Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo to South Yorkshire? 20:56 - Jul 13 with 18602 viewsDomDale

The twitter rumour mill in action tonight.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:22 - Jul 14 with 6146 viewsMoonyDale

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:18 - Jul 14 by SuddenLad

Well, if they won't match his Dale salary, why would he go ?

Made me chuckle that...Could you ever imagine us paying 6k a week for a player? Am not sure if Barnsley pay those wages at the moment, maybe Whitey would have an idea.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:23 - Jul 14 with 6132 viewsMoonyDale

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:19 - Jul 14 by dingdangblue

Would he really demand 6k a week ? He's probably on less than a third of that at the minute?

Could be his agent to be fair, that's the story I got this morning from over there..

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:25 - Jul 14 with 6113 viewsSuddenLad

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:22 - Jul 14 by MoonyDale

Made me chuckle that...Could you ever imagine us paying 6k a week for a player? Am not sure if Barnsley pay those wages at the moment, maybe Whitey would have an idea.

There is the possibility of course that if the move were to go ahead, he would be asked to restrict his 'other job' and concentrate on the football.

That being the case, he would no doubt seek suitable recompense to cover the loss of income from Herbalife. He seems to be pretty high up the pecking order and I daresay he draws a handsome income.

All speculation of course, but it makes sense.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:32 - Jul 14 with 6080 viewsMoonyDale

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:25 - Jul 14 by SuddenLad

There is the possibility of course that if the move were to go ahead, he would be asked to restrict his 'other job' and concentrate on the football.

That being the case, he would no doubt seek suitable recompense to cover the loss of income from Herbalife. He seems to be pretty high up the pecking order and I daresay he draws a handsome income.

All speculation of course, but it makes sense.

Agreed, in the end though it all depends on how much we are willing to let him go for. And if our Yorkshire friends can afford 6k a week in wages then they can afford to stump up a decent fee to get him in the first place...

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:39 - Jul 14 with 6042 viewsdingdangblue

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 10:32 - Jul 14 by MoonyDale

Agreed, in the end though it all depends on how much we are willing to let him go for. And if our Yorkshire friends can afford 6k a week in wages then they can afford to stump up a decent fee to get him in the first place...

Barnsley wont pay that much at this level - they were paying that in the Championship and have just got the last of the big earners off their books. Maybe if Hendo was a free transfer they may contemplate it but not with a transfer fee on top!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 14:14 - Jul 14 with 5594 viewsflyerdale

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 08:49 - Jul 14 by Frog

I hate it when these stories raise their ugly head. We sell and then hope we can find a replacement on the cheap. So far we've got away with it but our luck will run out one day I fear.

We haven't really replaced Chris O Grady up to this day, we are still trying to find a forward of his ilk.
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 16:09 - Jul 14 with 5409 viewssweetcorn

First and foremost, I definitely don't want hendo to leave, so that's not the point I'm making.

If Henderson indicates he wants to leave, then for me we need to tell the interested clubs we want a good deal or he isn't leaving, however the main thing for me isn't Henderson leaving, it's about us actively trying to replace him if he decides to leave, nobody in terms of quality will come close, as he's special for this league, however in the last 12 month's we've sold our top scorer and both times we haven't tried to sign anyone to even attempt to take their place..

Pls stay hendo.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 16:51 - Jul 14 with 5299 viewsoff2div1

He has got all Dale on Herbalife might go for the sales opportunity at another club.
Login to get fewer ads

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 16:55 - Jul 14 with 5262 viewselectricblue

If Henderson went for £200k what would that amount buy Dale in terms of somebody with his ability!.
Nobody i dont think......

Unless theres a broken toy somewhere that hill knows of and that will be a huge gamble...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:35 - Jul 14 with 5160 viewsnordenblue

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 08:29 - Jul 14 by dingdangblue

Would Hill really sell to Barnsley? He couldnt even bring himself to talk about them last season - never mind sell them our best player and main goal threat. Unless Everton sell John Stones and Barnsley get a major boost of cash they aren't going to be offering decent money for him. If we didn't need to sell Matt Done we Definitely dont need to sell Hendo.

Its not got anything to do with needing to sell,he will go if a semi decent offer comes in and everyone gets a slice of the cake,the jobs a good en
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:42 - Jul 14 with 5128 viewsPDIDDY

He may have a clause that he can be sold at a price so nothing can be done about it anyway

Gissa job

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:43 - Jul 14 with 5131 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 23:35 - Jul 13 by dingdangblue

Why not? Are you not interested in quality players on the cheap?

I'm interested, but I'm not a decision maker at Oakwell. Well, except on matchdays when I decide whether to go for an early piss and beat the half time queues.

I think Henderson would be ideal for us, with him and Watkins either side of Winnall. Hourihane, Wilkinson and Scowen behind. I'd love to see him at Oakwell.

But we're starting (we supporters) to wonder if we're actually skint. Because since the last season ended and the club talked of signing a dozen players in a push for promotion, we've not seen much to suggest that's the truth.
We've sold Berry back to Cambridge, one of the lads most of us really rated. We've released Cranie and Jennings, both on upwards of 5k a week allegedly. We've got Bailey, Lalkovic and Turnbull available for transfer (who all you'd expect to be on decent money for a L1 club). The club have increased matchday prices to £27. We've so far signed four players. Two on a free transfer who've never played at this level, another in Mawson (fee gone to tribunal) who hasn't played at this level and a lad on loan from Bolton who we agreed to sign permanently for £75,000 but we couldn't agree terms with so settled on a loan. And now, it seems we've accepted bids from Premier League clubs for 18 year old Mason Holgate, bids of just £500,000.

So all that in mind, it's hard to see where the money is.

And we're about 6 players minimum, short of a squad that won't be relegated. With Hourihane already injured until our third or fourth game of the season.

Our club constantly talk of signing young lads with resale value. They then undervalue them when selling em, but ignore that. I can't then see us being in for a 30 year old who will cost us a few hundred grand plus a salary that could be his last chance to earn decent money.

I might be wrong. I often am.

It's another pre season like the last pre season. A rebuild that hasn't really got going yet. With rush signings in August no doubt. Again. Which is the consequence of sacking managers every season and paying them off.

As you might have noticed, I'm full of enthusiasm for this season.
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:43 - Jul 14 with 5125 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 16:55 - Jul 14 by electricblue

If Henderson went for £200k what would that amount buy Dale in terms of somebody with his ability!.
Nobody i dont think......

Unless theres a broken toy somewhere that hill knows of and that will be a huge gamble...

Think there was a mistype there when you refer to us buying someone!!!

Cant remember last time we paid a fee - probably O'Grady!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 19:22 - Jul 14 with 4914 viewsD_Alien

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:43 - Jul 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Think there was a mistype there when you refer to us buying someone!!!

Cant remember last time we paid a fee - probably O'Grady!!!

Donnelly

Enough to put the club off fees for life

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 19:27 - Jul 14 with 4891 viewsColDale

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 19:22 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

Donnelly

Did Joe Bunney involve a fee? Might have been a token ish amount but got a feeling we gave Northwich something plus a friendly
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 20:02 - Jul 14 with 4727 viewsRalphs12

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 19:27 - Jul 14 by ColDale

Did Joe Bunney involve a fee? Might have been a token ish amount but got a feeling we gave Northwich something plus a friendly

I thought that, the usual undisclosed. How about Jack Muldoon?
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 20:25 - Jul 14 with 4625 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 20:02 - Jul 14 by Ralphs12

I thought that, the usual undisclosed. How about Jack Muldoon?

True - we probably shelled out 40k for the 3 of them :) - Think Jack was a free but not sure. Having said that we got money back and profit I think for Donnelly.

Cant say that spending money is something we have to do but it would be nice to see us sign someone to get the fans going immediately and see some ambition, we have flogged enough players for good money recently!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 21:39 - Jul 14 with 4472 viewsRalphs12

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 20:25 - Jul 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

True - we probably shelled out 40k for the 3 of them :) - Think Jack was a free but not sure. Having said that we got money back and profit I think for Donnelly.

Cant say that spending money is something we have to do but it would be nice to see us sign someone to get the fans going immediately and see some ambition, we have flogged enough players for good money recently!

Don't think the club can win either way to be honest, if we spend big now that player has the added pressure from the fans of being the big transfer fee, something players should be able to cope with but at our financial level it's not a risk hill/the board seem to want to take some will agree with that decision some won't, it changes regularly for me personally. Hilly seemingly doesn't want/need that added pressure on himself, the club or the player, surely he wouldn't have come back knowing he'd be told he can't spend any 'spare money' on transfer fees... I'd imagine he's got more control here than he'll be allowed anywhere else after all...
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:39 - Jul 14 with 4472 viewsRalphs12

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 20:25 - Jul 14 by Thacks_Rabbits

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 21:55 - Jul 14 with 4384 viewsPDIDDY

Swap him for Lowe and nards

Gissa job

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 08:48 - Jul 15 with 3874 viewsAtThePeake

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 19:22 - Jul 14 by D_Alien

Donnelly

Grant came a few weeks after Donnelly. We did also pay a small fee for Bunney.

Tangled up in blue.

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 08:57 - Jul 15 with 3861 viewsaleanddale

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 21:55 - Jul 14 by PDIDDY

Swap him for Lowe and nards

ha ha

Lowe and Nards might equate to the shoelace of Hendos left boot Didds.

Now Lowe Nards and a box of Milky bars and you might be talking sense!
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 16:44 - Jul 15 with 3221 viewsoa85

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 17:43 - Jul 14 by WhiteyBFC

I'm interested, but I'm not a decision maker at Oakwell. Well, except on matchdays when I decide whether to go for an early piss and beat the half time queues.

I think Henderson would be ideal for us, with him and Watkins either side of Winnall. Hourihane, Wilkinson and Scowen behind. I'd love to see him at Oakwell.

But we're starting (we supporters) to wonder if we're actually skint. Because since the last season ended and the club talked of signing a dozen players in a push for promotion, we've not seen much to suggest that's the truth.
We've sold Berry back to Cambridge, one of the lads most of us really rated. We've released Cranie and Jennings, both on upwards of 5k a week allegedly. We've got Bailey, Lalkovic and Turnbull available for transfer (who all you'd expect to be on decent money for a L1 club). The club have increased matchday prices to £27. We've so far signed four players. Two on a free transfer who've never played at this level, another in Mawson (fee gone to tribunal) who hasn't played at this level and a lad on loan from Bolton who we agreed to sign permanently for £75,000 but we couldn't agree terms with so settled on a loan. And now, it seems we've accepted bids from Premier League clubs for 18 year old Mason Holgate, bids of just £500,000.

So all that in mind, it's hard to see where the money is.

And we're about 6 players minimum, short of a squad that won't be relegated. With Hourihane already injured until our third or fourth game of the season.

Our club constantly talk of signing young lads with resale value. They then undervalue them when selling em, but ignore that. I can't then see us being in for a 30 year old who will cost us a few hundred grand plus a salary that could be his last chance to earn decent money.

I might be wrong. I often am.

It's another pre season like the last pre season. A rebuild that hasn't really got going yet. With rush signings in August no doubt. Again. Which is the consequence of sacking managers every season and paying them off.

As you might have noticed, I'm full of enthusiasm for this season.

Johnson is good at signing players out of the picture and selling them on for profit. Korey Smith was picked up for free and sold for 400k, Jonson Clarke-Harris bought for 10k sold for 350k. I wouldn't be surprised if your board has challenged Johnson to do similar.

Edit- I'll also add that Johnson made signings late In the transfer window as he felt you got better value, I wouldn't be surprised if you signed 3 or 4 at the end of august.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2015 16:48]
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 07:18 - Jul 16 with 2767 viewsaleanddale

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 16:44 - Jul 15 by oa85

Johnson is good at signing players out of the picture and selling them on for profit. Korey Smith was picked up for free and sold for 400k, Jonson Clarke-Harris bought for 10k sold for 350k. I wouldn't be surprised if your board has challenged Johnson to do similar.

Edit- I'll also add that Johnson made signings late In the transfer window as he felt you got better value, I wouldn't be surprised if you signed 3 or 4 at the end of august.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2015 16:48]

Barnsley fan and Biffo conversing on a Dale forum!!

Shows how multi cultural we are on here!!

Just need Didds to show up now!!

Oh - Hendo would walk into every league 1 sides starting XI.

Thankful he is at Dale. Class act.
Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 08:15 - Jul 16 with 2687 viewsKenBoon

Hendo to South Yorkshire? on 07:18 - Jul 16 by aleanddale

Barnsley fan and Biffo conversing on a Dale forum!!

Shows how multi cultural we are on here!!

Just need Didds to show up now!!

Oh - Hendo would walk into every league 1 sides starting XI.

Thankful he is at Dale. Class act.

Aye. A Guardian blogger will be praising us soon
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024