Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry hints at changes... 08:48 - Nov 11 with 13639 viewsmidswan

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-boss-Garry-Monk-hints-team-

wonder if the much lauded 'chat' with HJ and/or senior players has anything to do with it ?
Garry hints at changes... on 12:23 - Nov 11 with 2593 viewsmonmouth

Garry hints at changes... on 12:09 - Nov 11 by lovejuicejack

It's not being judged on one game l though is it, yes the bornemouth game is one game but when you add it onto the other games already played then you see the bigger picture. Bottom line is monk is on borrowed time because if we keep losing the board will make a move to try and keep our prem status either that or Gary will totally turn it around and we push up the table, that'll be some turn around mind considering the season so far.

So the bigger picture is four good games, four patchy and four bad. Around same numder of points as any other season except last season when managed by Monk. Ux is right. A knee jerk after bournemouth would be ludicrous and pathetically unfair.

'keep our prem status'?? After 12 games and 13 points. Do you really think you are seeing the bigger picture?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Garry hints at changes... on 12:31 - Nov 11 with 2561 viewsshandyjack

Garry hints at changes... on 10:47 - Nov 11 by monmouth

Like consecutive games Aston Villa and Stoke away and Everton home you mean (aggregate 0-7). Followed by scraping a draw with bottom club and eventually relegated Reading from two goals down and then just scraping past Wigan which might well have saved Laudrup's ass. Or any game starting with or following Newcastle home? Or the Cardiff derby away? Those games?

Or just the rose tinted ones like the demoltions of QPR, Arsenal away and the league cup run?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2015 10:48]

This, who can forget his last game, West Ham away

Poll: Expectation for the season

Garry hints at changes... on 12:31 - Nov 11 with 2556 viewsperchrockjack

Never mind that, wtf is swancity or what was he is his previous incarnation.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Garry hints at changes... on 12:35 - Nov 11 with 2550 viewsClinton

Wholesale team changes will not make a difference other than to expose the squad's lack of depth.
Surely the manager needs to identify what has changed since the end of last season, or more recently since the end of August. Only then do you go about fixing it.
The whole episode could do us good on the whole, we were getting too big for our boots. Talk of top six and believing the whole hype of the so called record points haul might well lie at the root of all this.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Garry hints at changes... on 12:42 - Nov 11 with 2533 views3swan

There may be some changes to the team, but aren't similar standard words used by Garry before most games.

He checks out the players in training a couple of days before the game and then picks the best team for the game (in his words)
Garry hints at changes... on 12:59 - Nov 11 with 2486 viewstomdickharry

Wouldn't change a thing,lose against Bournemouth with a changed team is asking for trouble especially with Liverpool next,just a slight rejig of the present incumbents and an associated game plan would do the trick in my opinion.
Fabianski
Naughton:Fernanderz:Williams:Taylor:
Ki:Shelvey:Ayew:
Siggerson:
Gomis:Montero:
Just play Ayew on the left of midfield which would release Siggy back to his normal roll which has served us so well.
Garry hints at changes... on 13:17 - Nov 11 with 2453 viewslovejuicejack

Garry hints at changes... on 12:23 - Nov 11 by monmouth

So the bigger picture is four good games, four patchy and four bad. Around same numder of points as any other season except last season when managed by Monk. Ux is right. A knee jerk after bournemouth would be ludicrous and pathetically unfair.

'keep our prem status'?? After 12 games and 13 points. Do you really think you are seeing the bigger picture?

I'm seeing a team that's playing poorly and relegation form, I see monk making baffling team selections and subs, I see players not interested and arguing among themselves but then it don't matter a fk what I see does it, it matters what the board see. Playing teams at the bottom is an indication of where we are as a team and we where poor against Norwich so people are looking at bornemouth game more closely than usual. Everyone is entitled to see what they want so you crack on and time will tell who was right. I hope I'm wrong and if and when I am I'll be big enough to say so because ultimately all I really care about is the team. Cheers
Garry hints at changes... on 13:31 - Nov 11 with 2434 viewsairedale

Garry hints at changes... on 12:12 - Nov 11 by michumagic9

Bring back Rodgers! ☺️

The way things have been going, it had better be Roy.

Oh, and Trigger can go centre back with Ash 'cos Fede's been a bit off recently.
Login to get fewer ads

Garry hints at changes... on 13:49 - Nov 11 with 2398 viewsUxbridge

Garry hints at changes... on 12:09 - Nov 11 by lovejuicejack

It's not being judged on one game l though is it, yes the bornemouth game is one game but when you add it onto the other games already played then you see the bigger picture. Bottom line is monk is on borrowed time because if we keep losing the board will make a move to try and keep our prem status either that or Gary will totally turn it around and we push up the table, that'll be some turn around mind considering the season so far.

He's just received the backing of the club. For them to come back 90 minutes later and say we're going in a different direction would be the very definition of kneejerk, no?

He has to turn it around of course. It's a results business. But one game deciding it all? Nah. Not for me. I wouldn't even put a timeline on it ... we're talking about jettisoning a manager who got our second highest ever league placing in his first, and only, full season of management. All for a relatively short run of bad form.

Monk's problem now, and why I'm tempted to agree his goose is cooked in the long term, is that some fans will never let this go even if he turns it around. We've seen the same fans creep out of the woodwork in recent weeks when we didn't see them in August at all.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry hints at changes... on 13:54 - Nov 11 with 2388 viewsjasper_T

Have you never seen a manager get a vote of confidence before?
Garry hints at changes... on 14:05 - Nov 11 with 2368 viewsUxbridge

From us? No.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Garry hints at changes... on 14:09 - Nov 11 with 2357 viewsjasper_T

I don't care what Garry did last season if he's incapable of arresting this alarming downturn in our results and quality of our play.

A repeat of his Norwich performance against Bournemouth (sticking with underperforming players, baffling substitutions, clueless post-match comments) would show that he's out of ideas for how to turn this (and any future) dip around.
Garry hints at changes... on 15:51 - Nov 11 with 2295 viewslovejuicejack

Garry hints at changes... on 13:49 - Nov 11 by Uxbridge

He's just received the backing of the club. For them to come back 90 minutes later and say we're going in a different direction would be the very definition of kneejerk, no?

He has to turn it around of course. It's a results business. But one game deciding it all? Nah. Not for me. I wouldn't even put a timeline on it ... we're talking about jettisoning a manager who got our second highest ever league placing in his first, and only, full season of management. All for a relatively short run of bad form.

Monk's problem now, and why I'm tempted to agree his goose is cooked in the long term, is that some fans will never let this go even if he turns it around. We've seen the same fans creep out of the woodwork in recent weeks when we didn't see them in August at all.

Well hand on heart of Garry turns this around then I will only have total admiration for the man. I'm a simple beast, if the team are playing good football I'm happy, we are big enough and have a good enough squad now to be competing no excuses.
Garry hints at changes... on 16:53 - Nov 11 with 2240 viewskarnataka

Garry hints at changes... on 12:59 - Nov 11 by tomdickharry

Wouldn't change a thing,lose against Bournemouth with a changed team is asking for trouble especially with Liverpool next,just a slight rejig of the present incumbents and an associated game plan would do the trick in my opinion.
Fabianski
Naughton:Fernanderz:Williams:Taylor:
Ki:Shelvey:Ayew:
Siggerson:
Gomis:Montero:
Just play Ayew on the left of midfield which would release Siggy back to his normal roll which has served us so well.

I'm not convinced, I think we need a defensive midfield player and two wide players to restore balance to the side so I'd bring Leon or Cork in plus Routledge who looked sharp when he came on last week. Once we have that pattern, then we fit other players in rather than just chuck in all those who we think are our best players without there being any shape, balance or system because those are the 3 things we lack atm.
Garry hints at changes... on 16:59 - Nov 11 with 2233 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Garry hints at changes... on 16:53 - Nov 11 by karnataka

I'm not convinced, I think we need a defensive midfield player and two wide players to restore balance to the side so I'd bring Leon or Cork in plus Routledge who looked sharp when he came on last week. Once we have that pattern, then we fit other players in rather than just chuck in all those who we think are our best players without there being any shape, balance or system because those are the 3 things we lack atm.

This.
Garry hints at changes... on 17:09 - Nov 11 with 2129 viewsLeonisGod

Garry hints at changes... on 09:42 - Nov 11 by jojaca

Personal changes won't make any difference if we keep employing the same match day tactics.

^^^ this. And we all think we know best when we don't. Like calling for Ayew to play behind the striker. When he did he was totally anonymous and we couldn't wait for Siggy to get back next game.
Garry hints at changes... on 17:15 - Nov 11 with 2115 viewsLeonisGod

Garry hints at changes... on 12:23 - Nov 11 by monmouth

Broadly agreed. But I reckon if we go another 2 or 3 bad performances and results then the knives will really be out. We're a third of the way through and only just averaging a point a game, which will barely keep us above the drop. And based on recent form/results we're in trouble. 2/3 more matches of the same and I can see Huw loosing patience with Garry.

Let's hope I'd doesn't come to that.
Garry hints at changes... on 17:32 - Nov 11 with 2090 viewsicecoldjack

Don't know if it's just me but it doesn't seem like rocket science to pick the right team next game out.

I'd drop jonjo, Fernandez and Montero for Cork/leon, Amat/Bartly and Routs, i'd be tempted to start Leon just for the safe pair of hands that he is.

Next step is to make sure Siggy is the main man in the team and make him the focal point, I'd stick with Gomis and Ayew as they can provide goals given the right service.

I'd be more than happy with

Fab
Taylor
Ash
Amat
Naughton
Routs
Ayew
Ki
Siggy
Britton
Gomis

Bring on Montero for the last 20 mins same with Eder . Fresh legs against tired defenders, pick the technical footballers like Leon,Amat and Routs who know each others play intimately.

Sub Leon for Cork if we need to close the game out later on .

Simples mun!!
Garry hints at changes... on 17:35 - Nov 11 with 2081 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry hints at changes... on 17:32 - Nov 11 by icecoldjack

Don't know if it's just me but it doesn't seem like rocket science to pick the right team next game out.

I'd drop jonjo, Fernandez and Montero for Cork/leon, Amat/Bartly and Routs, i'd be tempted to start Leon just for the safe pair of hands that he is.

Next step is to make sure Siggy is the main man in the team and make him the focal point, I'd stick with Gomis and Ayew as they can provide goals given the right service.

I'd be more than happy with

Fab
Taylor
Ash
Amat
Naughton
Routs
Ayew
Ki
Siggy
Britton
Gomis

Bring on Montero for the last 20 mins same with Eder . Fresh legs against tired defenders, pick the technical footballers like Leon,Amat and Routs who know each others play intimately.

Sub Leon for Cork if we need to close the game out later on .

Simples mun!!

Ayew is a major part of the problem though. His constant roaming into the middle of the pitch forces Gylfi to move elsewhere. We would be better with Routledge and Montero out wide.

At the moment Ayew is arguably the most talented player in our squad but he doesn't fit in anywhere with our current formation. I'd leave him out. Hopefully Liverpool come calling in January and we can use that money to improve our vastly underwhelming squad.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Garry hints at changes... on 17:40 - Nov 11 with 2080 viewsLandore_Jack

Ronaldo does the same with Real Madrid. Would you leave him out?

#backtojack

Garry hints at changes... on 17:43 - Nov 11 with 2071 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Garry hints at changes... on 17:35 - Nov 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ayew is a major part of the problem though. His constant roaming into the middle of the pitch forces Gylfi to move elsewhere. We would be better with Routledge and Montero out wide.

At the moment Ayew is arguably the most talented player in our squad but he doesn't fit in anywhere with our current formation. I'd leave him out. Hopefully Liverpool come calling in January and we can use that money to improve our vastly underwhelming squad.

Leave out Ayew and leave in Gomis?
Garry hints at changes... on 17:45 - Nov 11 with 2060 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry hints at changes... on 17:40 - Nov 11 by Landore_Jack

Ronaldo does the same with Real Madrid. Would you leave him out?

Ronaldo averages almost a goal a game at Madrid, with other players scoring massive amounts too. He's not really hampering the team when he drifts anywhere he likes. That is basically what Ancelotti wants, the same way Bale is allowed to drift wherever he likes for Wales.

Comparing Ronaldo in Madrid's team to Ayew in ours is laughable.

Garry hints at changes... on 17:46 - Nov 11 with 2055 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Garry hints at changes... on 17:43 - Nov 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Leave out Ayew and leave in Gomis?

I personally would start Eder against Bournemouth. Ayew would be benched with Gomis. I suspect they'd have a bigger impact coming off the bench than starting.

Garry hints at changes... on 17:48 - Nov 11 with 2053 viewsRancid

He should start by dropping Ash who's been absymal for a few weeks now.He won't though.Rangel for Naughton and make Rangel captain, if he ever had the balls to drop Ash.Routledge for Gomis and switch Ayew up top with Gylffi just behind.Not sure about Tabanou who i'd like to see be given a go and give the steady but predictable taylor a break.That'll shake them up a bit.
Garry hints at changes... on 18:14 - Nov 11 with 2001 viewsicecoldjack

Garry hints at changes... on 17:35 - Nov 11 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Agree totally RE Ayew., but thats the coaches job to make sure he stays in the right part of the field tat the right times, we do however need goal threat and he brings that

Siggy needs to be the 10 over that i'm sure, Ayew needs to be coached to play our way, star player or not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024