Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what position will ayew play? 04:53 - Jun 11 with 2228 viewsnyc_swans

assuming all of the current players are around september 1, what do you think?

is this a sign that the diamond will be here to stay?

most likely?
fab
taylor-williams-fernandez-naughton
jonjo-cork-ki-siggy
ayew
gomis

i honestly don't see how they buy another starting caliber player. hard to improve on this without spending huge amounts of money.
what position will ayew play? on 05:53 - Jun 11 with 2202 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The diamond will be used about 25-50% of the time if I had to predict today, and I think Ayew is perfectly suited to play up front with Gomis - much better for that role than Routs.

But we've still got to go back to wings most of the time. We are wasting Montero otherwise, and Siggy doesn't seem to flourish in the diamond either.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

what position will ayew play? on 06:29 - Jun 11 with 2172 viewssomersetsimon

what position will ayew play? on 05:53 - Jun 11 by Tummer_from_Texas

The diamond will be used about 25-50% of the time if I had to predict today, and I think Ayew is perfectly suited to play up front with Gomis - much better for that role than Routs.

But we've still got to go back to wings most of the time. We are wasting Montero otherwise, and Siggy doesn't seem to flourish in the diamond either.

I thought he could also play wide, so I assume he could play as one of the wingers when we go with that formation.
what position will ayew play? on 06:40 - Jun 11 with 2154 viewsjack247

what position will ayew play? on 06:29 - Jun 11 by somersetsimon

I thought he could also play wide, so I assume he could play as one of the wingers when we go with that formation.

It looks like the 4-4-2 is here to stay. I didn't think we could play without wingers, but it worked out really well. I can see that being our default formation with Ayew in place of Routs. The 'traditional' 4-3-3/4-5-1 will probably be used as a back up if we have injuries or suspensions in midfield and yeah, he would slot in as a winger.
what position will ayew play? on 08:36 - Jun 11 with 2057 viewsTummer_from_Texas

what position will ayew play? on 06:29 - Jun 11 by somersetsimon

Absolutely that too; i didn't mean to imply he won't be a wing too - in fact that may be his primary position. But he's versatile enough that he'll be a good option in the diamond, and can even spell Siggy and/or Gomis.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024