Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
THE FUTURE 22:49 - Dec 30 with 5852 viewsphil007tangerine

An excellent article that every BFC fan should read -

http://measuredprogress.co.uk/statistical-analysis/preparing-relegation/
THE FUTURE on 07:18 - Dec 31 with 4762 viewsTwoPhillips

Absolutely spot on - two fold problem - who will want to come for a relegation battle and who will want to come for a rebuilding job! Big problems for Clark in the New Year - I'd go along the Dom Telford line and get exciting players in for the future of the club.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

THE FUTURE on 10:03 - Dec 31 with 4746 viewsphil007tangerine

THE FUTURE on 07:18 - Dec 31 by TwoPhillips

Absolutely spot on - two fold problem - who will want to come for a relegation battle and who will want to come for a rebuilding job! Big problems for Clark in the New Year - I'd go along the Dom Telford line and get exciting players in for the future of the club.

As recent history shows exciting young players are instantly sold.

Harrison McGahey and Connor Hunt ...

Lee Clark will no doubt suffer the same frustrations as previous managers in the New Year and will be gone before the end of the season.

Once the maximum has been stripped from the club the Oystons will leave, hopefully much sooner. VB is the only hope, many fans will return when the Oystons leave but either way it will take many years for BFC to recover.
THE FUTURE on 10:17 - Dec 31 with 4734 viewsterminallytangerine

THE FUTURE on 10:03 - Dec 31 by phil007tangerine

As recent history shows exciting young players are instantly sold.

Harrison McGahey and Connor Hunt ...

Lee Clark will no doubt suffer the same frustrations as previous managers in the New Year and will be gone before the end of the season.

Once the maximum has been stripped from the club the Oystons will leave, hopefully much sooner. VB is the only hope, many fans will return when the Oystons leave but either way it will take many years for BFC to recover.

I thought it was again a very well written article though Clark has had the added disadvantage of not yet having the vocal support given to previous managers at least at the start of their reigns..

It is difficult to foretell the future and while most of us would welcome the Narnia scenario of new owners meaning investment and the end of winter without Christmas there is as yet no guarantee that this will happen.

The only way forward is for a change in policy so that we buy well and develop young talent (without selling them so cheaply: what we would do now for a centre half who could break out of defence with the ball and make a telling pass as Evatt did on his better days and as McGahey seems to have been beginning to do before he was let go).

I agree it will take many years to heel the wounds and I long for the day when we can all be united not only in wanting a better future but in backing the team who for good or ill represent our club. Many fans will stay whatever because that's what fans do.
THE FUTURE on 14:39 - Dec 31 with 4671 viewsWizaard

THE FUTURE on 10:17 - Dec 31 by terminallytangerine

I thought it was again a very well written article though Clark has had the added disadvantage of not yet having the vocal support given to previous managers at least at the start of their reigns..

It is difficult to foretell the future and while most of us would welcome the Narnia scenario of new owners meaning investment and the end of winter without Christmas there is as yet no guarantee that this will happen.

The only way forward is for a change in policy so that we buy well and develop young talent (without selling them so cheaply: what we would do now for a centre half who could break out of defence with the ball and make a telling pass as Evatt did on his better days and as McGahey seems to have been beginning to do before he was let go).

I agree it will take many years to heel the wounds and I long for the day when we can all be united not only in wanting a better future but in backing the team who for good or ill represent our club. Many fans will stay whatever because that's what fans do.

The only way forward is for the completely discredited owners to sell up. There's no way back with the vast majority of the fanbase.
THE FUTURE on 18:28 - Dec 31 with 4635 viewsOldSkool

Very good article.
THE FUTURE on 10:37 - Jan 1 with 4597 viewsWindyMiller

THE FUTURE on 18:28 - Dec 31 by OldSkool

Very good article.

Good but depressing article. It is like we're waiting for the club to die.

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

THE FUTURE on 11:14 - Jan 6 with 4538 viewsphil007tangerine

THE FUTURE on 07:18 - Dec 31 by TwoPhillips

As predicted the 'strength through youth' option is a complete non-starter, as soon as they show any promise they are instantly sold. Next up Telford and Waddington.

All routes to safety, let alone success have been closed. Plain as day. The intent obvious.

Still we have those who call for 'dialogue' -unreal.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 11:28]
THE FUTURE on 11:38 - Jan 6 with 4511 views20togo

THE FUTURE on 11:14 - Jan 6 by phil007tangerine

As predicted the 'strength through youth' option is a complete non-starter, as soon as they show any promise they are instantly sold. Next up Telford and Waddington.

All routes to safety, let alone success have been closed. Plain as day. The intent obvious.

Still we have those who call for 'dialogue' -unreal.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 11:28]

"Still we have those who call for 'dialogue' -unreal"

You mean like BST's last statement to Owen.

You don't half keep shooting yourself in the foot.
Login to get fewer ads

THE FUTURE on 11:48 - Jan 6 with 4503 viewsMephistopheles

Don't blame BSA/BST for wanting dialogue and I previously thought it needed to be there as option however now to me it's all futile.

The all too obvious operation to destroy means that nothing will ever come of it apart from self-serving (Os) superficial gestures. In fact I'd go so far to say that come May there won't be any more incentives or spin as is usually seen.

They need to go completely. Ousted and replaced in full by a consortium of people who are willing to put football before anything else.
THE FUTURE on 12:22 - Jan 6 with 4479 viewsphil007tangerine

THE FUTURE on 11:38 - Jan 6 by 20togo

"Still we have those who call for 'dialogue' -unreal"

You mean like BST's last statement to Owen.

You don't half keep shooting yourself in the foot.

BST asks for Karl to resign -did you miss that 20's or the 6000 + signatures it garnered for the petition?

BST -"Options for discussion could include: bringing in a Director of Football to properly oversee the management of the club, agreeing to sell Blackpool FC to new owners who have demonstrated an aptitude for investing in and running a Football League club, bequeathing Bloomfield Road to the Supporters’ Trust, formally constituting supporters’ representation on the board of the club."

Quite a different agenda from BSA eh who are still happy to talk with Karl? Who oppose 'undermining the Chairman' as de facto policy, regardless of events.

Keep grasping those straws 20's.
THE FUTURE on 12:29 - Jan 6 with 4473 views20togo

THE FUTURE on 12:22 - Jan 6 by phil007tangerine

BST asks for Karl to resign -did you miss that 20's or the 6000 + signatures it garnered for the petition?

BST -"Options for discussion could include: bringing in a Director of Football to properly oversee the management of the club, agreeing to sell Blackpool FC to new owners who have demonstrated an aptitude for investing in and running a Football League club, bequeathing Bloomfield Road to the Supporters’ Trust, formally constituting supporters’ representation on the board of the club."

Quite a different agenda from BSA eh who are still happy to talk with Karl? Who oppose 'undermining the Chairman' as de facto policy, regardless of events.

Phil

I didn't make the statement you did. You said those calling for dialogue were "unreal". Now a simple yes or no will suffice. Is that what BST have done?

But you realise you've goofed so now state dialogue is ok but it's all about the agenda.

Look, I think the club should engage with BST - have said that for quite a while. Whereas you can't even stick to the same opinion in one single thread on the same day.
THE FUTURE on 13:20 - Jan 6 with 4436 viewsterminallytangerine

THE FUTURE on 12:22 - Jan 6 by phil007tangerine

No difference between the aims of the two organisations in trying to secure a better future for BFC, and if the issues on the BST agenda were to be realised I don't think there would be anyone unhappy about it.

No need to create divisions for the sake of it.

It's good to talk.
THE FUTURE on 13:25 - Jan 6 with 4432 viewsstraightatthewall

THE FUTURE on 13:20 - Jan 6 by terminallytangerine

No difference between the aims of the two organisations in trying to secure a better future for BFC, and if the issues on the BST agenda were to be realised I don't think there would be anyone unhappy about it.

No need to create divisions for the sake of it.

It's good to talk.

It's even better to be united. Leave him BSA, he's not worth it....

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

THE FUTURE on 14:24 - Jan 6 with 4383 views20togo

THE FUTURE on 13:25 - Jan 6 by straightatthewall

It's even better to be united. Leave him BSA, he's not worth it....

You're right straters, Phils not worth it. But he can debate his point well.

"Options for discussion could include: bringing in a Director of Football to properly oversee the management of the club, agreeing to sell Blackpool FC to new owners who have demonstrated an aptitude for investing in and running a Football League club, bequeathing Bloomfield Road to the Supporters’ Trust, formally constituting supporters’ representation on the board of the club."

Would the owner and director of any multi million pound turnover business seriously enter into talks with that agenda? I'm not knocking BST here but what bargaining tools have they got? Do you seriously believe any of that is achievable unless the Oystons want it to be! I'm sorry, but any decision about BFC will be made by the Oystons. Why? Because they virtually own the whole club.

It seems to me people are still underestimating them and the power and control they have at BFC.
THE FUTURE on 14:51 - Jan 6 with 4374 viewsphil007tangerine

THE FUTURE on 14:24 - Jan 6 by 20togo

You're right straters, Phils not worth it. But he can debate his point well.

"Options for discussion could include: bringing in a Director of Football to properly oversee the management of the club, agreeing to sell Blackpool FC to new owners who have demonstrated an aptitude for investing in and running a Football League club, bequeathing Bloomfield Road to the Supporters’ Trust, formally constituting supporters’ representation on the board of the club."

Would the owner and director of any multi million pound turnover business seriously enter into talks with that agenda? I'm not knocking BST here but what bargaining tools have they got? Do you seriously believe any of that is achievable unless the Oystons want it to be! I'm sorry, but any decision about BFC will be made by the Oystons. Why? Because they virtually own the whole club.

It seems to me people are still underestimating them and the power and control they have at BFC.

You've just explained my point for me 20's. Negotiating essentially terms of surrender is not quite the same as constant useless dialogue is it? BSA is an on going destructive relationship that the Chairman uses to hide behind and deflect criticism it's not helping the club, quite the opposite. Constantly ignored and even when stood up they come back for more.

By 'him' Straighters means Karl, 'united ' was the big clue there.

Edit to add : All arguments aside, what future do you see under the Oystons seriously?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 14:58]
THE FUTURE on 15:17 - Jan 6 with 4366 views20togo

THE FUTURE on 14:51 - Jan 6 by phil007tangerine

You've just explained my point for me 20's. Negotiating essentially terms of surrender is not quite the same as constant useless dialogue is it? BSA is an on going destructive relationship that the Chairman uses to hide behind and deflect criticism it's not helping the club, quite the opposite. Constantly ignored and even when stood up they come back for more.

By 'him' Straighters means Karl, 'united ' was the big clue there.

Edit to add : All arguments aside, what future do you see under the Oystons seriously?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2015 14:58]

Phil

Don't worry, I understood who Straters was meaning.

"Negotiating essentially terms of surrender".

You make it sound so simple and easy. Get in the real world. The Oystons by owning the club hold all the aces. They will go on their terms not BST's or anyone elses. BST can't go in demanding all those things - it just ain't gonna happen.

And I make my position very clear. It's not about BST, It's not about BSA. it's all about the Oystons. Talk is cheap Phil, all those suggestions are just talk and nothing else. They as a group won't even get to the table with that agenda.

What future do I see under the Oystons? Well, none really. I don't support the Oystons at all. We need them gone. But they aren't just gonna roll over and surrender as you like to describe. This court case against a fan should tell you that!

But I will continue to stand up for BSA and them being allowed to make their own decisions as to their future. If they disband, become independent then fair enough. If they carry on in the same role then the same too. I'm not fussed either way.

And basically, that's probably all we disagree on.
THE FUTURE on 16:13 - Jan 6 with 4342 viewsphil007tangerine

THE FUTURE on 15:17 - Jan 6 by 20togo

Phil

Don't worry, I understood who Straters was meaning.

"Negotiating essentially terms of surrender".

You make it sound so simple and easy. Get in the real world. The Oystons by owning the club hold all the aces. They will go on their terms not BST's or anyone elses. BST can't go in demanding all those things - it just ain't gonna happen.

And I make my position very clear. It's not about BST, It's not about BSA. it's all about the Oystons. Talk is cheap Phil, all those suggestions are just talk and nothing else. They as a group won't even get to the table with that agenda.

What future do I see under the Oystons? Well, none really. I don't support the Oystons at all. We need them gone. But they aren't just gonna roll over and surrender as you like to describe. This court case against a fan should tell you that!

But I will continue to stand up for BSA and them being allowed to make their own decisions as to their future. If they disband, become independent then fair enough. If they carry on in the same role then the same too. I'm not fussed either way.

And basically, that's probably all we disagree on.

Far from simple and easy and no I didn't expect them to agree.

Isolating Karl and boycotting the club seem to be the only options left. The entire situation is getting more and more 'surreal' the court case(s) just being the latest twist. The 'never ending revenge mission' appears more than mere jest.....

Expect a double relegation with BSA standing by him and 'dialoguing' right up the moment he says 'I've taken the lot, please turn the light out for me'

'Yes Mr Oyston' replies TT.....
THE FUTURE on 16:41 - Jan 6 with 4323 views20togo

THE FUTURE on 16:13 - Jan 6 by phil007tangerine

Far from simple and easy and no I didn't expect them to agree.

Isolating Karl and boycotting the club seem to be the only options left. The entire situation is getting more and more 'surreal' the court case(s) just being the latest twist. The 'never ending revenge mission' appears more than mere jest.....

Expect a double relegation with BSA standing by him and 'dialoguing' right up the moment he says 'I've taken the lot, please turn the light out for me'

'Yes Mr Oyston' replies TT.....

I think you over-egg the "standing by him" comment.

I don't think I've read one statement,message, open letter or whatever in support of Oyston and his policies of how the club is run. Do you seem to be unable to recognise that fact. All there has been is criticism so I fail to see that is "standing by him".

What they do agree to do is have dialogue and as you freely admit and what we all know is what BST also want. [and should have].

And like i've mentioned, you can't just go in there demanding this that and the other which is basically what BST seems to think should be on the agenda. You have to discuss things - talk about situations.

And I repeat before you come back at me with the not getting anywhere scenario, BSA focus on other issues as well where dialogue is important.
THE FUTURE on 17:38 - Jan 6 with 4291 viewsstraightatthewall

THE FUTURE on 16:41 - Jan 6 by 20togo

I think you over-egg the "standing by him" comment.

I don't think I've read one statement,message, open letter or whatever in support of Oyston and his policies of how the club is run. Do you seem to be unable to recognise that fact. All there has been is criticism so I fail to see that is "standing by him".

What they do agree to do is have dialogue and as you freely admit and what we all know is what BST also want. [and should have].

And like i've mentioned, you can't just go in there demanding this that and the other which is basically what BST seems to think should be on the agenda. You have to discuss things - talk about situations.

And I repeat before you come back at me with the not getting anywhere scenario, BSA focus on other issues as well where dialogue is important.

There are no issues as important as the wanton and wilful destruction of the club we all love. There's nothing SO important that it's worth legitimising the self-serving greedy family for.

They should have openly and publicly denounced him months ago. Everyone can see it. They are playing by the rules, he is doing what he likes. Why continue to play that game?

And I hate myself for getting drawn into this argument once more, but people need to realise that supporters can only be strong as one group.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

THE FUTURE on 17:57 - Jan 6 with 4275 viewsterminallytangerine

THE FUTURE on 17:38 - Jan 6 by straightatthewall

There are no issues as important as the wanton and wilful destruction of the club we all love. There's nothing SO important that it's worth legitimising the self-serving greedy family for.

They should have openly and publicly denounced him months ago. Everyone can see it. They are playing by the rules, he is doing what he likes. Why continue to play that game?

And I hate myself for getting drawn into this argument once more, but people need to realise that supporters can only be strong as one group.

I also hate getting drawn into this debate as well, particularly when it deteriorates into the lies and innuendo that Phil constantly pedals to justify his stalking. Sorry Phil but your constant mission to criticise an organisation you don't belong to certainly comes across that way.

I would argue that BSA's stance has for the last year been one of open and public denunciation of his actions as a chairman and a call for a change in policy.

I would much rather agree to disagree with people over a pint than to have this constant attempt at points scoring (and you'll be hard to find any from me towards BST/SISA).

Given so many differences in approach I can't see one group representing all voices (NAPM, Tangerine Knights, Families just wanting to enjoy the football, without mentioning BSA or BST?) but that doesn't mean - as I've said so many times before - that there is not more that unites us than divides us. We are all Blackpool supporters wanting to see and to work towards - in different ways - a better future.

This is something to be valued and built on not torn apart by ill-informed, internecine bickering.
THE FUTURE on 21:18 - Jan 6 with 4207 viewsphil007tangerine

THE FUTURE on 17:57 - Jan 6 by terminallytangerine

I also hate getting drawn into this debate as well, particularly when it deteriorates into the lies and innuendo that Phil constantly pedals to justify his stalking. Sorry Phil but your constant mission to criticise an organisation you don't belong to certainly comes across that way.

I would argue that BSA's stance has for the last year been one of open and public denunciation of his actions as a chairman and a call for a change in policy.

I would much rather agree to disagree with people over a pint than to have this constant attempt at points scoring (and you'll be hard to find any from me towards BST/SISA).

Given so many differences in approach I can't see one group representing all voices (NAPM, Tangerine Knights, Families just wanting to enjoy the football, without mentioning BSA or BST?) but that doesn't mean - as I've said so many times before - that there is not more that unites us than divides us. We are all Blackpool supporters wanting to see and to work towards - in different ways - a better future.

This is something to be valued and built on not torn apart by ill-informed, internecine bickering.

Stalking? It's you and 20's that jump all over my threads, and I deal in facts.

On core issues you have achieved the square root of sod all, yet as BFC crumbles you continually 'legitimise' as SATW puts it the man responsible. More, you seem more than happy to do it.

The collapse in your membership should tell you something, but you seem have the same stubbornness as Karl.
THE FUTURE on 22:08 - Jan 6 with 4185 viewsterminallytangerine

THE FUTURE on 21:18 - Jan 6 by phil007tangerine

Stalking? It's you and 20's that jump all over my threads, and I deal in facts.

On core issues you have achieved the square root of sod all, yet as BFC crumbles you continually 'legitimise' as SATW puts it the man responsible. More, you seem more than happy to do it.

The collapse in your membership should tell you something, but you seem have the same stubbornness as Karl.

Tempted as I am to point our the holes in practically everything you say here I don't think anything is likely to be achieved by continuing such a ridiculous argument.

We are going round in circles.

Goodbye for now.

(But have a peanut on me!)
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 11:15]
THE FUTURE on 11:11 - Jan 7 with 4103 views20togo

THE FUTURE on 17:38 - Jan 6 by straightatthewall

"And I hate myself for getting drawn into this argument once more, but people need to realise that supporters can only be strong as one group. "

We can't even get the whole anti Oyston group to agree so there really is very little chance of being united as one group. And of course you probably forget the biggest group of the lot - the apathetic.
THE FUTURE on 11:20 - Jan 7 with 4094 viewstangerinemoss

THE FUTURE on 11:11 - Jan 7 by 20togo

"And I hate myself for getting drawn into this argument once more, but people need to realise that supporters can only be strong as one group. "

We can't even get the whole anti Oyston group to agree so there really is very little chance of being united as one group. And of course you probably forget the biggest group of the lot - the apathetic.

Just seen elsewhere that the acting chair has resigned, citing, if I may paraphrase. the abuse she got. However, she condemns KO in the strongest possible terms, if one committee member feels this way, are TT and 20's so sure the rest of their membership don't feel the same way, and action is needed. "For evil to win, it only needs good men to do nothing

The reason this is important to those of us who are not members is that BSA claim to be the only official supporters group in the media, and they sure don't represent the majority of fans. I understand that their current membership is much lower than the unofficial voice, BST.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 11:22]

Life isn't fair. Learn that early on, and you will worry less and do more.
Poll: What decade did you first go to Bloomfield Road?

THE FUTURE on 11:38 - Jan 7 with 4078 views20togo

THE FUTURE on 11:20 - Jan 7 by tangerinemoss

Just seen elsewhere that the acting chair has resigned, citing, if I may paraphrase. the abuse she got. However, she condemns KO in the strongest possible terms, if one committee member feels this way, are TT and 20's so sure the rest of their membership don't feel the same way, and action is needed. "For evil to win, it only needs good men to do nothing

The reason this is important to those of us who are not members is that BSA claim to be the only official supporters group in the media, and they sure don't represent the majority of fans. I understand that their current membership is much lower than the unofficial voice, BST.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2015 11:22]

moss

It's really old ground you are going over.

If members don't feel the same way, then why are they saying nothing? I'll say it again, if any member is unhappy with the situation then email the committee and tell them. My guess is that most BSA members aren't interested in the politics.

Do BSA claim to represent the majority of fans? And BST membership is higher than BSA. Your point is?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024