Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo to South Yorkshire? 20:56 - Jul 13 with 18605 viewsDomDale

The twitter rumour mill in action tonight.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:15 - Jul 16 with 2780 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 16:44 - Jul 15 by oa85

Johnson is good at signing players out of the picture and selling them on for profit. Korey Smith was picked up for free and sold for 400k, Jonson Clarke-Harris bought for 10k sold for 350k. I wouldn't be surprised if your board has challenged Johnson to do similar.

Edit- I'll also add that Johnson made signings late In the transfer window as he felt you got better value, I wouldn't be surprised if you signed 3 or 4 at the end of august.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2015 16:48]

I'm not sure we appointed LJ based on his ability to find em cheap and sell em high. We had Keith Hill and Danny Wilson here as managers and you'd be hard pushed trying to find two managers more adept at that tactic of polishing turds.

In over a decade of Barnsley FC under this regime we've never sold a player for a big fee, even with great opportunities to do so. Brian Howard, Stephen McPhail, Adam Hammill, Jacob Butterfield, Ricardo Vaz Te, Craig Davies, Matty Done, John Stones and now Mason Holgate and Paul Digby. It's not that these lads are all amazing (a few are/were though) or that no clubs fancied em. That's not why we didn't get big money. It's because we're run awfully at board level and have made mistakes in every transfer I've just named. Matty Done's the odd one out because we were offered £750,000 for him but the board turned it down. Then Flicker released him before the end of that season.

Millions of pounds worth of talent (at the time) and we've made in total about £5m from that lot. John Stones alone was clearly worth a minimum of £5m. Luckily, they saw sense to include a sell on clause, for once. I can only hope that Man Utd take pity on us and give us silly money for Holgate and Digby. But knowing our luck they'll send em back after this trial spell.

We are signing David Ball though. So all's well that ends well.
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:20 - Jul 16 with 2762 viewsSuddenLad

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:15 - Jul 16 by WhiteyBFC

I'm not sure we appointed LJ based on his ability to find em cheap and sell em high. We had Keith Hill and Danny Wilson here as managers and you'd be hard pushed trying to find two managers more adept at that tactic of polishing turds.

In over a decade of Barnsley FC under this regime we've never sold a player for a big fee, even with great opportunities to do so. Brian Howard, Stephen McPhail, Adam Hammill, Jacob Butterfield, Ricardo Vaz Te, Craig Davies, Matty Done, John Stones and now Mason Holgate and Paul Digby. It's not that these lads are all amazing (a few are/were though) or that no clubs fancied em. That's not why we didn't get big money. It's because we're run awfully at board level and have made mistakes in every transfer I've just named. Matty Done's the odd one out because we were offered £750,000 for him but the board turned it down. Then Flicker released him before the end of that season.

Millions of pounds worth of talent (at the time) and we've made in total about £5m from that lot. John Stones alone was clearly worth a minimum of £5m. Luckily, they saw sense to include a sell on clause, for once. I can only hope that Man Utd take pity on us and give us silly money for Holgate and Digby. But knowing our luck they'll send em back after this trial spell.

We are signing David Ball though. So all's well that ends well.

David Ball ?? Good luck with that one. He wasn't exactly impressive when he was at Spotland.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 19:15 - Jul 16 with 2576 viewsmacro

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:20 - Jul 16 by SuddenLad

David Ball ?? Good luck with that one. He wasn't exactly impressive when he was at Spotland.

He wasn’t impressive last season at Fleetwood either
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 19:24 - Jul 16 with 2544 viewsColDale

He scored a wonder goal against Sheff United I think it was at the back end of last season.
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 20:00 - Jul 16 with 2479 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 19:24 - Jul 16 by ColDale

He scored a wonder goal against Sheff United I think it was at the back end of last season.

PNE

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 22:06 - Jul 16 with 2310 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:20 - Jul 16 by SuddenLad

We're also loaning Ben Pearson again from Man Utd, who is a fantastic little player. And his teammate, Joe Rothwell.

But bloody loans in the middle of July?

Can't get my breath.
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 22:18 - Jul 16 with 2258 viewsColDale

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 22:06 - Jul 16 by WhiteyBFC

We're also loaning Ben Pearson again from Man Utd, who is a fantastic little player. And his teammate, Joe Rothwell.

But bloody loans in the middle of July?

Can't get my breath.

Couldn't read "fantastic little player" without it coming across like Ray Wilkins was saying it.

Surely the loan won't be registered until the day before the start of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024