Swansea. We weren't happy being one all to Palace.

It's a sign of our superiority. Let's hope the players can understand and share that.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:51 - Nov 30 with 2388 viewsdgt73

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:43 - Nov 30 by monmouth

This is more about the people at the liberty though isn't it? The numpties in the stadium make the numpties on here seem well balanced. Sure I heard a few cries of 'get him off' reappearing yesterday....in the first half...and one I'm sure directed at Bony......

As to this site, I wish you would post more too.

Was someone really shouting for bony to come off lol.

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 10:02 - Nov 30 with 2347 viewsDarran

This is one of the best threads of 2014.

We have a lot of w*nkers following us at the moment and I wish they'd all f*ck off.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 10:07 - Nov 30 with 2333 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 08:54 - Nov 30 by Jackfath

That's a shame as you're my favourite female poster.

I bet you say that to LondonLisa too you absolute rascal

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 10:07 - Nov 30 with 2323 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 10:02 - Nov 30 by Darran

This is one of the best threads of 2014.

We have a lot of w*nkers following us at the moment and I wish they'd all f*ck off.

Going are you ?

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:00 - Nov 30 with 2231 viewsScoobyWho

Unfortunately the OP doesn't see that he answered his question in his question. That doesn't surprise me tho. The reason why we are Swansea fans and the REASON why we support Swansea City is because we ALWAYS want what is best for the club. It's not melt down, its human reaction to bad news, and emotionally this is one of the places it spills over.

FFS deal with it, by Tuesday it could be a whole lot worse, or even better.

The desire for everyone to be the same as the OP by the OP is almost Reich like.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 11:00]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:08 - Nov 30 with 2193 viewsdgt73

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:00 - Nov 30 by ScoobyWho

Unfortunately the OP doesn't see that he answered his question in his question. That doesn't surprise me tho. The reason why we are Swansea fans and the REASON why we support Swansea City is because we ALWAYS want what is best for the club. It's not melt down, its human reaction to bad news, and emotionally this is one of the places it spills over.

FFS deal with it, by Tuesday it could be a whole lot worse, or even better.

The desire for everyone to be the same as the OP by the OP is almost Reich like.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 11:00]

Bad news ??????????????.

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:14 - Nov 30 with 2174 viewsScoobyWho

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:08 - Nov 30 by dgt73

Bad news ??????????????.

Yes, some see a draw as bad news. To put it simply.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:16 - Nov 30 with 2166 viewsdgt73

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:14 - Nov 30 by ScoobyWho

Yes, some see a draw as bad news. To put it simply.

Oh right how silly of me.

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:16 - Nov 30 with 2166 viewsLeonisGod

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:08 - Nov 30 by dgt73

Bad news ??????????????.

A display not meeting our own high standards i suspect. We were far from our best yesterday.
Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:28 - Nov 30 with 2140 viewsParlay

Did you not see my thread a few days ago about us being too confident and should we not lose then accept that it is nowhere near guaranteed. Apparently i was "being silly and we would smash em 3-0 and they had no good players".

I wanted to put things into perspective as i could see it coming a mile off. Tiresome.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 12:10 - Nov 30 with 2089 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:16 - Nov 30 by LeonisGod

A display not meeting our own high standards i suspect. We were far from our best yesterday.

Is the reasoned and balanced viewpoint. Darran and DGT, take note

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 12:15 - Nov 30 with 2071 viewsMrSwan

i think we are the only fans that one a supporter is angry we automatically brand them as a Cardiff fan.

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 12:22 - Nov 30 with 2057 viewsDarran

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 12:10 - Nov 30 by Brynmill_Jack

Is the reasoned and balanced viewpoint. Darran and DGT, take note

F*cking rubbish it's called football.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 12:32 - Nov 30 with 2039 viewsjacksinceever

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 11:16 - Nov 30 by LeonisGod

I agree with this. The reason I suspect the atmosphere dipped was after Bony's goal we should have gone for the jugular, and finished them off. Then following Bony's uncharacteristic mistake, the failure to clear the ball and the subsequent soft penalty, we failed to go on the offensive and get the lead back.
Monk on his interview yesterday said that we should have scored with a few chances.
The team set themselves high standards and failed to live up to them yesterday
Is it a Swansea fan thing on 15:30 - Nov 30 with 1922 viewsymaohyd

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 09:41 - Nov 30 by oldcob

Its not exclusive to Swansea, its fans everywhere. They sometimes forget there's a team playing against us.

Yes. I think football fans are generally the same, people are passionate about their club wanting them to win so badly that it creates a negative atmosphere at times.

What I would say is that we are about to enter a phase new to us.Up to now I think Swans fans have had a healthy perspective, generally delighted to be in the PL and happy to survive. Now, fans will look at the league table and have illusions of grandeur rather than keeping it real.

Example would be Charlton fans, when they were in the Prem getting pi**ed off that they tended to finish the season poorly. Charlton would secure their PL status early on, then the season would tail off. Listening to Talk Sport, it used to amaze me, the Charlton fans moaning and calling for the managers head!

As I say, I'd like to think that we'll always keep it real. That's not being negative, in just wanting to stay up, but the atmosphere will always be good if we have the attitude that every game is a must win game and 3 points closer to safety.

When we start to think that we are a PL fixture that's when in my opinion, we'll be at our most vulnerable.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 15:52 - Nov 30 with 1875 viewsmonmouth

Is it a Swansea fan thing on 15:30 - Nov 30 by ymaohyd

Yes. I think football fans are generally the same, people are passionate about their club wanting them to win so badly that it creates a negative atmosphere at times.

What I would say is that we are about to enter a phase new to us.Up to now I think Swans fans have had a healthy perspective, generally delighted to be in the PL and happy to survive. Now, fans will look at the league table and have illusions of grandeur rather than keeping it real.

Example would be Charlton fans, when they were in the Prem getting pi**ed off that they tended to finish the season poorly. Charlton would secure their PL status early on, then the season would tail off. Listening to Talk Sport, it used to amaze me, the Charlton fans moaning and calling for the managers head!

As I say, I'd like to think that we'll always keep it real. That's not being negative, in just wanting to stay up, but the atmosphere will always be good if we have the attitude that every game is a must win game and 3 points closer to safety.

When we start to think that we are a PL fixture that's when in my opinion, we'll be at our most vulnerable.

Yes....that season under ML when we were safe at the end of February became the most weirdly miserable watching experience with a totally dead crowd and disinterested team. Similarly under Brodger, I remember some booing when we drew with Wolves and serious moaning before that when we lost three to everton, newcy and QPR even though we were clearly going to be safe (a wonderous achievement...even more so in retrospect).

Football needs pressure these days it seems to generate an atmosphere. It never used to be thus...I remember simply wanting us to annihilate what was in front of us, not much caring about the table.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2014 15:54]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024