Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disgusting! 12:08 - Aug 24 with 3104 viewsEGP

Fans of crisis club bury were left reeling last Saturday evening as it emerged the mid-Cheshire Constabulary were inundated with complaints following bury’s plucky 3-3 draw away at Crewe Alexandra.

EGP went to Crewe to talk to the officer handling the case codenamed ‘monggate’. PC Kevin Whitewell was only too happy to bring us up to date saying, “this is a juicy case for us and we will bring the perpetrators to book. People must surely know in 2015, that you can’t go to a football match and hit someone just because you have a rubbish defence.”

He showed us an email which was sent in at 5.30pm from a Mr. Des Gusting which said, “I have been watching bury FC for 30 years and never have I seen behaviour like it. Our manager at the end of the match was walking towards the away end presumably to thank us for our support when some fans went beserk and made as if they were going to punch our Manager in the face. Fortunately, the real bury fans nearby were alert to this, and they punched the would-be punchers before they could land a single blow on our manager. Some of them might have had a little too much punch before the match, but that is no excuse for this type of yobbish behaviour.”

bury fans didn't ask this... but they should.

PC Whitewell told us “off-air” that his initial enquiries had led him to realise that bury was still stuck in the 1980s and you could be just as likely to catch AIDS as be punched by a football hooligan there.

Whitewell then showed me the Manager’s statement in which was said, “Flitcroft says he marched over to the travelling Bury supporters, sitting on the opposite side of the ground from the dugout, to assure them he would find a winning formula.
But the Shakers boss said it turned nasty when three out of 780 started to confront him.
The trouble was over almost as soon as it began, with supporters loyal to the manager taking the matter into their own hands.
Punches were thrown as Flitcroft was led away and he said he was shaken by the incident.
"I don't agree with it," he said. "I am going over there to speak to the fans to say 'listen, we will get this right'.

Whitewell continued saying, “I’ve got 777 witnesses to get round, and we’ve got the CCTV from the away end, so I don’t think monggate will take too long to solve.

As EGP was driving back from Cheshire, word came through that the local trading standards officers are also investigating the chaotic club. After re-setting the sat nav for Duke Street, bury we quickly arrived at Trading Standards HQ and were shown in at once.

Allegations that the club are selling tickets for an event that might not happen reared its head once again following the ill-conceived idea to host a concert during the summer was cancelled, but not before some tickets were sold.

On September 23rd 2015, the club will launch a 5-a-side tournament where supporters can enter a team to play against bury’s players at Carrington and experience what it’s like to be a professional footballer for a day. Teams will be a maximum of 8 persons, and the price per team is £800 + Vat, all food and beverages to be provided throughout the day, and personalised tops and luxury travel to Carrington on 2 coaches. Approximate timings for the day are 8:30-16:00.

The Trading Standards officer, Mr Mike Welsh told us that were bury to beat Leicester in Round Two of the League Cup, then the players would be busy that mid-week as the round 3 matches will have to be played. “It is highly illegal to sell tickets for any event with the knowledge that the event might be cancelled. They should, at this stage, ask for letters of intent, and not take any money until they know they can deliver the goods advertised.”

Meanwhile, the club also faces a probe from the Advertising Standards Authority ASA after they were found to be advertising their forthcoming match against Leicester as “come and see the Premier League leaders at the JJB stadium”. At the time of the advert, Manchester City had to play away at Everton where just a draw would see the Sky Blues overtake The Foxes at the summit of the Premier League. Our ASA mole, a Mr Stan Ellis told us, “this is a flagrant breach of advertising law. They should have billed the match to be against one of the leading teams in the country, but they’re clearly trying to con the bury public into paying for something that might not exist.”

A Slump in August?

After finishing up on Duke Street, we legged it round to Gigg Lane to put all this to bury’s chubster Chairman, Stewart Day. Even though we just walked in off the street, Stewie was delighted to see us again and bade us into his recently refurbished office which he told us, in a mild Northallerton accent, was the second best office outside the Premier League.

We squared things with him: “look Stewie. Why are you taking bury fans for mugs? Everything you touch is then clouded with mystery. Pitch renovations. Appartments. Car parks. Concerts. An expensive back four. Loans. Borrowing. Long player contracts. Fans Forums abroad. Where will it all end?”

The plump churman looked uncomfortable as he unwrapped a milky bar before saying, “look, this club was only 24 hours from extinction when I walked in off the street and saved them. Since then I’ve restored the place and am on target to deliver Championship football back to the town which is where this passionate fanbase deserves to be. Who really cares where the money is coming from? It doesn’t matter. Look at the carpets, the furniture, the league position we’re in, and you could argue I’m getting a lot more right than I am wrong. It’s a lonely task, but I said I loved football and I’ll prove how much to the wonderful 777 who were there at Crewe. I didn’t see the other three.”

Lonely Job?

DON’T HAVE NIGHTMARES — WE’LL BE BACK!

They write themselves!

Disgusting! on 12:22 - Aug 24 with 3033 viewsParkinsGimp

Well done EGP least somebody is standing up and asking "the " questions that the diluted bury fans are avoiding?
Keep up the good work :-) LOL
I bet The Milky Bar Kid will keep you busy with his antics ...never short of something that guy?
Disgusting! on 12:26 - Aug 24 with 2986 viewsTalkingSutty

I liked that. Looking at that picture of the Churman he seems to have stuffed his pockets with bars of Cadburys Dairy Milk, i thought Milky Bars are his preference?
Disgusting! on 14:26 - Aug 24 with 2756 viewsaleanddale

Quality EGP.

Easy pickings them lot down the A58.

#shambles

#milkybars
Disgusting! on 14:32 - Aug 24 with 2738 viewsaleanddale

Can't make this up...

There is a thread on giggle lane dot com entitled " what's the managers e mail address "

What a shower those gigglers are.
Disgusting! on 14:39 - Aug 24 with 2721 viewsdingdangblue

Disgusting! on 14:32 - Aug 24 by aleanddale

Can't make this up...

There is a thread on giggle lane dot com entitled " what's the managers e mail address "

What a shower those gigglers are.

flicker@specialhuman.com

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Disgusting! on 15:28 - Aug 24 with 2591 viewssandylaner1

when you see a new thread by EGP..

Disgusting! on 21:25 - Aug 24 with 2296 viewsPDIDDY

Disgusting! on 15:28 - Aug 24 by sandylaner1

when you see a new thread by EGP..

I was at this game" FTM.

Gissa job

Disgusting! on 22:49 - Aug 24 with 2141 viewsjoecooke

If Dave was a double decker,he would eat himself.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024