Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we ever going to own our ground? 10:24 - Jun 19 with 14489 viewsdaledaledale

Ten months on since Keith Hill announced the football club were trying to buy Spotland stadium. Does anyone know if we are any closer to completing the sale?
Are we ever going to own our ground? on 10:48 - Jun 19 with 5050 viewsDale23years

been trying to buy stadium for couple of years now. My gut feeling is that they are talking shite, i do hope am wrong.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 10:52 - Jun 19 with 5041 viewsaleanddale

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 10:48 - Jun 19 by Dale23years

been trying to buy stadium for couple of years now. My gut feeling is that they are talking shite, i do hope am wrong.

Who is talking shite??

I think it is very complicated with 3 parties looking to get the best deal...

It would not suprise me one bit if this runs and runs!! Regretfully.
Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:14 - Jun 19 with 4996 viewsDale23years

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 10:52 - Jun 19 by aleanddale

Who is talking shite??

I think it is very complicated with 3 parties looking to get the best deal...

It would not suprise me one bit if this runs and runs!! Regretfully.

our board of directors/chairman if they were really bothered/interested in buying ground it would of happened by now. At fans forum ( i think) a director said we we closer than we ever been to buying ground at hopefully and we should hear something before end of season ( don't know which end of season through) we not heard nothing since then.

I do hope am wrong but just a gut feeling
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 11:17]

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:18 - Jun 19 with 4986 views1mark1

The deal will be done when Rochdale AFC agree to pay the required amount of money to Rochdale MBC in a way that is acceptable to RMBC..

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:24 - Jun 19 with 4965 viewsdingdangblue

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:18 - Jun 19 by 1mark1

The deal will be done when Rochdale AFC agree to pay the required amount of money to Rochdale MBC in a way that is acceptable to RMBC..

Does that mean an amount has been agreed with the RFL for their share of the Stadium?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:25 - Jun 19 with 4961 viewsDale23years

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:18 - Jun 19 by 1mark1

never then

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:32 - Jun 19 with 4937 viewsSuddenLad

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:25 - Jun 19 by Dale23years

never then

Whatever cynicism you have, the deal could have been done a long time ago, had it not been for RMBC.

I'm sure RAFC are fully committed to owning the ground but have been stymied by others, not a lack of will to do the deal.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:33 - Jun 19 with 4937 viewsaleanddale

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:25 - Jun 19 by Dale23years

never then

I agree with part of your sentiment... It is dragging on and communication could / should be better from the club.

Even a can't really comment as it would effect the desired outcome statement is better than a wall of silence.

Personally I think Dale are very keen to progress but the stalling lies within the council.

Even hornets have agreed its a good way for both clubs to progress.
Login to get fewer ads

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:39 - Jun 19 with 4920 viewsSuddenLad

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:33 - Jun 19 by aleanddale

I agree with part of your sentiment... It is dragging on and communication could / should be better from the club.

Even a can't really comment as it would effect the desired outcome statement is better than a wall of silence.

Personally I think Dale are very keen to progress but the stalling lies within the council.

RAFC and RMBC have both previously made statements that 'negotiations are ongoing, but are at a delicate stage' .

If there's no further progress, there's no point in making pointless statements.

At the last Council meeting where the matter was fully discussed, the public were barred from attending and the meeting was effectively held 'in secret'.

I have no idea what the secrecy is all about, but they cited 'sensitive commercial information' as the reason.

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:39 - Jun 19 with 4919 viewsdingdangblue

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:33 - Jun 19 by aleanddale

Its nothing to do with Hornets really though, they are paying tenants along with us but they have no means to try and buy the stadium. Have the RFL agreed a deal with Dale? Is it just the Council holding things up ? Their share of the stadium is the least amount?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:46 - Jun 19 with 4890 viewsDale23years

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:39 - Jun 19 by dingdangblue

Its nothing to do with Hornets really though, they are paying tenants along with us but they have no means to try and buy the stadium. Have the RFL agreed a deal with Dale? Is it just the Council holding things up ? Their share of the stadium is the least amount?

if you wanted to buy the ground you pay the going amount, you will make the money bk plus more in the long term.

every passing day the club doesn't own the ground the club is losing money

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:51 - Jun 19 with 4866 viewsmidlandsdale

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:46 - Jun 19 by Dale23years

if you wanted to buy the ground you pay the going amount, you will make the money bk plus more in the long term.

As previously highlighted, this isn't just a roll up with a cheque issue and its all sorted. It would have been sorted long ago if it was that simple!
Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:51 - Jun 19 with 4866 viewsdingdangblue

Its more complicated than just paying the going amount though. There has been this 600k owed to the council mentioned numerous times on here.

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:54 - Jun 19 with 4855 viewsD_Alien

So Dale23years, if you had £200k in a bank account paying very low interest (i.e. losing money) and had put in an offer of £175k for a house that was worth £175k but the owner wanted £190k - you'd pay the £190k since "you were losing money" ?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:57 - Jun 19 with 4838 viewsDale23years

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:51 - Jun 19 by midlandsdale

As previously highlighted, this isn't just a roll up with a cheque issue and its all sorted. It would have been sorted long ago if it was that simple!

if we pay what the council want Rochdale would own the ground now it is that simple . Our chairman and directors need to look at bigger picture in this situation.

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:59 - Jun 19 with 4829 viewsSuddenLad

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:57 - Jun 19 by Dale23years

if we pay what the council want Rochdale would own the ground now it is that simple . Our chairman and directors need to look at bigger picture in this situation.

You obviously have no idea about the situation, the complex negotiations necessary and the previous information published by RAFC and RMBC.

Take the time to inform yourself about what's already been reported and then think again.

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 12:03 - Jun 19 with 4822 viewsDale23years

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:54 - Jun 19 by D_Alien

So Dale23years, if you had £200k in a bank account paying very low interest (i.e. losing money) and had put in an offer of £175k for a house that was worth £175k but the owner wanted £190k - you'd pay the £190k since "you were losing money" ?

if i could change the name of the house for so many thousands pound a year YES

if i could hold events in that house and all the profits go to me (club) YES

if it meant i owned the whole house and do what i needed to for it to be profitable in the long run and any profit made went to me(club) FCUKING DAMM RIGHT

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 12:06 - Jun 19 with 4816 viewsDale23years

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 11:59 - Jun 19 by SuddenLad

You obviously have no idea about the situation, the complex negotiations necessary and the previous information published by RAFC and RMBC.

Take the time to inform yourself about what's already been reported and then think again.

what information must of missed that information

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 12:20 - Jun 19 with 4770 views1mark1

The price for all the shares from all parties has been agreed from my understanding. As has been stated above, it is the debt owed to RMBC to my understanding that is the hold up, and whether or not RMBC are willing to come up with the demands of the council for the repayment of OUR/ council tax money.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:21]

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 12:38 - Jun 19 with 4713 viewsD_Alien

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 12:03 - Jun 19 by Dale23years

if i could change the name of the house for so many thousands pound a year YES

if i could hold events in that house and all the profits go to me (club) YES

if it meant i owned the whole house and do what i needed to for it to be profitable in the long run and any profit made went to me(club) FCUKING DAMM RIGHT

That this response has had the thumbs up from Parkins Gimp tells us all we need to know

[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:39]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 12:56 - Jun 19 with 4651 viewsdingdangblue

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 12:20 - Jun 19 by 1mark1

The price for all the shares from all parties has been agreed from my understanding. As has been stated above, it is the debt owed to RMBC to my understanding that is the hold up, and whether or not RMBC are willing to come up with the demands of the council for the repayment of OUR/ council tax money.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:21]

Id imagine the Council have wasted a lot of our council tax money down the years on things we never get to hear about. At least the money they contributed towards our stadium is something worthwhile and benefits the town and local community.

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 13:09 - Jun 19 with 4608 viewsdaledaledale

The thing that worries me the most. Is the longer it drags on the more state of disrepair the ground becomes. No one seems to want to spend any money on the ground fixing the roof or repairing seats until the saga ends.
Meanwhile the club can't make extra money through a sponsorship deal on the ground. Or through other ways.
Are we ever going to own our ground? on 14:12 - Jun 19 with 4507 viewsR_AFC

Can someone point out the complications regrading the stadium takeover ? or is this a secret to the public?

Up the dale!
Poll: Who would you want to see in net against Barnsley?

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 14:16 - Jun 19 with 4497 viewsdingdangblue

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 14:12 - Jun 19 by R_AFC

Can someone point out the complications regrading the stadium takeover ? or is this a secret to the public?

Have you not read this thread?

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 14:51 - Jun 19 with 4431 views1mark1

Are we ever going to own our ground? on 12:56 - Jun 19 by dingdangblue

Id imagine the Council have wasted a lot of our council tax money down the years on things we never get to hear about. At least the money they contributed towards our stadium is something worthwhile and benefits the town and local community.

Indeed they have over the years, but they obviously think that they have to get the best deal for the tax payer now unlike over the years when administrations of all political colours have wasted money.

I am not a Labour supporter, so I am not supporting or opposing the council either way, just stating the facts regarding the hold up on the transfer of the ownership of the ground.

As a Dale fan I want us to own the ground out right, but as a council tax payer I don't see why a professional club should get what would in effect be a tax break, especially when really important critical services are struggling, IF the Council did not get all the money still owed to it.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 14:54]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024