Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly's View! 18:50 - Dec 19 with 23789 viewsroccydaleian

https://audioboom.com/boos/3977161-i-hope-they-help-us-establish-rather-than-des
Hilly's View! on 18:58 - Dec 19 with 9812 views442Dale

What is this "disconnect"?

Why is he commenting on Bury? Who honestly cares if we match them? Where does he get the feeling from, where other than here do Bury get a mention? And even if they do get mentioned on here it's not to do with measuring ourselves against them on the pitch (apart from when we play them)

Why is the reporter saying fans want play-offs/promotion? Completely and utterly irresponsible journalism.

[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 19:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly's View! on 19:03 - Dec 19 with 9759 viewsKenBoon

The journ... interviewer got "tensions/frictions from the fans towards the players" from where? A few sh*t posters on this forum fishing for reactions? From what i've read from non-sh1tposters it's mostly been a Football discussion, not all positive but fair discussion. No friction at all. I f**king hate Clickbait journalism.

Hill does make some very fair points though and he's spot on about Bury. I think most supporters see the bigger picture and are #enjoyingtheride here. Nothing is perfect though. The atmosphere isn't good because the Club aren't doing enough to bring people in.
Hilly's View! on 19:03 - Dec 19 with 9756 viewsMancDale

Not had chance to listen to the interview yet but the negative reaction after going a goal down was the worst I've heard since Coleman was manager. Heard a couple of shouts of Hill out too. Don't think anyone could claim the atmosphere was any good today.
Hilly's View! on 19:04 - Dec 19 with 9740 viewsfitzochris

Very odd interview. Both in terms of the questions and answers. Apart from the WUMs and a few deluded, I would say we are very realistic supporters. It's a shame the manager feels that way.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hilly's View! on 19:06 - Dec 19 with 9710 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:04 - Dec 19 by fitzochris

Very odd interview. Both in terms of the questions and answers. Apart from the WUMs and a few deluded, I would say we are very realistic supporters. It's a shame the manager feels that way.

It's bloody boring too.

Hilly's View! on 19:09 - Dec 19 with 9662 viewsfitzochris

Hilly's View! on 19:06 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

It's bloody boring too.

And the majority of us have made it clear that we DON'T want to do things the way Bury do them.

Hilly's View! on 19:11 - Dec 19 with 9644 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 18:58 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

What is this "disconnect"?

Why is he commenting on Bury? Who honestly cares if we match them? Where does he get the feeling from, where other than here do Bury get a mention? And even if they do get mentioned on here it's not to do with measuring ourselves against them on the pitch (apart from when we play them)

Why is the reporter saying fans want play-offs/promotion? Completely and utterly irresponsible journalism.

[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 19:00]

Yep, very poor journalism, especially when the journo expresses the view that McD was "outstanding" - that's not a question, it's an (incorrect) opinion that's leading Hilly down the garden path.

It's possible the journo reads this messageboard (it should be part of his job), and maybe that's where he's taking his leading questions from.

Hilly's assessment that we'd always be wanting to doing better than Bury is correct, but he's clearly got no idea of the extent to which we don't want to be like them.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly's View! on 19:16 - Dec 19 with 9600 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:09 - Dec 19 by fitzochris

And the majority of us have made it clear that we DON'T want to do things the way Bury do them.

Why is he carping on about bury?....(Last week it was Bolton )

Having only seen the shakers once, they are truly are nothing special......we played poorly against them yes and they have loads of "recognised" strikers but they were well dicked less than 24 hours ago.....why would any of us aspire to Dale being likewise??

Leave it Hilly lad.
Login to get fewer ads

Hilly's View! on 19:18 - Dec 19 with 9584 viewsfitzochris

Using a fans' message board can be a useful way of informing yourself if you're unfamiliar with a club but this guy has gone for the easy option after a quick skim.

The Lewis Alessandra situation would be the type of question I would like someone to ask.

Hilly's View! on 19:18 - Dec 19 with 9585 viewsWhiteyBFC

Did the fans not boo McNulty today then, which led to Keith shouting 'shut up' to supporters?
Hilly's View! on 19:24 - Dec 19 with 9545 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:18 - Dec 19 by WhiteyBFC

Did the fans not boo McNulty today then, which led to Keith shouting 'shut up' to supporters?

If they did it'll have been the odd stupid comment like at every game. As I posted elsewhere after the game:

There was the odd silly comment in the main stand, they were laughed at as usual, but the crowd were pretty positive as Beech requested pre-match. 2100 home fans was a few more than expected so praise due off the pitch too.

We get it at every game so why this needed mentioning today is unclear. What is gained by a) the reporter asking the question and b) Hill dignifying it with a response like that. Just say "you'll always get the odd moaner but we know the fans are behind us" and move on. The tone on this m/board mirrors that.

Not that anyone at the club reads it...

Hilly's View! on 19:25 - Dec 19 with 9540 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:18 - Dec 19 by fitzochris

Using a fans' message board can be a useful way of informing yourself if you're unfamiliar with a club but this guy has gone for the easy option after a quick skim.

The Lewis Alessandra situation would be the type of question I would like someone to ask.

Why hasn't anyone asked him about John O'Sullivan's suspension? All someone has to do is be brave enough to see if he's had a chance to look at the incident again.

Hilly's View! on 19:26 - Dec 19 with 9533 views49thseason

I think the fan's frustration came out for 9 minutes between their goal and the penalty- mainly because there didn't seem to be any sense of urgency or passion in the side up to that point, Passing was poor, tackling and tracking back seemed lacklustre and the forwards hardly touched the ball. The distribution from the back had been awful and the midfield was being completely by-passed as McNulty insisted on slinging long, diagonal balls out to the right wing to no real effect and little real accuracy.
As soon as we got back on terms, the atmosphere changed and I could only see one team winning, but we are certainly not seeing the free-flowing football from earlier in the season.
If we had started with energy and pace, we would have had the game won easily by half time.
Hilly's View! on 19:27 - Dec 19 with 9515 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:18 - Dec 19 by WhiteyBFC

No, not McNulty per se..........having "gifted" them a goal (christmas wrapping paper,string ,a bow and sprig of holly) the crowd were rightfully getting restless and slightly alarmed at our poor play against a very mediocre Colchester (who we made look good.).....Matty Lund,bless him,dug in and finally got us going with some proper attacking play and the rest is now history.
Hilly's View! on 19:31 - Dec 19 with 9461 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hilly's View! on 19:24 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

If they did it'll have been the odd stupid comment like at every game. As I posted elsewhere after the game:

There was the odd silly comment in the main stand, they were laughed at as usual, but the crowd were pretty positive as Beech requested pre-match. 2100 home fans was a few more than expected so praise due off the pitch too.

We get it at every game so why this needed mentioning today is unclear. What is gained by a) the reporter asking the question and b) Hill dignifying it with a response like that. Just say "you'll always get the odd moaner but we know the fans are behind us" and move on. The tone on this m/board mirrors that.

Not that anyone at the club reads it...

You know me, pal. I think Keith could fall out with himself.

But this is his style. It's always been like this.

I'd prefer him back antagonizing our soft fans than LJ and his feeble interviews where "we just miss 1% here and 1% there but we'll get there" etc etc.

It's quite stunning really that he's still in charge, especially now Bobby Hassell has the office next door.....
Hilly's View! on 19:33 - Dec 19 with 9450 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 19:31 - Dec 19 by WhiteyBFC

I'd prefer him back antagonizing our soft fans than LJ and his feeble interviews where "we just miss 1% here and 1% there but we'll get there" etc etc.

It's quite stunning really that he's still in charge, especially now Bobby Hassell has the office next door.....

We've known Keith a lot longer than you, and it wasn't always like this.

Hilly's View! on 19:34 - Dec 19 with 9428 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:31 - Dec 19 by WhiteyBFC

We know it is, as said it's also so boring. Never understood why someone just doesn't have a word and ask him not to discuss the subject.

Sticky Hassell in charge if only because he knows that bench so well.

Hilly's View! on 19:34 - Dec 19 with 9429 viewswildie

It's bloody boring too.

I wonder if this interview is done straight after the one for Dale player where Hilly goes on for 8 minutes about the fans. Unfortunately the tone is the set for the rest of the journalists. I don't think any fans want us to be compared with Bury and how they are going about their business good luck to them.
Clearly what's been said on here has been read by many and sometimes criticism hurts but compared to previous seasons the football has been boring and predictable, which is more about the tactics than the players themselves. If that means there is a disconnect then he's probably right but hilly must also take responsibility for that.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 19:36]
Hilly's View! on 19:38 - Dec 19 with 9398 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hilly's View! on 19:33 - Dec 19 by D_Alien

We've known Keith a lot longer than you, and it wasn't always like this.

I've known Keith long enough to have an opinion. In fact, I reckon I've a more relative opinion on him, because I've experienced the successful Keith and the losing Keith. You're only just seeing the latter, be honest.

And without Keith, my missus' son wouldn't be the outstanding £6m footballer looking at the Premier League.

I'm only disappointed in myself that I agreed with his dismissal. Hindsight eh?
Hilly's View! on 19:40 - Dec 19 with 9378 views442Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:34 - Dec 19 by wildie

I wonder if this interview is done straight after the one for Dale player where Hilly goes on for 8 minutes about the fans. Unfortunately the tone is the set for the rest of the journalists. I don't think any fans want us to be compared with Bury and how they are going about their business good luck to them.
Clearly what's been said on here has been read by many and sometimes criticism hurts but compared to previous seasons the football has been boring and predictable, which is more about the tactics than the players themselves. If that means there is a disconnect then he's probably right but hilly must also take responsibility for that.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2015 19:36]

The Daleplayer interview is different?

Hilly's View! on 19:43 - Dec 19 with 9358 viewsD_Alien

Hilly's View! on 19:38 - Dec 19 by WhiteyBFC

I've known Keith long enough to have an opinion. In fact, I reckon I've a more relative opinion on him, because I've experienced the successful Keith and the losing Keith. You're only just seeing the latter, be honest.

And without Keith, my missus' son wouldn't be the outstanding £6m footballer looking at the Premier League.

I'm only disappointed in myself that I agreed with his dismissal. Hindsight eh?

Only you are capable of following someone's career when they're not at your club?

Condescending nonsense - and that's me "being honest", but don't worry, I'm not coming on to you.

Hilly's View! on 19:44 - Dec 19 with 9339 viewsnordenblue

It's bloody boring too.

Some of the things that come out of his mouth..,cracking manager but jesus wept he should retire from giving any press releases he talks absolute bollox most of the time
Hilly's View! on 19:55 - Dec 19 with 9269 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly's View! on 19:44 - Dec 19 by nordenblue

Some of the things that come out of his mouth..,cracking manager but jesus wept he should retire from giving any press releases he talks absolute bollox most of the time

Yep......give Beechy a chance or even BBM?
Hilly's View! on 19:55 - Dec 19 with 9266 views49thseason

I think I'm rather glad I'm not a bury fan at the moment - 10 points from 10 games for them 13 from 10 for us!

KH needs to write his after-match comments before the game when he has time to think. All he needed to say today was that he was pleased with the win and wished all the supporters a happy Christmas. Everything else is completely unnecessary.
Hilly's View! on 20:04 - Dec 19 with 9220 viewswildie

Hilly's View! on 19:40 - Dec 19 by 442Dale

The Daleplayer interview is different?

Same themes but yeah. Alludes to the PV article in the programme, how it's hard for him to coach and nurture players when it's like this. It's the fans responsibility to re -connect. You can see where the GMR interview has come from. I think the interview had been brewing all week to be honest. Personally think the guy is a great manager the best I've seen in 30 years and what he's done for the club is magnificent. However would I have pint with him? No. when it comes to his media skills he's emotionally stunted and I'd prefer it if CB did them & this shroud waving of I could go does my nut in. Finally throw in the two T.V performances and the post match interview today, in footballing terms we've just scored an O.G in attracting fans for forthcoming games. On another note we won 3-1 today were not a bad team and I'll be damed if his time of the month post match comments are going to spoil my Sat night
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024