Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Destination San Spotty 19:44 - Oct 21 with 3855 viewsFatCat

After thinking about it for a long time I'm finally coming up for my first visit to Spotland for the Oldham game.
I've booked my ticket and got a hotel.
Just got a couple of more questions I could do with help on please.

When I was at the MIllwall game I got talking to a couple of blokes and they said that there was a particularly good fish & chip shop right near the ground on I believe Wilbutt's Lane? Have I got that right?

Secondly, where would be a good place to go for a drink, probably after the match?
As I'm driving up Saturday morning not sure I'll have time for a beer pre match but i'll see.

Thanks again chaps!
Destination San Spotty on 19:50 - Oct 21 with 3831 views442Dale

You won't miss the chippy. Which hotel are you in? That'll determine where you can go for a drink, especially if you're having to drive from the ground back to it after.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Destination San Spotty on 19:54 - Oct 21 with 3822 viewsvisualman

Hi welcome and I hope you enjoy your day out if we play like we just did yesterday it will be a great game
Yes we do have a great chippy but it is right outside the away stand so will get busy not sure of the opening times someone else may be able to help with this
We do have the pubs at the ground but a lot of people also go to the Pub which you will pass at the traffic lights
Destination San Spotty on 20:03 - Oct 21 with 3793 viewsFatCat

Destination San Spotty on 19:50 - Oct 21 by 442Dale

You won't miss the chippy. Which hotel are you in? That'll determine where you can go for a drink, especially if you're having to drive from the ground back to it after.

I'm staying at Villas Residence on Bury Road so I will be walking to / from the ground.
Destination San Spotty on 21:41 - Oct 21 with 3651 views1mark1

Destination San Spotty on 20:03 - Oct 21 by FatCat

I'm staying at Villas Residence on Bury Road so I will be walking to / from the ground.

Cemetary Pub on corner of Bury Rd/Sandy Lane makes sense then, a real ale pub.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Destination San Spotty on 00:00 - Oct 22 with 3463 viewsYorkshire_Dale

DON'T miss the Chippy......FatMog.........try the Rag Pudding too, you won't need to eat agin till supper.

If there's a long queue,worry not.....the girls are brilliant dispatching grub.

Let us know how you go on too.
Destination San Spotty on 00:09 - Oct 22 with 3450 views1mark1

Will the Cemetery pub be open on Saturday, or will the police close it/ask for it to be closed?

Destination San Spotty on 07:39 - Oct 22 with 3348 viewsaleanddale

Enjoy FatCat..

Yeah the Rag pudding is top notch... ( with chips peas gravy )

In the town centre it depends how old you are and what your looking for in a pub...

Can't speak for the young pups who go out at midnight but current favourites are the flying horse and the Baum.

Near the the ground the Cemetery is a fantastic pub and the ale always spot on.
Destination San Spotty on 09:05 - Oct 23 with 2994 viewsFatCat

Destination San Spotty on 00:00 - Oct 22 by Yorkshire_Dale

DON'T miss the Chippy......FatMog.........try the Rag Pudding too, you won't need to eat agin till supper.

If there's a long queue,worry not.....the girls are brilliant dispatching grub.

Let us know how you go on too.

OK, will try to post on here when I get there.

Thanks again to everyone for the replies.
Login to get fewer ads

Destination San Spotty on 11:48 - Oct 23 with 2930 views1mark1

Destination San Spotty on 09:05 - Oct 23 by FatCat

OK, will try to post on here when I get there.

Thanks again to everyone for the replies.

Nobody replied to my question asking if Cemetery Pub will be open after match. If it is open go in there, then you could take a taxi for a couple of quid to somewhere like the Flying Horse in town, real ale, and fine selection of food and drink. Enjoy your day and week end.

Destination San Spotty on 12:24 - Oct 23 with 2883 viewsD_Alien

Destination San Spotty on 11:48 - Oct 23 by 1mark1

Nobody replied to my question asking if Cemetery Pub will be open after match. If it is open go in there, then you could take a taxi for a couple of quid to somewhere like the Flying Horse in town, real ale, and fine selection of food and drink. Enjoy your day and week end.

The Cem is open pretty much all hours, and handy for where FatCat is staying just down the road. It's the obvious choice, both in terms of convenience and real ale.

Edit: unless you mean it might be closed by the police for a while? (Missed your earlier post)
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 12:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Destination San Spotty on 12:58 - Oct 23 with 2818 viewspaulscho

Destination San Spotty on 12:24 - Oct 23 by D_Alien

The Cem is open pretty much all hours, and handy for where FatCat is staying just down the road. It's the obvious choice, both in terms of convenience and real ale.

Edit: unless you mean it might be closed by the police for a while? (Missed your earlier post)
[Post edited 23 Oct 2015 12:36]

Get a taxi to the Spotland Reform club(cost you £2),Dale fans only, should be pretty busy before and after, cheap beer and a good craic.
Cemetery possible front door shut, pop around to the back door if so.

livinginadalewonderland

Destination San Spotty on 17:27 - Oct 24 with 2509 viewsFatCat

Well, my first that's my first Spotland game under me belt.
Having a drink at the ground now but anyone here going to be in the Cemetery (pub)
Destination San Spotty on 18:25 - Oct 24 with 2410 viewsD_Alien

Destination San Spotty on 17:27 - Oct 24 by FatCat

Well, my first that's my first Spotland game under me belt.
Having a drink at the ground now but anyone here going to be in the Cemetery (pub)

Hope you enjoyed your visit FatCat, and found our pubs hospitable too. Unfortunately, we were far from our best today and the game itself was dire.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Destination San Spotty on 18:52 - Oct 24 with 2351 viewsFatCat

Yes it was a poor game but I'm glad I've been to Spotland.
Next week Dale are playing down my neck of the woods at Southend.
Might see some of you at Roots Hall.
Destination San Spotty on 00:07 - Oct 25 with 2146 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Destination San Spotty on 18:52 - Oct 24 by FatCat

Yes it was a poor game but I'm glad I've been to Spotland.
Next week Dale are playing down my neck of the woods at Southend.
Might see some of you at Roots Hall.

We were shite today FatCat but the atmosphere was better than many games you could have witnessed...........have a safe journey home and come back soon!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024