Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread 15:24 - May 17 with 12903 viewsMrSwerve

Hmmm....

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:13 - May 17 with 2448 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:11 - May 17 by MrSwerve

Wonder what they'd have done if Wilf stuck the ball in the net and promptly came over to do a samba dance infront of them.

Held up board with the number 10 on them.

Here is a pic of one of them.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:14 - May 17 with 2446 viewsDarran

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:12 - May 17 by scottishjack

I am utterly, utterly disconnected from some of our fans these days...Who are some of these folks?

When there are 11 players out there giving their all for the Swans, and one of the opposition effectively kills our chance of taking a point, to applaud it is just unbelievable! I stood there just looking around at some of the "Supporters" around me and just shook my head sadly. It's all changed these days, not for the better!

Absolutely agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:15 - May 17 with 2444 viewslibertine

I think
the fast show did a sketch about some new football fan with a hamper of food and some champers who had previously been a cricket fan doing exactly

what the clapping fools did today,
it was so funny to watch, imagine that happening in real life!!!

oh dear the clapping fools still clap in fairness at their defeat.

well done! once more into the brink! tally ho!
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:23 - May 17 with 2410 viewsAngelRangelQS

Surely it was the respect he showed to the fans that was being clapped? Not that I did.

I did clap Lampard off though.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:24 - May 17 with 2401 viewskopperburgjack

Clap him when he comes on/after the match, but clapping him when he's scored against us, pathetic

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:26 - May 17 with 2390 viewsmax936

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:14 - May 17 by Darran

Absolutely agree.

I couldn't understand it myself either, me and the fella sitting by me just looked at each and said wtf.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:26 - May 17 with 2386 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:23 - May 17 by AngelRangelQS

Surely it was the respect he showed to the fans that was being clapped? Not that I did.

I did clap Lampard off though.

Follow the logic there!

Damn, Bony scored. Hang on he's not celebrating. That's great, I'll clap him.

MENTAL.

I assumed the clapping for FAT frank was due to there being a lot of fans of his Saturday night comedy sports show.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:29 - May 17 with 2366 viewsAngelRangelQS

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:26 - May 17 by Jackfath

Follow the logic there!

Damn, Bony scored. Hang on he's not celebrating. That's great, I'll clap him.

MENTAL.

I assumed the clapping for FAT frank was due to there being a lot of fans of his Saturday night comedy sports show.

Personally I don't know why everyone's got their knickers in twist.

Presumably if Bony had gone racing down the touch line giving the West stand the bird, the thread would have been questioning why he had shown such a lack of respect to the Swans fans.
Login to get fewer ads

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:32 - May 17 with 2338 viewsJackfath

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:29 - May 17 by AngelRangelQS

Personally I don't know why everyone's got their knickers in twist.

Presumably if Bony had gone racing down the touch line giving the West stand the bird, the thread would have been questioning why he had shown such a lack of respect to the Swans fans.

Personally I wouldn't have given two hoots if he'd done that. In fact I would have thought, that's good, he's showing some PASSION and DESIRE for his NEW CLUB and FANS.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:34 - May 17 with 2332 viewsAngelRangelQS

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:32 - May 17 by Jackfath

Personally I wouldn't have given two hoots if he'd done that. In fact I would have thought, that's good, he's showing some PASSION and DESIRE for his NEW CLUB and FANS.

So soon after leaving I'd have thought "cock".

Next season though I'd be disappointed if he did anything else
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:39 - May 17 with 2314 viewsLohengrin

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:12 - May 17 by scottishjack

I am utterly, utterly disconnected from some of our fans these days...Who are some of these folks?

When there are 11 players out there giving their all for the Swans, and one of the opposition effectively kills our chance of taking a point, to applaud it is just unbelievable! I stood there just looking around at some of the "Supporters" around me and just shook my head sadly. It's all changed these days, not for the better!

He's black though. Presumably if you were picked up on CCTV not applauding you'd be courting arrest, and quite right too.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:40 - May 17 with 2306 viewsLeonisGod

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 16:46 - May 17 by fbreath

Yes ash was so miffed with the applause wilf got that the first thing he did at the final whistle was swap shirts with him

Which was obviously completely unrelated. The club always say what a difference the crowd can make, so it seems a bit odd to cheer the opposition to me. After the game fine, but not during it.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:43 - May 17 with 2294 viewsAngelRangelQS

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:40 - May 17 by LeonisGod

Which was obviously completely unrelated. The club always say what a difference the crowd can make, so it seems a bit odd to cheer the opposition to me. After the game fine, but not during it.

The opposition was hardly cheered.

Bloody hell he was clapped onto the pitch and then applauded, in the 92nd minute, for not celebrating his goal which was clearly a show of appreciation for the club and the fans.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:59 - May 17 with 2256 viewsGowerjack

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:05 - May 17 by Darran

One of the most pathetic things I've ever witnessed in all my years watching Swansea City.

Clapping an opponents goal? Really?

The games gone mad.

Spot on Pross

I was appalled.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:00 - May 17 with 2256 viewsLeonisGod

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:43 - May 17 by AngelRangelQS

The opposition was hardly cheered.

Bloody hell he was clapped onto the pitch and then applauded, in the 92nd minute, for not celebrating his goal which was clearly a show of appreciation for the club and the fans.

It's no major deal, I just find it a bit too lovey lovey during the match.
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:07 - May 17 with 2049 viewsGowerjack

And another thing.

We quite rightly gave the scum massive s hit when they applauded Ramsey's goal for The Arse against them last season.

Now we do the same for Bony.

Plastic fans everywhere.

Shocking.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:18 - May 17 with 2007 viewsskippyjack

Fair enough if it was Alan Tate or Roger Freestone scoring a 90th minute header.. But applauding a mercenary.. Applauding Lampard was the most weird applause today.. Jordi Gomez and Scott Sinclair got pelters down here.. Danny Graham was lauded.. Caulker was slaughtered.. Ryan Giggs got a standing ovation.. Even some soap star who has no connection to Swansea had a round of applause.. Shaun Mac got called a legend.. I'm miffed by the world lately.. It's not going mad.. It's gone past that.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:18 - May 17 with 2005 viewslibertine

the future of the game is in big trouble

this PC nonsense

in the future a Fan will have to have equal allegiance to all sides playing,
non of which can win and any move on the field must be cheered by every person deemed fan, and all fans must be clapped by other fans for clapping well.

the fan must wear colours of all sides in the league or in fact in all leagues.
players on the field of either side can pass to any other player of the opposition or the crowd

all final scores must be equal on all sides.

everyone is a winner
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:20 - May 17 with 1998 viewsDarran

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:07 - May 17 by Gowerjack

And another thing.

We quite rightly gave the scum massive s hit when they applauded Ramsey's goal for The Arse against them last season.

Now we do the same for Bony.

Plastic fans everywhere.

Shocking.

Exactly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:32 - May 17 with 1968 viewsAngelRangelQS

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:18 - May 17 by libertine

the future of the game is in big trouble

this PC nonsense

in the future a Fan will have to have equal allegiance to all sides playing,
non of which can win and any move on the field must be cheered by every person deemed fan, and all fans must be clapped by other fans for clapping well.

the fan must wear colours of all sides in the league or in fact in all leagues.
players on the field of either side can pass to any other player of the opposition or the crowd

all final scores must be equal on all sides.

everyone is a winner

And the award for overreaction of the day goes to...
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 18:45 - May 17 with 1945 viewsAnotherJohn

Although I was muttering expletives rather than applauding Wilf's goal, the clapping didn't bother me that much. What does irritate me immensely is the narrative that says that a player like Wilf is bound to leave little old Swansea, that we should wish him well, and even go as far as to become closet Citeh fans as we purr from afar as Wilf bangs in the goals. As far as I am concerned there isn't a team in the Prem that I wouldn't be prepared to see us relegate, even if it put our ex-players in the dole queue..
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 19:44 - May 17 with 1847 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 15:51 - May 17 by icecoldjack

I get your point, not sure why people decided to clap but if ever there was a time to do it i guess a last minute goal in a game that meant very little where the result was all but over was probably the best time!

Wilf had a great reception and i'm glad for him, i don't think it was the worst thing to happen at a football game .

Man city had too much class for us today and deserved the win, it was a sterling effort by our players but quality told.

Spot on. The lads gave their all and to be fair if the game ended 3-3 no one would have complained. If people want to give Bony a round of applause just for the contribution he made to us then why not? He didn't celebrate his goal as a mark of respect to us so as by injury time his goal had loite bearing on our season so why not clap him?

All you newbies want to look up the word sportsmanship in your dictionaries

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 19:48 - May 17 with 1841 views3swan

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:03 - May 17 by Jackfath

I am also not advocating booing him. Ambivalence is the way forward during the match towards any other player, surely? Clap our players not their when they score against us.

Today "the fans" of SCFC clapped a player who scored against us. Your forefathers would turn in their graves.

Not the ones who were at the Vetch that applauded Lua Lua scoring for Colchester
The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 19:58 - May 17 with 1808 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 17:59 - May 17 by Gowerjack

Spot on Pross

I was appalled.

Fair play, nice to see you're your "own man"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 20:02 - May 17 with 1794 viewsScoobyWho

The inevitable 'applause for Bony's goal' thread on 15:45 - May 17 by libertine

why not applaud frank whenever he scores against us.

ffs

where has this nonsense come from, I get the player bit not celebrating as its a case of mixed emotion, but the crowd clapping the goal

what the hell are we playing Victorian cricket

Thing that alarmed me was Bonys reception was somewhat louder than I have heard for actual Swans players coming on or leaving the pitch this season.

Pretty disturbing.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024