Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Giggle Lane 17:34 - Jan 17 with 17437 viewsjav14

Oops.

http://m.burytimes.co.uk/sport/14210483.Shakers_hit_with_winding_up_petition_by_
Giggle Lane on 17:48 - Jan 17 with 7716 viewsonedalefan

But they have paid January's early so no problems!
Giggle Lane on 17:55 - Jan 17 with 7670 viewsSuddenLad

They claim they were never more than a month in arrears in the last two and a half years.

What they don't say, is how much they've borrowed in that time, to remain so close to the financial precipice.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Giggle Lane on 17:59 - Jan 17 with 7652 viewsmacro

Abandonment of matches!
Giggle Lane on 18:13 - Jan 17 with 7608 viewsBuryyyy

Been paid now anyway so you can stop getting excited haha.

IF we beat Bradford (v unlikely on current form) we will receive £96k in prize money and then a sell out crowd for the Hull game. Fingers and toes crossed!!
Giggle Lane on 18:14 - Jan 17 with 7603 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Why a picture of Flickers?........He's merely an employee........where FatLad?

Does n't do bad publicity?
Giggle Lane on 18:15 - Jan 17 with 7593 views442Dale

Giggle Lane on 18:13 - Jan 17 by Buryyyy

IF we beat Bradford (v unlikely on current form) we will receive £96k in prize money and then a sell out crowd for the Hull game. Fingers and toes crossed!!

What do you think about the situation developing in the first place?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Giggle Lane on 18:27 - Jan 17 with 7525 viewsTVOS1907

Giggle Lane on 17:59 - Jan 17 by macro

Abandonment of matches!

Ha, think they mean postponements.

Of which they have had, erm, ONE! (v Barnsley on Boxing Day).

They also had the unexpected bonus of a third round FA Cup tie and the prize money for beating Dale which they didn't know about at the end of November.

More smoke, mirrors and complete bunkum.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Giggle Lane on 18:29 - Jan 17 with 7511 viewsTVOS1907

Sell out?

Arf.

Login to get fewer ads

Giggle Lane on 18:36 - Jan 17 with 7479 viewsBigKindo

............. and then again it might be £ 67,500-00 to the winner.
Giggle Lane on 18:37 - Jan 17 with 7471 viewsBuryyyy

Giggle Lane on 18:15 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

What do you think about the situation developing in the first place?

Obviously not the ideal situation to be in, and many Bury fans feel like the club is on a knife edge at times.

It's a double edged sword, in theory you speculate to accumulate or risk for reward etc...

Fans obviously like these big name signings playing for us (not that they are making much difference on the field anyway!) but at the same time these players don't come cheap, as a result we are put in a great(er) financial risk.

What can I do though? We are shite at the moment so it's even worse considering the money spent. But fans are inherently fickle, winning games and no one will complain. When it all goes tits up though people will immediately start pointing fingers.

You may disagree with me but if roles were reversed, would Dale fans not be "enjoying the ride" too? And would you expect the Bury messageboard to be littered with threads about Rochdale?
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 18:38]
Giggle Lane on 19:02 - Jan 17 with 7376 views442Dale

Giggle Lane on 18:37 - Jan 17 by Buryyyy

Obviously not the ideal situation to be in, and many Bury fans feel like the club is on a knife edge at times.

It's a double edged sword, in theory you speculate to accumulate or risk for reward etc...

Fans obviously like these big name signings playing for us (not that they are making much difference on the field anyway!) but at the same time these players don't come cheap, as a result we are put in a great(er) financial risk.

What can I do though? We are shite at the moment so it's even worse considering the money spent. But fans are inherently fickle, winning games and no one will complain. When it all goes tits up though people will immediately start pointing fingers.

You may disagree with me but if roles were reversed, would Dale fans not be "enjoying the ride" too? And would you expect the Bury messageboard to be littered with threads about Rochdale?

No we wouldn't be enjoying the ride. Time and again we stress we prefer to have a club that only spends what it can afford. We'd like to maximise this by raising crowds and subsequently income.

Any argument about what threads should/shouldn't be on a messageboard are rendered pointless if you a) notice said threads, b) post on them.

Giggle Lane on 19:08 - Jan 17 with 7338 viewsBuryyyy

Giggle Lane on 19:02 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

No we wouldn't be enjoying the ride. Time and again we stress we prefer to have a club that only spends what it can afford. We'd like to maximise this by raising crowds and subsequently income.

Any argument about what threads should/shouldn't be on a messageboard are rendered pointless if you a) notice said threads, b) post on them.

End of the day it is a nothing story from December that has only just caught the eye of the media. We have paid this bill and next months in advance.

For what it's worth, even at our lowest ebb we have almost always been above Dale and have always had better crowds. So even if it does go tits up Dale fans won't really be able to laugh.
Giggle Lane on 19:14 - Jan 17 with 7306 views100notout

So even if it does go tits up Dale fans won't really be able to laugh.

Oh I think we'll all have a geet big laugh at plonkers like you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Giggle Lane on 19:15 - Jan 17 with 7302 viewsSuddenLad

Giggle Lane on 19:08 - Jan 17 by Buryyyy

End of the day it is a nothing story from December that has only just caught the eye of the media. We have paid this bill and next months in advance.

For what it's worth, even at our lowest ebb we have almost always been above Dale and have always had better crowds. So even if it does go tits up Dale fans won't really be able to laugh.

It's nothing of the kind.

It was a 'live case' as late as last Friday, or it wouldn't have been listed in Friday's gazette for a hearing in February. If it had been settled before Friday, it would have been withdrawn from publication.

Any business that so consistently fails to pay its' dues on time will only end up going one way. So, enjoy the ride. While it lasts.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Giggle Lane on 19:18 - Jan 17 with 7288 views442Dale

Who mentioned laughing?

You asked me a question, I answered it. You shifted the subject.

Tremendous.

Giggle Lane on 19:22 - Jan 17 with 7267 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Someone needs to put a leash on this buryyyy girl..........inciting local bother.

Can see this going to 20 pages.
Giggle Lane on 19:22 - Jan 17 with 7266 viewsrobbowood

Most Dale fans will agree with most of your points. However unlike the Bury board, under Mr Day, our board won't spend money we haven't got and we never have. If that means being in a lower division that's what Dale fans accept. The alternative is no football club. We have seen what happened to Stockport County who got promoted at our expense and look where they are now

Mr Day certainly talks a good game and may be the finest businessman around - but eventually bills and loans have to be repaid and the number of recent CCJ's at Gigg seems to indicate he will pay people when he feels like it - or when he is forced to in court. You don't need to be a finanical genius to see he will have to continue putting in a lot more money in or the club will go bust. FA Cup runs and selling promissing youth players will not happen every season

Nothing wrong in being ambitious but with the average wage bill in the Championship around 14 million pounds for Dale, Bury or Oldham (on crowds of under 5000) to be in the Championship would be a recipe for financial disaster as there is no way they can compete - as seen by recently promoted sides
Giggle Lane on 19:44 - Jan 17 with 7187 viewsdalestats

The number of ‘smaller’ clubs (who Dale used to play regularly) who have chased the golden goose that is more money from Sky and won is miniscule.

Bournemouth with the help of their billionaire owner.

The number of clubs who have failed abysmally whether quickly or over a great deal of time is a great deal larger. Look at Stockport as mentioned, Hereford who bought a promotion through loans and then fell apart. The odds are for bury’s method is not great.

Saying that Yeovil, did it the correct way and promotion to the Championship has proven to be a disaster for them. So keep at it bury because the one guaranteed thing is that whether within 3months, 3 years or 13 years this method will come back to haunt you.

Poll: Remain in the eu

Giggle Lane on 19:45 - Jan 17 with 7179 viewsTVOS1907

Ah, here we go, true colours starting to come out.

You're not clever enough to keep it up for more than a couple of days, are you?

Giggle Lane on 19:49 - Jan 17 with 7152 viewsdalestats

“Dale fans won’t be able to laugh”

I’d wet myself with laughter if you go bust and end up like Hereford United or Scarborough.

Probability is 10p in the pound, been there done it before...

Poll: Remain in the eu

Giggle Lane on 19:54 - Jan 17 with 7138 viewsTVOS1907

... says a bury fan posting incessantly on a Rochdale messageboard.

You lot really struggle with that concept.

Giggle Lane on 22:10 - Jan 17 with 6908 views1mark1

In the modern era, since the 2000s, haven't Dale have finished ahead of bury more times than not? I am not too sure about the crowds, but even if that's the case, position is more important.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Giggle Lane on 22:22 - Jan 17 with 6858 viewsTVOS1907

Giggle Lane on 22:10 - Jan 17 by 1mark1

In the modern era, since the 2000s, haven't Dale have finished ahead of bury more times than not? I am not too sure about the crowds, but even if that's the case, position is more important.

You forget, they are #obsessed with crowds.

Giggle Lane on 22:54 - Jan 17 with 6803 views442Dale

Giggle Lane on 22:10 - Jan 17 by 1mark1

Last ten seasons from here:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm

Crowds: Equal, five seasons each for highest average.

Position: Dale finished higher in seven of the ten seasons.

Not that anyone really cares, buts stats are stats.

Giggle Lane on 23:34 - Jan 17 with 6729 views1mark1

Giggle Lane on 22:54 - Jan 17 by 442Dale

Last ten seasons from here:

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm

Crowds: Equal, five seasons each for highest average.

Position: Dale finished higher in seven of the ten seasons.

Not that anyone really cares, buts stats are stats.

Cheers.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024