Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans with autism and QPR 19:37 - Mar 8 with 3633 viewsmygeneration

Following on from the 'on a lighter note' thread...

I work with the National Autistic Society and proud to say that QPR has become the first football Club to get our Access Award. This is because of the efforts they are making to try to help fans with autism and their families have a good time at Loftus Road. This includes providing an easy read guide to visiting loftus road and developing an autism awareness programme to be delivered to staff in the coming months. Part of the award also relates to the great work done by qpr in the community in supporting people with autism in schools and adult provision.

The club is also required to ask fans with autism or their families for feedback which the Club is currently doing through the following questionnaire. Please do let the Club know what they are doing well but also what they could improve.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qpr-autism-survey-loftus-road-2204400.aspx

Fans with autism and QPR on 20:06 - Mar 8 with 3597 viewsBrightonhoop

Well done MyGen and all involved.
Fans with autism and QPR on 20:39 - Mar 8 with 3553 viewsHayesender

Well done to all involved here.

something very close to my heart as my son has aspergers

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Fans with autism and QPR on 20:51 - Mar 8 with 3538 views1BobbyHazell

This is brilliant. Respect to the club, something to be very proud of.
Fans with autism and QPR on 22:19 - Mar 8 with 3482 viewsmygeneration

The folk who especially deserve praise in the Club Andy Rees and Jordan Hayes and from QPR in the Community Andy Evans and Connor McBrearty
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:28 - Mar 9 with 3398 viewsdanehoop

Survey completed.

I have to say that I have huge admiration for the work of the QPR in the community team and their outreach work. It does make a positive difference to peoples lives and that is an amazingly positive thing to do.

From personal experience again I can't praise the club enough for how they have looked to go out of their way to support my son's visits. The effort that they put in last November for his birthday at very short notice was outstanding and made a very special day for my son. This time around again they really were supportive and Connor in the box office who handled arrangements both times was just so supportive, clearly committed to trying to be as helpful as possible.

Thats the kind of thing that makes the club very special for me and differentiates it from other clubs in that it is still local and down to earth in its outreach work. It isn't all about mega stars and all those trappings (though with the Sky contamination that is still there) rather it is the place that QPR has in the community and how it interacts with it. They havent always got it right in engagement with the wider fan base, but in this area they really do deserve a great deal of credit for what they do.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2015 8:38]

Never knowingly understood

Fans with autism and QPR on 09:40 - Mar 9 with 3366 viewsloftboy

All three of my sons are on the spectrum, my eldest and youngest quite severe and the Middle one on the fringes, youngest hasn't shown any interest in football at all but the other two have been going since they were 4, I can't compliment the club high enough on what they do to ambulant fans.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Fans with autism and QPR on 11:35 - Mar 9 with 3328 viewssexton

My son has Asperger's so congratulations to all involved.

Given that people with autism can suffer from sensory overload the club might consider turning down the sodding volume on the tannoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024