Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS 17:56 - Dec 20 with 16799 viewsthame_hoops

So what did everyone think?
If you haven't seen it yet don't read this thread...

I really enjoyed it, took me back to being a kid and going to see ep5/6 at the old cinema in marlow.

A few things annoyed me, not seeing Luke with Han, captain phasma was underused, Kylo ren acting like a little spoiled biatch when things didn't go his way and he wasn't very menacing.

It left a few questions needing answering like how did that alien get Luke's light sabre from empire strikes back....and how did rey learn the force so quickly....left me wanting more which I guess was the idea, can't wait for ep8

Discuss
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:19 - Jan 4 with 4148 viewsPunteR

Funny. Me thinks.

[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 0:25]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 09:10 - Jan 4 with 4101 viewssimmo

Seen it twice now and thought it was even better 2nd time round. An excellent film and as the first line says - 'This should begin to make things right again'.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 9:45]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 09:28 - Jan 4 with 4094 viewsElHoop

It was Ok - not brilliant or terrible. Not sure what the hype is all about though.

OK it's all fun and fantasy but I'm not sure that a tribe which has gone all the way from a single cell piece of something small to blowing up whole planets would ever have got that far without blowing itself up in the process.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 17:39 - Jan 4 with 4054 viewsTacticalR

Someone told me that Steve Black was a Jedi. Or was it a Jordy?

Air hostess clique

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 4051 viewsNorthernr

Personally thought Billy Davies turning up as the owner of that lakeside bar near the end was the highlight. Wondered what happened to him.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 20:56 - Jan 4 with 3975 viewsconnell10

Loved it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 22:27 - Jan 4 with 3946 viewsbosh67

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:19 - Jan 4 by PunteR

Funny. Me thinks.

Love that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 22:34 - Jan 4 with 3941 viewsconnell10

Even a bloke who looked like jek porkins aka red 6 from new hope, was in it!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Login to get fewer ads

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 23:56 - Jan 5 with 3875 viewsDorse

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:19 - Jan 4 by PunteR

Funny. Me thinks.

'You shouldn't have called me turd burglar at the gym'

Laughed myself silly. Sillier.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 01:17 - Jan 6 with 3862 viewsRangersRocker

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:30 - Dec 24 by Toast_R

Wasn't overly impressed to be honest. Special effects great but story a bit naff. Enemy has a big weapon needs to be taken out, the droids carrying vital information.

To describe compared to the original trilogy, think Terminator 3 Rise of the Machines compared with Terminator 2.

The new bad guy looked a bit of an ugly goon. Also got done over by a girl who hadn't even held a light sabre before. Crazy.

Spot on ToastR.

Much Ado.
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 09:31 - Jan 6 with 3825 viewszizoustainrod

Ahh, Star Wars - what fond memories it revives. But wait......

On a continent far, far away (from New Zealand)........ The dastardly Big Four are determined to rule the Premier League. They attempt to suck all life out of their competitors by hoovering up any homegrown players that show even a glimmer of talent and banishing them to the dark reaches of their academies never to be seen again. Their owners exhibit little patience as they constantly churn through managers in their search for instant success and total domination. Said managers don't help their cause by continuing to implement flawed strategies that haven't worked in previous episodes thus resulting in (contract) teminations. They really do need to shore up those defences. Meanwhile the rebel alliance are fighting back. Vardey (the force is strong in this one!) and the mercurial Mahrez lead the charge. Will our gallant heroes triumph or will the Big Four draw them to the Dark Side and thwart the rebellion?
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 11:35 - Jan 6 with 3795 viewsPunteR

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 23:56 - Jan 5 by Dorse

'You shouldn't have called me turd burglar at the gym'

Laughed myself silly. Sillier.

'Waiting in the bushes of love' song is going on a friday music thread somehow..

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 12:23 - Jan 6 with 3766 viewsTacticalR

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 09:31 - Jan 6 by zizoustainrod

Ahh, Star Wars - what fond memories it revives. But wait......

On a continent far, far away (from New Zealand)........ The dastardly Big Four are determined to rule the Premier League. They attempt to suck all life out of their competitors by hoovering up any homegrown players that show even a glimmer of talent and banishing them to the dark reaches of their academies never to be seen again. Their owners exhibit little patience as they constantly churn through managers in their search for instant success and total domination. Said managers don't help their cause by continuing to implement flawed strategies that haven't worked in previous episodes thus resulting in (contract) teminations. They really do need to shore up those defences. Meanwhile the rebel alliance are fighting back. Vardey (the force is strong in this one!) and the mercurial Mahrez lead the charge. Will our gallant heroes triumph or will the Big Four draw them to the Dark Side and thwart the rebellion?

Is Vardy by any chance related to Vader?

Air hostess clique

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 16:00 - Jan 6 with 3734 viewsJuzzie

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 22:34 - Jan 4 by connell10

Even a bloke who looked like jek porkins aka red 6 from new hope, was in it!

The Force Awakens is littered with references to the original trilogy, and more!

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 21:03 - Jan 6 with 3698 viewsthame_hoops

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 16:00 - Jan 6 by Juzzie

The Force Awakens is littered with references to the original trilogy, and more!

cheers for this, i did not hear the yoda and obi-one voices in reys vision! i just researched and read that frank oz did this specially as did ewan mcgregor mixed with alec guinnes!
The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 00:09 - Jan 9 with 3602 viewscoldchilling

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 08:25 - Feb 3 with 3476 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 11:11 - Dec 24 by bosh67

Call centre: Yes sir, can I help you?
New Order: Yes, policy number 234566. New order.
Call centre: yes sir. How can I help you?
New Order: We need to put in a claim.
Call centre: And your claim is, sir.
New Order: Our planet destroyer.
Call centre: What is the problem, sir?
New Order: It's been blown up, by the Rebellion.
Call centre: FFS, again?
New Order: To be fair we are the New Order now, not the Imperial Empire. It is a new limited company we are operating under.
Call centre: But all the same. How did it happen this time?
New Order: Oh, you know. Much like the last time. Small group of X Wings blew up the core.
Call centre: But we specifically said cover up the exhaust ports on the policy and only gave you third party, fire and theft.
New centre: Well, we did do most of that and to be honest it did create a huge fireball and it's gone, so we were hoping you would honour the policy?
Call centre: I am not sure the claim will be covered by the policy this time, sir?
New order: ......You will honour the policy and pay out the full amount against the claim.
Call centre: Sir, please don't try that with me.

Nailed it!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 08:53 - Feb 3 with 3460 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Finally watched it last night and was disappointed. Yes, yes, the music, the jokes, Han, Chewy, etc But no, God no, to more unlikely parent-child plots and the lazy re-hashing of the best bits of previous films. When Han and his young fella squared up for a scrap inside the reactor thingy my first thought was that this was the film franchise version of a Status Quo reunion tour.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 09:02 - Feb 3 with 3447 viewsBluce_Ree

I don't even like Star Wars that much but I quite liked Force Awakens. It was nicely paced and had some big set pieces. That's all you can really ask for from a kids movie.

I thought the guy who played Finn was excellent. The only downsides were that it was basically a remake of the first film but with rubbish bad guys.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 21:14 - Feb 3 with 3340 viewsDorse

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 08:53 - Feb 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Finally watched it last night and was disappointed. Yes, yes, the music, the jokes, Han, Chewy, etc But no, God no, to more unlikely parent-child plots and the lazy re-hashing of the best bits of previous films. When Han and his young fella squared up for a scrap inside the reactor thingy my first thought was that this was the film franchise version of a Status Quo reunion tour.

There was no call whatsoever to bring The Quo into this. None. You, Sir, have crossed the line.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 21:22 - Mar 9 with 3107 viewsToast_R

Don't know if anyone's seen this but its been doing the rounds on social media this week. As a fan made movie it's pretty f*cking impressive.

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 22:26 - Mar 9 with 3062 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Goody gumdrops...

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 22:31 - Mar 9 with 3060 viewsPunteR

The Force Awakens WARNING CONTAINS SPOILERS on 21:22 - Mar 9 by Toast_R

Don't know if anyone's seen this but its been doing the rounds on social media this week. As a fan made movie it's pretty f*cking impressive.

Cheers Toast,enjoyed that. Really well made. The next JJ Abrams in the making.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024